The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 06, 2019, 18:41   #1
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 18,003
Mr. Rogers

Somehow, Hollywood has made a movie about Mr. Rogers the deviant. Like Pee Wee Herman, another PBS darling, NAMBLA was at work with this guys strategy.

I made sure that my kids who grew up in the 70's, knew all about this guys shortcomings, and anti masculinity, communist drivel.

Thank god there were plenty of child molestor warnings in schools, about not listening to strangers like Mr. Rogers... "would you be my friend, would you be mine?........... MINE WHAT?

It was if NAMBLA sunk money into PBS for this show, to brainwash victims for sexual abuse like the Priests did. Afterall this was the time period when all Gays came out, and AIDS was just getting established as ok.

Learning to shoot guns at the end of the 70's, my kids and others all got to shoot at bad guy images, some named Mr. Rogers, the child molestor at our farm dump.

Even some members of my extended family who were gay, were not as insipid and as bad a role model as that SOB was. Men use their heads, fists and guns, I taught.

4 lawyers and a cop, out of our farm junkyard shootups. Probably illegal today to teach minors to shoot and handle guns.


Not only me, but plenty of dads rejected that Mr Rogers and PBS devious homo strategy, designed to get kids into the back rooms of parish houses by making kids let their guards down..........you can be sure that the pedophiles imitated Mr. Rogers lilt and actions to a "T".
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 18:47   #2
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 6,151
Sesame Street had much better role models . . .
__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 20:59   #3
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor
 
W.E.G.'s Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1211
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 41,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
Sesame Street had much better role models . . .
Yeah!

__________________
.
.
.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 21:05   #4
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor
 
tdb59's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 63177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ironsman.com
Posts: 11,289
__________________
“The means of defense against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home." - James Madison
........
Drive a rifle, or ride in a railcar
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 21:25   #5
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 6,151



__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 22:24   #6
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,620
Mr. Rodgers was a deviant?

I never hear this. Please explain.

He just wanted you to be his neighbor.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 23:28   #7
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor
 
Texgunner's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4653
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Brokenoak in central Texas-Milam county
Posts: 8,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Mr. Rodgers was a deviant?

I never hear this. Please explain.


He just wanted you to be his neighbor.
Consider the source.
__________________
"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 00:56   #8
TedMckay
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 76858
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Mr. Rodgers was a deviant?

I never hear this. Please explain.

He just wanted you to be his neighbor.


Yeah mr Rogers was a positive tv program I grew up watching .
__________________
“Yonder are the Hessians. They were bought for seven pounds and tenpence a man. Are you worth more? Prove it. Tonight the American flag floats from yonder hill or Molly Stark sleeps a widow!”
TedMckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 06:31   #9
ByronF
Registered
 
ByronF's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 630
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: PA
Posts: 4,472
Through the lens of early 70s little kid it was pretty lame. Always thought he needed to man up, even when I was a kid. But I dont think he was a perv. If he WAS a perv then have at him. I think he was a soft spoken man who put on a kids show that tried to teach little kids good things and not flashy loud crude eye-grabbing images that wind up your kids into hyper freaks. Like Spongebob.

But DAMN! Can someone get Lady Elaine to a dermatologist for some rosacea cream? Sh!t looks infected.
ByronF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 08:22   #10
Slaughter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 73180
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,963
Sheitt - just because he was a preacher in "real life" and didn't eat the livers and hearts and drink from the skulls of his enemies makes him a pervert?

Who needs to grow a pair here?
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 08:33   #11
Eric_the_Red
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 75996
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Southwest Desert
Posts: 242
Mr. Rogers for the win...could literally kill V Guy with kindness.
__________________
Eric_the_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 08:33   #12
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor
 
Texgunner's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4653
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Brokenoak in central Texas-Milam county
Posts: 8,963
Well, a bigoted misogynist like the OP isn't worthy of carrying the luggage of a man like Fred Rogers.
__________________
"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 08:45   #13
lpcullen
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 63924
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 154
I preferred Captain Kangaroo to Mr. Rogers as a kid but I watched them both.
lpcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 08:50   #14
johnnycobra
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 26209
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 698
i was looking for the /sarcasm tag at the end there.

Old Fred it seems was exactly as advertised from everything we know.
I don’t see a need or value in slandering someone that walked the walk of decency and spoke for/to children.

There’s enough actual sickness in the world to call out.
johnnycobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 09:13   #15
01BIRDDOG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 54639
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southwest Virginia---Abingdon, Virginia
Posts: 2,274
I never was too interested in good old Mr. Rogers but was hung up on the likes of Gunsmoke and i even remember "Sea Hunt" from back then. I did hear that Rogers was a "Combat hero" Was there any truth to this story?
01BIRDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 09:24   #16
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor
 
Texgunner's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4653
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Brokenoak in central Texas-Milam county
Posts: 8,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01BIRDDOG View Post
I never was too interested in good old Mr. Rogers but was hung up on the likes of Gunsmoke and i even remember "Sea Hunt" from back then. I did hear that Rogers was a "Combat hero" Was there any truth to this story?
No.
Man, I loved that "Sea Hunt" too. Mike Nelson was just too cool.
__________________
"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 09:55   #17
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 5,509
I've heard several people acquainted with Fred Rogers say, "he was exactly the same off screen as he was on screen."
I watched him some, as a tyke.

Quote:
No single GIF better represents my days than Mr. Roger's throwing the double bird with a giant smile on his face. I never once bothered to doubt its legitimacy, but a friend asked me if it was real. Of course it is.

For many years, rumors have gone around that Fred McFeely Rogers (Mr. Rogers) flipped kids off on his tv show.
The truth is, he did…inadvertently.
He was singing “Where is Thumbkin” with children and, when he got to Tall-Man, he proudly displayed his middle fingers…because that’s how the song played out.
Oh, and McFeely (Mr. McFeely was the “Speedy Delivery” guy) was Rogers’ middle name.
__________________
The trick is in what one emphasizes.
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.
The amount of work is the same.


Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 10:32   #18
AliYahu
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 11084
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,372
Fred Rogers was a degreed and ordained Presbyterian minister that taught 'Love thy neighbor' for decades. That he is baselessly besmirched in such a way is disgusting!

Eli
AliYahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 11:40   #19
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 15514
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,566
I was a Captain Kangaroo (and Mr. Green jeans) fan. Sea Hunt was great. Any of you remember Ripcord? Mr. Rogers was OK and I never saw him as strange. My younger sister watched him.
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 12:22   #20
Slaughter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 73180
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,963
Y'know when V guy talks dirty, it gives me a hard-on.

THERE, I SAID IT!
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 12:31   #21
alphadog58
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 9405
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SE CT
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcullen View Post
I preferred Captain Kangaroo to Mr. Rogers as a kid but I watched them both.
Metoo. We had Mr. Magoo in the morning on TV, who invented the Pogo, for all you aging punk rockers.
Some years ago UCONN seniors picked Fred Rogers to speak at their graduation ceremony. I read the transcript. It was thoughtful and well spoken.
Larry
__________________
“He should be torn into itty bitty pieces and then buried alive!” Hanover Fiste in “Heavy Metal”
alphadog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 12:33   #22
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,387
It takes a special mindset to interpret someone asking you (on TV) to be their neighbor as 'bad'...

Just sayin'...

I always thought that Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was just too lame to watch (except for the 'how things were made' part, which was wonderful (crayola crayons and incandescent light bulbs and whatall).

Fred Rogers was an anti-gun nutjob, which was enough for me not to watch him, but claiming that he was a pervert is a little over the edge (although you never know, but I've never seen any evidence presented to support that take on reality).

I always thought that his general message was pretty good, but just too lame to watch...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 12:36   #23
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,387
And Tom Terrific and Mighty Manfred The Wonder Dog were favorites of mine when I was really little...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 12:37   #24
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 16,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
It takes a special mindset to interpret someone asking you (on TV) to be their neighbor as 'bad'...

Just sayin'...

I always thought that Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was just too lame to watch (except for the 'how things were made' part, which was wonderful (crayola crayons and incandescent light bulbs and whatall).

Fred Rogers was an anti-gun nutjob, which was enough for me not to watch him, but claiming that he was a pervert is a little over the edge (although you never know, but I've never seen any evidence presented to support that take on reality).

I always thought that his general message was pretty good, but just too lame to watch...

Forrest
Yep. I was watching reruns of I Dream of Genie, Gilligans Island, or McCale's Navy. PBS was too childish for me at almost any age.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 14:32   #25
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
 
Andy the Aussie's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 216
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Down Under
Posts: 16,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcullen View Post
I prefer BBQ Kangaroo
....fixed that right up !
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by GOVT1911
You could do some searching and find a nice TLC and do the same thing, still saving a bunch of $$ and end up with a nice, comfortable CAPABLE rig...
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 14:35   #26
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor
 
Texgunner's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4653
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Brokenoak in central Texas-Milam county
Posts: 8,963
Oy!
__________________
"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 15:32   #27
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 18,003
We had a discussion of old fred long ago here, with about the same results.

Growing up in the 1950's and 60's, surrounded by WWII veterans, we all learned to fight each other, encouraged by our dads to be men.

Our role models were big and tough. Tall masculine men succeeded at work over the weak as long as they were smart and with wisdom/educated, same as in the Military; frank gruff talk, was the way of Officers, cops, soldiers and the everyday blue collar worker. Offices were also full of professional men only, only a few mild mannered older men.

The Beatles changed the culture a bit as did the run of hippies and drugs.

Still men needed to be manly to succeed, not like the "casper milktoasts (gays)" as the effette men like Mr Rogers, were called almost universally.

Gays were absolutely casitgated and had to hide among themselves.

When PBS put Fred on tv to tell boys that being weak was ok, that was and is still an abomination DIRECTED BY THE COMMIES.

Cold War ring a bell?

Cuba, the USSR, China did not encourage Mr Rogers types, except here.
Think West Point or Basic Training type upbringing.

Being polite in the 50's and 60's, with military order and discipline, as most kids were raised to be, in front of adults, was the way, as was fist fighting among ourselves.

Rogers made the weak feel like they had a friend, as this friend then molested them.

How do everyday people act?

I don't see any Mr Rogers in the BLM community for the most part.....just aggression and a bit of anger/menace.

I do not see Mr Rogers in cops, Lawyers or women.

I do not see Mr rogers, except in likely gays, who fold their hands like women; still makes my skin crawl to be near them and I do not deal with them if possible.

How to I treat everyday people?

Honestly, politely and frankly for sure; judging the immediate danger a person presents to me, like General Mattis recommends.

That they made a movie about Mr Rogers is an affront to men everywhere, and Trump supporters.

Last edited by V guy; November 07, 2019 at 15:44.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 17:25   #28
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
 
Mebsuta's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4143
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Khemi, Stygia
Posts: 11,041
I didn't watch Mr. Rogers so I am indifferent.

There are people who will fold hands and bow to you, then knock your silly a$$ out though, so I don't know.
__________________
Hai
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 17:41   #29
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,620
MR. Rogers probably had a target tv audience of 2-5 year olds.

I remember watching it. Funny puppets. Little trolley train car. Few little songs.

I don't feel like I've been warped.

I really like women. First crush was 6th grade there was a new girl in school and she was ...developing nicely and wow did I notice. Too bad she moved away a couple years later.
I Like cars, guns, taking stuff apart to fix it, stepping on bugs, drinking beer...all the usual manly guy stuff. I'm quite certain ol Fred did not make gay or wussy. Maybe some on the fence boys he did, I dunno.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 18:25   #30
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 18,003
Lee Ermey was typical of plenty of WWII vets and high school coaches. Sissy boys were always encouraged to shape up and quit crying. Little League was not a place for momma boys, or football fields either.

Cub Scouts and boy scouts were a bunch of rough-house boys too.

The Lone Ranger was standard fare on tv.

Lee Ermey bracing Mr Rogers for treating sissy boys as normal would be a hoot to see.

I am sure that Fred Roger's victims today are the worse for his indoctrination.

Knowing how to deal with being yelled at by hard men in authority was necessary to succeed in life.

"Grow a pair", "man up", "have some balls", are still heard regularly and would never have been heard from that saboteur of American values.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 18:27   #31
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 5,509
Being kind does not make one weak, particularly with children and elders.
__________________
The trick is in what one emphasizes.
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.
The amount of work is the same.


Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 18:41   #32
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 18,003
A sharp and loud shout................... "HEY", and a fierce glare, directed at growing boys, fighting or arguing, is worth a thousand words from a Mr. Rogers.

Being kind, is to leave no truth covered with weak bullshit, about incorrect deportment and behavior in any situation.

As the twig is bent, so grows the tree and misinterpretation about where the limits lie; establishing no limits "to free the child", is to kill the child, as our prisons show.

Fear of loud men, is part of growing up.

If not Dad, then the POOO-leese will do it.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 18:55   #33
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
easttex's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 20438
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Addison, Tx
Posts: 3,989
I watched Mr. Rogers when I would visit my grandparent's house in New York. I was nuts about toy train sets and aquariums at the time and he had both. So I would watch the intro to Mr. Rogers to watch the little trolley car and then the camera panned out onto the set and he'd feed his fish.

Good times. Thinking about that, I can still remember the way my grandparents' house smelled, the way their basement stairs creaked, and how delicious my grandma's chocolate chip cookies were when I'd come visit.
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Molon labe

Last edited by easttex; November 07, 2019 at 19:00.
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 19:01   #34
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,620
I think Sesame Street was far worse. socialist dystopia

It tried to indoctrinate kids into speaking spanish to pave the way for acceptance of illegal immigrants.

It tried to normalize homelessness and living in filth with Oscar the Grouch

Big Bird had imaginary friends only could see, telling kids it's okay to be delusional and mentally ill.

None of the muppets had jobs but had public housing for free

and now it;s a zillion times more overt in it's socialist leftist agenda.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 19:58   #35
ByronF
Registered
 
ByronF's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 630
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: PA
Posts: 4,472
Sesame Street confused me. Looked like filthy beggars scraping by in a dilapidated city. I tell you the truth: until I was about 13 yr old I honestly thought that city people were trapped because they didnt have cars. I thought if only someone would give them a ride out of there they could have a nice life in the country, like us kids.
ByronF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 20:34   #36
chino*74
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 75409
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Battle Born
Posts: 797
Mr. Rogers was OK. Like someone said above his target audience was pre-schoolers mostly...I never had a problem with his show or his message. He was a pretty upstanding person in real life...as a kid I never watched it., my daughter did when she was younger however my shows were mostly Capt. Kangaroo & Rocky and Bullwinkle Esp. The Rocky and Bullwinkle show cause they had a LOTTA weird stuff goin on...my warped mind is at least partially due to Commander McBragg, Go Go Gophers, Fractured Fairly tales, Mr. Wizard, Tom Terrific, Wonder Dog, El Cabong, Super Chicken...well, I could go on.
__________________
"There are 2 kinds of people in this world Amigo..."
chino*74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 20:51   #37
lockjaw
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64904
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,656
Mr. Rogers was a bit before my time. I was more interested in G.I. Joe, Thundercats, Transformers and He-Man!

I thought that this was impressive and inspiring, especially considering the social climate during the timeframe in which this aired.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...4&&FORM=VRDGAR
__________________
“Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated.” ― Lou Holtz
lockjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 21:00   #38
Eric_the_Red
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 75996
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Southwest Desert
Posts: 242
Quote:
Growing up in the 1950's and 60's, surrounded by WWII veterans, we all learned to fight each other, encouraged by our dads to be men.
You know, I had plenty of WWII veterans around while I was growing up, too. Those who had first-hand combat experience didn't wave it around as a badge of honor or try to glorify it as 'masculine.' Very much the opposite.
__________________
Eric_the_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 21:29   #39
lockjaw
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64904
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
You know, I had plenty of WWII veterans around while I was growing up, too. Those who had first-hand combat experience didn't wave it around as a badge of honor or try to glorify it as 'masculine.' Very much the opposite.
I can assure you that the same sentiment persists today, the same is at did with every generation before and after WWII.

The current generation has their share of tool bags walking around claiming to be something they are not, giving a bad name to those who wore the Flag on their shoulder with pride.... and no, I don't believe that experiencing combat makes one soldier more "heroic" than the next. Not every soldier who experienced combat did so "heroically." Those who were not afforded the opportunity to experience combat possessed the same capacity to react accordingly... and they had the luxury of retuning home without the baggage. That isn't a negative badge to wear.

"Walk softly, but carry a big stick."
__________________
“Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated.” ― Lou Holtz
lockjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 21:51   #40
Arby
Old Fart
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 653
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post

........you can be sure that the pedophiles imitated Mr. Rogers lilt and actions to a "T".

When PBS put Fred on tv to tell boys that being weak was ok, that was and is still an abomination DIRECTED BY THE COMMIES.

..........Rogers made the weak feel like they had a friend, as this friend then molested them.
Sorry to see you so twisted and blinded by hate and fear.

You should seek counseling. Good luck to you, in that regard.
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 00:48   #41
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor
 
Tuhlmann's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69411
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here & There, WI
Posts: 2,490
I’m now fully convinced that “V guy” wears women’s panties, and not just on Saturday nights.
__________________
Future Crotchety Ol' Bastard

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 05:14   #42
Timber Wolf
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 805
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Yep. I was watching reruns of I Dream of Genie, Gilligans Island, or McCale's Navy.
Reruns? Hell I watched them the first time around.. Matter of fact, I still dream of Genie. And Ginger, and Mary Ann.
__________________
First rule of gun fighting: "have a gun!"

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 09:00   #43
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor
 
Texgunner's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4653
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Brokenoak in central Texas-Milam county
Posts: 8,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
Sorry to see you so twisted and blinded by hate and fear.

You should seek counseling. Good luck to you, in that regard.
I agree. It's not too late to get help man. It appears your obsession with homosexuality is getting worse. It's called denial, and there is help available for it. Somehow, your delusion and denial has caused you to defame Fred Rogers. Really? You are a seriously sick man; keep feeding this obsession and they'll start calling you "V Gay"...
__________________
"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 15:06   #44
jhend170
Registered
Contributor
 
jhend170's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 76477
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Somebody needs to watch American Beauty. The character of the neighbor father might strike a nerve.

Now about that counseling...
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 16:58   #45
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 18,003
I am history; it is very sad to listen to a bunch of guys, who never had a fight a week or two, as a kid.

I was picked on a bit as the"egghead", as I was skipped ahead from 2nd to 3rd grade; I had to earn my stripes and never back down.
Who likes the "newbie" AND smartest kid in the class???.........no one.

Like that Johnny Cash song... about a boy named sue.

As my dad said, fight until someone breaks it up, and they will. If not fight, until your're dead.

One of my best was at age 12; I was intercepted on my paper route by a 7th Day Adventist punk, who just did not like me riding by his school during afternoon recess. Maybe it was my hair?
He came from the schoolyard to the street and jumped me.

We fought nearly to the death, in my estimation, as I was going to win or die trying, before the schoolmaster broke it all up, and I was blamed by his other lying companions as having started it.

I told him that the other kid started it, off the playground, as I was ignoring his daily tauntings as I rode by.

I was told to never ride by again, by that sodomite asshole headmaster.

A 7th Day Adventist and his mother who knew me well, went to the school and had a long talk with the headmaster about me. Suffice it to say, have a good reputation with good people; it paid off.

Asswipe kid never said a word to me again, EXCEPT FOR THE APOLOGY; we both suffered bruises and in truth, I nearly lost that one. In a fight, do not fight fair; go for eyes, nose, etc. I suspect that the embarassed headmaster had a chat with his boys about lying to support the fighter.

The fact that only the current generation born around 2000 are going down the path of wearing kotex and believing the gender dysphoria bullshit, tells the tale about what they were taught by their fathers and Mr. Rogers types.

What fighting taught me was to never back down from an injustice, and I got my share of victories.

Such men can be found in every office and at every job site; bullies believe that they can intimidate and win.

I got one particular sodomite fired in 1979 from a State Job, for perjury and malfeasance, and who was also very gay, not that it mattered, but it did drive him to act like a woman.

Getting people fired is still almost impossible, but that case left a trail of broken and demoted involved people who went after the good newspaper boy, who never backs down from lying, larceny and injustice. I am still alive but have enemies yet, even after 40 years from that one and another half dozen fights.................the embezzler who took $250,000 still wants to kill me for ruining his life....................and he is out.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 17:23   #46
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 16,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
I am history; it is very sad to listen to a bunch of guys, who never had a fight a week or two, as a kid.

I was picked on a bit as the"egghead", as I was skipped ahead from 2nd to 3rd grade; I had to earn my stripes and never back down.
Who likes the "newbie" AND smartest kid in the class???.........no one.

Like that Johnny Cash song... about a boy named sue.

As my dad said, fight until someone breaks it up, and they will. If not fight, until your're dead.

One of my best was at age 12; I was intercepted on my paper route by a 7th Day Adventist punk, who just did not like me riding by his school during afternoon recess. Maybe it was my hair?
He came from the schoolyard to the street and jumped me.

We fought nearly to the death, in my estimation, as I was going to win or die trying, before the schoolmaster broke it all up, and I was blamed by his other lying companions as having started it.

I told him that the other kid started it, off the playground, as I was ignoring his daily tauntings as I rode by.

I was told to never ride by again, by that sodomite asshole headmaster.

A 7th Day Adventist and his mother who knew me well, went to the school and had a long talk with the headmaster about me. Suffice it to say, have a good reputation with good people; it paid off.

Asswipe kid never said a word to me again, EXCEPT FOR THE APOLOGY; we both suffered bruises and in truth, I nearly lost that one. In a fight, do not fight fair; go for eyes, nose, etc. I suspect that the embarassed headmaster had a chat with his boys about lying to support the fighter.

The fact that only the current generation born around 2000 are going down the path of wearing kotex and believing the gender dysphoria bullshit, tells the tale about what they were taught by their fathers and Mr. Rogers types.

What fighting taught me was to never back down from an injustice, and I got my share of victories.

Such men can be found in every office and at every job site; bullies believe that they can intimidate and win.

I got one particular sodomite fired in 1979 from a State Job, for perjury and malfeasance, and who was also very gay, not that it mattered, but it did drive him to act like a woman.

Getting people fired is still almost impossible, but that case left a trail of broken and demoted involved people who went after the good newspaper boy, who never backs down from lying, larceny and injustice. I am still alive but have enemies yet, even after 40 years from that one and another half dozen fights.................the embezzler who took $250,000 still wants to kill me for ruining his life....................and he is out.
Have you and RSS been taking the same pill?

Or the older I get the better I was?

My theory on fighting was try to get the first punch in and as hard as you could. Because you might not land anymore. I never picked a fight with anyone. But was constantly having to deal with it. I was smaller then but had a wicked smart ass mouth.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 17:28   #47
Slaughter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 73180
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,963
Hey there keyboard commando! Seems that when one goes through life wearing a KICK ME sign on their ass, they get kicked more often. Some people figure that out, some never do. Stupidity seems to get you into fights far more than intelligence keeps you out of them.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 18:12   #48
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
 
Andy the Aussie's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 216
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Down Under
Posts: 16,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
You know, I had plenty of WWII veterans around while I was growing up, too. Those who had first-hand combat experience didn't wave it around as a badge of honor or try to glorify it as 'masculine.' Very much the opposite.
....this. Most all had "proven" all they needed to years before. Anyone meeting them would not hear their tales of war, they were (in my small country town) the owner of the furniture store (two of three brothers, the third was waaay to young to have enlisted and his older brothers said that they were glad of this), a postman, a gardener, a hospital Wardsman...all men who lived quiet ordinary lives. The only day they were different was April 25 when the rest of the town turned out to applaud as they marched (the furniture store's loading dock was always where these men congregated before and after the march, there were beers shared, food cooked and Two Up played, but I had to pry small stories out of the one who I was very close to, it was never about the fighting(others told me about him doing that) but it was the heat, the food, the humidity, the sand (he served in Egypt and then was drawn back to PNG as the Japanese were coming down). The nearest I could ever get him to "war" was when I asked him about guns (I was that kid), he would happily talk about the No1Mk3, Bren and his favourite (and what he carried all through PNG) the Owen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by GOVT1911
You could do some searching and find a nice TLC and do the same thing, still saving a bunch of $$ and end up with a nice, comfortable CAPABLE rig...
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:48   #49
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 82779
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Last place USA
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Somehow, Hollywood has made a movie about Mr. Rogers the deviant. Like Pee Wee Herman, another PBS darling, NAMBLA was at work with this guys strategy.

I made sure that my kids who grew up in the 70's, knew all about this guys shortcomings, and anti masculinity, communist drivel.

Thank god there were plenty of child molestor warnings in schools, about not listening to strangers like Mr. Rogers... "would you be my friend, would you be mine?........... MINE WHAT?

It was if NAMBLA sunk money into PBS for this show, to brainwash victims for sexual abuse like the Priests did. Afterall this was the time period when all Gays came out, and AIDS was just getting established as ok.

Learning to shoot guns at the end of the 70's, my kids and others all got to shoot at bad guy images, some named Mr. Rogers, the child molestor at our farm dump.

Even some members of my extended family who were gay, were not as insipid and as bad a role model as that SOB was. Men use their heads, fists and guns, I taught.

4 lawyers and a cop, out of our farm junkyard shootups. Probably illegal today to teach minors to shoot and handle guns.


Not only me, but plenty of dads rejected that Mr Rogers and PBS devious homo strategy, designed to get kids into the back rooms of parish houses by making kids let their guards down..........you can be sure that the pedophiles imitated Mr. Rogers lilt and actions to a "T".

I’m sorry you had such a terrible childhood which progressed into an even worse adult life.
__________________
STAND FOR SOMETHING
Sh3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:51   #50
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 82779
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Last place USA
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
Mr. Rogers was a bit before my time. I was more interested in G.I. Joe, Thundercats, Transformers and He-Man!

I thought that this was impressive and inspiring, especially considering the social climate during the timeframe in which this aired.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...4&&FORM=VRDGAR
My favorites. Rock on buddy!
__________________
STAND FOR SOMETHING
Sh3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files