The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old October 21, 2019, 10:46   #1101
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
State of affairs on EMP. The swamp creatures are fighting to make sure no one does anything. If EMP is "fake science", why does the DOD go to the lengths it does to harden systems?
https://www.realcleardefense.com/art...st_114802.html
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2019, 11:29   #1102
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
All fine and dandy...until the next ultra solar coronal ejaculation.

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 19:52   #1103
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
A side idea has crossed my mind about EMP or maybe more in the line of signal jamming. I now own several of the ATN night vision scopes with tons of onboard electronics from auto ranging, compensating for uphill or downhill shots, some with video recording, Bluetooth and more. How easy would it be for DARPA to develop an in field tool a special ops team could activate and shut down the electronics in all night vision devices that do not have a very specialized shielding that only allow their devices to continue functioning once they push the button.

I believe we likely have drones that can go on station above an operation that not only take out the enemies communications but likey as I am thinking an enemies night vision and other electronic devices while allowing our teams devices to work 100%. How bad would it suck if a military team was dispatched against civilians with such a device or the technology shared with law enforcement SWAT teams so all the $2,000 and more night vision tools civilians are now purchasing just quit working when they come to kick down our doors. Selected and highly focused "EMP" devices that can be aimed at a single sniper or patrol and put them back into the stone age when working in darkness.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 20:11   #1104
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
They have a full range of capabilities....

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 21:53   #1105
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

It's why I have not abandoned my U.S. and Soviet Gen 1 or Gen 2 no frills night vision equipment as expect it to be less susceptible to directed interference. ATN is making two versions of some of their night vision, one with all the bells and whistles plus a model with just basic night vision or thermal features and no wireless, video, etc. Have been buying both and working on ways to shield the majority of the units from wide spectrum radio frequencies. All am leaving exposed is the front lense and the eyepiece. Like the anti thermal suits that reduce a person's thermal signature and I.R. signature upwards of 90%. If the new Fusion devices that combine Starlight and Thermal at likely Gen 4 or 5 levels won't find folks wearing the stuff it would not be filtering to civilian market even in small quantities and high prices.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 25, 2019, 21:58   #1106
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
It's why I have not abandoned my U.S. and Soviet Gen 1 or Gen 2 no frills night vision equipment as expect it to be less susceptible to directed interference. ATN is making two versions of some of their night vision, one with all the bells and whistles plus a model with just basic night vision or thermal features and no wireless, video, etc. Have been buying both and working on ways to shield the majority of the units from wide spectrum radio frequencies. All am leaving exposed is the front lense and the eyepiece. Like the anti thermal suits that reduce a person's thermal signature and I.R. signature upwards of 90%. If the new Fusion devices that combine Starlight and Thermal at likely Gen 4 or 5 levels won't find folks wearing the stuff it would not be filtering to civilian market even in small quantities and high prices.
Got a location/site selling for the basic model above???????

I've used ATN stuff that others have,,,,but zero desire to learn all the crap hanging off them.

Anything other than an on and off switch is crap to me.

Old October 25, 2019, 23:13   #1107
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Got a location/site selling for the basic model above??????? I've used ATN stuff that others have,,,,but zero desire to learn all the crap hanging off them.Anything other than an on and off switch is crap to me.
Scroll about half way down the page and there are two Thor LT Thermal models. One is 3-6x, 4-8x and a 4-12x LT models. Site does not show the 4-12x LT model yet. They mount in 30mm rings and like my 4-8x on to of a 6.8 spc II AR 15s.

Quote:
ATN Corp is proud to present the ThOR LT, a powerful yet compact thermal rifle scopes series. It’s an amazing addition to the already proven ATN line of thermal and night vision optics. We have stripped the “bells and whistles” making it more simple and easier to use. It is everything our customers have asked for. A close range scope that provides outstanding performance at a price that is affordable to the average hunter. If you are looking for compact, lightweight and most important - an affordable thermal solution then the ThOR LT is what you're after.
https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-hd#dc32

They have their new 4K day/night scopes with one shot sight in and bling you can ignore for $699 for the 3-14x and $699 for the 5-20x. Not the best night vision and will want an auxiliary I.R. Illuminator bit for the money beat no night vision scope. Trick is mount I.R. Illuminators under eves of house so you don't light yourself up as the target if use rifle or helmet mounted I.R. Illuminator. Use strong enough I.R. unit mounted on house it can wash out opposition's night vision unless military grade.

I really like my Gen 2+ CGT Starlight as is basic and have them in 4x and 6x fixed power. Run two 4x on AR 15s and 6x on an AR 10 and a turn bolt. Also have a Gen 3 white phosphorus but the black and white viewer trashes my night vision when lift off and the Gen 2+ green and black does not cause a blind eye when lift off scope. I am saving up for a Starlight/Thermal fusion monocular that allows user to go Starlight, Thermal or blend the two to suit their needs. Also have a nifty adapter that mounts a Leupold Tracker to Norotos MICH helmet mount and holds it proper distance from eye and shields backscatter off users face.
Old November 16, 2019, 13:12   #1108
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

This came in from the task force. There are some interesting questions. Judge for yourself. I am trying to find out just where this originated from.
Resolution Research Survey on Preparedness:
The purpose of this study is to gauge the opinions of American residents with regards to our safety and preparedness for the many types of natural or man-made disasters that may affect our lives. We appreciate you taking 5-10 minutes of your time to share your opinion and let your voice be heard. Please share OUTSIDE of our normal “grid security” awareness circles!
https://resolutionresearch.sjc1.qual...?pid=infragard
Old November 16, 2019, 13:50   #1109
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
This came in from the task force. There are some interesting questions. Judge for yourself. I am trying to find out just where this originated from.
Resolution Research Survey on Preparedness:
The purpose of this study is to gauge the opinions of American residents with regards to our safety and preparedness for the many types of natural or man-made disasters that may affect our lives. We appreciate you taking 5-10 minutes of your time to share your opinion and let your voice be heard. Please share OUTSIDE of our normal “grid security” awareness circles!
https://resolutionresearch.sjc1.qual...?pid=infragard
Feds shut it down already.

Old November 16, 2019, 14:41   #1110
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Wow,
I was on it two or three days ago. Questions got a little to invasive. How much food and water do you have. How much in silver or gold do you have? etc.
Old November 16, 2019, 15:21   #1111
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Wow,
I was on it two or three days ago. Questions got a little to invasive. How much food and water do you have. How much in silver or gold do you have? etc.
All "studies" are funded by feds or colleges,,that are funded by the feds,,,only people that have enough money to conduct a huge study.

If anyone is conducting a "study" I assure you,,they are collecting all the information they can,,,for "other concerns",,,be it on people or how prepared people are to withstand their plans.

Its simply is crazy to me,,,how much private information/or information that can be used against people,,,these same people will give up,,,just to participate in any "study".

How often do you brush your teeth???

How often do you go to the dentist????

Seems harmless.

Until you know,,,,how often one brushes their teeth,,,lines up with people they know also supports,,,,, A,B,or C

People that see the dentist,,,twice a year for instance.

Those folks (more often than not) have money,,,,have insurance,,have a job,,,have an advanced education,,not prone to illegal drugs,,,most likely own their own homes,,drives a car only three or four yrs old,,,prone or not prone to violent acting out,,,conventional in their thinking,,,not prone to attend protest moments,,,and on and on and on.

Harmless sounding questions,,,,can tell a ton about a person, persons,,even the act of completing a survey can be judged against other known traits of people in the community,,who also complete surveys.

Weighing the responses,,,against known "norms" can predict changes in peoples perceptions over a wide range of events.

There are NO harmless studies.

I could target a group of people,,,,wanting to know,,,A,B,or C about them.

If I have good data/have established a baseline (norms) with a control group,,,then my questions may seem,,,strange or not related to anything,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,they are.

My TRUE question I want answered,,,,how many guns do certain "type" people own in some location or another?

I've established a good solid baseline,,,with a control group,,got my "norms" with them.

This control group told me,,,this many people of this age,,,similar location, race,,,education level,,own homes,,drives a car less than four yrs old,etc,,,,,owns this many guns on average with this much stored ammunition.

Say 40%.

The control group,,,also told me,,,,that 42% watch a college football game on Saturday,,,75% of the time during the season.

My question to my target group,,,,how often do you watch a college football game,,,during the season?

Do I give a shit about football,,,hell no.

I want to know,,,how many guns and how much ammo you got at home.

If my correlation between watching the games on Saturday corresponds to how many guns and ammo you got at home,,,,,,,,,asking about football,,just got me the answer to my "true" question I needed answered for my bosses.

People with guns won;t speak about how many guns they got,,,,,,,but they see no harm in talking about how much football they watch.

An over simplification of this shit above,,,,but it works,,trust me,,,.......................

Don't answer questions on any study or survey................

Old November 18, 2019, 19:56   #1112
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Made available for emergency managers.
https://michaelmabee.info/the-cavalry-is-not-coming/
Old November 18, 2019, 20:14   #1113
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Five years and basicly no progress. Israel and to some extent Russia and China have addressed the issues. We in the west, that have really built the 21st century world, sit fat, dumb and happy. No sure what to say any more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtOz...ature=youtu.be
Old November 18, 2019, 20:29   #1114
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Made available for emergency managers.
https://michaelmabee.info/the-cavalry-is-not-coming/
Many of us have been aware of this for a very long time now.

Be prepared to take care of you and yours.

Old November 18, 2019, 20:34   #1115
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Then there is the political nut jobs. I think the Demo rats would kill everyone that was not falling in line. This level of irresponsibility clearly indicates in my book they are not rational in any way.
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/ele.../15/id/941939/
Old November 18, 2019, 23:04   #1116
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Then there is the political nut jobs. I think the Demo rats would kill everyone that was not falling in line. This level of irresponsibility clearly indicates in my book they are not rational in any way.
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/ele.../15/id/941939/
A few things come to mind quickly with these people.

It would cost billions to fix the systems,,,billions they could not spend on gender programs,,food stamps, intercity boondoggles, etc.

If the billions are spent,,,,hard working men would be getting thousands of construction jobs,,,reducing their dependence on the state,,,,pay checks are bad,,,welfare is good,,,people with paychecks vote R and people on welfare vote D.

Why has the infrastructure bill not been voted upon,,,or the new trade agreement with Canada and Mexico,,,,because it benefits working men and women,,,and that benefits Trump in their way of thinking.

And the big one,,,,,these lunatics,,,want the population reduced by half to 2/3rds and would welcome the evil USA being reduced to pauper status for our past sins,,,in their feeble little minds.

Old December 02, 2019, 17:20   #1117
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Came from the taskforce. The thing to remember is that the Russians have used EMP mortar rounds over a decade ago. Some of this technology is filtering out. EMP may not be one big blast but a half dozen smaller ones.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...es-ncna1091101