Well, that was fun..

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
Jen
Site Admin

Well, that was fun..

Post by Jen »

Well.. we got hacked. Everything was backed up so we should be good to go moving forward.

This forum is a quick and temporary holding spot until we can get the web server fully upgraded and back online. I apologize, it will likely be a week for us to get everything squared away. Don't panic, we shall return.

Jen
Site Admin

Re: Well, that was fun..

Post by Jen »

On a side note.. this really is ONE forum to rule them all. Both AKFiles and FALFiles are both redirecting here temporarily. You will have to register a new account which will be TEMPORARY while we're working through upgrading and restoring the web server.

Play Nice Together. I will gladly add more temporary forums as requested. I do expect this server to be SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, compared to what we are used to, but this is only a temporary landing spot.

Glashaus

Post by Glashaus »

Thanks for the update Jen, it is a strange world that we are in these days

AK_Fanatic_N_AZ

Post by AK_Fanatic_N_AZ »

Strange indeed...in on Page 1!

NOT-TheGreek!

Post by NOT-TheGreek! »

The forum is using way out dated software. Most other forums have already switch over to XenForo... Ever thought about following suit?

NOT-TheGreek!

Post by NOT-TheGreek! »

The forum is using way out dated software. Most other forums have already switch over to XenForo... Ever thought about following suit?

Nacho Man

Post by Nacho Man »

oh wow, wondered what was up. Kept getting a warning when accessing the site on my phone :shock:

Fjordforder

Post by Fjordforder »

I`ve got a bad feeling it was somebody inside, maybe a pissed off retread or something?

It`s probably too early to tell, but is there any indication how long it`ll be before we can all go back home? I`m just talking about if it`ll be a matter of weeks or months?

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

TheGreek! wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:00 am
Was looking at that already, just trying to figure out a few things we need to keep (ie user trader ratings) if we migrate.

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

Nacho Man wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:05 am
oh wow, wondered what was up. Kept getting a warning when accessing the site on my phone :shock:
That's because we don't have a valid SSL Certificate for the site yet. Ignore the warning for now, I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

iamafaggot

Post by iamafaggot »

I would like to announce once and for all that I am a faggot. I am also looking for AK-103 furniture. Carry on.

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

Fjordforder wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 am
I`ve got a bad feeling it was somebody inside, maybe a pissed off retread or something?

It`s probably too early to tell, but is there any indication how long it`ll be before we can all go back home? I`m just talking about if it`ll be a matter of weeks or months?
Probably overseas, but we shut everything down as soon as I got the notification there were issues. Hoping we can have things back up next week. Everything was backed up so we shouldn't be too bad off.

Fjordforder

Post by Fjordforder »

Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:22 am
Fjordforder wrote:

Probably overseas, but we shut everything down as soon as I got the notification there were issues. Hoping we can have things back up next week. Everything was backed up so we shouldn't be too bad off.
That makes sense. That answer is much less dramatic and spy-movie styled so I`ll stick with my answer. Or one of the reddit mods was frustrated at people migrating here. :lol:

Either way, I`m going to be very interested in seeing what the "new and improved" files is going to be like. Any cosmetic changes?

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

Fjordforder wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:24 am
Jen wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:

That makes sense. That answer is much less dramatic and spy-movie styled so I`ll stick with my answer. Or one of the reddit mods was frustrated at people migrating here. :lol:

Either way, I`m going to be very interested in seeing what the "new and improved" files is going to be like. Any cosmetic changes?
As mentioned above, we may be switching software as we need to upgrade anyways, which is LONG overdue (and probably how the hacker(s) tanked the server). I'll be looking things over this weekend and making a final decision. My goal is to keep the general functionality we've added over the years such as contributor groups and more importantly trader ratings and preserve an archive of the boards older posts. One of the big upgrade / migration issues has been the sheer amount of posts we have accrued over the years, and I don't want to lose all that history.

imacoonass01

Post by imacoonass01 »

Good luck on getting us back in business. I will check back in a week or every five minutes. Whichever comes first.

vinco

Post by vinco »

Well, shoot - I wondered why I couldn't pull up the Files on my phone... In on page 2! Welcome back!

vinco

Post by vinco »

So now what am I supposed to do all day while I'm "working from home"... work?

brunop

Post by brunop »

Jen wrote:

One of the big upgrade / migration issues has been the sheer amount of posts we have accrued over the years, and I don't want to lose all that history.
This. Please don't lose the old stuff if it is at all able to be saved.

shlomo thread comes to mind, but there are many others.

MeatAxe556

Post by MeatAxe556 »

It was the anqueefa / blm.

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

brunop wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:20 am
Jen wrote:

One of the big upgrade / migration issues has been the sheer amount of posts we have accrued over the years, and I don't want to lose all that history.

That's the primary goal. Most likely older threads will be archived into a read-only section, which will also help reduce server load etc..

StoicRabbit

Post by StoicRabbit »

brunop wrote:
Jen wrote:

Loosing Pat’s reference photos during the photobucket fiasco was bad enough.

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

StoicRabbit wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:16 am
brunop wrote:
Jen wrote:

Loosing Pat’s reference photos during the photobucket fiasco was bad enough.
Sadly, that was something we had no control over :(

AKMStoy

Post by AKMStoy »

I notice on top it includes FAL Files. Guess I'll stay awway from there till awhile after this site is finished :D
Cry havoc let slip the dogs of war

grahamneall

Post by grahamneall »

Sorry Jen....WoW !!

Like others in this Thread, losing you guys for a week is gonna have me going crazy.....under my circumstances, the Files keeps my mind at work darn near 24/7 (well not quire 24 hours) but starting at 4.00 am is about the norm for me.

Has any one spoken to Nancy (?)....I'm sure it's probably a Russian job which Donald was involved with, that or a C19 attack !!

Good luck on the rescue.
Graham.

Mebsuta

Post by Mebsuta »

Hai. :D