The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old October 25, 2019, 23:32   #1
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Lear 70: liar and a thief

Here's the message traffic between myself and this lying sack of shit and you can make up your own minds:

Quote:
Re: GP Para scope mount adapters
Inbox
x

Richard Murphy
Tue, May 28, 4:26 PM
to me

Hi George,

Yes sir, we still make those for people on demand. I have two scope mounts I’ve been trying to move for a while with those in there myself.

They’re $25 each plus $8 USPS Priority mail shipping however many you want. I thread them M5, seems to work just fine.

Let me know,

Rich

> On May 28, 2019, at 4:42 PM, the gman @ The FAL Files wrote:
>
> This is a message from the gman at The FAL Files ( http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php ). The The FAL Files owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
>
> To email the gman, you can use this online form:
> http://www.falfiles.com/forums/sendm...lmember&u=5179
>
> OR, by email:
> mailto:thegman1763@gmail.com
>
> This is the message:
>
> Hey man, I see you're done with making the above adapters. I have a few of the GP scope mounts in hand and would really like some of the adapters. I used to work with the designer of the mount and I'm pretty sure he threaded them for a heli-coil insert rather than a straight thread.
>
> I'm going to count up how many I have and if you don't want to have them made, I'm willing to pay up front to have them made if you would share the contact or 3D printer you use? My email is thegman1763@gmail.com and I'm open to any kind of reasonable agreement you can come up with, thanks, George Joy

George Joy
Tue, May 28, 5:47 PM
to Richard

Rich, I'll take 4. PayPal to this email address ok? I'll cover the fees, thanks, George.

Richard Murphy
Tue, May 28, 6:37 PM
to me

No sir, Paypal shut down my account for selling firearms parts on my website as a primary sales method.

My backup Paypal is Richard.Murphy129@att.net

Please make SURE not to put ANY mention of gun parts in it please. Don’t want to lose that one, too.

Thanks, I’ll get them ordered. Usually 2-3 weeks for delivery then I have to thread them and shoot them to you.

Address?

Rich

George Joy
Wed, May 29, 1:33 PM
to Richard

Sounds good Rich. I'll get that over to you this evening when I get done with work. I'll send it as F&F as a repayment of a loan from you to me. I'm going to order 5 as I think I have that many scope mounts but can't lay my hands on all of them in my cluttered shop, lol! Thanks, George

Richard Murphy
Wed, May 29, 9:07 PM
to me

lol - that works perfectly since I ordered 5 just to have an extra on hand yesterday.

Thanks,

Rich

George Joy
Wed, May 29, 9:15 PM
to Richard

Just sent the funds over Rich, thanks, George

Richard Murphy
Wed, May 29, 9:36 PM
to me

Got it, thanks!

I’ll let you know when they come in.

Rich

George Joy
Sun, Aug 25, 4:51 PM
to Richard

Rich, any updates on these? Thanks, George

George Joy
Wed, Sep 11, 11:15 AM
to Richard

Rich, looking for an update please, don't care if it's "hey, we haven't gotten the items back from the printers yet" but something to let me know you're still alive would be appreciated, thanks, George.

Richard Murphy
Wed, Sep 11, 11:17 AM
to me

Crap. They are here. I just haven’t had time to E bread and put screws in them. I will head down to the workshop now and see if I can get those. Please remind me how many you ordered?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone

George Joy
Wed, Sep 11, 3:31 PM
to Richard

I ordered 5 Sir. My mailing address is George Joy, xxxx . Thanks, George

George Joy
Mon, Sep 23, 7:07 PM
to Richard

Rich, please just send me the adapters and I will do whatever other secondary operations need to be completed, thanks, George

George Joy
Wed, Oct 9, 11:51 AM
to Richard

Rich, this is taking the piss. Almost a month ago you told me you had them and needed work. 2 weeks ago I told you to forget about doing anything to them except to send them. I've been patient, I've understood these items are boutique and there's probably not a lot of profit in it for you but this is kicking the arse out of the situation. PLEASE SEND THE ADAPTERS ASAP, UNFINISHED OR FINISHED. No communication is bullshit, I just want the items I paid you for, thanks, George

George Joy
Tue, Oct 15, 5:14 AM (10 days ago)
to Richard (in response to a message I sent on his Facebook page)

George Joy, xxxxx. I called and left a message yesterday. My phone number is xxx xxx xxxx if you want to text me the tracking number. I don't need any more excuses, I just want the items I paid for.
I have contacted him via his Facebook page (Lucky Irishman Firearms) both on his page and by private message. I have called his phone number and he hasn't responded but once on his page, requesting my address (again!!) and assuring me he had the pieces. Of course, he has failed to deliver or contact me.

Sad he tosses his reputation in the trash for $132. Yes, my bad for using PayPal Friends and Family and I'll never make this mistake again. Avoid using this thief for anything and I'm asking he be banned.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 00:04   #2
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
That really sucks , hope it all comes out in the wash but you have a valid complaint! What is his falfiles username?

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 00:27   #3
the gman
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post
That really sucks , hope it all comes out in the wash but you have a valid complaint! What is his falfiles username?
Lear 70. Apparently leaving a shitty review on his Facebook page got a response. What a great guy:

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old October 26, 2019, 00:39   #4
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
Lear 70. Apparently leaving a shitty review on his Facebook page got a response. What a great guy:

I don't think you are his customer, more an inconvenience!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 08:59   #5
Arby
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
George,

Your post reminded me of this epic:

https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361433

Good luck, I hope you get this straightened out to your satisfaction quickly!
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 09:27   #6
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Bad attitude + lack of performance = never do business with.

Thanks for the heads up

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 09:47   #7
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
George,

Yeah, I remember that. I think there were some others as well. He has a pattern of "my dog ate my homework" whiny excuses, delays, equivocations. Everything except being a man.

He's been on my extreme caution list for years. Something just didn't smell right.
Old October 26, 2019, 11:57   #8
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Please post concise account to WALL OF SHAME sticky
https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445931
as may be warranted.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 12:01   #9
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
I think the majority of folks here are not only honest, but are more than willing to accept and work with an honest mistake, misunderstanding or other problem situation. For example, I know that a lot of us went a lot more than the proverbial extra mile with moses, but after a while ( often too late ) we realized that our efforts are being taken advantage of. At that point, the working relationship becomes unsalvageable.

Lears' spiteful attitude shuts him down at once in my book. It will be a cold Hades day before I'll do any biz with him now.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 12:20   #10
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
I think the majority of folks here are not only honest, but are more than willing to accept and work with an honest mistake, misunderstanding or other problem situation. . .. but after a while ( often too late ) we realized that our efforts are being taken advantage of.
This is my "something smells rotten in Denmark" perception. Life happens. After 30 years in a mail-order business, I totally understand that things can get in the way of fulfilling commitments in a timely manner. But by golly, there are some people who claim the trials of Job with such frequency as to be statistically improbable.

I've made it a point to (try) to never give an excuse or an explanation, because from my perspective as a customer - I don't give a shit about excuses. You've got time to cash my check, you have time to ship my order! With one recent exception - I was way behind my projected completion on a customer's project and he was e-mailing me every freaking day. Sorry dude, my Mom died and I have to leave town to settle her affairs. (can only use that once!).

But man, some of these people seem to claim a life crisis every freaking week! If that's your life, you don't belong in commerce.
Old October 26, 2019, 12:42   #11
the gman
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
This is my "something smells rotten in Denmark" perception. Life happens. After 30 years in a mail-order business, I totally understand that things can get in the way of fulfilling commitments in a timely manner. But by golly, there are some people who claim the trials of Job with such frequency as to be statistically improbable.

I've made it a point to (try) to never give an excuse or an explanation, because from my perspective as a customer - I don't give a shit about excuses. You've got time to cash my check, you have time to ship my order! With one recent exception - I was way behind my projected completion on a customer's project and he was e-mailing me every freaking day. Sorry dude, my Mom died and I have to leave town to settle her affairs. (can only use that once!).

But man, some of these people seem to claim a life crisis every freaking week! If that's your life, you don't belong in commerce.
The total lack of communication and then the spiteful attitude, as if the customer is at fault is what grips my shit. I'm willing to give anyone a break and its not like I need the items right now but when I politely ask, hey, can you let me know what's going on, there's no communication. I warn them, hey, I'm about to put you on blast because my patience has worn thin and they basically tell me to go fcuk myself, I'm done.

-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old October 26, 2019, 12:53   #12
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
TGM

Thanks for warning others about this man.

I wondered about this guy when he said the extended mag releases were stainless but didn't have any tool marks from them being machined.

Only after further questioning of him in his MP thread did he admit that they weren't machined, they were made via a sintered metal process.

Had I known at that time they weren't made of a solid metal thru a machining process I would not have bought them.

Here he speaks of a machinest and a cad guy.
https://www.falfiles.com/forums/show...3&postcount=14

some may call this being picky but I like to know what something is made of and how before I purchase it.

I call it full disclosure of the contract.

Last edited by NFADLR; October 26, 2019 at 13:07.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 13:51   #13
the gman
Registered

Apparently unconcerned about the posts, the fcuking balls on this guy:

-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old October 26, 2019, 13:55   #14
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
So, did you get your parts or a refund yet?

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 14:26   #15
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
He hates it when people get aggravated yet he caused the aggravation.

Do the right thing lear: give the man his $$$ back or supply the parts he paid for.

And don't expect to sell any thing here again as you have tarnished your own name.

You did this no one else did.

OP NEG this SOB.

Quote:
Apparently unconcerned about the posts, the fcuking balls on this guy:

NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 14:42   #16
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
People that have that many “rough patches” in life are just doing life wrong. We create most of our own problems, and some folks are just too good at it. Avoid.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 14:45   #17
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
We create most of our own problems, and some folks are just too good at it. Avoid.
Old October 26, 2019, 17:15   #18
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
my perspective if it matters one bit:

Yeah, shit happens
I'm still dealing with undelivered things by a family member
he sick & dying in hospice, I took it on to make things right which I will

as far as Leer, I bought from him before
no issues so can't contribute past personal experience

Here's the usual course of these things...

Billy Joe comes up with a product a bunch of folks want
Billy often is subcontracting work out to his buddy Jim Bob
one day Jimmy gets on the Glass Dick smoking
Billy is left in the wind as are customers

or maybe Jim Bob just got hemmed up over carnal relations with livestock

This crap happens internet wide
We had folks doing great things with custom airguns
guys showed off on airgun boards and tons of folks wanted, put cash down on the table

Well when you go from less than ten to over two hundred or more what happens ?
GP does it right, very up front on probable timelines but he don't deal in niche custom components ran off a handful a time
yeah he's screwing with you
if you need a folder adapter for a L1 I have one you can have at cost George, I mean if it's a customer piece that needs completion.

PM me if you really are in need
this offer only applies to you
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 19:57   #19
mountainman
Registered

FALaholic #: 14702
I can say something good about Rich via past working experiences. He pays on time and never jipped me. I think what went wrong is he has the habit of getting these wonky 3d metal printed parts that they are a bitch to second op. I ended up buying a tap head to tap a few parts for him. As usual took me a long time to get to ( we had a hurricane and no power for a week plus my compressor motor blew), so I was out the cost of a tapping head and a few taps. All for like around 5 meager parts to tap. That's the bad, but he is a good guy to deal with in my personal experience. I know he is super busy with his job.
Old October 26, 2019, 19:58   #20
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
George,

Seems like there was this and the Para Stock hinges for the ACR buttstocks he did...that was an epic thread including the tear jerker appeal....I can’t believe this
shit is happening again.

No way I’d jack up my rep over 100.00......

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 20:13   #21
the gman
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
my perspective if it matters one bit:

Yeah, shit happens
I'm still dealing with undelivered things by a family member
he sick & dying in hospice, I took it on to make things right which I will

as far as Leer, I bought from him before
no issues so can't contribute past personal experience

Here's the usual course of these things...

Billy Joe comes up with a product a bunch of folks want
Billy often is subcontracting work out to his buddy Jim Bob
one day Jimmy gets on the Glass Dick smoking
Billy is left in the wind as are customers

or maybe Jim Bob just got hemmed up over carnal relations with livestock

This crap happens internet wide
We had folks doing great things with custom airguns
guys showed off on airgun boards and tons of folks wanted, put cash down on the table

Well when you go from less than ten to over two hundred or more what happens ?
GP does it right, very up front on probable timelines but he don't deal in niche custom components ran off a handful a time
yeah he's screwing with you
if you need a folder adapter for a L1 I have one you can have at cost George, I mean if it's a customer piece that needs completion.

PM me if you really are in need
this offer only applies to you
The item I needed, ordered and paid for is an adapter to allow the DSA para guide rod to interface with the Grenadier Precision scope mounts. The GP mounts are some of the best top cover mounts ever made but without the adapter or an original guide rod, they can't be used on para models as they were intended. I appreciate the offer but I can't use what you have thanks.

Richard Murphy is a liar, period. I've caught him in so many of them its obvious he is a serial liar.

-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old October 26, 2019, 20:25   #22
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

Leave it to RSS to add homosexuality and beastiality to a thread about a a deadbeat seller. Bravo man, bravo. You add so much to this site. Really.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Old October 26, 2019, 20:39   #23
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
The item I needed, ordered and paid for is an adapter to allow the DSA para guide rod to interface with the Grenadier Precision scope mounts. The GP mounts are some of the best top cover mounts ever made but without the adapter or an original guide rod, they can't be used on para models as they were intended. I appreciate the offer but I can't use what you have thanks.

Richard Murphy is a liar, period. I've caught him in so many of them its obvious he is a serial liar.
well that sucks

I'll add I have seen real great folks turn south and fast but I don't think that's the case here

something else
I have watched this unfold quite a number of time George.
let me tell you about one time

Guy started building full custom .25 magnum precharge air pistols out of full stainless. A few of my pals were involved in the subcontracting
thing was after the initial pistols went out, every asshat had to have one

dumbass took the money, delivered some but vanished once the board squeal started over delays
guy just vanished
one of his contractors shared that he was doing a divorce trip and the gun board implosion was a hard blow
he just ran screaming away

nope, can't help you with the GP adapters
real sucky deal brother
Old October 26, 2019, 21:09   #24
the gman
Registered

Quote:
well that sucks

I'll add I have seen real great folks turn south and fast but I don't think that's the case here

something else
I have watched this unfold quite a number of time George.
let me tell you about one time

Guy started building full custom .25 magnum precharge air pistols out of full stainless. A few of my pals were involved in the subcontracting
thing was after the initial pistols went out, every asshat had to have one

dumbass took the money, delivered some but vanished once the board squeal started over delays
guy just vanished
one of his contractors shared that he was doing a divorce trip and the gun board implosion was a hard blow
he just ran screaming away

nope, can't help you with the GP adapters
real sucky deal brother
Thing is, this was entirely within his control. You can see from the email message traffic I wasn't all that bothered about the deal until the communication stopped. Hell, I've been divorced twice, fallen on hard times, declared bankruptcy once and so I'm well aware that shit happens.

What I can't abide is a liar. All he had to say was hey, I have them and I'll get them out to you within the next month but he didn't. He claims to answer emails daily but clearly that's a lie as you can see. He looked at messages on FB and a post but didn't do shit to fix the issues. Then, when he's called on his shit, he goes all sulky like a little bitch instead of manning up and doing the right thing.

Well, he's shit out of luck now because he's obviously oblivious to what I do for a living and how familiar I am with the court system.

-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old October 26, 2019, 21:51   #25
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Thing is, this was entirely within his control. You can see from the email message traffic I wasn't all that bothered about the deal until the communication stopped. Hell, I've been divorced twice, fallen on hard times, declared bankruptcy once and so I'm well aware that shit happens.

What I can't abide is a liar. All he had to say was hey, I have them and I'll get them out to you within the next month but he didn't. He claims to answer emails daily but clearly that's a lie as you can see. He looked at messages on FB and a post but didn't do shit to fix the issues. Then, when he's called on his shit, he goes all sulky like a little bitch instead of manning up and doing the right thing.

Well, he's shit out of luck now because he's obviously oblivious to what I do for a living and how familiar I am with the court system.
or he just don't care

not debating any of this, I'd be pissed too and you have every right to be

here's the thing
if he don't care even your badge is meaningless
you might get a local to do a door knock, past that nada
Old October 27, 2019, 01:56   #26
the gman
Registered

Quote:
or he just don't care

not debating any of this, I'd be pissed too and you have every right to be

here's the thing
if he don't care even your badge is meaningless
you might get a local to do a door knock, past that nada
I wasn't suggesting that my occupation would, in any meaningful way, give me an advantage other than I am very familiar with the court system and the steps required to obtain a judgment against him then have it domesticated in TN. Fcker thinks he's untouchable and can make me his bitch? I think not.

-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old October 27, 2019, 10:01   #27
lockjaw
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
I'm sorry to here this. At the time these adapters were initially offered I owned three GP scope mounts and jumped on board, until it was revealed through commo that he hadn't actually manufactured any of these adapters, but was accepting payment.

I took a lot of flack from the "old guard" for pulling out as I didn't agree with paying up front for an item that had not yet been designed to fruition and subsequently manufactured.
Old October 27, 2019, 12:51   #28
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Everything Leer 70 does from past experience is sell till gets enough orders to cover his R&D plus manufacturing costs. I bought items from him in the past but he stated that orders would not be filled till got enough to warrant manufacturing. Took it on his honor he would deliver and I got product promised eventually and was not terribly long wait but we're simple thread conversion adapters. If he is doing same but not telling buyers not even to design and manufacturing yet and even lying that sucks as will avoid his products in the future. Was very happy with my FAL thread adapters allowing me to mount suppressors on left hand thread rifles.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2019, 14:51   #29
12v71
Registered

FALaholic #: 71127
My take on this issue, is that it's absolutely wrong for somebody that has your money to say "you have aggravated me, so I'm adding another week to your order". Try that one to my face...

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2019, 15:13   #30
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
My take on this issue, is that it's absolutely wrong for somebody that has your money to say "you have aggravated me, so I'm adding another week to your order". Try that one to my face...
This "adding one week" one is "the kicker over", and he put it in writing for the public. WOW
Old October 27, 2019, 20:02   #31
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82779
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post

I always appreciate how quick you get my stuff out Mark. I know when I order something I can count on it being here in a couple days.
Old October 27, 2019, 20:06   #32
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Karma. 2 assholes 1 on one is my thought..

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2019, 20:34   #33
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
Hmmm. I don't have a dog in this fight, but have manufactured more than one kind of FAL/SLR part, sometimes in the hundreds. I have sold them all here and there, but I had them done before making the first post. I ship the next day, usually, or sometimes the same day. I provide a tracking number immediately. I monitor the ad that I made until all is sold. Someone that does not do this after they make an ad or promise a part once money is had, should not be selling anything. Monitor your ads and PM's regularly throughout the day, it's common courtesy. Update your ad accordingly. It's common courtesy. Don't sell something through the PM's, make it visible to all in the actual ad. It's common courtesy. Maybe it's just me............

Leland
FUUN063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2019, 21:22   #34
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
Through all this, right here ^ is the thing that gets me most.
Old October 29, 2019, 23:21   #35
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Leave it to RSS to add homosexuality and beastiality to a thread about a a deadbeat seller. Bravo man, bravo. You add so much to this site. Really.
He's nothing if not consistant....

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2019, 00:01   #36
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Lear70 should have just given The G Man his money back and apologized. Why drag this out into a really ugly ordeal?
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2019, 14:38   #37
lpcullen
Registered

FALaholic #: 63924
Quote:
I think RSS was referring to drug use and beastiality not homosexual activity
lpcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2019, 19:33   #38
ddbtoth
Registered

FALaholic #: 3495
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Through all this, right here ^ is the thing that gets me most.
Yeah, this is the major dick move of the thread. I couldn't believe it when I read it. What a turd.
ddbtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2019, 02:37   #39
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcullen View Post
What can I say, I live inside cheesehead Thulman's head like 24/7
get this, I even invited up to a show via PM so we could stop all this, offered him table space for frees
no response, I wonder whether he even own a firearm. Even cares or is just a typical Troll
another internet Mr. Moustache of the interwebs

yeah glass dick refers to crack pipe

thing is I have seen idiots who were doing custom blow out online over all sorts of "events"
yeah including animal crap
It's not only Guns
Bicycles, motorbikes, cars, stereos, shortwave...
you name it

every forum has it's usually self anointed Mr. Moustache
Thulman is ours and my personal Troll, I'm cool with that
still he is very lame
shit, I put out the offer
Old November 01, 2019, 10:25   #40
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcullen View Post
Oh, okay. Good call. Guess I’m not up to speed on drug & dick talk. I’ll try to catch up.

But back to subject at hand....I looked back through my MP transactions on here and found a positive dealing I had with Lear70. Doubt I would chance that again given the dialog shared from the OP’s experience. It’s a shame because I think he has the potential to make some cool parts for the community, but if the risk isn’t worth the reward then another opportunity to breathe more life into our aging FAL habit is lost.

Last edited by Tuhlmann; November 01, 2019 at 10:37.
Old November 04, 2019, 18:55   #41
Lear70
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 68708
Quote:

This is the kind of shit that gets you ignored.

I don't do threats. I don't do spiteful and rude conversations. You have only posted PART of the exchanges we have had, and a partial lie is still a lie. That makes you a liar.

As for my part, yes, with all the people so quick to judge without hearing the other side, here's a little background for those who think someone who has some turns of bad luck "creates it".

I do this on the side for fun. I do this by myself out of my home and have a day job. Nov of last year I fell and tore my shoulder. Had to have two surgeries this year and didn't work for 10 months. During that time I tried to make this a full-time job and was running about 10 designs consecutively, burning the candle at both ends.

This guy came in at the end of that when I was absolutely buried getting the RDB and MDR handguards finished, plus retraining for a month to go back to work.

Then a close family member entered the last stage of ALS. I spent a considerable amount of time with that. It's not a sob story, it just happens. It's called life, and somewhere in all that mess I also lost his parts and had to have them re-made at my expense.

And yes, we had a brief period of time when we lost our machinist, about 8 months, which is when the FAL Zukhov low mounts were in design. I have about $5,000 worth of 3-D printed STAINLESS STEEL adapters for that design (it's on Shapeways site, feel free to go look it up, hard as rocks as a previous poster mentioned bending his tooling trying to drill it proves). I haven't even had time to finish those up or sell, they're just sitting here on a shelf along with the M1A stock adapters that never took off. Probably $15k collecting dust.

All parts before that in terms of FAL stock adapters and after that period are 6061-T6 MACHINED aluminum anodized. Feel free to check them if you have one, as I've never had to take one back and you can hardly find them on the secondary market. People love them and they keep them.

We have over 3,000 happy and satisfied customers. We get 1/10 of 1% who fall through the cracks when you're doing things solo with 100 orders a month plus a day job plus kids and family (luckily I've only been divorced once). It took me longer to get back to this person than it has before and once he went postal and started screaming and cursing at me and calling me a liar, I was done being nice. At that point you're not a customer, you're an a**hole and I don't need the irritation.

By the way, that's when my family member died. I appreciate you piling on, thanks for that. (hint, nobody got emails returned that week).

The legal action thing made me laugh though. This person clearly has no clue what *I* do for a living, and the most you could do is a small claims court action for such a small amount. No one is coming to my house, not the local police, and not the Sheriff's office (although we had a great time together at the local LE machine gun shoot last month).

Your parts shipped today, you received a tracking number.

I'd tell you not to bother ordering from me again but it's going to be easier than that, because I'm done making FAL parts, being a contributor to this forum, or anything else. There will be no more FAL adapters. Congratulations, you helped end that.

I've always done this as a fun hobby and said when it's no longer fun, I'll stop doing it. Congratulations, you tipped the scale.

Yes, it's my fault for it taking so long (it takes 45 days initially to get parts anyway but losing them and having to have them re-made is my fault and I ate the cost - sorry I did, wish I'd just have refunded you and you never would have had them to begin with since NO ONE else makes them), but your attitude is quite frankly unacceptable. You crossed a line from "upset customer" to "abusive f**k".

You'll see the Zukhov low mounts and the remainder of the FAL mag releases and when they're gone, they're gone.

One less person making FAL parts. Congratulations.

Oh and Mark, GFY. You've never had a negative dealing with me and, in fact, you are widely disliked among the FAL world due to how long you take to return people's rifles and just being an arrogant ass. There's entire FB threads about you and how long you take to get people's rifles back to them.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I'll leave the rest of you to continue piling on. I'll be moving on with our other designs and platforms.

To those who were reserved enough to wait for "the rest of the story", thank you for your restraint. At least there are some people with the mental discipline to wait to hear all before rendering judgment.

Cheers,
Lear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 19:01   #42
Lear70
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 68708
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
I'm sorry to here this. At the time these adapters were initially offered I owned three GP scope mounts and jumped on board, until it was revealed through commo that he hadn't actually manufactured any of these adapters, but was accepting payment.

I took a lot of flack from the "old guard" for pulling out as I didn't agree with paying up front for an item that had not yet been designed to fruition and subsequently manufactured.
We've made and sold a couple dozen of these.

You lost out.

We group fund all our designs and have for half a decade. No one has been cheated out of their merchandise.

NO one. Ever.

This guy is getting his parts in about 48 hours. Not because I saw this thread or was worried about the fallout, but because I don't cheat people out of money. I get behind every once in a while, but EVERYONE gets their parts.

That's why we've sold THOUSANDS of parts and half fewer than half a dozen upset customers. That's business for you, sometimes you miss someone and when you do, the law of averages says it's someone who's borderline unhinged and will flip out (and guys like this give LE everywhere a bad name).

Quite honestly it's pretty clear he needs therapy in a major way; tempted to contact his LT about how unhinged he is. If my Dept got a copy of this thread and I was acting like this and sending the emails he did, I'd be turning in my badge and be looking at a few weeks of anger management therapy and observation for continued service.
Lear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 21:02   #43
nwobhm
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FALaholic #: 9580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear70 View Post

I don't do threats. I don't do spiteful and rude conversations. You have only posted PART of the exchanges we have had, and a partial lie is still a lie. That makes you a liar.

As for my part, yes, with all the people so quick to judge without hearing the other side, here's a little background for those who think someone who has some turns of bad luck "creates it".

I do this on the side for fun. I do this by myself out of my home and have a day job. Nov of last year I fell and tore my shoulder. Had to have two surgeries this year and didn't work for 10 months. During that time I tried to make this a full-time job and was running about 10 designs consecutively, burning the candle at both ends.

This guy came in at the end of that when I was absolutely buried getting the RDB and MDR handguards finished, plus retraining for a month to go back to work.

Then a close family member entered the last stage of ALS. I spent a considerable amount of time with that. It's not a sob story, it just happens. It's called life, and somewhere in all that mess I also lost his parts and had to have them re-made at my expense.

And yes, we had a brief period of time when we lost our machinist, about 8 months, which is when the FAL Zukhov low mounts were in design. I have about $5,000 worth of 3-D printed STAINLESS STEEL adapters for that design (it's on Shapeways site, feel free to go look it up, hard as rocks as a previous poster mentioned bending his tooling trying to drill it proves). I haven't even had time to finish those up or sell, they're just sitting here on a shelf along with the M1A stock adapters that never took off. Probably $15k collecting dust.

All parts before that in terms of FAL stock adapters and after that period are 6061-T6 MACHINED aluminum anodized. Feel free to check them if you have one, as I've never had to take one back and you can hardly find them on the secondary market. People love them and they keep them.

We have over 3,000 happy and satisfied customers. We get 1/10 of 1% who fall through the cracks when you're doing things solo with 100 orders a month plus a day job plus kids and family (luckily I've only been divorced once). It took me longer to get back to this person than it has before and once he went postal and started screaming and cursing at me and calling me a liar, I was done being nice. At that point you're not a customer, you're an a**hole and I don't need the irritation.

By the way, that's when my family member died. I appreciate you piling on, thanks for that. (hint, nobody got emails returned that week).

The legal action thing made me laugh though. This person clearly has no clue what *I* do for a living, and the most you could do is a small claims court action for such a small amount. No one is coming to my house, not the local police, and not the Sheriff's office (although we had a great time together at the local LE machine gun shoot last month).

I'd tell you not to bother ordering from me again but it's going to be easier than that, because I'm done making FAL parts, being a contributor to this forum, or anything else. There will be no more FAL adapters. Congratulations, you helped end that.

I've always done this as a fun hobby and said when it's no longer fun, I'll stop doing it. Congratulations, you tipped the scale.

Yes, it's my fault for it taking so long (it takes 45 days initially to get parts anyway but losing them and having to have them re-made is my fault and I ate the cost - sorry I did, wish I'd just have refunded you and you never would have had them to begin with since NO ONE else makes them), but your attitude is quite frankly unacceptable. You crossed a line from "upset customer" to "abusive f**k".

You'll see the Zukhov low mounts and the remainder of the FAL mag releases and when they're gone, they're gone.

Oh and Mark, GFY. You've never had a negative dealing with me and, in fact, you are widely disliked among the FAL world due to how long you take to return people's rifles and just being an arrogant ass. There's entire FB threads about you and how long you take to get people's rifles back to them.

I'll leave the rest of you to continue piling on. I'll be moving on with our other designs and platforms.

To those who were reserved enough to wait for "the rest of the story", thank you for your restraint. At least there are some people with the mental discipline to wait to hear all before rendering judgment.

Cheers,
Quote:
We've made and sold a couple dozen of these.

You lost out.

We group fund all our designs and have for half a decade. No one has been cheated out of their merchandise.

NO one. Ever.

This guy is getting his parts in about 48 hours. Not because I saw this thread or was worried about the fallout, but because I don't cheat people out of money. I get behind every once in a while, but EVERYONE gets their parts.

That's why we've sold THOUSANDS of parts and half fewer than half a dozen upset customers. That's business for you, sometimes you miss someone and when you do, the law of averages says it's someone who's borderline unhinged and will flip out (and guys like this give LE everywhere a bad name).

Quite honestly it's pretty clear he needs therapy in a major way; tempted to contact his LT about how unhinged he is. If my Dept got a copy of this thread and I was acting like this and sending the emails he did, I'd be turning in my badge and be looking at a few weeks of anger management therapy and observation for continued service.
nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 21:14   #44
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwobhm View Post
Yeah +1

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 21:40   #45
cavegeo
Contributor

FALaholic #: 11441
Lear70 just needs to go away and not ever come back.
The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.
cavegeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 23:16   #46
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
My pussy hurts
Nobody gives a fcuk about how hard you claim your life is.

All that matters is

1. You were in physical possession of the items you sold
2. You shipped those items in a timely manner after receiving payment.

Since #1 is in question, and #2 is not, the only logical conclusion is that you are a liar, a cheat and a thief.
Old November 05, 2019, 07:59   #47
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:

Cheers,
So as not to throw the baby out with wash water......It’s always good to have the entrepreneurial spirit alive and well in the gun sphere. Having said that communication TODAY is paramount. If you can’t make good on commitments stop taking in work without a caution........the fact that you became belligerent with G says a lot considering what You said to him. You seem to believe we really care about a pile of excuses to bolster your perceived harm from him wanting to know the status of the parts he ordered. The Pinocchio award is yours.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2019, 10:14   #48
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
The bottom line when selling something on a gun board is your word is your reputation. I have always tried to treat people the way I would want to be treated.

Think it was GP who posted that when you sell something, you should have already made your photos, and if its not packed ready for shipping....you should have everything ready to seal it up and ship it. That follows my process as well.
Old November 05, 2019, 15:21   #49
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
Sometimes, I even ship stuff BEFORE it sells, just so it gets there on time.

Leland
FUUN063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2019, 16:45   #50
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Quote:
It took me longer to get back to this person than it has before and once he went postal and started screaming and cursing at me and calling me a liar, I was done being nice. At that point you're not a customer, you're an a**hole and I don't need the irritation
....at which point, if that is your position, you should have immediately refunded his payment and called it good. Playing "Soup Nazi" with the "no rods for you this week" routine was stupid. Unfortunately if you choose to take $s from CUSTOMERS you must treat them as such until such time they are no longer so, either because you have fulfilled your OBLIGATION to them and delivered the goods agreed upon or calling it quits and refunding their $s ASAP.
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote