Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Kentucky

Notices

Old September 25, 2019, 18:52   #1
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Rand Paul

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this fundamental freedom.

At my swearing-in as a United States Senator, I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - the entire Constitution. I take that responsibility very seriously, and I am proud to be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment in accordance with that oath.

I do not support any gun control proposals at the federal level that would further limit the right to gun ownership by responsible, law-abiding citizens. Instead of reducing crime, laws and regulations that infringe upon the Second Amendment often have the opposite effect of unduly burdening those who respect the law; they do not deter individuals with criminal intentions. As we've seen in many jurisdictions with strict firearms controls, those who follow the law may be left without the means to adequately protect themselves and their families from violence.

For example, in June 2017, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) introduced, and I cosponsored, the Silencers Help Us Save Hearing Act (S.1505). This legislation would remove federal regulations on suppressors by reclassifying them as a firearm accessory. Additionally, in January 2017, Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID) introduced, and I cosponsored, the Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (S.59). This legislation would remove the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive application process, $200 tax, and additional background check needed to purchase a firearm suppressor. Requirements needed to purchase a suppressor would be the same as those restrictions in place on the purchase of shotgun or rifle.

I have fought against all attacks on the Second Amendment and Americans' right to bear arms. I have never supported any gun control proposals and will continue to oppose these attacks on one of our most fundamental freedoms. Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is an honor and a privilege to represent the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the United States Senate. For more information on my other legislative initiatives, please visit my website at: www.paul.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul, M.D.
United States Senator
Old September 25, 2019, 19:35   #2
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
I'll withhold my opinion of him,,all of them,,until I see how they vote.

Trust level for any politician,,,is rock bottom and digging into the mud.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2019, 19:35   #3
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
I wish more were like him.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2019, 19:48   #4
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
I cannot say I know him well, but I have met him a few times at various gatherings and we have a few mutual friends. I don't agree with all his viewpoints, but from everything I know personally, he is rock-solid and transparent in his beliefs. He is definitely one of the better ones in DC.
Old September 25, 2019, 20:11   #5
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

His vote today,,,,to declare Trump stole the border wall money.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mergency-wall/

He voted with,,, among several other RINO's,,,,Romney.

Old September 25, 2019, 20:13   #6
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

[QUOTE=Invictus77;4788659]I cannot say I know him well, but I have met him a few times at various gatherings and we have a few mutual friends. I don't agree with all his viewpoints, but from everything I know personally, he is rock-solid and transparent in his beliefs. He is definitely one of the better ones in DC.[/QUOTE]

Agree fully,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but he's still a professional politician.

Old September 25, 2019, 21:45   #7
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
The bar is set so low... but Rand Paul is as good as we'll ever hope to get in this country.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2019, 07:07   #8
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
I got the same letter from him yesterday regarding red flag laws.

I do believe from his voting record, that he would not support any of this BS.

Further, his office recently helped me with an issue with the NFA branch and their slow return of my paperwork. After a few complaints, my paperwork went from pending and unassigned to an examiner to approved in 2 days after his office contacted the congressional ATF l'aison once they surpassed the 10 month quote that they had given his office back in the summer.

I do believe that Rand Paul is one of the good guys here.
John A is offline   Reply With Quote