The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Class III Files

Notices

Old November 23, 2019, 15:53   #1
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
Smile My little friend came in. Unfired Micro uzi, selective fire!

Hi there,

I received this little guy. Came from a widow who lost her man (collector) in a plane crash.

This thing is so tiny, amazing. Closed bolt system.
Somehow it seems to me it was imported to the USA, and exported to Belgium... Weird

Hollywood stuff ; )

Any clou on the production year.

Thanks
Paco
paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2019, 18:09   #2
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Looking at markings alone, I would guess it started life as an Action Arms imported semi auto micro, later being converted for F/A and the folding stock added. Just my best guess though.
Old November 24, 2019, 10:21   #3
AliYahu
Registered

FALaholic #: 11084
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Looking at markings alone, I would guess it started life as an Action Arms imported semi auto micro, later being converted for F/A and the folding stock added. Just my best guess though.
I'd agree with that!

Eli
AliYahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2019, 14:58   #4
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
Actually, I have handled and shot some weapons from Action Arms that had FA capability and were imported that way to be marketed to police departments. INHO, the Galil was the only thing close to being suitable but the controls were loud to maneuver, the mini Uzi was not even close.

The ones I got to play with were the mini uzi and the Galil in 556.

I like the Galil in that even if in the selector was in the "happy" mode, you could with trigger finger control get off 1 and 2 round burst easily.

The mini was a bear to control in anything other then short burst and was a handful then. The cuts in the muzzle helped a whole lot, though.
Old November 24, 2019, 15:41   #5
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig220 View Post
Actually, I have handled and shot some weapons from Action Arms that had FA capability and were imported that way to be marketed to police departments. INHO, the Galil was the only thing close to being suitable but the controls were loud to maneuver, the mini Uzi was not even close.

I like the Galil in that even if in the selector was in the "happy" mode, you could with trigger finger control get off 1 and 2 round burst easily.

The mini was a bear to control in anything other then short burst and was a handful then. The cuts in the muzzle helped a whole lot, though.
Do you happen to remember if the factory auto was open or closed bolt? It would seem pointless to go through the trouble of closed bolt on a factory auto of an open bolt design.
Old November 24, 2019, 18:07   #6
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I had trouble running the UZI in competition because of the grip safety. I couldn't get a proper grip and hold the safety in. I ended up putting a Hogue slip over grip on it that held the grip safety down for a little better grip but still because I have small hands I ended up with a poor grip on the gun.

For a while there you could find all kinds of conversion kits. I had great fun with the 22lr kit. Guys in the club converted to 45acp. UZI is a fun gun.

This is the kit I ran in mine.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...m=1,2,6&sim=11
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2019, 18:45   #7
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Do you happen to remember if the factory auto was open or closed bolt? It would seem pointless to go through the trouble of closed bolt on a factory auto of an open bolt design.

They (mini uzis) were made in both(either) open or closed bolt models.

This was 30+ years ago, I remember the bolt locking back when the mag was empty.....but it seems it was closed bolt upon initial firing. Remember firing the Sten and it was open bolt as well as a German MP-40. I also remember the mini uze emptied a mag quickly and climbed to the upper right in doing so. The ports cut in the muzzle helped counter it a little.
Old November 26, 2019, 12:23   #8
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Some details.
Gonna try her this weekend. There is a guncollector tryout shoot...

Old November 26, 2019, 12:45   #9
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Stamped A R S (first pic) so it must have passed through the hands of T. Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems...

Looks like great fun paco!

I have fired an UZI, Model B and enjoyed it immensely, as I have very limited full-auto experience.

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2019, 14:43   #10
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
The micros are stupid fast. Better with a can on them.

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."
stimpsonjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2019, 20:51   #11
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig220 View Post

The Galil 556 has a cyclic rate of 650 rounds per minute. Personally I consider 500 to 650 rpm the perfect sweet spot in rate of fire and why I like the MGI Rate Reduction Buffer along with M16 full auto carrier plus adjustable gas to get an AR 15/M16 down in the 550 round per minute cyclic rate as in a semi auto SPR/SDM rifle the slower rate of fire aids in accuracy.

At age 15 got a few chances to fire select fire Ingrams in 45 and decided were too lively for me. Finally got to try a 9mm select fire and was still work to keep on target. Before I was old enough to do the NFA thing talked my dad into doing a Trust if I paid for paperwork and all items so we set up a Trust in his name with me as beneficiary and heir. My first purchases were a pair of M11s in 380 with Sionics suppressors that have a 1,380 round per minute rate of fire. In 380 with the cans they are a hoot but have worst sights on the market. Now one sports a daylight laser and the other an I.R. laser aiming device. It takes a lot of practice not to dump the entire mag with just a tap on the trigger.

Added a Ruger AC556 in GB Factory Folder trim and it's 700 rpm rate of fire rate was not bad with the 13" barrel and later added an adjustable gas block and had a smith that specialized in this rifle work it over and returned it with a 500 rpm cyclic rate which also adds durability to a rifle known to be expensive to fix if breaks. I like my light fighter and select fire MBRs to have a lazy somewhat slow rate of fire. The M11s dumping a good quality 380 round like Hornady Critical Defense at almost 1,400 rpm is putting a whopping amount of energy per second on target if dump the magazine. With practice can learn to feather the trigger down to two or three twitches.

I would like to have a micro uzi above and beyond any other model. Like shooting H&K VP70s even with their 2,200 rpm cyclic rate as the three shot burst keeps them under control and can easily put all three rounds in center of mass as gun runs so fast third round is down the pipe and gone before an experienced shooter loses control of it. Three rounds of premium 9mm hitting target almost simultaneously is another major energy dump.

It sure would be nice to have access to Paco's collection with at least a month to work through the pile firing each and setting the ones that liked best aside then when through entire pile spend a week narrowing to pile of favorites down to a smaller pile of ultra favorites. I would buy a plane ticket for myself and a friend for that opportunity as would need help cleaning them as shot them. Have a friend that was originally in 75th Rangers before transferring into Delta Force who is cross trained on so many weapons and odd tricks can do with some believe I would need him to ensure we didn't hurt anything and reassembled each correctly after cleaning. Wonder if Paco could find us an ammo sponsor as well?
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2019, 22:09   #12
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Our gun club had full auto matches for many years, I played the game with different subguns I owned. About 17 years of shooting subguns in the matches so I have my ideas and opinions on subguns. I also competed in the assualt rifle competition with an M16.

For subguns I believe a man has to pick the right gun that he handles the best. There are a lot of subguns and the handling and manual of arms differs from gun to gun. Subguns were made for close up, they are not rifles. To get the fastest time on the most targets with accuracy it takes a gun that fires at the same speed you think at.

Full auto in rifles when it comes to target competition means you hit with the first shot and the second one misses.

Belt feds are real machineguns, you chew up the target until you are done.

Just my opinion
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2019, 01:37   #13
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Hue,
Allways welcome here. You would not be the first FALfiles member that steps in my cave. As for shooting, Belgian law allows you 1 day "try out" as an introducee. 2nd you need to get the licenses...
That means one 24 Hr brrrrrrrrrr run
I hope your thumb holds out so long... Ammo, 1000 9mm Para cost 180€ or 199$ Not sure if that is expensive but it aint cheap.

I see you like GALIL's.
I happen to have a IsraŽlian Tank kolonel (still alive today) personal Micro galil with a unique burst mechanisme. That's a nice choise for subguns.
If you go for pistol calibre. MP5 all day long.

It is even shorter as an MP5

Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
The Galil 556 has a cyclic rate of 650 rounds per minute. Personally I consider 500 to 650 rpm the perfect sweet spot in rate of fire and why I like the MGI Rate Reduction Buffer along with M16 full auto carrier plus adjustable gas to get an AR 15/M16 down in the 550 round per minute cyclic rate as in a semi auto SPR/SDM rifle the slower rate of fire aids in accuracy.

At age 15 got a few chances to fire select fire Ingrams in 45 and decided were too lively for me. Finally got to try a 9mm select fire and was still work to keep on target. Before I was old enough to do the NFA thing talked my dad into doing a Trust if I paid for paperwork and all items so we set up a Trust in his name with me as beneficiary and heir. My first purchases were a pair of M11s in 380 with Sionics suppressors that have a 1,380 round per minute rate of fire. In 380 with the cans they are a hoot but have worst sights on the market. Now one sports a daylight laser and the other an I.R. laser aiming device. It takes a lot of practice not to dump the entire mag with just a tap on the trigger.

Added a Ruger AC556 in GB Factory Folder trim and it's 700 rpm rate of fire rate was not bad with the 13" barrel and later added an adjustable gas block and had a smith that specialized in this rifle work it over and returned it with a 500 rpm cyclic rate which also adds durability to a rifle known to be expensive to fix if breaks. I like my light fighter and select fire MBRs to have a lazy somewhat slow rate of fire. The M11s dumping a good quality 380 round like Hornady Critical Defense at almost 1,400 rpm is putting a whopping amount of energy per second on target if dump the magazine. With practice can learn to feather the trigger down to two or three twitches.

I would like to have a micro uzi above and beyond any other model. Like shooting H&K VP70s even with their 2,200 rpm cyclic rate as the three shot burst keeps them under control and can easily put all three rounds in center of mass as gun runs so fast third round is down the pipe and gone before an experienced shooter loses control of it. Three rounds of premium 9mm hitting target almost simultaneously is another major energy dump.

It sure would be nice to have access to Paco's collection with at least a month to work through the pile firing each and setting the ones that liked best aside then when through entire pile spend a week narrowing to pile of favorites down to a smaller pile of ultra favorites. I would buy a plane ticket for myself and a friend for that opportunity as would need help cleaning them as shot them. Have a friend that was originally in 75th Rangers before transferring into Delta Force who is cross trained on so many weapons and odd tricks can do with some believe I would need him to ensure we didn't hurt anything and reassembled each correctly after cleaning. Wonder if Paco could find us an ammo sponsor as well?
Old November 27, 2019, 15:32   #14
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
If my wife had not rolled her truck four times in January 2019 our plan was to be in Belgium early as first two stages of the 2019 Le Tour both were centered around Brussels. Wife got her best post accident doctors report yesterday following six MRIs and two CAT scans. He said by spring/summer she should be able to travel and if kept a slow steady pace shold not even need to take wheelchair on a airline trip. Just factor in one rest day in three for her.

Now we need to watch for Le Tour route announcements as hoping to have a stage start near Normandy could fly in a week early, visit Belgium then get over to the coast for race start then while they suffer on the flats could do WW2 tourist stuff and catch back up with the race in the mountains. Like between the Alps and Pyrenees we take a five or six days on the Mediterranean and make like locals. Have several good expat friends that live in St Tropez area plus others in lesser known areas that are nice. We have a strong dislike for Nimes, Cannes and all the other well known tourist traps of the Med.

We always arrive early, stay after then skip specific stages so get a nice tour of France and bordering countries. Nothing like getting mixed up in Basque country if remembered to bring at least one orange shirt each. While we like the race and usually have press credintials we prefer to choose about a dozen stage finishes, three or four camping on side of road with local days and the rest we split off from the race and visit churches and small older historic towns. Have more fun on Bastille Day than 4th of July in States. We always end up as guests of honor at some event in areas of France where even the youth have been told how the Americans died to free them from Hitler.

First trip we were there on Bastille Day some 13/14 year old kid asked us about sunset if we're Americans. Had been in France for three weeks so my four years of French in school was kicking in enough he asked to be sure. We replied yes and he gave us both a big hug and said his grandmother made him promise to thank every American he ever meets for our sacrifices in WW1 and WW2. He took us to the town square and introduced us to what turned out to be their version of a mayor. We were hosted, wined, dined and stayed in homes of locals for three nights before had to rejoin Le Tour.

Anyone who visits France and says they hate Americans didn't go to the right part. If predominantly Muslim area it's not "France". Paris sucks and whenever I hear someone talk of how great Paris I s know am talking to a typical American that tries to see five countries in five days. Had a friend that did a bus tour of Italy where he saw everything but was only gone seven days including air travel. In St Nicholas Switzerland a hotel owner accused us of not being Americans because we spent two weeks in his hotel before moving on to Zermat. He said Americans stay one night and then get back on their bus or train.

We do hustle at times following Le Tour through Alps and Pyrenees then to Paris but after last trip will not go to final stage on the Champs unless allowed to wear rifle rated armor and carry a SAW. We always check the maps that have green, yellow, orange and red zones showing where not to go which orange and red zones grow every year. We're in a green zone on safety map when group of men cornered wife and I with intent to rape her and make me watch. Was wearing a pair of La Sportive mountaineering boots and a leather coat with anti-stab/cut layer like used in prison guard armor. Wife had a purse that has cut proof straps and is designed to use as a flail or a mace. I pulled a Damascus Tanto from center of back, handed wife my biggest serrated Spyderco and told her as soon as I attacked to run in direction we came from and in half a block start screaming but never slow down and never look back. Fished my folding box cutter out of left pocket and told them they may win but at least two or three were going to meet Allah in next few minutes. Between tje big Tanto, box cutter amd waffle stomping boots their eyes began to twitch nervously. Soon as I charged they broke and ran luckily. An unarmed and normal fat lazy American would have died that day.

We now stay out of all large cities in France if able and fly in and out of Geneva Switzerland and avoid Grenoble, Nimes, etc. Remember France has a law that says your supposed to help anyone who is a victim of crime though found city French won't confront groups of Muslim men. Have to show some American:
Quote:
Over there, over there,
Send the word, send the word over there,
That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming,
The drums rum-tumming everywhere.
So prepare, say a prayer,
Send the word, send the word to beware,
We'll be over, we're coming over,
And we won't come back till it's over over there.
Johnnie get your gun, get your gun, get your gun,
Johnnie show the Hun, you're a son-of-a-gun,
Hoist the flag and let her fly,
Like true heroes do or die.
Pack your little kit, show your grit, do your bit,
Make your mother proud of you,
And to liberty be true.
Have traveled a lot as know others here travel more than I have but situational awareness is important and when you find yourself in a bind best option is to get hostile fast and serious. The Europe I visited 30 years ago versus the Europe I have visited in recent trips is majorly different except in Switzerland but have somehow missed Belgium and a few others need to visit while able to still use my Tanto if called for.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 07:07   #15
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

I went to the range with it.
One word for it;

INSANE!!!

Jezus, its like an dwarf mg42 on steriods

Tags