The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Concealed Carry & Personal Defense

Notices

Old September 14, 2019, 19:32   #1
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
A/C Repair guy packing

So I am up in the attic this morning with an A/C Tech elbow deep in the Air Handler of a house I am getting ready to sell. Why is it the damn A/C decides to go down BEFORE I get it sold? Anyway, there we are when I notice something off about his ankle. So I ask, what is up? Turns out he is carrying a little Beretta .25 in an ankle holster. Huh, I had an S&W 642 (old no lock, of course ) in my pocket. Yep, we were ready in case the Raccoons or Squirrels attacked and we had to fight our way out of the attic.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2019, 09:04   #2
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
So I am up in the attic this morning with an A/C Tech elbow deep in the Air Handler of a house I am getting ready to sell. Why is it the damn A/C decides to go down BEFORE I get it sold? Anyway, there we are when I notice something off about his ankle. So I ask, what is up? Turns out he is carrying a little Beretta .25 in an ankle holster. Huh, I had an S&W 642 (old no lock, of course ) in my pocket. Yep, we were ready in case the Raccoons or Squirrels attacked and we had to fight our way out of the attic.
Well, he had the right caliber for fighting off squirrels. Might take two rounds if its a big gray.
ByronF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2019, 11:56   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Read an article years ago where woman went crazy and shot her husband seven times at close range with a 25 auto and he hit her once with fist and she died when head hit corner of s piece of furniture as fell. Rather have a Beretta 22 Minx in rimfire.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2019, 21:06   #4
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Stupid question from someone who never claimed ot be a handyman: why there are a lot of houses with the AC unit in the attic?
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2019, 12:33   #5
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Stupid question from someone who never claimed ot be a handyman: why there are a lot of houses with the AC unit in the attic?
Space savings.
mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2019, 19:26   #6
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Not just the AC but freakin water heater in attic?drain pan clogged up and you flood the whole house when it lets go.
ICOM7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2019, 16:48   #7
idsubgun
"Comfortably Numb"
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3100
My furnace and AC is in the attic. Makes it a pain in the ass to change filters!

My stepson works in HVAC. Sales now but service before. He carries all the time as well. His area of business is St. Louis and East St. Louis. Not the best places for a white guy. I'd be carrying too! Wait! I do carry!
idsubgun is offline   Reply With Quote