The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > CZ Firearms - Czech it out!

Notices

Old December 17, 2019, 09:07   #1
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
SP-01 LOK Grips

Just added some palm swell Crosscut LOK Grips to the 75 SP-01

Here is little brother with LOK Grips palm swell Ridgebacks.

Ron W.
sportsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2019, 14:49   #2
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
While green is not my favorite color, I have to say that those green grips make a striking presentation. Wouldn't be afraid to put a set of the salt and pepper grips, but with the green one's pattern, on my own weapon. Great look on both pieces.
Uriah Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2019, 15:05   #3
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

The crosscut model have a pretty mellow texture. The Green Ridgebacks are pretty aggressive. They also make the "Bogie" which is really aggressive.https://lokgrips.com/cz-gun-grips/

Ron W.
Old December 17, 2019, 21:04   #4
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
I have a set of palm swell "Bogies" on my 75B. I really liked the rubber factory grips but once I installed the LOK grips, it was a game changer. Aggressive but not uncomfortable. Palm swell makes them fit my hands perfectly. I only wish I could put a pair on my Phantom.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2019, 08:01   #5
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
I have a set of palm swell "Bogies" on my 75B. I really liked the rubber factory grips but once I installed the LOK grips, it was a game changer. Aggressive but not uncomfortable. Palm swell makes them fit my hands perfectly. I only wish I could put a pair on my Phantom.

I agree about the factory rubber grips being pretty darn nice. I will head to the range today to give her a run with the new palm swell LOK's today.

Ron W.
Old December 21, 2019, 18:58   #6
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Factory rubber is pretty nice.

Which Ron knows all about.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2019, 23:31   #7
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Factory rubber is pretty nice.

Which Ron knows all about.
You know it! Cmon!!

Ron W.
Old December 24, 2019, 01:09   #8
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
LOK grips on the CZ are the sh!t! You will dig them!

T
Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2019, 08:43   #9
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2 View Post
LOK grips on the CZ are the sh!t! You will dig them!

T
I followed your advice!

Ron W.
Old January 20, 2020, 18:11   #10
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Talk to me on these grips. What's the benefit? Do I need them on my 75D Compact?

“Anyone who doesn’t think the Welfare Industrial Complex is trying to increase dependency isn’t paying attention.” - Howie Carr
ExCdnSoldierInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2020, 22:27   #11
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post
Talk to me on these grips. What's the benefit? Do I need them on my 75D Compact?
If you love the factory rubbers and you don't carry your Compact, then prolly not. If you love your factory rubbers and you do carry your compact, you may find that the reduced grip thickness and "lack of tack" of the LOK grips (or VZ, or similar G2 material) a real benefit without compromising any real traction. Shirt materials don't tend to "stick" to the G2 like they do to rubber, IMO.

I really like the factory CZ rubbers. But I have LOKs on a PCR and VZs on a 75B and I won't go back to the rubbers. The thinner profile is the biggest plus for me, but I also really like the no-nonsense traction that G2 material provides. That and you can get a custom look, which is always a plus. The downside is the cost, which isn't insignificant, but was quickly forgotten for me.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2020, 12:50   #12
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
If you love the factory rubbers and you don't carry your Compact, then prolly not. If you love your factory rubbers and you do carry your compact, you may find that the reduced grip thickness and "lack of tack" of the LOK grips (or VZ, or similar G2 material) a real benefit without compromising any real traction. Shirt materials don't tend to "stick" to the G2 like they do to rubber, IMO.

I really like the factory CZ rubbers. But I have LOKs on a PCR and VZs on a 75B and I won't go back to the rubbers. The thinner profile is the biggest plus for me, but I also really like the no-nonsense traction that G2 material provides. That and you can get a custom look, which is always a plus. The downside is the cost, which isn't insignificant, but was quickly forgotten for me.
Great answer. The biggest pluses for me were the thin grip Bogie models. Vastly shorter reach to the double action trigger pull. Amazing “grippiness” of the high texture G10 that will not catch on clothes like the rubber grips.

https://lokgrips.com/cz-gun-grips/cz-75/thin/bogies

For $60 you really can’t go wrong. I have paid well over $100 for stipple jobs on custom competition guns. You will shoot better if you maintain a proper grip.

T
Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2020, 13:05   #13
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
You just made me realize I mistakenly labeled G10 grips material as “G2”. Sorry for the mistake in my post, G10 it is!

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2020, 23:06   #14
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post
It depends. I put a set of the palm swell Bogies on my 75B and the world changed for me. It was wearing the OEM rubber panels which I really liked. But the LOK's were completely different in how the pistol felt in my hand. Plenty of grip surface, just the right amount of texture, and the addition of the palm swell made it feel just right. On the shooting side, I felt I had more control during firing than the sticky rubber panels; the pistol never once shifted in my hand, and the grip for the draw always seemed the same.

I still have the rubber panels on my 75D Compact. They are on because this is my carry pistol and the rubber works well under all conditions - cold, wet, sweaty, gloves, you name it. While I think the LOK's would only improve the performance of the pistol under those conditions, I have carried the Compact for several years and am accustomed to the rubber. I don't want to change my regimen to adapt to the new grips. But I might put a set of LOK's on in the future.......

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote