The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 08, 2019, 09:13   #1
Bubacus
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13971
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,804
Democrat Controlled Virginia ‘Working’ On Confiscating Guns From Law Abiding Citizens

Well from the guy who says it is OK to go after the defenseless with post-birth abortions, looks like he is on the move to go after the right to defend yourself.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/democ...-governor-says

Democrat Controlled Virginia ‘Working’ On Confiscating Guns From Law Abiding Citizens, Governor Says

Part of the story:

Far-left Virginia Democrat Governor Ralph Northam announced this week that he will aggressively work to implement extreme anti-gun laws in the state now that Democrats control the state, including confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens.

During a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Northam “mentioned universal background checks, banning the sale of [semi-automatic firearms] and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law that would empower a court to temporarily remove a gun from a person deemed to be a risk to himself or others,” The Washington Post reported.

“We will at least start with those,” Northam said.

When asked about confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens, Northam responded “that’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety,” adding that he will work with anti-gun activists on the issue.

The Washington Free Beacon reported that during the recent election, Democrat candidates were silent on whether they supported Northam’s extreme gun confiscation plan. The Free Beacon reports:

Gun confiscation and other gun control measures have been part of Northam’s agenda, but took on increased importance after a picture of two men, one in blackface and the other in KKK robes, was uncovered on Northam’s page in a medical school yearbook. In his first major public appearance after the scandal broke, Northam called for a special session of the legislature in order to reconsider his gun control package, following the recent strategy used by prominent liberals of pivoting to gun control after brushes with controversy.

Democrats have a strong incentive, in the form of millions in dark money, to implement new gun control laws. In each of the last three election cycles, Everytown for Gun Safety—backed by billionaire Michael Bloomberg—and other gun control groups have spent large sums of money backing Democrats. Everytown spent $2.5 million to help push Democrats into the majority in Virginia, while the National Rifle Association spent just $300,000 supporting Republicans, according to CNBC.

Northam is not the only leftist politician who has used the issue of control to distract from a racist blackface scandal.

On September 18, TIME reported that left-wing Canadian leader Justin Trudeau had appeared in numerous racist blackface photos, a scandal that nearly cost him his elected office.

However, just two days after the scandal broke, Trudeau immediately pivoted to pushing for far-left gun control policies, including banning handguns.

Trudeau tweeted, “Thoughts and prayers are not enough. We will ban all military-style assault rifles, give municipalities the ability to restrict or ban handguns, and strengthen gun control.”

Thoughts and prayers are not enough. We will ban all military-style assault rifles, give municipalities the ability to restrict or ban handguns, and strengthen gun control. pic.twitter.com/NvX0IBtAU5

— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) September 20, 2019

On Thursday, it was reported that Bloomberg was preparing to run for president in 2020 after seeing Joe Biden’s campaign falter.

A New York Times analysis of Bloomberg’s gun control views from a few years ago found that his views are far outside anything that is considered to be mainstream:

His flagship bill is New York Senator Charles Schumer’s “Fix Gun Checks Act.” The proposal follows model language from Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” campaign. According to my analysis of the bill, this version of background checks would outlaw loaning a firearm to one’s spouse or sibling for two weeks. Or sharing a firearm on one’s property — such was target shooting with a guest, or loaning a gun to a ranch hand. And sharing guns while target shooting on federal land where it is allowed, such as on National Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management property.

The bill would felonize a couple who are not legally married, but who share firearms at a target range. Or a member of the Army Reserve who is summoned to overseas deployment, and who stored personal guns with a sibling or a trusted friend. Also criminalized is the friend who lends a gun to a stalking victim for a few days.

John Tkazyik, former Mayor of Poughkeepsie in New York, belonged to one of Bloomberg’s gun control groups until he realized how extreme the group was and that their goal was to confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens. Tkazyik wrote in 2014:

I’m no longer a member of [Mayors Against Illegal Guns]. Why? Just as Ronald Reagan said of the Democratic Party, it left me. And I’m not alone: Nearly 50 pro-Second Amendment mayors have left the organization. They left for the same reason I did. MAIG became a vehicle for Bloomberg to promote his personal gun-control agenda — violating the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens and taking resources away from initiatives that could actually work to protect our neighborhoods and save precious lives. Gun control will actually make a bad situation worse.
__________________
Bubacus
Bubacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 09:27   #2
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 748
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Posts: 13,178
Well,

I've loved staying in Charlottesville and had plans to move there in the future. This forever changes that. Good luck to those stuck behind enemy lines.

Thorack
__________________
1. Whenever you are talking to a woman realize this person was born insane and you will never be surprised.

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 09:48   #3
Jarhead504
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 65022
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans Area,LA
Posts: 4,104
I am shocked that Virginia went communist. Virginia for crying out loud! One of the birthplaces of Liberty and now filled with The Asshole Vote.

Jarhead
__________________
Confiscation Leads To Assassination.
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 14:11   #4
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 1,625
What has occurred in Virginia is that the populous area of northern Virginia filled to overflowing with people (mostly not from Virginia) who make their living off the federal government directly or indirectly coupled with soccer moms and (probably) illegal voters succeeded in electing socialists, themselves funded with millions of $$$ from the likes of Bloomberg and Soros. Leftist enclaves like Charlottesville, Richmond, and Virginia Beach to the east finished things off. Left without hopes of any effective representation is the area south of I64 and west of I95, mostly rural areas with 'real' Virginians, not the carpet bagger leftists.

Those of you shaking your heads and thinking how glad you are it isn't happening to you can think again. There hardly is a state without large urban areas being run by DNC leftists. Control the cities and you control the entire state. Its simple mathematics. Soros is spending millions on local and state races to elect local and state officials who think like him. Electing local prosecutors is a big prize for him.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 15:24   #5
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
What has occurred in Virginia is that the populous area of northern Virginia filled to overflowing with people (mostly not from Virginia) who make their living off the federal government directly or indirectly coupled with soccer moms and (probably) illegal voters succeeded in electing socialists, themselves funded with millions of $$$ from the likes of Bloomberg and Soros. Leftist enclaves like Charlottesville, Richmond, and Virginia Beach to the east finished things off. Left without hopes of any effective representation is the area south of I64 and west of I95, mostly rural areas with 'real' Virginians, not the carpet bagger leftists.

Those of you shaking your heads and thinking how glad you are it isn't happening to you can think again. There hardly is a state without large urban areas being run by DNC leftists. Control the cities and you control the entire state. Its simple mathematics. Soros is spending millions on local and state races to elect local and state officials who think like him. Electing local prosecutors is a big prize for him.
About sums it up...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 15:26   #6
haldir
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80441
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 12
So will they be wearing black face when they do the round up?
haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 15:53   #7
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by haldir View Post
So will they be wearing black face when they do the round up?
Nope....brown shirts....
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 16:15   #8
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,994
DC and suburbs rule Va, like NYC rules NYS.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 17:03   #9
357ross
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 47543
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
What has occurred in Virginia is that the populous area of northern Virginia filled to overflowing with people (mostly not from Virginia) who make their living off the federal government directly or indirectly coupled with soccer moms and (probably) illegal voters succeeded in electing socialists, themselves funded with millions of $$$ from the likes of Bloomberg and Soros. Leftist enclaves like Charlottesville, Richmond, and Virginia Beach to the east finished things off. Left without hopes of any effective representation is the area south of I64 and west of I95, mostly rural areas with 'real' Virginians, not the carpet bagger leftists.

Those of you shaking your heads and thinking how glad you are it isn't happening to you can think again. There hardly is a state without large urban areas being run by DNC leftists. Control the cities and you control the entire state. Its simple mathematics. Soros is spending millions on local and state races to elect local and state officials who think like him. Electing local prosecutors is a big prize for him.
The part of this equation no one will talk about is the GoP's perfect willingness to roll over and die. They put no money into these races and did not produce good viable candidates. Furthermore, outside money (soros) flows into these democrap candidates. Why is the gop so willing to just die?
357ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 17:08   #10
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
The part of this equation no one will talk about is the GoP's perfect willingness to roll over and die. They put no money into these races and did not produce good viable candidates. Furthermore, outside money (soros) flows into these democrap candidates. Why is the gop so willing to just die?
Because why do they care?

Most of them are already rich and old and don't care a chit about us or the nation.

Plus as the 'opposition' party they get to ride on the wagon but don't have to do ANYTHING but occasionally make a limp-wristed protest vote.

heck, remember when they controlled the House and the Senate and the White House and did NOTHING?

Only thing I can think of that they did was remove the individual mandate tax penalty and change the tax deductions a little bit. Good things, but that should have taken 2 days and then what else did they do? squat and nada
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 17:45   #11
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,128
Sure, Dems won control of the General Assembly, but the margin is still narrow and I’m hopeful that this election lit a fire under the Virginia GOP and if the Dems want to hold popular majority going into a major election year and maintain some momentum, I’m thinking the GC that may actually have a shot at passing will be comparatively moderate compared to the draconian AW ban that has been purposed. After all, these virtue signaling Dems will pass one thing and then claim they “stood up to the NRA,” and brought about “real change,” while ultimately doing little to nothing.

That said, I’m definitely considering relocating out of Virginia in the next few years.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns

Last edited by VALMET; November 08, 2019 at 18:21.
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 18:29   #12
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor
 
tdb59's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 63177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ironsman.com
Posts: 11,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by embatp View Post
Nope....brown shirts....
What are you SA ying ?


.....................
__________________
“The means of defense against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home." - James Madison
........
Drive a rifle, or ride in a railcar
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 18:45   #13
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
What are you SA ying ?


.....................
Exactly....
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 18:50   #14
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,604
Don't worry, the NRA will be on the scene to fight this all the way to....

oh, right... NRA...No Response Always
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 18:59   #15
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by embatp View Post
Nope....brown shirts....
So when do you suppose the will finally rename their party to reflect what they really stand for.....The National Socialist Party......
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 19:14   #16
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 1,625
There were a wealth of local positions where Democrats ran unopposed. That leftist beech riding her bicycle and giving the finger to President Trump as his motorcade passed won a seat on her county board. We all have to realize that ALL POLITICS ARE LOCAL! The socialists are killing us locally while we are all focused on national elections.

How many of us ever thought that those elected to take care of the business we didn't have time for would morph into some elite monster whose main agenda was to strengthen themselves while stealing the individual rights away from us? We The People have a hard choice. Do we stand for our rights regardless of the results or bend the knee in hopes we will be eaten last?

Ralph 'Coonman' Northam is a traitor to the Constitution. So are his staff. .
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 20:20   #17
Andraste
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80827
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NC
Posts: 203
RIP Virginia.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 20:41   #18
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,454
""Far-left Virginia Democrat Governor Ralph Northam announced this week that he will aggressively work to implement extreme anti-gun laws in the state now that Democrats control the state, including confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens.

During a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Northam “mentioned universal background checks, banning the sale of [semi-automatic firearms] and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law that would empower a court to temporarily remove a gun from a person deemed to be a risk to himself or others,” The Washington Post reported.

We will at least start with those,” Northam said.


Confiscating guns from law abiding citizens........


Some citizens will consider that,,,a major triggering event.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 20:47   #19
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
heck, remember when they controlled the House and the Senate and the White House and did NOTHING?

Only thing I can think of that they did was remove the individual mandate tax penalty and change the tax deductions a little bit. Good things, but that should have taken 2 days and then what else did they do? squat and nada
Yep, the R brand has been run into the dirt.

I bet the Dems won't be such slackers when they eventually control all 3.




..............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 23:30   #20
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Sure, Dems won control of the General Assembly, but the margin is still narrow and I’m hopeful that this election lit a fire under the Virginia GOP and if the Dems want to hold popular majority going into a major election year and maintain some momentum, I’m thinking the GC that may actually have a shot at passing will be comparatively moderate compared to the draconian AW ban that has been purposed. After all, these virtue signaling Dems will pass one thing and then claim they “stood up to the NRA,” and brought about “real change,” while ultimately doing little to nothing.

That said, I’m definitely considering relocating out of Virginia in the next few years.
I encourage y'all to move to Georgia and reinforce our position here.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 00:17   #21
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,034
Virginia sucks. I hope all their shit gets confiscated. If they roll over like a dead beaver then so be it. But maybe they will stand up for their rights......like the gun owners in California 🥺
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 00:38   #22
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,034
Virginia sucks. I hope all their shit gets confiscated. If they roll over like a dead beaver then so be it. But maybe they will stand up for their rights......like the gun owners in California 🥺
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:36   #23
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 82779
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Last place USA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
What has occurred in Virginia is that the populous area of northern Virginia filled to overflowing with people (mostly not from Virginia) who make their living off the federal government directly or indirectly coupled with soccer moms and (probably) illegal voters succeeded in electing socialists, themselves funded with millions of $$$ from the likes of Bloomberg and Soros. Leftist enclaves like Charlottesville, Richmond, and Virginia Beach to the east finished things off. Left without hopes of any effective representation is the area south of I64 and west of I95, mostly rural areas with 'real' Virginians, not the carpet bagger leftists.

Those of you shaking your heads and thinking how glad you are it isn't happening to you can think again. There hardly is a state without large urban areas being run by DNC leftists. Control the cities and you control the entire state. Its simple mathematics. Soros is spending millions on local and state races to elect local and state officials who think like him. Electing local prosecutors is a big prize for him.

So, let me ask...what’s your reasoning for “red” states who's “conservative” republican politicians are also enacting new gun control laws?

This isn’t just a leftist, Democrat problem. It’s the so called right that’s screwing us as well.
__________________
STAND FOR SOMETHING
Sh3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:38   #24
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 82779
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Last place USA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
The part of this equation no one will talk about is the GoP's perfect willingness to roll over and die. They put no money into these races and did not produce good viable candidates. Furthermore, outside money (soros) flows into these democrap candidates. Why is the gop so willing to just die?
Because they are the same people. Just different slogans and lies.
__________________
STAND FOR SOMETHING
Sh3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:42   #25
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 82779
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Last place USA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
The part of this equation no one will talk about is the GoP's perfect willingness to roll over and die. They put no money into these races and did not produce good viable candidates. Furthermore, outside money (soros) flows into these democrap candidates. Why is the gop so willing to just die?
I also blame trump. When all the other scum bags saw the president resign his campaign promises to protect our 2a rights they quickly followed suit.

All the while the idiots keep proclaiming it’s the left, it’s the democrats!

Dip shits.
__________________
STAND FOR SOMETHING
Sh3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:44   #26
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,900
Watching this.

If the people of Virginia acquiesce to this, so will the rest of the country.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 04:49   #27
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Watching this.

If the people of Virginia acquiesce to this, so will the rest of the country.
then at long last, final victory over the hated deplorable irredeemable bitter clingers.


ain't that right agent #43?
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 05:06   #28
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,900
wut?
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 07:16   #29
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Watching this.

If the people of Virginia acquiesce to this, so will the rest of the country.
California...........been there done that....
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 10:44   #30
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,034
Texas is next
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:13   #31
D P Six
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 15219
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,646
Even the Great Man’s horse Traveller is rotating in he’s grave.
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:21   #32
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,454
I would expect,,,on shit like this being done in other states,,,a nominal 5/6% compliance rate,,,and like in other states,,,with 95% non compliance,,,ain;t much the state can do with that many citizens saying,,,go pound sand.

As more and more states pass this stupid shit,,and are told to pound sand,,,one day,,,enough will have passed this crap,,,they decide to actually try and enforce what they've passed,,,then it gets real exciting,,,really fast is my guess.

I hope they try and enforce this in VA,,,or CT,,,,or MA,,,,or NY,,,,or CA,,,get a crew together,,,pull out the lists of American Citizens who own,, now illegal common firearms,,and hit them houses hard and heavy,shoot them up,,,kill otherwise lawful citizens in their own homes,,seize those evil guns.

Hell,,,I dare them to pull that shit,,statewide any where in this nation.

ACE Hardware will need to order a LOT of extra rope when they pull this shit here.

Passing these laws is just partisan politics,,,attempting to enforce these laws wholesale,,,is a call to arms.

Is there really anyone here,,,knowing that these people are hitting homes down the block from them,,,that won't fight back??????

No registration and sure as hell,,,non compliance with confiscation.

Folks need or,,,might wish to ask themselves,,,if I turn in all my firearms,,,what has always followed in other nations when that occurred.

There are far worst things that can happen to a man than simply dieing.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:26   #33
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I would expect,,,on shit like this being done in other states,,,a nominal 5/6% compliance rate,,,and like in other states,,,with 95% non compliance,,,ain;t much the state can do with that many citizens saying,,,go pound sand.

As more and more states pass this stupid shit,,and are told to pound sand,,,one day,,,enough will have passed this crap,,,they decide to actually try and enforce what they've passed,,,then it gets real exciting,,,really fast is my guess.

I hope they try and enforce this in VA,,,or CT,,,,or MA,,,,or NY,,,,or CA,,,get a crew together,,,pull out the lists of American Citizens who own,, now illegal common firearms,,and hit them houses hard and heavy,shoot them up,,,kill otherwise lawful citizens in their own homes,,seize those evil guns.

Hell,,,I dare them to pull that shit,,statewide any where in this nation.

ACE Hardware will need to order a LOT of extra rope when they pull this shit here.

Passing these laws is just partisan politics,,,attempting to enforce these laws wholesale,,,is a call to arms.

Is there really anyone here,,,knowing that these people are hitting homes down the block from them,,,that won't fight back??????

No registration and sure as hell,,,non compliance with confiscation.

Folks need or,,,might wish to ask themselves,,,if I turn in all my firearms,,,what has always followed in other nations when that occurred.

There are far worst things that can happen to a man than simply dieing.
It comes down to fight or get murdered. I hope many will choose to fight and bring the fight to the enemy.

Think how many people already hate cops. They start pulling raids and killing people, it probably would not be hard to rally gang members and criminals to work with newly minted criminals to combine forces, numbers and tactics to strike down any agencies that try to enforce these unconstitutional laws and violations of civil rights.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:36   #34
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It comes down to fight or get murdered. I hope many will choose to fight and bring the fight to the enemy.

Think how many people already hate cops. They start pulling raids and killing people, it probably would not be hard to rally gang members and criminals to work with newly minted criminals to combine forces, numbers and tactics to strike down any agencies that try to enforce these unconstitutional laws and violations of civil rights.
And that will be the two choices available.

Passing this crap is one thing,,,enforcement is the real kicker.

Disarming citizens is simply a step in their grand plans,,,,its the grand plan for afterwards that people need to be worried about.

Being armed,,is all thats keeping these lunatics in check right now.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:40   #35
garandguy10
Registered
 
garandguy10's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10840
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: some where
Posts: 3,984
Welcome to Kalifornia East...... How you'all liking it so far?

Just wait until they start shutting the electricity off when the wind blows.......Lol
garandguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:48   #36
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,548
meh'

Northern VA is basically DC suburbs...deep state types

more rural parts are rather Conservative
this is reflects major population shifts and not so much a change in long time citizen's values

again, it's Urban versus Rural
Urban Washington DC employed bureaucrats flooding into VA
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:57   #37
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
wut?
derp?
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 13:59   #38
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandguy10 View Post
Welcome to Kalifornia East...... How you'all liking it so far?

Just wait until they start shutting the electricity off when the wind blows.......Lol
So it’s when it blows from the right......
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 14:25   #39
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
meh'

Northern VA is basically DC suburbs...deep state types

more rural parts are rather Conservative
this is reflects major population shifts and not so much a change in long time citizen's values

again, it's Urban versus Rural
Urban Washington DC employed bureaucrats flooding into VA
Richmond area and VA Beach/Hampton/Norfolk area aren’t helping either unfortunately. I spent all day Tues at the polls encouraging folks to vote GOP.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 14:57   #40
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Richmond area and VA Beach/Hampton/Norfolk area aren’t helping either unfortunately. I spent all day Tues at the polls encouraging folks to vote GOP.
What I have been hearing is it's not minorities so much as Urban Whites driving voting in those districts. Him and his wife, Liberatarians figured it was a big fracture among minorities, less so with Caucasians. They are mostly Black and both very political.

I'd like to hear your opinion too

thanks
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 15:59   #41
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Richmond area and VA Beach/Hampton/Norfolk area aren’t helping either unfortunately. I spent all day Tues at the polls encouraging folks to vote GOP.
When people are promised free shit,,,,they will gladly give up all of their rights for a free bowl of luke warm soup, and a dry blanket.

I read that somewhere,,can't remember who wrote it,,,but it sums up today for millions upon millions of people.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 16:07   #42
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
What I have been hearing is it's not minorities so much as Urban Whites driving voting in those districts. Him and his wife, Liberatarians figured it was a big fracture among minorities, less so with Caucasians. They are mostly Black and both very political.

I'd like to hear your opinion too

thanks
It’s the minorities and whites. Richmond is kinda like a slightly smaller Austin TX- Virginia Commonwealth University is the largest landowner in Central Va. It is always expanding its campus and as a “liberal arts” center, it’s a draw for East Coast millennials, and, unfortunately, they bring thei politics with them.

While I despise it’s politics, Richmond is a great city- it is arguably the foodie capital of the East Coast (save NYC), it has great public parks, it has tremendous history and culture, but it’s unfortunately become overly progressive in the process. I’m a VCU alum (MA), my thesis was on the Richmond Armory during the Civil War, I have lots of great friends and family here, but I took my state flag down last week as I’m truly ashamed for Virginia and am really considering relocating.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 16:43   #43
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
It’s the minorities and whites. Richmond is kinda like a slightly smaller Austin TX- Virginia Commonwealth University is the largest landowner in Central Va. It is always expanding its campus and as a “liberal arts” center, it’s a draw for East Coast millennials, and, unfortunately, they bring thei politics with them.

While I despise it’s politics, Richmond is a great city- it is arguably the foodie capital of the East Coast (save NYC), it has great public parks, it has tremendous history and culture, but it’s unfortunately become overly progressive in the process. I’m a VCU alum (MA), my thesis was on the Richmond Armory during the Civil War, I have lots of great friends and family here, but I took my state flag down last week as I’m truly ashamed for Virginia and am really considering relocating.
Relocating to where...?

I relocated to Colorado from New York going on 40 years ago, and here I am (if you catch my drift)...

When a country is lost, do States of residence really matter much anymore?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 16:49   #44
7.62FMJ
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 2274
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 62
Article from 2014.

One in nine virginians is now foreign born compaired to one in one hundred just forty years ago.

One in nine Virginians was born outside of the United States, while 40 years ago that was true of only one in 100 Virginians, according to University of Virginia researchers in the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service’s Demographics Research Group. Foreign-born Virginians make up 15 percent of the state’s workforce.

This finding and others related to immigrants in Virginia are detailed in a Census Brief released today, the third in a series of short publications depicting trends in census and other data of interest to the commonwealth.

https://news.virginia.edu/content/uv...s-foreign-born



This is why they are placing large groups of foreigners in relatively traditional values states. They know that Demographics is destiny since the foreigners generally are only here looking for handouts and will vote accordingly. This is your government that you pay with your taxes, fund their pension funds, working to actively replace the peoples who founded this nation and insure that the Constitution is voted out of existence.
7.62FMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 16:53   #45
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Relocating to where...?

I relocated to Colorado from New York going on 40 years ago, and here I am (if you catch my drift)...

When a country is lost, do States of residence really matter much anymore?

Forrest
Tennessee or Texas most likely.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 17:06   #46
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3008 View Post
So, let me ask...what’s your reasoning for “red” states who's “conservative” republican politicians are also enacting new gun control laws?

This isn’t just a leftist, Democrat problem. It’s the so called right that’s screwing us as well.
You should lay down that "Democrat vs Republican" baggage. Its just a distraction. There is only freedom and liberty on one end and tyranny on the other with varying degrees of either in between. Lots of 'R's' have slid towards the tyranny end. Never be surprised.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 17:17   #47
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Tennessee or Texas most likely.
If you really must relocate, Tennessee is much higher than Texas on my list today (in spite of chiggers and mostly because Texas is already lost too)...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 18:12   #48
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
It’s the minorities and whites. Richmond is kinda like a slightly smaller Austin TX- Virginia Commonwealth University is the largest landowner in Central Va. It is always expanding its campus and as a “liberal arts” center, it’s a draw for East Coast millennials, and, unfortunately, they bring thei politics with them.

While I despise it’s politics, Richmond is a great city- it is arguably the foodie capital of the East Coast (save NYC), it has great public parks, it has tremendous history and culture, but it’s unfortunately become overly progressive in the process. I’m a VCU alum (MA), my thesis was on the Richmond Armory during the Civil War, I have lots of great friends and family here, but I took my state flag down last week as I’m truly ashamed for Virginia and am really considering relocating.
Richmond truly is or was
I did several shows there in the late 90s, just great people of all shades and colors back then

some high lights of those trips:
on the way back from Richmond stopped off at Lexington. So I buy some watermelon to take home to MN
skinny old Black guy warns me you best hide these good, my folks will break your windows over field fresh melon. He was serious

Another trip had an oldster Black at the Richmond show who bought up a mess of ratty Civil War guns and crap
what messed me up was here was a coal black dude with a Confederate Kepi on his head. I snickered some, old guy asked why and I told him
He proceeded to pull out a copy of some ancestors paperwork. Ancestor was a Freeman, owned slaves and fought for the CSA. He was damn proud
Ended up partying with the family at Black clubs over the weekend
really shifted where I was at mentally. Met other Blacks with CSA heritage
just good ole' boys and sisters
Second and last trip out east I stayed with them

even back then youngsters were getting sucked into dogma, reperations talk

adults way less so

I assume VA Beach/Hampton/Norfolk are highly Caucasian ?
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 18:23   #49
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Richmond truly is or was
I did several shows there in the late 90s, just great people of all shades and colors back then

some high lights of those trips:
on the way back from Richmond stopped off at Lexington. So I buy some watermelon to take home to MN
skinny old Black guy warns me you best hide these good, my folks will break your windows over field fresh melon. He was serious

Another trip had an oldster Black at the Richmond show who bought up a mess of ratty Civil War guns and crap
what messed me up was here was a coal black dude with a Confederate Kepi on his head. I snickered some, old guy asked why and I told him
He proceeded to pull out a copy of some ancestors paperwork. Ancestor was a Freeman, owned slaves and fought for the CSA. He was damn proud
Ended up partying with the family at Black clubs over the weekend
really shifted where I was at mentally. Met other Blacks with CSA heritage
just good ole' boys and sisters
Second and last trip out east I stayed with them

even back then youngsters were getting sucked into dogma, reperations talk

adults way less so

I assume VA Beach/Hampton/Norfolk are highly Caucasian ?
VA Beach/Hampton/Norfolk- pretty much all black now. Oldsters/gun show guys are aging/dying out and the dynamic is gradually changing in central and coastal va now.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 18:52   #50
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
What has occurred in Virginia is that the populous area of northern Virginia filled to overflowing with people (mostly not from Virginia) who make their living off the federal government directly or indirectly coupled with soccer moms and (probably) illegal voters succeeded in electing socialists, themselves funded with millions of $$$ from the likes of Bloomberg and Soros. Leftist enclaves like Charlottesville, Richmond, and Virginia Beach to the east finished things off. Left without hopes of any effective representation is the area south of I64 and west of I95, mostly rural areas with 'real' Virginians, not the carpet bagger leftists.

Those of you shaking your heads and thinking how glad you are it isn't happening to you can think again. There hardly is a state without large urban areas being run by DNC leftists. Control the cities and you control the entire state. Its simple mathematics. Soros is spending millions on local and state races to elect local and state officials who think like him. Electing local prosecutors is a big prize for him.
Arizona is on their list. They increasingly gain ground in the urban areas. Here in Kingman (Mohave county) we are largely red--but we only have a couple hundred thousand people.
Phoenix, Tuscon have all the peeps--and are largely blue. It's a matter of time.
Most folks that 'matter' arent having kids. Been duped into sterilization or 1.2 kids if any. The others though are reproducing at an alarming rate, and they vote commie.

Last edited by Heisser Mann; November 09, 2019 at 18:58.
Heisser Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files