The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old November 15, 2019, 03:05   #1
Conelrad
Registered

FALaholic #: 76462
Anybody know HEYIMMVP?

He had an ad for ammo in the marketplace.

I sent the $, nary a peep from him.

Conelrad
Old November 15, 2019, 06:48   #2
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
He has not logged in here since Nov 5. Hopefully a noob who got distracted but will get back to you. Good luck.

https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446551
Old November 15, 2019, 07:10   #3
TXMoose
Registered

FALaholic #: 73164
I’ll bet, if this was a legit sale, that once he found out how much the included shipping was going to cost him he flaked
TXMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2019, 12:59   #4
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I was looking at this one....definitely red flags....2 posts and no reviews......
The wording of the ad was goofy too...

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2019, 19:15   #5
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Just checked his post IP address. Comes back to Indianapolis Indiana. Hopefully that is where you sent the $$.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2019, 00:27   #6
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMoose View Post
I’ll bet, if this was a legit sale, that once he found out how much the included shipping was going to cost him he flaked
This ^ he wont make much after shipping.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2019, 10:14   #7
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
Quote:
The reasoning doesn't matter, he has received funds and has not sent item(s) purchased. Then throw in the lack of communications and it doesn't look very good.

Hope he gets busy and does what he needs to do, ship items purchased or refund with a apology.
Old November 17, 2019, 12:06   #8
Conelrad
Registered

Nothin' to do

but wait it out.

Conelrad
Old November 18, 2019, 17:20   #9
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
My address shielding program has 20 options.

Moniker could stand for-- "Hey I'm a man visiting prison."

Last edited by V guy; November 18, 2019 at 18:19.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2019, 20:51   #10
Conelrad
Registered

Vincennes, IN

Is where the $ went. No listing in phone directory for him.

Drat.

Conelrad
Old December 05, 2019, 05:16   #11
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post

Drat.

Conelrad
Doesnt look good O.P.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2019, 21:07   #12
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:

Drat.

Conelrad
What's the address you sent the funds to?
Old December 05, 2019, 22:50   #13
4x401
MEATSWEATS Conscience....
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Sad to see anyone screwed here ever....but they're were warning signs there.....

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

"Boom in the crotch, boom in the crotch, and lets go to work".

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene".

"You will have to take a shower, 'cause there will be overspray".
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2019, 22:53   #14
4x401
MEATSWEATS Conscience....
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
He has not logged in here since Nov 5. Hopefully a noob who got distracted but will get back to you. Good luck.

https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446551
20 bucks sayz the op's phucked....

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

"Boom in the crotch, boom in the crotch, and lets go to work".

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene".

"You will have to take a shower, 'cause there will be overspray".
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2019, 08:11   #15
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Drat.
Conelrad
I have had the same unlisted home phone number for over 30 years and most of my friends don't even own wired phones anymore. Just a cell and internet at home. I would be more worried about lack of response than phone listing. I subscribe to an online background check service that for $9.95 per month is amazing how much information it mines on a name and all known friends/relatives. Use it at church all the time and have been able to send three people with sex offender arrests out the door before they were able to get into the children's areas. Before I send someone I don't know a lot of money I run a background check.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2019, 08:31   #16
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
20 bucks sayz the op's phucked....
I hate to see this crap. Of all the different groups and types of folks I heve dealt with, this is by far the must honorable and trust worthy bar none.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2019, 16:25   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
While didn't have any feedback left it my second puchase as a new member was possibly as nice of a build as any I own. Soon as I sent seller a photo of the certified check and tracking number on the envelope it was in he sent me a tracking number on the rifle next day. Didn't even wait to see if the check was in the envelope or if it was real. Said he was going to town anyway and wanted to save another trip.

I would not spend significant money with any new member who had not posted at least a few things discussing FALs. A person with less than ten posts of which none concern FALs unless it's to sell an expensive super nice rifle would be very leary. Any deal rhat soumds too good is something to be careful about. Might even ask a if I could get a local member to inspect it if big purchase like a rifle. Thus far my background check has pretty much told me all I need once they give me their name and address to send funds if not someone with enough feedback to trust without the effort.

Was just looking at my feedback and noticed only had feedback for about half the transactions I have done but it's enough if anyone doesn't feel I am good to deal with then I may need to worry about them. If a person has two posts and is suddenly selling stuff I would let someone else guinea pig their deals. Only place I get screwed on occasion is fleabay but always pay through PayPal so have the guarantee. Remember PayPal transactions are only covered if buyer and seller use their registered mailing addresses. It's a very fine point and easy to miss but when USPS lost a $1,400 package and seller didn't add insurance above the $100 included since I paid using PayPal and seller shipped from his verified address to my verified address they refunded 100% of my money even though it was rifle barrels.

Had a guy selling genuine "made in USA" Gentex High Ear MICH helmets send me a plastic novelty helmet that had stickers in it saying "Made in China" and "for novelty use only not for airsoft". Me nor eBay nor PayPal thought a novelty helmet that was not even for airsoft use was a genuine U.S. made ballistic helmet so got full refund and seller was upset and sent me the nastiest email about stealing his money out of PayPal when I had asked where he wanted me to mail the helmet back. His next response was through eBay messaging and had another buyer with similar issue that got his account yanked.

He had about thirty positive feedbacks on high end military gear and claimed it was all part of his personal gear after doing an eight year hitch. I think he was truthful at beginning as many of the positives were from power buyers of high end military equipment. Believe once he had enough feedback and ran out of his personal gear he began selling any junk he could find using pictures from his old ads or borrowed as got about ten negatives in a row about time my "helmet" arrived and was hooked on the money so tried to play as many people as he could till it caught up with him.

My best Files buys have been the result of mentioning desire for an item in a thread then a regular member sending a PM saying he or someone he knows has exactly what I mentioned in post "x". Never went through marketplace but just a kind member hooking another up as reading a remark in a thread.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2019, 16:40   #18
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Was just looking at my feedback and noticed only had feedback for about half the transactions I have done but it's enough
Yep, bit of a thread drift, but an interesting topic.

It seems like when I had a low number of FBs, almost everyone left one. As I became a longer term member and my FB numbers increased, the number of people leaving FB dropped off to roughly your mentioned 50% range.

My gut tells me that people are glad to help the "new guy" with positive FB when they get started out, but after someone has a large number of FBs, then people think "they have plenty, not important to do". Consciously or sub-consciously, I don't know, and my reasoning may be way off anyway. It is interesting.
Old December 11, 2019, 16:58   #19
imacoonass01
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Quote:
He had an ad for ammo in the marketplace.

I sent the $, nary a peep from him.

Conelrad

All This:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig220 View Post
The reasoning doesn't matter, he has received funds and has not sent item(s) purchased. Then throw in the lack of communications and it doesn't look very good.

Hope he gets busy and does what he needs to do, ship items purchased or refund with a apology.

And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Was just looking at my feedback and noticed only had feedback for about half the transactions I have done but it's enough

Quote:

It seems like when I had a low number of FBs, almost everyone left one. As I became a longer term member and my FB numbers increased, the number of people leaving FB dropped off to roughly your mentioned 50% range.

My gut tells me that people are glad to help the "new guy" with positive FB when they get started out, but after someone has a large number of FBs, then people think "they have plenty, not important to do". Consciously or sub-consciously, I don't know, and my reasoning may be way off anyway. It is interesting.

I keep a word file with items waiting to come in, with Fal File Name of sender. Use it and my saved messages, to make sure I give feedback to everyone (new and old members). I even give feedback (rightly so?) for sales / trades made with members, that do not have a deal thread directly.
Old December 11, 2019, 21:48   #20
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:

That surprises me. So far, I haven't run into that situation.

I think it is fair to say the bigest significance of good feedback comes when one is new and needs to establish a reputation for fair dealing and trustworthiness. After awhile, that becomes relatively less impotant, although I still appreciate feedback and do my best to uphold what is so far a pretty good record. I know that is the case for you as well.

I really wish there were a happy resolution for Conelrad - and an unhappy one for the likes of heyimmvp. Needless to say, if the culprit shows up here again, I want to be one of the first to dump on him. Conelrad, be SURE to leave bad feedback on him - future members who may be inclined to deal with him might not catch this thread.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; December 11, 2019 at 21:53.
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote