Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Competitive Shooting

Notices

Old August 07, 2019, 12:04   #101
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
I think you already know the answer to THAT question!!!
yeah I think so too but figured I'd at least ask...

Not that I want to run 75% of the course with soaking wet shoes, but I have never done a slack line and they look kind of sucky to navigate

I may have to re-think where I store my extra pistol mags so they don't go in the creek as I struggle upside down to get across. Was going to put them in an empty AR-15 pouch cell but they will be loose and could fall out while upside down. Maybe they'll fit in my cargo pants pockets more safely...not quickly accessible but better than my expensive mags going down stream
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 19:30   #102
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Do we have to use the slackline to cross the creek or can we wade across?
This is an 'entry level' slackline. Cargo strap bottom line and a rope for your hands. Easy-peasy.

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."
stimpsonjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 21:01   #103
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
This is an 'entry level' slackline. Cargo strap bottom line and a rope for your hands. Easy-peasy.
Oh great, now I have to worry how deep the water is as I try to walk across a really slack line. (it will be after I get on it)

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2019, 11:30   #104
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Looks like we will have a Kona Ice truck onsite on Saturday!

Old August 22, 2019, 14:31   #105
Tak
Registered

match day approaches !

Going tomorrow morning to do a final zero on my rifle. I was sighted in about an inch low at 25 which should put me about right on at 100 but don't want to leave it to chance an have any surprises. I've seen too many stories here of guys shooting way off when they thought they were nicely zeroed.

Thanks in advance to Stimpy for taking on the heavy burden of organizing all this!

Old August 23, 2019, 15:30   #106
Tak
Registered

"Never get out of the boat..."

"Always check your zero..."

Good thing, I don't know what happened but my windage was off. I was shooting just as expected for elevation but somehow my scope was way off on windage; I was hitting about 5 inches left of POA. Took more ammo than I wanted to confirm it was the scope and not just me shooting like a total idiot.

Finally got it adjusted and even though it's not Ideal, I was able to get about a 1.75 group 5 shots at 100 yards, from an improvised ammo box and towel rest from a bench that no matter what I did I could not get comfortably set up at ( I swear they are made for shorter guys with shorter arms), and after being very frustrated with the time it took to get even to that kind of grouping.

But you know the saying, a bad day at the range is better than a good day at the office

Now, to give it a basic light cleaning and make sure all the screws are tight and hope for the best next Saturday.

Maybe its just my unfamiliarity with it, but I just am not liking the functionality of the AR-15 Rifle. I'm fine with holding and shooting it, but I do not like the mag changes, dropping the bolt, or working the charging handle AT ALL. I really hate the charging handle compared to the FAL or AK. Maybe I don't know the secret ninja technique but I can't find a smooth way to work the charging handle that doesn't feel totally awkward.

Charging my L1A1 feels downright elegant by comparison.

Old August 23, 2019, 16:33   #107
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Charging my L1A1 feels downright elegant by comparison.

It's 'cuz it is
Old August 27, 2019, 11:47   #108
Tak
Registered

Current forecast for Saturday is Sunny and 90 degrees. Are you ready?

Old August 27, 2019, 15:16   #109
Eeben
Registered

FALaholic #: 72911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
It's 'cuz it is
Preach brotha.
Eeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2019, 15:56   #110
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Nothing left but setting up stages 1, 5, and 6 on Cowboy on Thursday.

Jill and I bagged $1300 worth of T-shirts last night with only one error we found.

Put tape up everywhere.

Pray all my ROs make it in safe.

Type up final stage descriptions.

Old August 27, 2019, 18:49   #111
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

Stimpy, I am leaving early Thursday and heading straight towards the range. I'll be able to help setup or anything else match related when I get there. I am hoping to get there around noon-ish. If you are mostly done, send me a text (number sent in email) and I can stop by and pickup some lunch, snacks or whatever else is needed or desired for your other helpers.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
Old August 28, 2019, 15:26   #112
Tak
Registered

Question if you don't mind:

Quote:
Stage 3 - Highpower
On buzzer climb up on roof prop. Load. Engage reduced IPSC torso at 50-100 yards (1 hit required). Now engage the 600 yard full IPSC torso (1 hit required). Continue alternating single hits on both targets until a total of 10 hits (5 on each target) have been made. +10 seconds per missed target.
Is it a +10 second penalty for each hit less than 5 at each distance?

For example, I have 3 minutes time for the stage. I use the entire 3 minutes because I suck. When the time is up, I have hit the close target 5 times, and the far target 1 time. My penalty would be +40 seconds (4 total misses). Is that how it works?

OR...I shoot the close target - PING...then I fail miserably and can't get a hit on the far target at all. Because I can't hit the far target, I never get a chance to switch back to shooting at the near target. I end up with 1 total hit and 9 misses and have a +90 second penalty ?

Last edited by Tak; August 28, 2019 at 15:37.
Old August 29, 2019, 15:52   #113
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

All set up. OMG this will not be fun. Stimpy has worked his evil once again It will be a test of the competitor and his equipment.

Old August 29, 2019, 21:53   #114
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
Nothing left but setting up stages 1, 5, and 6 on Cowboy on Thursday.

Jill and I bagged $1300 worth of T-shirts last night with only one error we found.

Put tape up everywhere.

Pray all my ROs make it in safe.

Type up final stage descriptions.
Lots of luck to ROs running tomorrow - and to Stimpy who is just trying not to die right now. Wish I was there!

If it makes you feel better, I'm wrestling horses and rebuilding carburetors tomorrow, building targets Saturday, and headed to the Rock Sunday for more prep.
Old August 30, 2019, 09:17   #115
Tak
Registered

Low 70 degrees this morning here and clear skies.

All you guys running early in the day are going to have ideal weather to run in

Hope everyone has a safe journey to the range.

And good luck to anyone who has to travel through Atlanta, busy holiday weekend and all.
Old August 30, 2019, 21:54   #116
Tak
Registered

Just FYI - when you did the final shuffle of the launch order, it looks like the paid/unpaid column got out of whack. Several people now show as unpaid who previously were showing as paid (me included).

Excel speadsheets after a long day, mistakes happen
Old August 31, 2019, 05:00   #117
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

Tak, your last scenario is correct. You cannot move on until the required hits are made.

As to the reshuffle, there were some last minute cancellations, so the moves were made so the groups evened out to eliminate the gaps between shooter. Nothing sucks more than having a 15 minute wait to start and nobody in front of you.

Good luck on your first RNG

Old August 31, 2019, 18:42   #118
Tak
Registered

THANK YOU to Stimpy and also to Mrs. Stimpy and the rest of the Stimpy family

A first-class event from some first-class folks

Thank you to all the great R.O.'s who kept us safe and on track.

Extra thanks to the stage 2 R.O. I asked to repeat his entire speech over again after I loaded the shotgun, since I was mentally numb from doing the 15 burpees. I heard him the first time but the words did not compute in my oxygen deprive brain.

I must have looked like hell for the last 2 stages since the R.O.'s asked me a couple of times if I was okay. I appreciate them looking out for our welfare!

I did not do anywhere as well as I hoped on the running, and I did worse on the stages I thought would be easier and better on the stages I thought would be harder. Of course that's not saying much since I didn't do so hot at anything, BUT it was my first time.

The positives:
I finished
I met some nice folks
I didn't get hurt
I didn't hurt anyone
I didn't break any rules
I didn't break any equipment
I didn't lose any gear
My weapons performed perfectly with no jams, misfeeds, or misfires of any kind
I thought I had no chance at 600 yards but I hit that thing 4 times. If I didn't spend 20 seconds figuring out how to NOT slide down that platform, I might have actually got all 10 hits lol !
I wore pants instead of shorts - good call. The crawling and the hi-power platform would have chewed me up.
I wore fingerless gloves - helped avoid sweaty hands and any burns or injuries.

The negatives:
Failing to train with 30 pounds of gear - I was completely fatigued by the time I got to the creek crossing and stayed that way the rest of the day. I walked most of the rest of the race and would only jog once in a while, and only in the shade

Sling Management - about 100 feet out from the start my sling got tangled in the cord for my earplugs. This threw me off kilter right away. I stopped at stage 6 by mistake to try and fix my tangle (nice fellow there helped me). After that was solved, I never could get my sling in a comfortable position anyway for the rest of the race. have to figure that out for next time.

Holster - while my primitive big flap super velcro holster was ultra safe, it was also ULTRA-SLOW. I probably lost 30 seconds on stage 1 alone due to the slow holster/unholster time. Plus my sling kept getting in the way.

Hat - I stupidly picked a black ball cap with thick fabric, Made me hotter than I needed to be. Plus, because of my ineptitude managing my rifle sling, I kept getting my hat bill caught up in my sling. How stupid is that?

Ear plugs - string on earplugs as mentioned kept getting caught in the rifle sling causing annoyance. Next time, plugs with no strings. I'll just carry two pair in case I lose one.

Canteen - where I placed my canteen made it hard to reach....I left it in my CAR

$%!# - I said the 'F' word more times today than I have in the last 4 months combined.

-Crossing the creek and grabbing what I thought was a sapling for balance but nope it was just a stray stick unattached to anything... $%!# you branch!

-Seeing the big hill leading up to Shotgun Hill ... #$%@ing hill!

-Seeing the quaint little footbridge then noticing the wire I had to crawl under....#$%# I felt like Frodo or Samwise crawling up the burning slopes of Mt. Doom when they were too tired to even walk anymore.

I probably hurled a few F-bombs at the wall and the slippery platform too. And when I took a wrong turn at stage 4 and walked an extra 50 yards by mistake.

Too heavy - I had probably one more rifle mag than I needed (maybe 2 more even) and probably 2 more pistol mags than I needed. Those few pounds could be shaved and would have at least helped a little. I need to count my leftover ammo and figure it out.

I need to work out the kinks and figure out better ways to do everything so I can have a performance that I can be proud of. But I'm glad I did it, even as frustrated as I got with myself and as tired as I am now. There's always next time to improve
Old August 31, 2019, 19:00   #119
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
I finished
I met some nice folks
I didn't get hurt
I didn't hurt anyone
You "ticked every box" that has any real importance. Good on ya mate
Old August 31, 2019, 22:37   #120
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
This is what it's all about, Tak - you done great!

What did your friends do this weekend again? Oh that's right - they were sitting on the couch while you did all this awesomeness. Revel in it. Even if you "fail", it puts you in the top 10% just for showing up.

Last edited by kotengu; September 01, 2019 at 06:13.
kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2019, 23:36   #121
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
THANK YOU to Stimpy and also to Mrs. Stimpy and the rest of the Stimpy family

A first-class event from some first-class folks

Thank you to all the great R.O.'s who kept us safe and on track.

Extra thanks to the stage 2 R.O. I asked to repeat his entire speech over again after I loaded the shotgun, since I was mentally numb from doing the 15 burpees. I heard him the first time but the words did not compute in my oxygen deprive brain.

I must have looked like hell for the last 2 stages since the R.O.'s asked me a couple of times if I was okay. I appreciate them looking out for our welfare!

I did not do anywhere as well as I hoped on the running, and I did worse on the stages I thought would be easier and better on the stages I thought would be harder. Of course that's not saying much since I didn't do so hot at anything, BUT it was my first time.

The positives:
I finished
I met some nice folks
I didn't get hurt
I didn't hurt anyone
I didn't break any rules
I didn't break any equipment
I didn't lose any gear
My weapons performed perfectly with no jams, misfeeds, or misfires of any kind
I thought I had no chance at 600 yards but I hit that thing 4 times. If I didn't spend 20 seconds figuring out how to NOT slide down that platform, I might have actually got all 10 hits lol !
I wore pants instead of shorts - good call. The crawling and the hi-power platform would have chewed me up.
I wore fingerless gloves - helped avoid sweaty hands and any burns or injuries.

The negatives:
Failing to train with 30 pounds of gear - I was completely fatigued by the time I got to the creek crossing and stayed that way the rest of the day. I walked most of the rest of the race and would only jog once in a while, and only in the shade

Sling Management - about 100 feet out from the start my sling got tangled in the cord for my earplugs. This threw me off kilter right away. I stopped at stage 6 by mistake to try and fix my tangle (nice fellow there helped me). After that was solved, I never could get my sling in a comfortable position anyway for the rest of the race. have to figure that out for next time.

Holster - while my primitive big flap super velcro holster was ultra safe, it was also ULTRA-SLOW. I probably lost 30 seconds on stage 1 alone due to the slow holster/unholster time. Plus my sling kept getting in the way.

Hat - I stupidly picked a black ball cap with thick fabric, Made me hotter than I needed to be. Plus, because of my ineptitude managing my rifle sling, I kept getting my hat bill caught up in my sling. How stupid is that?

Ear plugs - string on earplugs as mentioned kept getting caught in the rifle sling causing annoyance. Next time, plugs with no strings. I'll just carry two pair in case I lose one.

Canteen - where I placed my canteen made it hard to reach....I left it in my CAR

$%!# - I said the 'F' word more times today than I have in the last 4 months combined.

-Crossing the creek and grabbing what I thought was a sapling for balance but nope it was just a stray stick unattached to anything... $%!# you branch!

-Seeing the big hill leading up to Shotgun Hill ... #$%@ing hill!

-Seeing the quaint little footbridge then noticing the wire I had to crawl under....#$%# I felt like Frodo or Samwise crawling up the burning slopes of Mt. Doom when they were too tired to even walk anymore.

I probably hurled a few F-bombs at the wall and the slippery platform too. And when I took a wrong turn at stage 4 and walked an extra 50 yards by mistake.

Too heavy - I had probably one more rifle mag than I needed (maybe 2 more even) and probably 2 more pistol mags than I needed. Those few pounds could be shaved and would have at least helped a little. I need to count my leftover ammo and figure it out.

I need to work out the kinks and figure out better ways to do everything so I can have a performance that I can be proud of. But I'm glad I did it, even as frustrated as I got with myself and as tired as I am now. There's always next time to improve
That's a very nice write up! And I am alternating smiling and taking notes.

I apologize but for some reason I did not connect you to a real name today, can you give me a clue oor PM me your name?

I liked the course, but I think the stages came out harder than I expected.

Old September 01, 2019, 08:06   #122
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

Can't add much to the other Tak write up other to say that all of the competitors that I remember were awesome. They made being an RO easier. And as witnessed by Stimpy, I ran across the finish line. Well, at least my version of a run, and not very far at that.

Stimpy, IMHO, the stages were challenging but not impossible. I wouldn't change anything except to streamline the process. For me, the cliffs you guys call hills were the big challenge. I am still stiff and sore from them.

Thanks for being a great host.

Last edited by tac-40; September 01, 2019 at 18:47.
Old September 01, 2019, 09:18   #123
Tak
Registered

I agree, challenging but not overwhelmingly so.

Its a fine line to balance...if a game is too easy (checkers) maybe people don't want to play anymore. if it's too hard (4 dimensional time traveling chess) people give up and don't want to play either.

Thinking more about it, what really hampered me (besides not being in good enough shape) was my inability to clearly see if I was making the a/b hits on the paper targets. My eyesight just isn't so sharp anymore and the a/b sections was just hard to see the boundary line and know positively I was in there. But that's my issue not the course design issue. I wasn't good at estimating the distances either and I really shot low most of the time.

It was good to see you tac-40 ( think we met briefly at the FAL match too). Awesome that you ran it and I'm sure you did well. And you kept us all entertained at the long stage 5 wait
Old September 01, 2019, 12:11   #124
FN FNG
Registered

FALaholic #: 79897
Lawd, shotgun hill was murder. I'm super happy i chose to run my sks again, and even happier i was able to connect at 600 yds...even if it was only twice

Problems i had:
-I wasnt familiar with my new Glock as my old one and got a lot of penalties because of it
-Because of being unfamiliar i ran out of ammo at the last stage because i had to shoot so much
-I need to swap my sling over to a three point or one point. The one i have on it is too flimsy and VERY hard to transition with at the close range stages
-I was in very poor physical shape for this. I believe i did worse than last year
(runtime + pistol)
-I had a hard time using fine motor skills loading clips because i was tired
-wall wasn't too bad, but the low bridge was a hassle

RO's were great and on their game the whole time

Thank you for hosting this for us Stimps!

Good things
-I was able to shoot my sks more accurately because i re-worked the trigger
-New safariland holster rocked and was easy to draw from
- chestrig setup worked out really well, i should of put my eyepro case in the car because it made my waterbottle really hard to put back in the pouch
-5.11 stryke shorts worked really well holding spent magazines and clips
FN FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 01, 2019, 15:34   #125
Tak
Registered

Very cool you ran with the SKS again (and your buddy with the '74)

Almost like a vintage run & gun approach
Old September 01, 2019, 22:17   #126
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN FNG View Post
Lawd, shotgun hill was murder. I'm super happy i chose to run my sks again, and even happier i was able to connect at 600 yds...even if it was only twice

Problems i had:
-I wasnt familiar with my new Glock as my old one and got a lot of penalties because of it
-Because of being unfamiliar i ran out of ammo at the last stage because i had to shoot so much
-I need to swap my sling over to a three point or one point. The one i have on it is too flimsy and VERY hard to transition with at the close range stages
-I was in very poor physical shape for this. I believe i did worse than last year
(runtime + pistol)
-I had a hard time using fine motor skills loading clips because i was tired
-wall wasn't too bad, but the low bridge was a hassle

RO's were great and on their game the whole time

Thank you for hosting this for us Stimps!

Good things
-I was able to shoot my sks more accurately because i re-worked the trigger
-New safariland holster rocked and was easy to draw from
- chestrig setup worked out really well, i should of put my eyepro case in the car because it made my waterbottle really hard to put back in the pouch
-5.11 stryke shorts worked really well holding spent magazines and clips
Thanks Dusty.

I now consider you guys and your weapons/gear choice part of this match. Heck, I would like to go run with you guys at some other match...there's always Red October!

Old September 02, 2019, 11:23   #127
Eeben
Registered

FALaholic #: 72911
So awesome seeing so many FAL files folks there!
Eeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2019, 09:15   #128
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
It was a fantastic match! Challenging, frustrating, irritating, educational, and finally rewarding. In my limited experience, I've found the faster I question myself for participating plus the frequency in which I do so throughout the course is proportional to the gratification and pride I feel at completion. I was humbled. Again.

Stage 1 was a time press. I liked the transitioning, but I DNF'd. Muzzle control was my focus, and that cost time I'm sure. It's not a trade I'd make to go faster, but maybe I'm just not fast enough to do it safely, period.

Shotgun Hill. F*#@ that hill, and anything that can be seen from it. Burpees suck so much you can't help but appreciate them. I got to RO that stage on Saturday, and it was fun. I was shocked at how many folks said they have never shot a shotgun, or didn't know how they worked. I was also surprised how many folks chose the over-under, only to discover it's not so easy when you don't know how barrel selection works. The reward was hard earned, but very valuable if you could put it together.

Stage 3 was my favorite. The sliding rooftop was a subtle "screw you" to everyone, and the splinter under my fingernail was a bonus! I had a FTE on that one and that cost me, but hitting 600 (repeatably) with irons on a FAL I put together was worth the drive from WI to GA all by itself!

The Box. That box was the pinnacle of my frustrations for the course. It was mean. I cursed it. I cursed Bruce....a lot & often. It sucked, and I DNF'd. But, it showed me where I need to practice with the FAL more to be able to navigate my way through that type of suck.

The primitive weapons throw was a cool addition, and Nuttz's stage was a really good with the shootin' & scootin'.

The only real fly in the ointment for Saturday was log jam the large group of 6 created. Also, and I mention this out of curiosity and not criticism, but why aren't all 10k runners sent out first in the AM before the 5k runners?

I had a great time! Match was very well done, and it's always fun to see my FAL friends again, plus meet some new folks as well. I'm out of time for 2019, but looking forward to 2020 RNG events and working towards sucking a little less by then. Thank you Bruce, and all others that helped put on a great match, with a great prize table too!

ďIím saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about whatís enough. And for Godís sake, think about who you are.Ē - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2019, 21:06   #129
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
It was a fantastic match! Challenging, frustrating, irritating, educational, and finally rewarding. In my limited experience, I've found the faster I question myself for participating plus the frequency in which I do so throughout the course is proportional to the gratification and pride I feel at completion. I was humbled. Again.

Stage 1 was a time press. I liked the transitioning, but I DNF'd. Muzzle control was my focus, and that cost time I'm sure. It's not a trade I'd make to go faster, but maybe I'm just not fast enough to do it safely, period.

Shotgun Hill. F*#@ that hill, and anything that can be seen from it. Burpees suck so much you can't help but appreciate them. I got to RO that stage on Saturday, and it was fun. I was shocked at how many folks said they have never shot a shotgun, or didn't know how they worked. I was also surprised how many folks chose the over-under, only to discover it's not so easy when you don't know how barrel selection works. The reward was hard earned, but very valuable if you could put it together.

Stage 3 was my favorite. The sliding rooftop was a subtle "screw you" to everyone, and the splinter under my fingernail was a bonus! I had a FTE on that one and that cost me, but hitting 600 (repeatably) with irons on a FAL I put together was worth the drive from WI to GA all by itself!

The Box. That box was the pinnacle of my frustrations for the course. It was mean. I cursed it. I cursed Bruce....a lot & often. It sucked, and I DNF'd. But, it showed me where I need to practice with the FAL more to be able to navigate my way through that type of suck.

The primitive weapons throw was a cool addition, and Nuttz's stage was a really good with the shootin' & scootin'.

The only real fly in the ointment for Saturday was log jam the large group of 6 created. Also, and I mention this out of curiosity and not criticism, but why aren't all 10k runners sent out first in the AM before the 5k runners?

I had a great time! Match was very well done, and it's always fun to see my FAL friends again, plus meet some new folks as well. I'm out of time for 2019, but looking forward to 2020 RNG events and working towards sucking a little less by then. Thank you Bruce, and all others that helped put on a great match, with a great prize table too!
Taking lots of good notes here as well...thank you for the feedback.

There will be no more large groups.

If it makes you feel any better I simulated windsprints so often I stopped running for a week and a half.

Old September 06, 2019, 17:55   #130
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

Just as a backup for those here on the Files, this is a link to the DropBox file with the final scores in it. I am very happy with the my results. Run time was better than I thought and my shooting scores have improved but still too many penalties from rushing my shots. Stage 1 I DNF'd like I figured. 20 wind sprints in under 3 minutes was way out of my reach. But I was surprised I got more than half way done before timing out. One dropped shot (penalty) because I put my finger on the trigger before I was ready. Hit target very high out of the scoring area. Stage 3 I DNF'd because I forgot to dial my scope magnification to take the last three shots. Dropped two of them. When I went to engage the pistol target for the makeup, a big dirt clod fell out of my pistol mag well. Spent a lot of time cleaning out the dirt before getting the pistol into action.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z45jc3jtf0...ised.pdf?raw=1

I will be buying me a cheap set of throwing knives at the next gun show. I will be ready stick them things next year instead of dodging the bounce backs.

via GIPHY

Old October 07, 2019, 12:31   #131
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
August 2019 - RBGC Run N Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37jBFf6bAfA
Old October 07, 2019, 22:05   #132
Tak
Registered

Cool vid as always.

Don't take this the wrong way, but seeing an experienced competitor like you fail to make it over the wall without assistance makes me feel better about also need assistance lol