The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Optics

Notices

Old July 24, 2019, 13:17   #1
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Optics Planet

So I ordered two Leupold 2x7 scopes that were supposed to have an illuminated retical. Got the order today and I got two Leupold scopes without the illuminated reticle. I called them after I looked up their website making sure they advertised it as illuminated and it was. I told them they sent me the wrong scopes and they said it was a mistake on their website because Leupold doesn't make that model anymore.

I told them they clearly advertised the product yet sent me different scopes and the guy offered to sell me something else. I told him I was very unhappy that they would send me scopes I didn't want then offer to make it right by selling me a more expensive scope.

I suggest if you decide to do business with these folks that you realize they are liars. They knew they didn't have the product I ordered and sent me something else. Never again.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2019, 13:30   #2
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
So I ordered two Leupold 2x7 scopes that were supposed to have an illuminated retical. Got the order today and I got two Leupold scopes without the illuminated reticle. I called them after I looked up their website making sure they advertised it as illuminated and it was. I told them they sent me the wrong scopes and they said it was a mistake on their website because Leupold doesn't make that model anymore.

I told them they clearly advertised the product yet sent me different scopes and the guy offered to sell me something else. I told him I was very unhappy that they would send me scopes I didn't want then offer to make it right by selling me a more expensive scope.

I suggest if you decide to do business with these folks that you realize they are liars. They knew they didn't have the product I ordered and sent me something else. Never again.
I have ordered from them a couple times with no issues.

Did they give you a full refund? Mistakes happen, they sell 1000's of products, but if they don't work to make it right, I don't blame you for saying screw them
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2019, 14:09   #3
HenryIV
Registered

FALaholic #: 80384
Sorry you had a bad experience. Hope you get a full refund.

I recently made my first order with them. I wanted an Axion Kobra Russian AK scope. I could order it from a Russian vendor for 50$ less but I don’t trust Russians with credit card info. My experience was good. I got exactly what I ordered at a price I was ok with. Optic planet had this oddball item in a Russian language retail box with Russian manual. Most other US vendors do not carry this item. I was pleased with my order.
HenryIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2019, 14:16   #4
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
I bought a Vortex scope mount from them. Now that they have my email address, they spam the ever living shit out of me.

I suspect they're strictly an online business and probably doesn't even inventory what they sell. Were I you, I would've demaned a RMA and returned those Leupold scopes, then taken my business elsewhere.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2019, 14:17   #5
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I have ordered from them a couple times with no issues.

Did they give you a full refund? Mistakes happen, they sell 1000's of products, but if they don't work to make it right, I don't blame you for saying screw them
Well the guy I talked to said it was a mistake on their website and Leupold no longer makes that scope. So I called Leupold and talked to a tech and he said they never made a lighted reticle in that model. I thought that maybe there was a mistake in packageing and Leupold went all through the nembers and guaranteed it was Optics Planets problem.

OP sent me a email with a guaranteed refund less what ever restocking fee might apply. Send you something in a wrong order and want to charge you to take it back. The rep I talked to at OP said leupold no longer makes the model I ordered, Leupold said they never did make it so OP in my way of thinking is guilty of mail fraud.
Old July 24, 2019, 14:35   #6
Tak
Registered

That's crap, to charge you a restocking fee when it's their mistake
Old July 24, 2019, 14:43   #7
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
That's crap, to charge you a restocking fee when it's their mistake
It wasn't a mistake, they sent the wrong scopes on purpose. They didn't even have what they put up for sale. I checked all the numbers and Leupold backed me up that what they are selling doesn't exist. Buyer beware.
Old July 24, 2019, 14:43   #8
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
I've used them several times with no problem. Before you freak out, see if they actually charge the restock fee. The refund statement is likely just a standard statement and probably won't apply in your case. Don't go off half cocked until you actually see what happens. Of corse, if they hit you with the fee, the gloves come off

As Tak said, mistakes happen, and not all order clerks or copywriters are experts on every product.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2019, 14:53   #9
Bawana jim
Registered

Here is the add and it's still up even though they know it's a lie.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/17417...re-2-7x33.html

Plus they say they have 18 left. It's a scam.

Read the add and see that they promise a lighted reticle. Talked to them over an hour ago and they haven't taken down the lie.
Old July 24, 2019, 15:11   #10
lostmybearing
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62976
Add does not say it's illuminated as of 4:12 pm eastern. Must of revised it. Still 18 left , though.
Old July 24, 2019, 16:18   #11
Bawana jim
Registered

It still says it takes a 2032 battery and has 7 brightness settings
Old July 24, 2019, 17:08   #12
goon
Registered

FALaholic #: 9673
Bottom line - they should refund the money and take the scopes back. It’s their mistake - not yours. WTF is wrong with companies not being able to just do business and treat people fairly? I’d call them in person and get to a manager. Have your invoice on hand to point out their description was wrong.
goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2019, 17:12   #13
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
Ive used them for years and although their shipping/webpage/customer support can be a bit interesting since they sometimes aren't connected they have always been spot on with me.

My humble suggestion would be to talk to someone about getting you a deal, as the rare occasion they screwed something up on my order they always got me a nice deal on something else.
Old July 24, 2019, 17:28   #14
Bawana jim
Registered

I don't want a deal, that not what this is about. This isn't a 48 cent story where I think I got cheated out of 48 cents. It's mail fraud in my mind to bait and switch while knowing you really don't have the product you are selling. I don't trust them at all and I won't send the two scopes I bought back. I bought on a credit card and they will use my money for a couple of months before I get it back in my opinion.

The point of the thread is OP will lie to you and send you the wrong products. It's up to you guys to make up your minds if you want to do business with this kind of company. I stand behind my words as true and honest about the deal. I won't have any further contact with them at all.
Old July 24, 2019, 17:32   #15
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

With all due respect, it sounds like a little overreacting here.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old July 24, 2019, 17:45   #16
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
With all due respect, it sounds like a little overreacting here.
Well its bigger than losing 48 cents so ...

What's your time worth? I figure your time is worth at least $50 an hour. Now add in your vehicle and that's $40 an hour plus milage. Time is something you never get back and those that waste your time could care less. They sent me two scopes I didn't order when they knew it was wrong. Now is it right that I lose time and money to return them?

They charge a restocking fee but they don't pay you back for what it cost you to return their error. It wasn't an error, they just send you what they want to and use your money on the card, waste your time to return it then go on their merry way to screw the next guy.

Too big a deal? With all due respect my time is of value to me and so is my money.
Old July 24, 2019, 17:49   #17
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Well its bigger than losing 48 cents so ...

What's your time worth? I figure your time is worth at least $50 an hour. Now add in your vehicle and that's $40 an hour plus milage. Time is something you never get back and those that waste your time could care less. They sent me two scopes I didn't order when they knew it was wrong. Now is it right that I lose time and money to return them?

They charge a restocking fee but they don't pay you back for what it cost you to return their error. It wasn't an error, they just send you what they want to and use your money on the card, waste your time to return it then go on their merry way to screw the next guy.

Too big a deal? With all due respect my time is of value to me and so is my money.
Have they in fact charged you the resocking fee ? If so, I'd agree that is unacceptable.

Other than that - you ever made a mistake?

Old July 24, 2019, 18:03   #18
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Have they in fact charged you the resocking fee ? If so, I'd agree that is unacceptable.

I made a lot of mistakes and folks hold me rightly accountable. I don't see this as a mistake because when I called and talked to OP and Leupold it's obvious they made up a product that didn't exist.

If you took your car in to be painted candy apple red and they painted it lime green because the red didn't exist ... well you get my point.
Old July 24, 2019, 18:19   #19
goon
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
Ive used them for years and although their shipping/webpage/customer support can be a bit interesting since they sometimes aren't connected they have always been spot on with me.

My humble suggestion would be to talk to someone about getting you a deal, as the rare occasion they screwed something up on my order they always got me a nice deal on something else.
I’ve also used them and had no problems.
I understand frustration with bad customer service, but the flip side is that I as customer also have to give them a chance to fix a problem. It sounds like Optic Planet’s problem here is more incompetence than fraud. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
Old July 24, 2019, 18:22   #20
goon
Registered

Quote:

They probably copied and pasted a description from a similar product and didn’t proofread. An admin assistant who knows zero about scopes at all might have made the mistake. Definitely I agree that they should fix it, but I think you should press them to fix it too. Screwing up two Leupold scopes is a lot of $.
Old July 24, 2019, 20:51   #21
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I made a lot of mistakes and folks hold me rightly accountable. I don't see this as a mistake because when I called and talked to OP and Leupold it's obvious they made up a product that didn't exist.

If you took your car in to be painted candy apple red and they painted it lime green because the red didn't exist ... well you get my point.
Look, Jim, I'm not trying to bust your balls - I get your point, I understand and agree in principle But by your own numbers, you've spent $38.80 in time ranting here and what have you bought with it ? ( BTW, that's supposed to be tongue in cheek ).
Seriously now, when did all this happen - have you given them time to fix it ? What is the bottom line - full refund, no refund, refund without restocking fee ? Have you talked to anyone else there ? Point is, your complaint may well be valid, but in the real world if and how it gets fixed is just as much of an issue. I'm getting the feeling this just happened, but that's just a guess. And as goon points out, it's unlikely they are purposely making shit up - doing so only costs them money and time with returns, etc, and they KNOW that's going to happen. Some button pusher got it wrong, now they have to get the wheels to grind out a corrected copy. Shouldn't take long, of course, but sometimes it does. Red tape ain't always fair or avoidable.
And let's be honest, my friend - getting a wrong scope, while really annoying, isn't even remotely the equivalent of having your car painted the wrong color.

Old July 25, 2019, 04:34   #22
ArtBanks
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 28761
Sorry for your experience, as related.
I buy stuff from them all the time and have had no problems over many years.
Very easy boo boo for a person in advertising to make.
With the number of products they handle stuff happens.
I made a mistake once but can't quite remember what it was.
Focus on the positive my friend, at least you got a Leupold.
RVN 67-68
ArtBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2019, 06:29   #23
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
They are located in Chicago (Northbrook).

This is telling...

My 2/100ths dollar:

1 - return the scopes - insist on a prepaid shipping label
2 - demand they waive the restocking fee, if any
3 - purchase optic elsewhere
4 - find your bliss

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2019, 07:12   #24
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
They are located in Chicago (Northbrook).

This is telling...

My 2/100ths dollar:

1 - return the scopes - insist on a prepaid shipping label
2 - demand they waive the restocking fee, if any
3 - purchase optic elsewhere
4 - find your bliss

Old July 25, 2019, 08:10   #25
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Look, Jim, I'm not trying to bust your balls - I get your point, I understand and agree in principle But by your own numbers, you've spent $38.80 in time ranting here and what have you bought with it ? ( BTW, that's supposed to be tongue in cheek ).
Seriously now, when did all this happen - have you given them time to fix it ? What is the bottom line - full refund, no refund, refund without restocking fee ? Have you talked to anyone else there ? Point is, your complaint may well be valid, but in the real world if and how it gets fixed is just as much of an issue. I'm getting the feeling this just happened, but that's just a guess. And as goon points out, it's unlikely they are purposely making shit up - doing so only costs them money and time with returns, etc, and they KNOW that's going to happen. Some button pusher got it wrong, now they have to get the wheels to grind out a corrected copy. Shouldn't take long, of course, but sometimes it does. Red tape ain't always fair or avoidable.
And let's be honest, my friend - getting a wrong scope, while really annoying, isn't even remotely the equivalent of having your car painted the wrong color.
the difference is that $38.80 was mine to spend, my time as I wanted to use it. It's all good, you have time and money to waste so you go along and get along with crap service. I just tend to hold people accountable or their service never gets better.

I don't mind you or anyone else being critical with me, that's the way of the world. You would sooner complain about me than their crap service. Myself I won't let folks steal my time and money and just take it. Recently I took the 4 runner in for new tires. I paid the dealer at every service to rotate the tires and when I bought new tires it was obvious the old tires were never rotated. Toyota service, if they will lie about tires what about the service, did they really change the oil?

No sir, with all do respect it's your money and time to piss away so I would never complain about how you do it. It is important to me if you get screwed in a deal, it's why folks get feedback scores. I gave OP a bad feedback score they deserved and if you feel I was wrong then hey its all good. I won't buy from them again and I won't ever pay a dealership to rotate my tires.
Old July 25, 2019, 08:23   #26
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Obviouslywe are talking at cross purposes here.

Anyway, I honestly do hope that it all gets squared away for you.

Old July 25, 2019, 08:34   #27
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Obviouslywe are talking at cross purposes here.

Anyway, I honestly do hope that it all gets squared away for you.
I am squared away, I won't do business with them again. Thanks for posting in the thread and giving your opinion.

Jim
Old July 25, 2019, 09:37   #28
Tak
Registered

I appreciate the warning. I will reconsider buying from them next time I'm shopping.

You should have told them you were gonna sic the FALFILES on them...that would get their attention !

Old July 25, 2019, 09:53   #29
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
I appreciate the warning. I will reconsider buying from them next time I'm shopping.

You should have told them you were gonna sic the FALFILES on them...that would get their attention !

The guys on the Files are fair and most will figure I was just the one who got the rock in the beans. I put out a feedback warning about OP, that's the best I can do.
Old July 25, 2019, 11:18   #30
Tak
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Otherwise, you sound a LOT like someone else here who was pissed about the $0.89 that he voluntarily gave Larry for the NRA.
oh nooo you di' int !

You're right on about the lengthy process it takes to update crap. Fixing it in one afternoon is actually pretty quick. No waiting for overnight data migration like a lot of places might.
Old July 25, 2019, 13:19   #31
goon
Registered

Yeah - fixing a mistake isn’t always an easy process. The people who built and maintain / update the website might even be contracted separately and work on a dozen other websites. It might be an undertaking on its own to even get them working on the problem.

It could be that “Karen” in the office is entirely sympathetic to the situation and still can’t do anything about it at this exact moment. It would be garbage for them to charge any restock fee for their mistake though. I don’t fault a company for a mistake, but I do for bad customer service.
Old July 25, 2019, 13:36   #32
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
One full hour?!?!

Uh, Reality called, and they wanted to let you know that a giant online business can't change their website because one guy (you) called and pointed out a mistake. That's not how it works. Dude has to call his manager. Manager has to call Leupold to see if you're FOS or not. Someone has to find out how they made the mistake in the first place, or if Leupold screwed THEM.

After all of that, they have to call the tech people. Tech people have to find the guy who writes shit and get new copy from him. Then they get on line and make the edits.

If they charge you a restocking fee for their mistake, they suck - and you should fight it. If they don't, they aren't "Liars" and "Frauds" or whatever. They made a mistake - which happens once in a while when you run a big business with hundreds of thousands of SKUs.

Again, if they try to hit you for restocking, you should fight. Otherwise, you sound a LOT like someone else here who was pissed about the $0.89 that he voluntarily gave Larry for the NRA.
Ya I seem to recall doing business with a fellow that made me wait over an hour on his phone call. I had driven to the bank and got cash out then waited for his promised call. I don't think he made a mistake or had staff that screwed him up. He wasted my time and money without a care in the world but that's his call. He was justified because the rules say he doesn't have to sell to you even after he said he would.

It's all good, I wouldn't ever buy anything from him now. It's funny that person would ever say anything about ethics in business.
Old July 25, 2019, 20:00   #33
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Are they drop shippers?
Old July 25, 2019, 20:53   #34
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Oh, what a surprise this is - I never saw it coming.

1. you never said "I'll take it" - you said you were interested or that you might take it. I don't remember, but we didn't have a deal - and you know it.

2. I said I'd call you. I didn't. I apologized and tried to make it right. You were butthurt and called me a liar or something. Again, can't remember.

3. Oh! The drama and pain. I'll probably never recover. But thanks for posting this great laugh-o-rama wherein you call the online retailer with a SKU problem a "fraud" because they didn't act in a few minutes on your unsubstantiated bitch.

I'm that same kind of fraud. I made a mistake and I apologized to you. You may not be a giant whiny bitch, but you are acting like one again. Waaaannnh.
Ya I am just a whiny bitch but ya know something, I don't have to go around apologizing for being a dick. You stepped in this thread to tell me how to do business when you don't hold to honest standards yourself. So I will hold you accountable and ask in the future that you stay out of my business simply because your word is no good. You admitted you didn't call after you said you would.

It ain't drama mister, it's honesty and if you can't follow through like an honest man then don't tell others how to do business unless of course you have no shame.

Plus you failed to read what OP did, I checked with Leupold and they said they never made that scope in that configuration. The tech went to the site and looked at the add and said leupold never made one of those. If you were not such an elitist hate filled jerk you would have read that OP sent me two scopes I didn't order in place of something that they advertised yet never made.

Butt hurt, well you cost me time and money and now you say whoops sorry and forgive me. Why? Your not a good person that truly seeks forgiveness. You want to argue and fight after you screwed me then call me a whiny bitch so is that a man who seeks forgiveness? No just live with it for a while and every time you don't return calls then remember it's who you are.

Edited to add, if you want forgiveness then I offer it under these conditions. Don't ever talk to me again and stay out of my business. Follow those two conditions and I can forget you ever existed.

Last edited by Bawana jim; July 25, 2019 at 21:13.
Old July 26, 2019, 02:10   #35
Bawana jim
Registered

You made your choice, you decided to keep it going and be a dick. That kinda proves my point right there. I know it hurts your pride that you got caught being a dick but it's just who you are. Somewhere you lost the qualities of being an honest man but you try to hide it with a fight like this. Face it, you just want a fight to distract from the truth. You are not an honest man and in fact your post are ugly as you are.

When I got two scopes the numbers on the order were right but what was in the box was not what they sold me. I thought there may be a package error so I called Leupold service and a tech went through the numbers and compared what OP said on the website. The tech told me leupold never made the scope op listed for sale.

I called op and the guy I talked to said the website was a mistake and Leupold never made the model I ordered yet they sent two scopes I never ordered.

Now if you can't see the screwing in this it isn't my fault because you don't have sense enough to understand. Just like you don't value anyone's time but your own, you really don't care if you are right or wrong. Your self centered self righteous attitude stops you from being an honest man and frankly I am glad I didn't buy either of those guns from you. I suspect you wanted them far from you when you sold them.

Anyway I am done with you, have a great life.
Old July 26, 2019, 05:52   #36
ArtBanks
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 28761
Boys,
Just remember about casting the first stone.
Haven't we all been potty trained and should be well beyond running all our dirty laundry up the flag pole. Geesh!
RVN 67-68
ArtBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2019, 07:17   #37
Buddy Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 19204
Quote:
Well its bigger than losing 48 cents ...
Yeah it's worth at least 89 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtBanks View Post
Boys,
Just remember about casting the first stone.
Haven't we all been potty trained...
Don't you mean Potterfield trained ?

Buddy Lee

Last edited by Buddy Lee; July 26, 2019 at 08:07.
Buddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2019, 09:13   #38
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
1. I don't have any sense to understand. I'm sure you're right.

2. Again, being called a "dick" by someone like you is like a badge of honor. Get it? Your view of the world is like Opposite Day. I'd rather be called a dick by you than be called a Really Good Guy.

3. Which means I don't need a fight to "mask" the event or anything: if that were true, I wouldn't have come over here and brought anything up or even addressed you in the middle of your stupid rant.

4. Honest man? I'm the guy here who bounced a check on G2 (Guy) in Wisconsin and when he told me that I'd cost him money in fees, I told him he could name his price. I ended up writing him a check for over $1,000.00 beyond the amount of the original check. Know why? Because my bank returned an international deposit on a fraud alert that was my bank's mistake. But the buck stopped with me in a real "I'll take it" kind of deal. I'll stand by my type of "honest"...

5. And then you insinuate there's something wrong with my rifles I sold? What a douchenozzle type of move. I'm super glad you made this 'non-accusation' so the internet can read your stupid any time.

Those rifles are / were Gold - just like everything I've sold here. I offer a money-back guarantee on the items I sell. Go look it up.

You don't know what "man" or "honest" looks like. So keep hammering away - like I said...

Opposite Day. You're a backwards dude - and you've got the posts to prove it.
Its really simple, you screwed me and admitted it and now as your class of people do you run on your popularity to hide what you did. It's all good, the only recourse people have with guys like you and OP is let folks know and hope it cost you money one day.

Around this house we don't need to be popular, we don't kiss butt to get ahead. Just honest people that don't like people stealing their time and money. You admitted you said you would call and you didnt, you stole my time and money. Nothing else you say can be honest after you screw people. Your words mean nothing and like your avatar you are a braying ass and it's a well chosen avatar.
Old July 26, 2019, 09:13   #39
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
This is taken from the link provided by the OP. It is very clear that this is not an illunminated scope. It does say that the battery type is the CR 2032 type and that there are 7 brightness settings. The photo clearly shows the scope has no illumination knob or brightness control on the left side or top of the scope.

Adjustment Click Value 1/4 MOA
W/E Travel at 100 Yds 75 MOA
Parallax Fixed
Brightness Settings 7
Illumination Type Non-Illuminated

To me this is clearly a cut and paste issue in developing the advertisement. However, had the buyer looked closely at the ad, the discrepancies would have been very noticeable and cause the buyer to question the accuracy of the ad. IMHO, most of the blame rests on the buyer for not paying close attention to what was being sold.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2019, 09:20   #40
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
This is taken from the link provided by the OP. It is very clear that this is not an illunminated scope. It does say that the battery type is the CR 2032 type and that there are 7 brightness settings. The photo clearly shows the scope has no illumination knob or brightness control on the left side or top of the scope.

Parallax Fixed
Brightness Settings 7

To me this is clearly a cut and paste issue in developing the advertisement. However, had the buyer looked closely at the ad, the discrepancies would have been very noticeable and cause the buyer to question the accuracy of the ad. IMHO, most of the blame rests on the buyer for not paying close attention to what was being sold.
When I deal with Optics Planet or similar services, I go and cross check the manufacturer's site to verify the goods.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2019, 09:37   #41
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post

Parallax Fixed
Brightness Settings 7

I agree, it's my fault that I believed what they posted, a 2032 battery with 7 brightness settings was what I was buying and they sent me two scopes with no alumination. It's all my fault for expecting a big company to send what they advertise. It's my fault they sent the wrong scope because heck I am an ass. I didn't read the fine print.

What is funny is the instructions that came with both scopes clearly showed a scope with a lighted reticle and when I asked leupold about those instructions they said it's just their generic instruction sheet that goes in all their scope boxes. They do offer a lighted reticle but not in the model of scope I bought.

So I ate the deal, I didn't send the scopes back and waste more time and money. I complained as I felt I should so they don't screw the next guy too. I start a thread that informs others and get condemned as its all my fault. Thank you guys for kindly dropping in.
Old July 26, 2019, 09:44   #42
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
The only problem i've had is the email offers i get after buying from them, until i unsubscribe from the emails.
Old July 26, 2019, 09:44   #43
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
When I deal with Optics Planet or similar services, I go and cross check the manufacturer's site to verify the goods.
They list options when you buy from them and each model has a different price. When I ordered I was clear on what I was buying and had the person on the phone look at the website so they knew what I wanted.

Every time I order things I take the salesman to their own website to make sure there is no mistake in what I want. Grafs has never made a mistake and the orders are far more complicated with many more items.
Old October 20, 2019, 17:45   #44
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
When I'm shopping online for something I'm not 100% familiar with, I usually look up the model number up on the manufacturer's website. If the manufacturer agrees it takes a battery and has seven light levels, that's when I start believing the retailer's advertisement. You might consider trying this next time.

However, I also tend to do multiple extensive searches for the brand and model number in question to make sure I'm getting the best possible price on the internet. That's how I bought a $349 scope for $304. You might consider trying this next time, too.
Old October 21, 2019, 13:15   #45
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAndy View Post
When I'm shopping online for something I'm not 100% familiar with, I usually look up the model number up on the manufacturer's website. If the manufacturer agrees it takes a battery and has seven light levels, that's when I start believing the retailer's advertisement. You might consider trying this next time.

However, I also tend to do multiple extensive searches for the brand and model number in question to make sure I'm getting the best possible price on the internet. That's how I bought a $349 scope for $304. You might consider trying this next time, too.
Ya I learned a lesson on buying from Optics Planet, when I called them to complain they added $18 to the shipping bill and I had to get that removed because they said free shipping when I bought from them. I won't buy from them again and since I had problems with them I have spent about $700 with other companies.

Have a great day.
Old November 12, 2019, 11:21   #46
nvcdl
Registered

FALaholic #: 1312
I bought a thermal scope from Optics Planet earlier this year. Aprox. $ 2500 or so.

Scope worked fine tracking my cat in my living room. First time I took it shooting it broke after recoil from first shot. Had only been a couple weeks since I bought it so returned it to optic planet and they gave me a full refund.

Since then I bought a Vortex Spotting scope from them - they gave an excellent veterans discount. I like Optics Planet.
nvcdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2019, 11:54   #47
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Are they drop shippers?
Yes they do , Over half their sales on big name products .

((( Micro Galil / Colt )))
fly2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2019, 15:39   #48
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
Quote:
I don't want a deal, that not what this is about. This isn't a 48 cent story where I think I got cheated out of 48 cents. It's mail fraud in my mind to bait and switch while knowing you really don't have the product you are selling. I don't trust them at all and I won't send the two scopes I bought back. I bought on a credit card and they will use my money for a couple of months before I get it back in my opinion.

The point of the thread is OP will lie to you and send you the wrong products. It's up to you guys to make up your minds if you want to do business with this kind of company. I stand behind my words as true and honest about the deal. I won't have any further contact with them at all.
Charge it back to them, and then let them call you...
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2019, 18:30   #49
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
MY first hint they were ""FUNNY"" was when I duck duck go looking for some optics and the optics planet came up 200 times like a turd that wont flush,, I got a bad taste right then --they PAY Money to have the name come up at the top of the heap --
randy762ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28   #50
jjjxlr8
Registered

FALaholic #: 34903
I received terrible customer service from Optics Planet many years ago and have not and will never purchase from them again. I'll gladly pay more to support the local shops or at any one of their competitors.
jjjxlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote