Notices

Old January 28, 2019, 19:43   #201
Elwarpo
Registered

FALaholic #: 38498
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykden View Post
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

i think it would be kickass to get a .35 cal suppressor for my .358 FAL.
I run the vers 458 on mine.

ďThe only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothingĒ Edmund Burke
Elwarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 15:46   #202
eod04ret
Registered

FALaholic #: 82197
Highly Recommend Stimpsonjcat Gas Plug Mods

Stimpy did his weld and drill mod for me on two STG gas plugs. Excellent work. communication, and patience. If you want to suppress your FAL he is the answer.
eod04ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 11:34   #203
Tyris
Registered

FALaholic #: 30938
Finally getting back into shooting my FAL after many years.
I put the can on there and noted it was sending brass like 40 feet away at about 1'oclock in a nice controlled manner.

I'd like to send in a plug for modification, but where to buy a spare for a metric DSA gun?

Edit to add: found one from DSA!

-T

Last edited by Tyris; May 23, 2019 at 12:30.
Tyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 21:44   #204
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
Finally getting back into shooting my FAL after many years.
I put the can on there and noted it was sending brass like 40 feet away at about 1'oclock in a nice controlled manner.

I'd like to send in a plug for modification, but where to buy a spare for a metric DSA gun?

Edit to add: found one from DSA!

-T
Inbound?

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."

"Into the light may you fall
Into the light may you follow
Into the light may you know
Truth alone"
stimpsonjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 22:13   #205
Tyris
Registered

FALaholic #: 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
Inbound?
I'd be honored if you'd convert my new plug to a suppressor-friendly configuration

-T
Tyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2019, 14:49   #206
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

PM returned.

Truth alone"
Old June 01, 2019, 17:48   #207
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Two more out today!

And then one more showed up in the evening mail...maybe tomorrow.

Truth alone"
Old June 06, 2019, 00:29   #208
raexcct2
Registered

FALaholic #: 2784
stimpsonjcat,

Have you tried these gas plug mods on an L1A? I have more L1A1s than FALs and would like to suppress one.
raexcct2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2019, 09:02   #209
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raexcct2 View Post
stimpsonjcat,

Have you tried these gas plug mods on an L1A? I have more L1A1s than FALs and would like to suppress one.
Yes, but there is a complication as I currently do not have an inch gas block for test fitting and marking the hole. So I'd need one sent with or find a place that has them for sale at a reasonable price.

Truth alone"
Old June 06, 2019, 13:46   #210
raexcct2
Registered

Quote:
Yes, but there is a complication as I currently do not have an inch gas block for test fitting and marking the hole. So I'd need one sent with or find a place that has them for sale at a reasonable price.
PM me your address and I'll send you at least one , maybe two. Just have to go back to my storage unit to find them.
Old June 08, 2019, 17:16   #211
raexcct2
Registered

Quote:
I screwed up and didnít send you the gas block just two gas plugs. Iíll send you an NOS L1A1 gas block on Monday.
Old September 18, 2019, 20:16   #212
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

The inch plugs are going back in the mail Friday...probably.

Truth alone"
Old September 18, 2019, 23:16   #213
raexcct2
Registered

You the man. Thanks again.
Old September 19, 2019, 07:34   #214
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
You the man. Thanks again.
Don't thank me yet, you still have some work to do and I expect a full report here when you get it sorted.

Truth alone"
Old September 19, 2019, 11:16   #215
raexcct2
Registered

Quote:
Don't thank me yet, you still have some work to do and I expect a full report here when you get it sorted.
PM sent.
Old December 06, 2019, 00:53   #216
22eley
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 27647
13 INCH and a 8 INCH SBRs

The Forged SBR 8 inch has a YHM can, the 13 has a Sig Sauer SRD762Ti for it. i just got that gun it its is a IDF DSA PARA model. made for me
22eley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2019, 09:12   #217
fal762
Registered

FALaholic #: 66358
Those are a sight to behold!!
fal762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2019, 17:17   #218
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
PM sent.

I got nothing new...?

Truth alone"
Old December 12, 2019, 11:08   #219
22eley
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 27647
Nothing NEW?

Quote:
I got nothing new...?
WE can fix that! what would you like! If i OWN it so can YOU, and if i dont i might can find you one! jb
22eley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2019, 16:08   #220
raexcct2
Registered

Quote:
I got nothing new...?
Unfortunately, no. More health issues have popped up for me so I have had to put off buying the suppressor for my L1A1 carbine project. Going to physical therapy four times a week and then I’ll probably wind up having back surgery next year. Sucks being old and broke (physically and monetary).

Last edited by raexcct2; December 13, 2019 at 18:30.
Old December 14, 2019, 18:52   #221
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Unfortunately, no. More health issues have popped up for me so I have had to put off buying the suppressor for my L1A1 carbine project. Going to physical therapy four times a week and then Iíll probably wind up having back surgery next year. Sucks being old and broke (physically and monetary).
I have been to a dozen back surgeons of which almost half were heads of their department at teaching hospitals. Had four that said I needed surgery soon as possible and all wanted to do three. Lumbar fusion, thoracic fusion and cervical fusion. Two said to do PT and pain management then reevaluate if see no improvement. My lead doctor (takes care of Phil Mickleson, Jack Nicholas and half the PGA players and only takes two kinds of patients. Professional and Olympic athletes and people other doctors already ruined. Told me once we start down the surgical rabbit hole to never lift anything heavier than gallon of milk, turn in odd way or take fall or be in auto accident or will be worse than before the surgery and have to get the new damage fixed.

All five big shot surgeons I saw from Miami to NYC all said same thing. Physical therapy and pain management. They said will likely need both after surgery so why not try before as once your cut they can never uncut. I was told by a dozen doctors I was permanently disabled in 2007 by definition of my issues. I see the first board certified pain management doctor in U.S. as was on the team that wrote the standards for it to become a specialty and was founder of the Emory Pain Clinic before leaving teaching for private practice. At one point I was on more pain medication than wanted while he experimented with minimally invasive outpatient procedures to find the right ones for me.

Now with a mix of Radio Frequency Ablation and Facet Blocks with Steroids and trigger point injections only take meds during recovery phase of proceedures. Have two lumbar RFAs, two thoracic RFAs, one SI Joint RFA, two facet blocks with steroids per year and have botox injections in my neck every 90 days. Am now going on 13 years without invasive surgery from when first two doctors said I had no choice. Have had at least six friends have invasive lumbar surgery and all say they are worse or at best no better and most have required a second and some a third surgery since getting on the train. Do not believe the Laser Spine Center commercials that say walk in and walk out healed with a band-aid same day.

Until I can't get out of bed and go to work without living off pills will keep my routine of outpatient pain control procedures and P.T. Friend of mine who was in 75th Ranger Battalion felt out of a helicopter and totally jacked up his lumbar spine where his armor vest ended and he blew out multiple disks. They immediately disabled him and mustered out. VA wanted to do surgery and he gave my guy a try and is now off all pain med and trying to get back declared fit for active combat duty. Be careful about who cuts, why and especially a spinal fusion as you will re-fracture the fusion over and over if try to do anything fun.

Have a friend in medical billing. Sees hundreds if not thousands of back patients. Says if tracks the ones that avoided surgery and stayed with outpatient pain procedures and PT they tended to stay stable. Says most who do surgery he will see more surgeries in their past or more come up in their future. He broke his back bad when rear ended by a car on his motorcycle. He researched doctors with lowest number of repeat patients and patients that did poorly and well. Combined with a lifetime of doing medical billing he decided to skip invasive surgery and after three years of PT and outpatient pain management procedures is now riding his motorcycle again which three surgeons said he would never do. He had to go out of state to find a good back surgeon to oversee his case and another state to find a pain management doctor with great reputation of not running a "pill mill" but using RFAs, epidurals, nerve blocks, etc and is now back working and riding his motorcycle and water skiing at age 68.

Cutters get paid big money to cut thus many cut just to buy another vacation home or Ferarri. Make sure your surgeon wants surgery to be the last option on the list.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2019, 18:55   #222
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
I can loan you an inch gas block likely long term if want. May even drop two by and let you do the Stimpy mod on one and keep the other as a thank you.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old December 14, 2019, 21:13   #223
raexcct2
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Cutters get paid big money to cut thus many cut just to buy another vacation home or Ferarri. Make sure your surgeon wants surgery to be the last option on the list.
Military Tricare Insurance has me going to physical therapy first then a physiatrist for pain management then surgery as last resort. Pain management is a joke. OxyContin and other pain meds don’t do anything for the pain which is why I have delayed seeing a physiatrist. I’ve been fighting the bulged disks in lower back and neck for the last 30 years. I’ve had friends in my old career field (CCT) who have fixed their painful back issues by surgery after suffering like I have for decades. I’m tired of my back going out when I do something as innocuous as bending down or washing dishes.
Old December 15, 2019, 09:01   #224
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

They won't cover procedures like Radio Frequency Ablations and other "cutting edge" non narcotic pain management minimally invasive pain management procedures? Seems like they are ignoring the last twenty years of advances in pain therapy. I can tell when my RFA begins to fade and we just do another and am good for.another six months. I have the MRIs that show dozens of slipped disks, bulged disk with ruptures and all sorts of other issues but a Radio Frequency Ablation confuses the pain signals and keeps them from passing the impinged area telling your brain that pain exists. I have 13 years of success and able to climb towers, sling 100 pound plus batteries, run chain saws, etc as long as we repeat the procedure when needed which takes about 90 minutes from I.V. hook up to recovery and check-out.

In addition to the surgeon I see in ATL who does the RFAs, nerve blocks, facets with steroids:

https://spinepains.com/

I also see a local doctor that does stem cell injections (allows body to heal itself over time), cold laser (looks like big tanning bed but adjust frequency of laser to best treat pain receptors to not send nasty signals to brain) especially if tweak something at work can stop and spend a half hour on the cold laser bed and walk out pain free.

https://innovationmd.com/about-imd/

Upper right corner of page is menu of all sorts of new treatments, some freshly approved for use others been mainstream for people who seek best in medical care for a decade. If only had VA or other insurance that didn't cover some of these treatments would pay out of pocket. I pay over $10,000 out of pocket every year for treatments insurance has not recognized yet but help manage my pain greatly. If means working a little more or selling some property then I find the cash to pay.

Last edited by hueyville; December 15, 2019 at 09:23.
Old January 10, 2020, 14:58   #225
DSA_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 80089
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Just wanted to share quickly but DSA has been testing a new suppressor gas plug that has been EXTREMELY successful. It's a system that accommodates any length barrel and hope to have it to market soon.

DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2020, 22:19   #226
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

That's awesome...gonna do Inch plugs?

Truth alone"
Old May 01, 2020, 14:23   #227
Bruskie456
Registered

FALaholic #: 83541
DSA FAL adjustable gas plug

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17212-dsa-f...-gas-plug.aspx

Showing In stock right now?!
Bruskie456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2020, 23:55   #228
The Chief
FarkŽn SnÍekee BastÔtch
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 76457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruskie456 View Post

Yessir, just ordered one on Friday -- Mike handed one to Robert for the order as he took my info
COBC #66
(formerly 'Capt D')
The Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2020, 11:38   #229
KERTWOOD
Registered

FALaholic #: 75355

Old July 01, 2020, 10:45   #230
Datchew
Registered

FALaholic #: 65539
very cool mods guys.
How much does it actually knock down the sound?
Datchew is offline   Reply With Quote