Saturday lunch meet up in Denton, Texas

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
BillT

Saturday lunch meet up in Denton, Texas

Post by BillT »

Lunch at noon on this coming Saturday August 1 at Sweetwater Grill one block south of the town square in Denton, Texas.

Anyone is welcome to attend. If you do not see me ask the bartender to point me out.

sigking

Re: Saturday lunch meet up in Denton, Texas

Post by sigking »

You paying?

BillT

Post by BillT »

First drink for sure

hank327

Post by hank327 »

Damn, I’d like to come but I work Saturday’s :-(

easttex

Post by easttex »

I'll have to try to catch ya'll another time. I should be at the hospital with my wife and mother-to-be this Saturday if my son cooperates.
  • Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy
  • Amat Victoria Curam
  • Molon Labe

Craigan

Post by Craigan »

Damn, heading to central TX on Friday.
Will definitely make it happen next time - I live near Alliance.

GSP228

Post by GSP228 »

One way to get around a ban.

ExCan

Post by ExCan »

See you there, Bill. I'm in Anna, so it's a hop, skip, and jump. I'm on for drink #2
A refugee from FalFiles.

Savage11

Post by Savage11 »

Damn, I grew up in little elm. It was a little hick town when I lived there, sure do miss it. Little elm lobos!

BillT

Post by BillT »

In the old days we would have twenty eating after assembling dozens of Fals. The largest gathering was at Randy Klines house. Holy cow!!

martin35

Post by martin35 »

Being banned from the old files format this is a good chance to reinvent yourself and "winnow" ( separate) the grain from the chaff using a new forum format,,, many of us old timers should be aware of what is happening,,, by design or happenstance.
Once a able bodied world traveler now I only travel to family funerals ,,, and I'm running out places to go to

hank327

Post by hank327 »

Savage11 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:37 pm
Damn, I grew up in little elm. It was a little hick town when I lived there, sure do miss it. Little elm lobos!
It’s not a little hick town anymore. You can’t tell Little Elm from Frisco or Plano anymore. I think the population is closing in on 40,000. It’s solid city from there until you finally get through to almost Ennis south of Dallas When did you live there and when did you leave? I remember when Little Elm had less than 200 people living there.

BillT

Post by BillT »

Little Elm used to be a major child molester area 45 years ago!!!

BillT

Post by BillT »

hank327 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:46 pm
Savage11 wrote:
It’s not a little hick town anymore. You can’t tell Little Elm from Frisco or Plano anymore. I think the population is closing in on 40,000. It’s solid city from there until you finally get through to almost Ennis south of Dallas When did you live there and when did you leave? I remember when Little Elm had less than 200 people living there.
At 77 I take the train to Dallas or Ft. Worth. No driving on the highways of death here. Denton County no has about 900,000 population.

Mebsuta

Post by Mebsuta »

Do you still have the big a$$ army truck?

ExCan

Post by ExCan »

BillT wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:02 pm
At 77 I take the train to Dallas or Ft. Worth. No driving on the highways of death here. Denton County no has about 900,000 population.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta agree 100% there, man. I took my 56 Meteor on 35 today and going north across the Lake Lewisville Bridge had me sweating bullets. The Highway of Death is no exaggeration. Those people are out for blood and play for keeps.
Worn out steering, mud tires, huge Dodge diesels, and 19 year old kids are not a good combination when all lumped into one.
A refugee from FalFiles.

Savage11

Post by Savage11 »

hank327 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:46 pm
Savage11 wrote:
1982 to 1991

ExCan

Post by ExCan »

When I was looking for a house, I looked in Little Elm, then out in Lantana and the Argyle area. I had decided to buy a few acres in Lantana until a friend showed me the future expansion plans.
It took about a minute of that to go buy up in the top of Collin County.
A refugee from FalFiles.

BillT

Post by BillT »

Mebsuta wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:16 pm
Do you still have the big a$$ army truck?
We have 1 M35a2, 1 M39a2 tractor and 1 M151 jeep currently. The M35a1 has a .50 car gun ring.

BillT

Post by BillT »

Make that a M939a2

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

martin35 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 pm
Being banned from the old files format this is a good chance to reinvent yourself and "winnow" ( separate) the grain from the chaff using a new forum format,,, many of us old timers should be aware of what is happening,,, by design or happenstance.
Once a able bodied world traveler now I only travel to family funerals ,,, and I'm running out places to go to
Where you been sailor? Long time no see. It ain't forever and he ain't getting back in.

BillT

Post by BillT »

meltblown wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:22 am
martin35 wrote:
Where you been sailor? Long time no see. It ain't forever and he ain't getting back in.
Wanna bet?

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

BillT wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:30 am
meltblown wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:22 am
martin35 wrote:
Wanna bet?
1:4 odds. I'll bet 500K against your $2M and spread the love behind the scenes. You're still a dick.

Nev

Post by Nev »

ExCan wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:21 pm
BillT wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:02 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta agree 100% there, man. I took my 56 Meteor on 35 today and going north across the Lake Lewisville Bridge had me sweating bullets. The Highway of Death is no exaggeration. Those people are out for blood and play for keeps.
Worn out steering, mud tires, huge Dodge diesels, and 19 year old kids are not a good combination when all lumped into one.
Sweetwater is good. Nice choice.

Setting aside the rush hours, that Lake Lewisville bridge and south Denton highway construction was hairy as hell even driving late at night, with multiple 18 wheelers flying full bore down those winding skinny temporary construction lanes with no lighting. Is it even done yet? Nothing infuriated me more than the bullshit highway redesign and how long it took in front of DWF. The growth was overly accelerated and unplanned. They'd put in entire malls before there were roads to accommodate the increased traffic. I'm glad I got out of N. Texas when I did. Three years in Anchorage now permanently settled in AZ makes me happy. Anyhow...

Y'all should take a short drive to Decatur for a meetup at Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes. Nothing better 100 mile radius than their chicken fried ribeye.

ExCan

Post by ExCan »

Just a short distance from Denton....

But alas, it’s not my gig, I’m just a respondent.
A refugee from FalFiles.