Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old October 09, 2019, 12:21   #1
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
Another win for Trump

Won't see this in the MSM, nor likely see j report on it, he only reports negative stories on the country he hates so much and won't leave.

Trump still undoing EOs from obozo that gave away all kinds of security in our ports to communist countries like China.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/corrup...unist-control/

--------------------------
Under a long-term deal sealed by the Obama administration, a Chinese Communist company was set to control the second-busiest container port in the United States. In an unreported Trump administration victory, the Communists are out after a drawn-out national security review forced a unit of China-based COSCO Shipping Holdings Co. (Orient Overseas Container Line—OOCL) to sell the cherished container terminal business, which handles among the largest freight of imports into the U.S.

It all started with a 40-year container terminal lease between the Port of Long Beach in southern California and Hong Kong. The Obama administration proudly signed the agreement in 2012 giving China control of America’s second-largest container port behind the nearby Port of Los Angeles. One of the Trump administration’s first big moves was to get the Communists out of the Port of Long Beach. After a national security review and federal intervention, the Long Beach terminal business, which handles millions of containers annually, is finally being sold to an Australian company called Macquarie Infrastructure Partners. That essentially kills China’s decades-long contract with the Obama administration.
Old October 09, 2019, 12:26   #2
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Obama may have to skedaddle to China or Canada or Iran.

He is the big poison. He tried to destroy the US economy and sovereignty. Trump is also stopping China from buying more land on CONUS.

It is a war right now, that is boiling due to cash flows out of china, killing them.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 12:29   #3
russian_bot_5791
Registered

FALaholic #: 82764
Is very funny how Amerikans are not seeing their decline and rise of China. In 30 years dollar is probably replaced by Yuan. Amerika is right now in late stage collapse like Soviet Union in 1989 or Roman Empire. China is replacing you on world stage and Trump will not be stopping this.
russian_bot_5791 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 12:31   #4
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Fatima, you pos, GET LOST!!!
Old October 09, 2019, 13:40   #5
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
Is very funny how Amerikans are not seeing their decline and rise of China. In 30 years dollar is probably replaced by Yuan. Amerika is right now in late stage collapse like Soviet Union in 1989 or Roman Empire. China is replacing you on world stage and Trump will not be stopping this.
Not in 30, not in 300 years. Not this yuan anyway, even the chinese are dumping it for .. wait for it .. HK and US dollars.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 15:00   #6
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
In 30 years,China might be a desert wasteland. Or it might be underwater. In any event,I ain't taking Yuans for payment. Hell,there might not be currency in physical form in 30 years. Like Star Trek....
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 15:06   #7
7.62FMJ
Registered

FALaholic #: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Not in 30, not in 300 years. Not this yuan anyway, even the chinese are dumping it for .. wait for it .. HK and US dollars.
From what I'm seeing on the financial markets the Fed is issuing cash to keep the banks propped up and Trump is pushing to lower interest rates which will lower the value of the dollar in competition with the yuan. If we lower interest rates any further we will be paying the banks to take money from the Fed. We are now racing to the bottom and are facing a very real scenario where the middle class could likely be wiped out entirely within the next year. The country may survive, we would beat China but the cost is going to be huge. I don't think anyone is even really discussing it, we are now in uncharted waters, issuing a $100B a day to the banks just to keep them from shutting down.
7.62FMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 15:46   #8
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62FMJ View Post
From what I'm seeing on the financial markets the Fed is issuing cash to keep the banks propped up and Trump is pushing to lower interest rates which will lower the value of the dollar in competition with the yuan. If we lower interest rates any further we will be paying the banks to take money from the Fed. We are now racing to the bottom and are facing a very real scenario where the middle class could likely be wiped out entirely within the next year. The country may survive, we would beat China but the cost is going to be huge. I don't think anyone is even really discussing it, we are now in uncharted waters, issuing a $100B a day to the banks just to keep them from shutting down.
Optics are the reality and when it comes to appearances it's all who you're standing next to. Trump appears to know this.

The reason the dollar is high against the yuan is people want dollars, not yuan. Not exactly a marker of a currency on the cusp of failure. Yes it's a game of chicken, always has been. Low currency value encourages investment and brings wealth in. High currency value drives it out, but again it's all about what the alternatives are.

This is the great game. The trick is to provide enough liquidity to keep your currency competitive. Not so little that your currency becomes noncompetitive and drives out new business, not so much that it drowns in it's own blood during the next slowdown.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 16:44   #9
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
In 30 years,China might be a desert wasteland. Or it might be underwater. In any event,I ain't taking Yuans for payment. Hell,there might not be currency in physical form in 30 years. Like Star Trek....
There is always the quatloo
Old October 09, 2019, 16:55   #10
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Anyone that pisses off this country,,,,,,,,hehehehehe,,,,,,,,does so at their own peril..............

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 17:07   #11
russian_bot_5791
Registered

China is owning America. I can understand American need to cope with being swept from #1 spot on world stage but the sun is setting on Amerika. Everyone is knowing this except Americans. I am thinking they are knowing but cannot face reality.
Old October 09, 2019, 17:11   #12
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
China is owning America. I can understand American need to cope with being swept from #1 spot on world stage but the sun is setting on Amerika. Everyone is knowing this except Americans. I am thinking they are knowing but cannot face reality.
We don't need you here. We already have juanni. Your ass is about to get the ban hammer Igor.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 18:01   #13
russian_bot_5791
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
We don't need you here. We already have juanni. Your ass is about to get the ban hammer Igor.
Ban me and America will be returning to post WWII peace, prosperity, and power. This will stop American decline.

I make joke hahaha!
Old October 09, 2019, 19:41   #14
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62FMJ View Post
So for the past 10 years interest rates were 0%......they pretty well already wiped the savings of most elderly Americans out by forcing them to spend principal to pay bills....

So here is the actual story about interbank overnight float.....

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...sales-15116925

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 21:17   #15
STG_58_guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Optics are the reality and when it comes to appearances it's all who you're standing next to. Trump appears to know this.

The reason the dollar is high against the yuan is people want dollars, not yuan. Not exactly a marker of a currency on the cusp of failure. Yes it's a game of chicken, always has been. Low currency value encourages investment and brings wealth in. High currency value drives it out, but again it's all about what the alternatives are.

This is the great game. The trick is to provide enough liquidity to keep your currency competitive. Not so little that your currency becomes noncompetitive and drives out new business, not so much that it drowns in it's own blood during the next slowdown.
That's my read.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 21:20   #16
STG_58_guy
Registered

Quote:
Good luck competing with free people in a free market if you aren't. I know we aren't exactly that but we are the closest thing on the planet.
Old October 09, 2019, 21:26   #17
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Bread, circuses and war spell the end of empires. Trump or no Trump we will be no different.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2019, 21:31   #18
STG_58_guy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
Bread, circuses and war spell the end of empires. Trump or no Trump we will be no different.
We are not an empire. We are the only place on earth where individual freedom is encoded by law. The rest of the world's elite has been fighting that idea since we came up with it. Don't give up. Water the tree, if it needs waterin'. Your ancestors did.
Old October 10, 2019, 00:47   #19
emcroy
Registered

FALaholic #: 33420
Quote:
Really, you think, is your shit made in China? Whole bunch is here! Let's just shut that mutherfucker off shall we and see who owns who!
Old October 10, 2019, 02:53   #20
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcroy View Post
Really, you think, is your shit made in China? Whole bunch is here! Let's just shut that mutherfucker off shall we and see who owns who!
And this for the win!

Simply turn around all ships loaded with Chinese made stuff tomorrow,,and drop the communist bastards to their knees.

Will it hurt for a whole,,yep,,,but then we go back to making our own crappy plastic stuff.

We stop all trade with China,,,China goes belly up.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 11:37   #21
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Russian bot is Fatima, again, after being banned, and is no Russian or UK citizen.

As most dems working for Communism, she supports China, and hates Trump, Israel, and loves Obama, Hillary and will only spout bullshit against the USA and Trump.

China is being throttled by Trump right now and their already shaky economy cannot take any more of the Trump tarriffs.

The dollar will stand on top of world affairs, even as the chinese manipulate their currency into dust like the German mark after WWI.

Fatima cannot stand any Trump victories or even his fight.