The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 07, 2019, 06:42   #1
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,838
Basketball and China

Looks like the Chicoms win another one......this is how Pelosi and her ilk want to have control over you......you criticize some aspect of their regime and instantly you are ostracized.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports...ong-kong-tweet.

When you sleep with the enemy this is what you can expect. So the GM of the Rockets likes red meat, apple pie and American values but........opened his mouth and stuck his foot all the way in. Apparently China is a bigger partner in sports that none would imagine. The fallout was swift and painful.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 09:54   #2
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 21,662
It's far worse than people think, China is using facial recognition to determine who is allowed to use the net.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3784282/posts
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 12:38   #3
ratas calientes
Registered
 
ratas calientes's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1841
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,396
Don't like basketball. Don't give a rat's poop about the NBA.
__________________
Ratas Calientes (Hot Rats)
Rats are people too!
ratas calientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 12:59   #4
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratas calientes View Post
Don't like basketball. Don't give a rat's poop about the NBA.
Neither do I, but that wasn't the point of this thread, of course...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 14:53   #5
cotter
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 23754
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 941
Just shows the economic power the commies have over American businesses, in this case basketball (yes it is a business not a 'sport'). When they threaten to pull the cheap labor for their'officially licensed' crap trinkets the nba ALL caved. Sad indeed...
cotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 15:06   #6
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
 
Mebsuta's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4143
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Khemi, Stygia
Posts: 10,964
They should move the entire NBA to China. Why prolong the inevitable?
__________________
Hai
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 18:40   #7
ratas calientes
Registered
 
ratas calientes's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1841
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Neither do I, but that wasn't the point of this thread, of course...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Well, I do have to keep my post count up. So there.
__________________
Ratas Calientes (Hot Rats)
Rats are people too!
ratas calientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 19:05   #8
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,875
China is going to arrest thousands of demonstrators in Hong Kong. and ship them to internment/death camps in China.

Same was what they plan for us here, with the approval of Hillary and the DNC.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 19:30   #9
STG_58_guy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 9,911
Who markets all those $200 tennis shoes? Who makes all those $200 tennis shoes?

This is why Nike wasn't worried about backing Kaepernick. We aren't their demographic and we aren't in the revenue stream.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 19:47   #10
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratas calientes View Post
Well, I do have to keep my post count up. So there.
There is that...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 21:18   #11
lowprone
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 9987
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitewood S.D.
Posts: 436
F**k China, the NBA and the NFL as far as that goes.
lowprone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 22:00   #12
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 6,100
Some people just don't care for Kneegros.
__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2019, 20:22   #13
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 8,967
Commies = democrats
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 06:14   #14
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Who markets all those $200 tennis shoes? Who makes all those $200 tennis shoes?

This is why Nike wasn't worried about backing Kaepernick. We aren't their demographic and we aren't in the revenue stream.
Lot of truth to that. Quit often when I'm out I see those dressed head to toe with some NBA teams baggy clothing. Guess which demographic! Its a religion with some. Its a far bigger market in China.

I don't watch professional sports. Never have. Never will. Don't care what any of them think or what they might have to say. Same for those actor jerks who live in a fantasy land and think they know more than we do,
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 10:25   #15
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
Lot of truth to that. Quit often when I'm out I see those dressed head to toe with some NBA teams baggy clothing. Guess which demographic! Its a religion with some. Its a far bigger market in China.

I don't watch professional sports. Never have. Never will. Don't care what any of them think or what they might have to say. Same for those actor jerks who live in a fantasy land and think they know more than we do,
About sums it up...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 11:42   #16
russian_bot_5791
BANNED - (Charles the Hammer again)
 
FALaholic #: 82764
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: St. Petersburg
Posts: 101
Amerika is loving money so much they are forced to kissing ass of China on world stage hahahaha! Money is most important thing to Amerikans. Next will be doing other humiliating sex acts on China in public apology.
russian_bot_5791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 12:10   #17
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,875
**** you Fatima, you fraud.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 12:23   #18
russian_bot_5791
BANNED - (Charles the Hammer again)
 
FALaholic #: 82764
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: St. Petersburg
Posts: 101
China is new global market so stupid Amerikanskis must kissing their China ass now! Ha! If Russia was having this money Amerika would be our whore too but we are in line behind China to making Amerika our bitch. Amerika is perverting Bible verse Golden Rule, no? He with gold is making rules. China is having gold and rule is Amerika will bow to Chinese Dragon now. Amerikan Hollywood movies are kissing ass of China for many years. When making original Russophobic red scare film Red Dawn again to be against communist Chinese, China is saying "No Chinese money for you Amerika! You are making Chinese soldiers in new Red Dawn film into North Korea!" Amerikans knowing North Korea is not having money like China so Amerika obey their new master with the gold China! Hahahahaha! Very sad ending for "superpower" Amerika!
russian_bot_5791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 14:21   #19
T.C.
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 72745
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tejas
Posts: 135
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 16:28   #20
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
Amerika is loving money so much they are forced to kissing ass of China on world stage hahahaha! Money is most important thing to Amerikans. Next will be doing other humiliating sex acts on China in public apology.
Actually, I'll take a really good cheese burger, instead.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 16:33   #21
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 15,850
It's news here cause that popovich is rabid liberal and talks about oppression but man when that money is on the line he kowtows to the reds just like no one's business. I don't quite get why China is much of a market for the NBA. But hell I don't get the NBA over here either in all candor.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 18:01   #22
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 11,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
China is new global market so stupid Amerikanskis must kissing their China ass now! Ha! If Russia was having this money Amerika would be our whore too but we are in line behind China to making Amerika our bitch. Amerika is perverting Bible verse Golden Rule, no? He with gold is making rules. China is having gold and rule is Amerika will bow to Chinese Dragon now. Amerikan Hollywood movies are kissing ass of China for many years. When making original Russophobic red scare film Red Dawn again to be against communist Chinese, China is saying "No Chinese money for you Amerika! You are making Chinese soldiers in new Red Dawn film into North Korea!" Amerikans knowing North Korea is not having money like China so Amerika obey their new master with the gold China! Hahahahaha! Very sad ending for "superpower" Amerika!
China will not be a global market until their population acquires the sort of disposable income that Americans have enjoyed for the last 80+ years. Ain't gonna happen under a totalitarian regime. And even were the chinese government to change its stripes and adopt a republican approach the environmental and resource challenges of that place are daunting to say the least.

Nope, not gonna happen. Only so much rubber dog shit and sparkle toys the world needs. The chinese leadership have a real problem on their hands.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 18:29   #23
russian_bot_5791
BANNED - (Charles the Hammer again)
 
FALaholic #: 82764
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: St. Petersburg
Posts: 101
China will continue to usurp Amerika since Amerika refusing to lose on average 2% profit margin in manufacturing.
russian_bot_5791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 03:04   #24
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 11,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
China will continue to usurp Amerika since Amerika refusing to lose on average 2% profit margin in manufacturing.
Losing 2% per year on average in manufacturing could only make sense to a freaking communist. This is a good strategy for the other side to adopt.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 05:13   #25
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 6,100
We are losing our asses to monetary inflation as well which is why we need to buy stuff from china so we can afford it it the near term but those product will fail quickly and require repurchasing with ever more inflated dollars.

You cannot get ahead unless you rob a bank or the general population . . .
__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 07:11   #26
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2690
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: West Central New Hampshire
Posts: 6,017
It appears South Park and all references to it has gotten itself banned in China for this episode. It includes an NBA reference as well as LOTS of other unacceptable observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGnBFQVQmFQ
__________________
A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it.
Blackmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 07:42   #27
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 11,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
We are losing our asses to monetary inflation as well which is why we need to buy stuff from china so we can afford it it the near term but those product will fail quickly and require repurchasing with ever more inflated dollars.

You cannot get ahead unless you rob a bank or the general population . . .
Only if you keep your assets in things like money. Folks can get ahead but they are gonna have to work at it. Ain't gonna do it holding onto FRNs or, for that matter, shiny coins.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 08:28   #28
Impala_Guy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 55819
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 3,876
You wanna drive a Chicom crazy tell him to say "I love playing basketball very much" 5 times, fast
__________________
Don't spread our wealth around, spread our work ethic.........
Impala_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files