The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old February 27, 2020, 10:37   #1
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Bernie's new jobs program to minorities, sell marijuana!

Well,

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it. Sen Sanders wants to start a jobs program encouraging African American and Latinos to sell marijuana, and start their own dispensaries.

That's just what the minority communities need, is more drug dealers right next to abortion clinics. The crazy starts at 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQI...4&spfreload=10

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 10:46   #2
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
Thatís what a real Russian agent looks like comrades
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 11:05   #3
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Well,

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it. Sen Sanders wants to start a jobs program encouraging African American and Latinos to sell marijuana, and start their own dispensaries.

That's just what the minority communities need, is more drug dealers right next to abortion clinics. The crazy starts at 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQI...4&spfreload=10

Thorack
dispensaries equal Federal taxation $$$
note none of these assholes talk at all about letting Joe have a closet garden
just government taxed shit
it would be just like distilling your own whiskey, still licensed and a major felony to do in the kitchen otherwise
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 11:12   #4
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Well,

You left off the other half of his statement, 'rather than let a few corporations control the legalized marijuana market'.

Which of course is what will happen, via regulation and taxation favorable to corps (who of course lobby for them) and easy money via the FED. How can a small biz compete against someone that gets almost free money for investment and legally pays zero to little in income taxes?
Plus will leverage their political muscle to get lots of freebies from local govts because of the jobs they provide and sales tax revenue.

So a market of locally grown and local sold pot by small entrepreneurs will eventually be dominated by a few corps like the tobacco industry is. And really every market in the US is.
Growing pot at an industrial scale with all of the chemicals and pesticides that corporate farming does.

Probably eventually even getting taxpayer $$$ubsides like the corn syrup and sugar industries do.

And yes they will be selling in black neighborhoods and everywhere else there is money to be made.

Crazy Uncle Bernie doesn't sound so crazy after all.

............juanni

Last edited by juanni; February 27, 2020 at 11:33.
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 11:35   #5
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip_drill View Post
Thatís what a real Russian agent looks like comrades
hi

For some reason I donít think Russian Federation Russians wouldnít tolerated such enterprise.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 11:38   #6
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:

Thorack
What's the problem?
Old February 27, 2020, 12:03   #7
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I live in a "legalized pot" state.....
Here's what happens: it creates a ton of complications. Its supposedly legal to use,as long as you don't work in any industry that requires drug testing,like driving trucks,or a bunch of other vocations. If it's legal to buy it,then it most likely is legal to grow it,yourself,and cut out the middle-man,ie; the dealer. I know people who grow it,or have grown it. They end up with more than they can use,and start giving it away,which depresses market values. Its quite simple to grow,has a pretty good yield,and is far more strong in "buzz" than the crap from years ago. Its weird...I can drive down roads around here and there are literally fields of hemp growing,with signs stating that it is not the sort for smoking,so don't bother trying to steal it.
I don't recommend anyone use it. Its like running your blade on a rock. You don't get smarter. I can understand its use for terminal cancer patients,in order for them to eat,and maybe a degree of pain relief.
So,as for Bernie's idea...they would end up selling something that has not that big of profit margin,require some work ethic,paying taxes,keeping tax records,inventories, probably require insurance,in general,everything we in already legal productive occupations have to comply with. Generally,at least to my view,that is precisely opposite to what inner city black youths want,or they'd just resort to selling lighting fixtures,or carpet,or seafood,or plumbing supplies,or any other of a zillion products consumed today. Nothing is stopping them from being productive members of society,other than democrats berating them constantly,and literally paying them,thru welfare and other programs,to not work.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 12:11   #8
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

Why not Malt liquor breweries in African American communities and Tequila distilleries in Latino neighborhoods. There are better choices like Junior/Community colleges.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 12:16   #9
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Well,

Why not Malt liquor breweries in African American communities and Tequila distilleries in Latino neighborhoods. There are better choices like Junior/Community colleges.
Because that is not the choice.

It is supporting small biz or supporting big biz.

...........juanni
Old February 27, 2020, 12:16   #10
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
dispensaries equal Federal taxation $$$
note none of these assholes talk at all about letting Joe have a closet garden
just government taxed shit
it would be just like distilling your own whiskey, still licensed and a major felony to do in the kitchen otherwise
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that we're rapidly decriminalizing marijuana for recreational consumption but still will not allow homegamers to make spirits?

Quote:
Well,

Why not Malt liquor breweries in African American communities and Tequila distilleries in Latino neighborhoods. There are better choices like Junior community colleges.

Thorack
Well, there aren't many Africans in the brewing business - malt liquor or otherwise. There are actually calls in the brewing industry to be more inclusive and/or appeal to a larger demographic since it's pretty much white males who dominate the industry. The dirty secret though is that there just aren't that many black folks interested in brewing. Those who are have never been turned away that I'm aware of; most of the brewers I know are fairly liberal in that regard.

And...you'd have include rum distilleries in the Latino neighborhoods as well as tequila. Rum and tequila, both being somewhat Latin in origin, are widely consumed by the Latino demographic. That, and Mexican beers - and Bud Light.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 12:18   #11
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Well,

Thorack
Oh Lawd! Dat's rasiss!
Old February 27, 2020, 13:09   #12
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Because that is not the choice.

It is supporting small biz or supporting big biz.

...........juanni
As Spock once said, "there are always alternatives..."

Like fat person one day decides to lose weight,and just plain does it. You ain't gonna climb a mountain,unless you climb a mountain. Its that simple. Pick your goal,and achieve it,and don't quit until you do.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 13:37   #13
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Nobody will pay you to be stoned at work.

Nobody can count on you if youíre stoned all the time.

Some people can do it without becoming a useless POS.

Most fail.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 17:45   #14
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
Nobody will pay you to be stoned at work.

Nobody can count on you if youíre stoned all the time.

Some people can do it without becoming a useless POS.

Most fail.
Nobody pays you to be stoned at work is correct the same with drinking at work. Some stoners are highly dependable all the time. The problem is that someone smokes a joint the evening before and is perfectly sober the next morning but the testing doesn't discriminate from actually being high or just a user.

And agree that a lot of people that ingest weed are already stupid enough without needing to add to the level of stupid.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2020, 22:38   #15
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
As Spock once said, "there are always alternatives..."
More funding for community colleges, I guess that is what you are suggesting isn't going to change big corporations backed by Wall St, the FED and gobs of tax loopholes from eventually dominating the legal pot industry and stilling selling it to anyone legally they can, including blacks.

............juanni
Old March 01, 2020, 00:47   #16
Mangi One
Registered

FALaholic #: 1130
0 no not again the dreaded Random Drug Screen

Just a few more years and I can look forward to retirement with a few Positive results!