The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2020, 11:44   #501
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
If you're interested, Christian at 'Ice Age Farmer' Youtube channel goes over some interesting developments in the current crisis.
There may be a bit more conspiracy theory here than some of you may like, but only a bit, and it may br true.
Not a bad presentation,,,mostly factual,,,the conclusions drawn,,open to debate.

He wants everyone to grow their own food,,which is a wonderful idea,,,ain't happening though.

To get the remaining folks on earth back to family farms,,would mean,,??? a population decline of 6 billion people world wide????
If my quick math and off the cuff history memory serves me properly,,ie,,taking the worlds population figures back in time,,, to when most folks actually farmed to live.
The farming system evolved to feed the ever increasing cities,,which in turn were developing/producing widgets,,,that people on those farms wanted/demanded,,to live "easier" lives,,,make more food from each available acre,,etc.

Who in the hell really wants to return to,,,horse and buggy days????

All these greenies,,,,,forget,or never learned,,,that life expectancy back in what they see as the golden age,,of small family farms,,,was about 35 yrs.........
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 11:54   #502
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
So, along the same line of thinking, wouldn't the fellas of SAC or the IDF nuclear force (whatever it is called) know the same thing and leave our birds where they sit, or are those types completely reliable tools ready to do as they are told, no matter what country they represent?

Also, because everybody wants a refrigerator and a Gucci handbag we no longer need to be concerned with nukes ever being deployed?
I can assure you from first hand knowledge,,,the ABOVE is a very real concern to the war planners.

As to the second part,,,,well,,,,nukes have been used twice,,2 bombs,,in about a weeks times span,,and nothing since,,,going on 75 years.

Is it ,,,,,,"""because everybody wants a refrigerator and a Gucci handbag we no longer need to be concerned with nukes ever being deployed?"""

I don;t know.

But anyone with an IQ above warm rinse water knows,,,,let them fly today,,,game over,,no one wins a damned thing.

Every single weapon system known to mankind,,has been used since 1945,,,except one,,now why is that??????

Those sub commanders are not dumb,,,they went to school,,they know,,so many modern nukes fired off today,,,results in a decimated planet,,will they add to the misery,,,,,,,,,,,,I pray daily we never find out..........
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 12:00   #503
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
So, along the same line of thinking, wouldn't the fellas of SAC or the IDF nuclear force (whatever it is called) know the same thing and leave our birds where they sit, or are those types completely reliable tools ready to do as they are told, no matter what country they represent?

Also, because everybody wants a refrigerator and a Gucci handbag we no longer need to be concerned with nukes ever being deployed?
Just to add,,,,,,,,,,,,people were very concerned with this above,,,way back in 1959,,actually much earlier than that.

__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 12:04   #504
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 6,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Just to add,,,,,,,,,,,,people were very concerned with this above,,,way back in 1959,,actually much earlier than that.

Yes sir, I'm 65, so I have been aware and concerned for some time now, as well.

Duck and cover!!!!
__________________
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." Robert E. Howard


The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 12:18   #505
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 6,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Not a bad presentation,,,mostly factual,,,the conclusions drawn,,open to debate.

He wants everyone to grow their own food,,which is a wonderful idea,,,ain't happening though.

To get the remaining folks on earth back to family farms,,would mean,,??? a population decline of 6 billion people world wide????
If my quick math and off the cuff history memory serves me properly,,ie,,taking the worlds population figures back in time,,, to when most folks actually farmed to live.
The farming system evolved to feed the ever increasing cities,,which in turn were developing/producing widgets,,,that people on those farms wanted/demanded,,to live "easier" lives,,,make more food from each available acre,,etc.

Who in the hell really wants to return to,,,horse and buggy days????

All these greenies,,,,,forget,or never learned,,,that life expectancy back in what they see as the golden age,,of small family farms,,,was about 35 yrs.........
As I assume you are well aware, as a History major, IIRC, is that there have been cycles to the rise and fall of societies or civilizations for all of recorded history, which is most or all of agricultural history.

You may be aware, or not, that the so called climate deniers (yes, cleverly worded association with another derided brand of 'denier') actually believe that the earths climate is forced by solar activity, not CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere.

What Ice Age Farmer and others are trying to do with their vlogs is to inform and educate as many as possible to the deceptions of the MSM and the globalists.

I don't believe he thinks everyone can or will want to go back to the small family subsistence farm and the horse and buggy, days.
__________________
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." Robert E. Howard


The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 12:29   #506
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,356
And another reason they want to go cashless...

"Cinese banks use ultraviolet light then seal and store the cash for up to 14 days

The banks have been urged to provide new banknotes to customers if possible

Central bank made an emergency issuance of four billion yuan in new notes

China has today started disinfecting and isolating used banknotes in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19) that has killed 1,527 people.

Banks use ultraviolet light or high temperatures to disinfect yuan bills, then they seal and store the cash for seven to 14 days - depending on the severity of the outbreak in a particular region - before recirculating them. The virus, which has infected 66,492 people in China and spread to more than two dozen other countries, has sparked a rush to disinfect public places and minimize contact between people.

SNIP

Some wrote on the Twitter-like Weibo platform that their family members were exhibiting symptoms, but they couldn't get tested because hospitals were at capacity."

(Excerpt) Read more at*dailymail.co.uk*...
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 12:37   #507
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 6,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
And another reason they want to go cashless...

"Cinese banks use ultraviolet light then seal and store the cash for up to 14 days

The banks have been urged to provide new banknotes to customers if possible

Central bank made an emergency issuance of four billion yuan in new notes

China has today started disinfecting and isolating used banknotes in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19) that has killed 1,527 people.

Banks use ultraviolet light or high temperatures to disinfect yuan bills, then they seal and store the cash for seven to 14 days - depending on the severity of the outbreak in a particular region - before recirculating them. The virus, which has infected 66,492 people in China and spread to more than two dozen other countries, has sparked a rush to disinfect public places and minimize contact between people.

SNIP

Some wrote on the Twitter-like Weibo platform that their family members were exhibiting symptoms, but they couldn't get tested because hospitals were at capacity."

(Excerpt) Read more at*dailymail.co.uk*...
I'm wondering why, when economic activity within entire cities is virtually shut down and the quarantine has stopped the cash from circulating why this would be a major concern?

Factual information seems to be under quarantine, also.
__________________
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." Robert E. Howard


The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 12:48   #508
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
As I assume you are well aware, as a History major, IIRC, is that there have been cycles to the rise and fall of societies or civilizations for all of recorded history, which is most or all of agricultural history.

You may be aware, or not, that the so called climate deniers (yes, cleverly worded association with another derided brand of 'denier') actually believe that the earths climate is forced by solar activity, not CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere.

What Ice Age Farmer and others are trying to do with their vlogs is to inform and educate as many as possible to the deceptions of the MSM and the globalists.

I don't believe he thinks everyone can or will want to go back to the small family subsistence farm and the horse and buggy, days.
You and I agree on 99% of this,,thats a given.

As to these crazy billionaires,,them people are capable of anything,,able to buy a white coated lab rat,,develop some bad bug and crazy enough to turn it loose on the worlds populations.

I'm surprised it has not happen yet.

When one man has more money,,,than most nations,,,,just a matter of time,,before one goes nuts.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 13:29   #509
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
You and I agree on 99% of this,,thats a given.

As to these crazy billionaires,,them people are capable of anything,,able to buy a white coated lab rat,,develop some bad bug and crazy enough to turn it loose on the worlds populations.

I'm surprised it has not happen yet.

When one man has more money,,,than most nations,,,,just a matter of time,,before one goes nuts.
Because, of course, history tells us that we don't have to worry about nations going nuts...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 15:50   #510
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Because, of course, history tells us that we don't have to worry about nations going nuts...

Forrest
Well hell,,,last time I checked,,nations are made up of,,wait for it,,,men,,and men with money,, seem to be in charge of them thar nations.

And men who make up nations,,,with rich ones leading them,,do in fact,,cause nations to go nuts.

Ya ever got a pay check from a poor man,,,or saw a nation lead by a poor man????
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 16:06   #511
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Well hell,,,last time I checked,,nations are made up of,,wait for it,,,men,,and men with money,, seem to be in charge of them thar nations.

And men who make up nations,,,with rich ones leading them,,do in fact,,cause nations to go nuts.

Ya ever got a pay check from a poor man,,,or saw a nation lead by a poor man????
Oh I don't know, how much did Jesus have ? and the paycheck I get from him is much better than the money folks chase.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 16:10   #512
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Oh I don't know, how much did Jesus have ? and the paycheck I get from him is much better than the money folks chase.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 18:56   #513
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Well hell,,,last time I checked,,nations are made up of,,wait for it,,,men,,and men with money,, seem to be in charge of them thar nations.

And men who make up nations,,,with rich ones leading them,,do in fact,,cause nations to go nuts.

Ya ever got a pay check from a poor man,,,or saw a nation lead by a poor man????
That was my point, of course...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 00:30   #514
No4MkI
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 15986
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 58
This showed up on my news feed today. Maybe fake, maybe not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNjm...ature=emb_logo
No4MkI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 09:10   #515
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
medicmike's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 3183
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florence, OR
Posts: 6,909
__________________
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker at Lexington Green

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 10:51   #516
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alphaville
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I'd not be one bit surprised,,if the hard core ordered a strike,,,their birds would just remain in their silos. With their crews knowing,,,the result of a strike,, would just make their families die/burn.
Wasn't eliminating that very issue the promise of the movie War Games?
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 11:05   #517
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Wasn't eliminating that very issue the promise of the movie War Games?
I did evals from time to time on people manning those short range sites,,,and it was a huge topic of concern with many people,,,just what would those folks actually do when the orders flew.

I'm glad we never found out.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:07   #518
KoKodog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31665
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on top of a wind swept ridge
Posts: 6,426
OK, now I am convinced that this Wuhan Virus (COVID-19) is a bio-weapon, this had to be engineered based on truths just coming to light


normally, “Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulations activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production.”

but ……

cytokine response, may not be so good when one of the complications of pandemic influenza is cytokine storm.”

And here we have that immune dysfunction also showing up with COVID-19
“In most moribund [dying] patients, 2019-nCoV infection is also associated with a cytokine storm…”

cytokine storm syndrome explains why the 1918 Spanish Flu killed nearly as many young people as it did elderly ones

now add to the fact that this can survive for 10 days on a surface, can spread by contact or airborne and I suspect HVAC systems are spreading it w/in buildings

there is no way this is a completely natural mutation of a natural virus

so is there a “cure” ready which would tell us this was released on purpose …… or if no cure this accidentally got loose

if I were to place a wager this smells like Soros and his globalist friends
__________________
Far better it is to dare mighty things,
than to take refuge with those timid spirits
that know neither victory, nor defeat.
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:43   #519
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
[QUOTE=KoKodog;4842160]OK, now I am convinced that this Wuhan Virus (COVID-19) is a bio-weapon, this had to be engineered based on truths just coming to light


normally, “Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulations activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production.”

but ……

cytokine response, may not be so good when one of the complications of pandemic influenza is cytokine storm.”

And here we have that immune dysfunction also showing up with COVID-19
“In most moribund [dying] patients, 2019-nCoV infection is also associated with a cytokine storm…”

cytokine storm syndrome explains why the 1918 Spanish Flu killed nearly as many young people as it did elderly ones

now add to the fact that this can survive for 10 days on a surface, can spread by contact or airborne and I suspect HVAC systems are spreading it w/in buildings

there is no way this is a completely natural mutation of a natural virus

so is there a “cure” ready which would tell us this was released on purpose …… or if no cure this accidentally got loose

if I were to place a wager this smells like Soros and his globalist friends[/QUOTE]







Most likely,,,plan old stupidity,,,children playing with matches,,,China not ready to handle this deadly stuff.

Saw this yesterday;

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/fou...nd-unthinkable

And this today;

Likely,,some white lab coat,,did not follow proper procedures,,then walked out the front door with it on his clothing/hands.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/smo...boratory-wuhan
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 19:13   #520
KoKodog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31665
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on top of a wind swept ridge
Posts: 6,426
forgot to add this, this just keeps getting better by the minute



Quote:
ACE2 (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 2) has been shown to be one of the major receptors that mediate
the entry of 2019-nCoV into human cells, which also happens in severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS). Several researches have indicated that some patients have abnormal renal function or even kidney damage in addition to injury in respiratory system, and the related mechanism is unknown. This arouses our interest in whether coronavirus infection will affect the urinary and male reproductive systems. Here in this study, we used the online datasets to analyze ACE2 expression in different human organs. The results indicate that ACE2 highly expresses in renal tubular cells, Leydig cells and cells in seminiferous ducts in testis. Therefore, virus might directly bind to such ACE2 positive cells and damage the kidney and testicular tissue of patients. Our results indicate that renal function evaluation and special care should be performed in 2019-nCoV patients during clinical work, because of the kidney damage caused by virus and antiviral drugs with certain renal toxicity. In addition, due to the potential pathogenicity of the virus to testicular tissues, clinicians should pay attention to the risk of testicular lesions in patients during hospitalization and later clinical follow-up, especially the assessment and appropriate intervention in young patients’ fertility
__________________
Far better it is to dare mighty things,
than to take refuge with those timid spirits
that know neither victory, nor defeat.
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 21:34   #521
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,960
Picked up more supplies yesterday.
Got this stuff at TSC store...
https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...sanitizer.html
1 ounce makes a 4 gallon wash mix. Even that might be on the strong side.
My friend's wife works at my dentist's office. She is telling me they are experiencing difficulty obtaining face masks. Can still get enough gloves. She is concerned.
Saw this earlier. It wouldn't surprise me.
https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...onavirus-cases
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 12:54   #522
allamerican401
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77335
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Braidwood, IL
Posts: 97
I wonder how these compare to military gas masks with the filter selection and other cartridges or battery adapters for different applications. They might actually have the mil contract.. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_NG/company-...3263318&rt=rud
These aren't rising as high in price as the n95 masks, but if you're going that far, these protect the eyes which are an easy entry point. If it actually gets bad enough, wouldn't being a social pariah or "weirdo" be the only downside? N95 masks or other nose covering respirators are almost useless if there is easy eye access for the virus to enter. At least safety glasses would be a necessary edition to combat virus entry.
And, on a side note, I totally agree on the "climate deniers" comments. The nearly "healed" ozone layer that traps "greenhouse gasses" adds heat, solar activity, still unknown cosmic ray effect, ice sheet dynamics, natural ice age cycles, urbanization of some weather station areas, unexplained actual recorded temps changed in order to meet expected temps, climategate...
allamerican401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 15:50   #523
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,960
That is a very good unit. Wish I had a couple three...four...
Even the half-face probably would work better than the disposable paper,just because they get a better seal around the face. Add decent eye cover,you're pretty good.
They're crunching the numbers as we speak....
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...ect-44-million

"Los Alamos Experts Warn Covid-19 "Almost Certainly Cannot Be Contained", Project Up To 4.4 Million Dead "
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 16:29   #524
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,977
As a partial aside, if you have a beard you might want to rethink that...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 17:24   #525
allamerican401
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77335
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Braidwood, IL
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
That is a very good unit. Wish I had a couple three...four...
Even the half-face probably would work better than the disposable paper,just because they get a better seal around the face. Add decent eye cover,you're pretty good.
They're crunching the numbers as we speak....
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...ect-44-million

"Los Alamos Experts Warn Covid-19 "Almost Certainly Cannot Be Contained", Project Up To 4.4 Million Dead "
I will shave my beard if it comes to it, but I currently enjoy not having to shave or get haircuts.. I might lose my power like Samson! Lol..
The half masks are near useless alone. Your eyes need equal protection in any situation with airborne virus or bacteria. This isn't a gas, like gas mask uses, and has already been said to be capable of eye entry. N95 masks and safety glasses will help, but so will regular dust masks at that point. We're talking likelyhood percentages at this point. Seems to me that a respirator of any kind without equal eye coverage isn't preventing, just lessening chances. Also, surgical n95 masks aren't primarily there for the user, but for the patients
allamerican401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 17:33   #526
allamerican401
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77335
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Braidwood, IL
Posts: 97
And it's also correct about the n95 sealing. My older buddy (old friends prepper dad that I hang out with more than him) worked at a chemical plant. The n95 masks work as well as n95 half mask equipped respirators. They trained them on fitment with banana oil. You fit it, lift it up, pinch the nose tighter, and have the straps crossed between top & bottom. If you smell bananas after that, you're breathing chemicals in. Figured the fitment procedure might help some and also shows how effective those masks are, despite my previous comments
allamerican401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 17:23   #527
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alphaville
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Most likely,,,plan old stupidity,,,children playing with matches,,,China not ready to handle this deadly stuff.

Saw this yesterday;

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/fou...nd-unthinkable

And this today;

Likely,,some white lab coat,,did not follow proper procedures,,then walked out the front door with it on his clothing/hands.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/smo...boratory-wuhan
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 13:16   #528
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Portable incinerators being moved to Wuwan,,,this ain't good.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...wuhan-21529067
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 15:26   #529
KoKodog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31665
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on top of a wind swept ridge
Posts: 6,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Portable incinerators being moved to Wuwan,,,this ain't good.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...wuhan-21529067

yeah, that helps account for the highly elevated levels of sulphur dioxide

ya think 14,000 burned bodies is a bit much ? or just a start ?
__________________
Far better it is to dare mighty things,
than to take refuge with those timid spirits
that know neither victory, nor defeat.
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 16:13   #530
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
yeah, that helps account for the highly elevated levels of sulphur dioxide

ya think 14,000 burned bodies is a bit much ? or just a start ?
This is in addition to what they already had on hand and working around the clock,,,those sat pictures from week or 10 days ago showing the effects of burning human bodies.

Reports they locked down/welded shut even,,,the entry and exit points of those gigantic housing blocks,,,people without the bug,,will soon be starving to death.

Shove 11 million people into a very small area,,,,not a good thing..........

Now,,,besides the pig and chicken virus outbreaks killing off their major protein sources,,,,seems the locusts are sweeping through their farm fields.

Read where they were moving millions of ducks ??? to eat the invading locusts.

China can't catch a break.........
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 01:04   #531
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,960
I had read the Chinese were beating every dog in town to death,so there are likely lots of carcasses about. They also have to do something with all the medical trash created by this episode. Can't bury it or leaving it laying about. Burn it as close to point of origin is the best bet.
I heard tonight that Viet Nam is no longer guarding its border with China,and thousands of Chinese are streaming in.
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 03:04   #532
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
I had read the Chinese were beating every dog in town to death,so there are likely lots of carcasses about. They also have to do something with all the medical trash created by this episode. Can't bury it or leaving it laying about. Burn it as close to point of origin is the best bet.
I heard tonight that Viet Nam is no longer guarding its border with China,and thousands of Chinese are streaming in.
Get rid of the dogs and cats,,,come the rats,,and when the rats come,,plague is never far behind.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 06:23   #533
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alphaville
Posts: 3,336
Why am I not hearing about how Trump's economic sanctions are the real source of all the Chinese maladies?

Or white gun owning Americans? (word order and lack of commas intentional)

Or climate change (Greta, where are you?) caused completely and uniquely by the same group as before?

Or, how about everyone's favourite: Jews? Jews secretly flew over China in their six sided spaceships and parachuted ninja pigs infected with a virus whose recipe is written on page 64 of the Torah just below how to grow meter-long payot in a week or your money back?
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC

Last edited by raubvogel; February 20, 2020 at 06:31.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 07:35   #534
sharkey
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77489
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 411
Very Scary.

The Gold Spot price this morning is $1617.00 per Oz.

I believe this whole thing to be deliberate. I just feel it in my bones.

Every time Trump goes on tv and opens his mouth about winning, guys like George Soros and Barack Obama cringe. Everything that the enemy diligently planned, paid for, set up and worked toward has failed. Consider the timing of this latest event, for the last 3 years the enemy has tried to remove Trump from office. Between Christmas and New Years, when the RATS knew that they had lost again (Impeachment), out comes CoVid19. Sorry your girl lost, ha ha.

If the spread of disease cannot be contained and continues to spread beyond the first quarter of 2020, China's agriculture base may fail causing massive starvation. Even with our modern farming methods combined with Europe, Canada and South America combined, we cannot save them - even with what is in the bank in *storage* from last season. Furthermore, animal feed and animal ranching husbandry production may fully collapse on a global basis from the demand for meat.

Would this be enough to start a war? Would it be enough for the Chinese to issue an ultimatum? Provide us with food or suffer a nuclear strike?

I believe in God, but it looks like dark days ahead...
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 11:54   #535
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Why am I not hearing about how Trump's economic sanctions are the real source of all the Chinese maladies?

Or white gun owning Americans? (word order and lack of commas intentional)

Or climate change (Greta, where are you?) caused completely and uniquely by the same group as before?

Or, how about everyone's favourite: Jews? Jews secretly flew over China in their six sided spaceships and parachuted ninja pigs infected with a virus whose recipe is written on page 64 of the Torah just below how to grow meter-long payot in a week or your money back?
Been warning you folks about them thar pigs for ages now,,,,would ya listen,,oh hell no???
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 12:07   #536
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
Very Scary.

The Gold Spot price this morning is $1617.00 per Oz.

I believe this whole thing to be deliberate. I just feel it in my bones.

Every time Trump goes on tv and opens his mouth about winning, guys like George Soros and Barack Obama cringe. Everything that the enemy diligently planned, paid for, set up and worked toward has failed. Consider the timing of this latest event, for the last 3 years the enemy has tried to remove Trump from office. Between Christmas and New Years, when the RATS knew that they had lost again (Impeachment), out comes CoVid19. Sorry your girl lost, ha ha.

If the spread of disease cannot be contained and continues to spread beyond the first quarter of 2020, China's agriculture base may fail causing massive starvation. Even with our modern farming methods combined with Europe, Canada and South America combined, we cannot save them - even with what is in the bank in *storage* from last season. Furthermore, animal feed and animal ranching husbandry production may fully collapse on a global basis from the demand for meat.

Would this be enough to start a war? Would it be enough for the Chinese to issue an ultimatum? Provide us with food or suffer a nuclear strike?

I believe in God, but it looks like dark days ahead...
For China to issue such a warning/threat,,,,,one must assume that's China's military/nukes are in far better shape than their proven lack of ability to provide even basic field standard medical care for their own sick people,,,or put into place,,standards to prevent the loss of 2/3rds of their protein sources,,,pigs and chickens,,and on and on.

China shares a long border with Russia,,India is next door,,,Pakis,,all nuclear armed,,,,,,,,China acts out,,,,China is facing not just the USA,,,,but everyone next door to them.

China can't feed their own population,,,,,,China is not a huge threat,,except and unless people believe China's own hype.

Hungry/starving people,,,hang their communist leaders............................
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 13:35   #537
Zimm
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 76302
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Palmetto Florida
Posts: 261
Kinda hard to hang the communist leaders when they are all in a bunker and your getting a deadly virus.
Might be the real reason it hasn't killed a lot of people outside China .they simply released a mild version of it outside their country while using the rel one on their own to eleminate opposition .
As gun owners ,we should be watching our opposition in case they try it on us
Zimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 13:49   #538
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimm View Post
Kinda hard to hang the communist leaders when they are all in a bunker and your getting a deadly virus.
Might be the real reason it hasn't killed a lot of people outside China .they simply released a mild version of it outside their country while using the rel one on their own to eleminate opposition .
As gun owners ,we should be watching our opposition in case they try it on us
Even using the worst case numbers some people are putting out,,,China has over a billion people,,most all of them,,,not infected,,not expected to die,,even if infected.

Starving people,,,find a way,,,leaders hiding in bunkers,,,have to give orders to soldiers outside their bunkers,,,and soldiers all have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,starving families??????

This virus may turn bad,,,,,but so far,,,,,still not something to lock down the homestead and ride out.

A handful of deaths outside China,,,and most were elderly people,,,news flash,,,us older folks die all the time,,,knocked down immune systems,,,existing problems,,lungs,liver, hearts,,,does not take much to kill us off.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 13:56   #539
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
For China to issue such a warning/threat,,,,,one must assume that's China's military/nukes are in far better shape than their proven lack of ability to provide even basic field standard medical care for their own sick people,,,or put into place,,standards to prevent the loss of 2/3rds of their protein sources,,,pigs and chickens,,and on and on.

China shares a long border with Russia,,India is next door,,,Pakis,,all nuclear armed,,,,,,,,China acts out,,,,China is facing not just the USA,,,,but everyone next door to them.

China can't feed their own population,,,,,,China is not a huge threat,,except and unless people believe China's own hype.

Hungry/starving people,,,hang their communist leaders............................
Dream on if you think that this it true...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 14:09   #540
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Dream on if you think that this it true...

Forrest
Prove me wrong.

All of us heard the exact same shit about the USSR,,,when they fell apart,,,we learned their shit simply did not work,,was not maintained,,troops piss poor trained,,leadership sucked.

Who says China is this huge ass power,,,China,,,and people making money off China like our politicians,,either directly or,,making millions off making more weapons to "defend" us from China,,,a country that can't even feed,,,much less more their massive army.

China military vs USA military spending

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ary-budget.asp
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 20:30   #541
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,960
If China wanted to,and didn't use the retarded human wave tactics like they used in Korea,they could be a pretty serious pain in the ass,at least to anybody close to them. And there's lots of people close to them.
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 12:33   #542
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 39460
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: AzTex
Posts: 2,159
Looks like it's ready to move through SKorea.
On Drudge..Im sure they'll self qt. Anybody have
Family/contacts on the bases there for a report?
Gary Harwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 13:13   #543
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 15514
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,914
More on the spread mechanics. I haven't bought into the pandemic thing yet but this is a good simulation. The thing I really worry about, again this is late in the season. Within 6 weeks in will die down. Then next fall. Wham, the new version and a full six months to spread.
This from the Epoch times:
Exclusive: Thousands in Coronavirus Epicenter Have Violated Quarantine, Traveled to Other Cities
BY NICOLE HAO
February 20, 2020 Upd
In an attempt to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus, officials in Wuhan, the central Chinese city where the outbreak started, banned all transportation and vehicle traffic on Jan. 23, and two days later, the province of Hubei, where Wuhan is the capital, announced a lockdown.
But internal government documents seen by the Chinese-language Epoch Times indicate that roughly 25,000 people per day have found ways to leave Wuhan.
The documents are copies of recent daily reports by the Hubei Communications Administration, a government agency, which had been submitted to an office in the Hubei government that was created to deal with the coronavirus outbreak.
The agency monitored and recorded all Hubei residents’ cellphone geolocation positions, using the data to tally the number of those who had stayed in Wuhan for more than 24 hours before leaving the confines of the city. These people have not returned to Wuhan.
The data was gathered from the three telecom carriers that operate in Wuhan: China Telecom, China Mobile, and China Unicom.
As the data only includes people who stayed for more than 24 hours in Wuhan, it’s likely that they are local residents, as opposed to drivers or other personnel who only stay in the city long enough to transport or deliver goods.
The cellphone data showed that on Feb. 18, 22,936 people left Wuhan and 92,110 people exited Hubei; the next day, the numbers rose, in Wuhan to 23,316 people and to a total of 93,814 for all of Hubei Province.
The number of people who left Wuhan from Feb. 4 to Feb. 19 was 130,519, while 433,340 people left Hubei in the same time frame.
Most Wuhan residents went to nearby cities within Hubei Province. Others have traveled to 30 other provinces and directly governed municipalities across the country—as far away as Tibet.
The data roughly matches the destinations of 5 million Wuhanese who left the city before the city was locked down on Jan. 23, and likely spread the disease across the country.
Lockdown
When Wuhan was locked down, all flights, as well as train, ferry, and bus services were stopped. All of the highways were blocked.
But three types of vehicles still can enter and leave the city via highways: trucks that carry medical supplies; trucks that transport goods for basic living needs; and vehicles for municipal needs, such as transporting water, electricity, gas, and other necessities, according to state-run media Xinhua.
To enter and leave the city, vehicle owners must apply for an “epidemic prevention and control pass” from the Wuhan police’s traffic management bureau. The pass is for one-time use.
For vehicles from other cities, police at highway entrance checkpoints issue the passes to drivers after confirming that the vehicles are carrying goods belonging to the three categories. At exit checkpoints, police will check the driver’s body temperature; if normal, drivers are allowed to pass.
Several drivers who transport medical or food materials told the Chinese-language Epoch Times that they can move in and out of the city after applying for a “dedicated pass” from the Wuhan Red Cross and a certification document from designated virus treatment hospitals.
Escaping
Even amid such restrictions, people have managed to leave.
U.S.-based China affairs commentator Tang Jingyuan says many people are afraid of becoming infected and are in search of someplace safer.
“The Wuhan government locked down the city and forced healthy people to live together with infected people in town. … Also, food supply is a big problem in the city right now. So the healthy people want to escape as soon as possible,” Tang said.
Several local governments have recently donated rice to Hubei, while several Wuhan hospitals have requested food donations on social media.
“At the same time, the infected people can’t receive proper treatment, no matter in a hospital or at a quarantine center. They want to be saved and want to leave the city as well,” Tang said.
Many Wuhan residents who have fallen ill say hospitals have turned them away because of a lack of beds.
Officials in Wuhan have also mandated that people with mild or moderate symptoms of the virus—but no confirmed diagnosis—be moved to quarantine centers and makeshift hospitals. Several patients said there’s little to no medical treatment at these centers. They also fear cross-infection.
“If they are quarantined with infected people, they believe that they would be infected immediately. They want to leave Wuhan as well,” Tang told The Epoch Times.
He thinks people could have escaped illicitly.
“In China, if you have a good relationship with senior officials, you … get special privileges and you don’t need to follow the rules. You’ll have a higher chance of leaving the city,” Tang said.
He said he was concerned that some of those who escaped may have been infected with the virus and carried it to other parts of the country.
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 13:28   #544
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alphaville
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
All of us heard the exact same shit about the USSR,,,when they fell apart,,,we learned their shit simply did not work,,was not maintained,,troops piss poor trained,,leadership sucked.
I think a lot of people here knew the USSR was running on fumes, but painting them as this megasuperduper power with more weapons and armies than the Free World combined x10 helped loose a lot of checkbooks. I know someone who made good money researching the effect of a nuclear reactor meltdown in Cuba on US soil. The joke is there were no nuclear reactors in Cuba, but who cares?

Here is something from a book called "War in Peace" from the 80s; found and bought it couple of years ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missile_gap-sm.jpg (127.3 KB, 9 views)
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC

Last edited by raubvogel; February 21, 2020 at 14:41. Reason: Scale pict down
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 15:40   #545
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,960
...there's gonna be a shit-ton of estate sales coming up....
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 15:53   #546
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,977
I always like how people who know little about China's military 'modernization' these past two decades have so much to say about how they are no threat (especially if/as the country collapses).

But whatever...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 17:58   #547
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
I always like how people who know little about China's military 'modernization' these past two decades have so much to say about how they are no threat (especially if/as the country collapses).

But whatever...

Forrest
You are correct,,,,I have not been in the bowels of the Chinese military recently,,

Reading what they "claim" to have spent,,,vs what we know the USA has spent,,and knowing full well what we're capable of,,,what the USSR with their similar system claimed, and then what reality on the ground proved once they fell,,,pardon me,,,while I'm not overly excited about their wild ass claims to being this all powerful juggernaut of military might,,,since they can't seem to feed their people or take care of a virus outbreak by even somewhat modern standards.

As for some,,,oh G-d,,,they'd fling nukes all over the planet,,,vs going down economically and then rebuilding,,,,advances that one of the longest running and oldest societies in the world,,,,would rather commit national suicide,,,vs taking a hit and rebuilding their country and economy.

And also dismisses,,thousands of years of history,,,Chinese history,,,where they look at history,,in terms of thousands of years vs next week or next year.

But,,,,,you go ahead and look upon China as some great military power with a death wish,,,even though nothing supports that,,,except for paranoia and fear mongering.

To believe,,,that China would fling nukes,,start a war,,because their economy takes a major hit,,,begs to ask,,what pray tell would they gain,,,,from destroying their trading partners,,they would require to rebuild their economy???

China just dropped tariffs they have imposed,,,on countless billions of dollars worth of good they NEED to get through this mess,,,,by time its all over,,,they will be dropping all tariffs,,and begging for help worldwide.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 18:11   #548
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
I think a lot of people here knew the USSR was running on fumes, but painting them as this megasuperduper power with more weapons and armies than the Free World combined x10 helped loose a lot of checkbooks. I know someone who made good money researching the effect of a nuclear reactor meltdown in Cuba on US soil. The joke is there were no nuclear reactors in Cuba, but who cares?

Here is something from a book called "War in Peace" from the 80s; found and bought it couple of years ago
The above,,,,is what folks have been doing with China now for ages.

The free world,,, needs a boogeyman,,,when the USSR fell,,,that title slipped over to China,,,or even NK.

I watched hundreds of Chinese military medical people marching into the affected areas.
Most folks,,looked at this and were impressed.
What I saw,,,,,was all brand new uniforms and boots,,,,,meaning,,,they dug out all new stuff to make an impression for the TV cameras/news reports.
This display,,,was all for "show".

China has several "faces",,,real and show.

The rare glimpses of the real China we see,,,not very impressive.............
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 19:28   #549
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,977
The Soviet Union never had an economy that came anywhere near most 'western' nations, including the US, Germany, the UK, Japan and on and on...

China, at least yesterday before Covid19, had the second (or first, depending on the measurement rubric) largest economy in the world. Pretty much everything we use here is made in China.

The Chinese have been scrambling to upgrade (and increase) their strategic nuclear forces, and have made great strides in doing so...

The budget figures across nations on military speanding are completely bogus because they tell you nothing about what the money is being spent on (I'm guessing that the Chinese figures (figures you can trust just as much as their Covid19 figures, I'm sure) probably don't include sex-change operations and trans counseling costs like here (OK, so somewhat nonsensical, but only somewhat)).

While many here have been happy squandering our resources on bombing goat headers and creating new enemies, the Chinese have been much more directed in how they spend their money...

But continue on thinking that we're the best...

I'm sure that'll work out well for us in the future...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 20:49   #550
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
The Soviet Union never had an economy that came anywhere near most 'western' nations, including the US, Germany, the UK, Japan and on and on...

China, at least yesterday before Covid19, had the second (or first, depending on the measurement rubric) largest economy in the world. Pretty much everything we use here is made in China.

The Chinese have been scrambling to upgrade (and increase) their strategic nuclear forces, and have made great strides in doing so...

The budget figures across nations on military speanding are completely bogus because they tell you nothing about what the money is being spent on (I'm guessing that the Chinese figures (figures you can trust just as much as their Covid19 figures, I'm sure) probably don't include sex-change operations and trans counseling costs like here (OK, so somewhat nonsensical, but only somewhat)).

While many here have been happy squandering our resources on bombing goat headers and creating new enemies, the Chinese have been much more directed in how they spend their money...

But continue on thinking that we're the best...

I'm sure that'll work out well for us in the future...

Forrest
China has 1.4 billion people,,,of course they will have a huge ass economy share in damn near everything.
Let me purchase Coke-Cola shares/stock tomorrow,,then have Xi order every Chinese man, woman and child to buy a single Coke on Monday,,I'll retire again by Tuesday.

But,,,none of that,,goes to their vaulted military forces so many people seemed terrified about.

As for your comments about our military,,,I'll offer this;
If the USSR/China/EU/ anyone or any country,,or any group of countries could defeat the US military,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would have been done already.

It has not happened yet,,,because none of them combined can pull it off.

When they believe they can pull it off,,,,duck and cover.............
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files