The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10, 2020, 14:28   #1
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 15514
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,100
Virginia Gov signs gun laws today

What can you say. Our Gov is probably rate behind him.
https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-n...ills-into-law/
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2020, 15:25   #2
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor
 
W.E.G.'s Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1211
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 41,685
__________________
.
.
.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2020, 15:58   #3
imacoonass01
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
imacoonass01's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 80275
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vidor, TX
Posts: 2,568
Wish it were not so, but ^^^THAT^^^ is awesome.
__________________
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.” - - Davy Crockett
imacoonass01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2020, 16:59   #4
Timber Wolf
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 805
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 5,351
One handgun a month ehh? Let’s see, it’s April right? Damn but I am behind on the year! Seriously, we are one election away from similar stuff down here as well.
__________________
First rule of gun fighting: "have a gun!"

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2020, 17:38   #5
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 3,283
All unconstitutional.

I hope someone gives him a dirt nap with a sharp stick to illustrate the pointlessness of his illegal laws stopping 'violence'
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2020, 17:52   #6
Gator Monroe
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 83849
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Oak Run Ca.
Posts: 147
Yet the Socially Liberal Turd Party Types who say "Republicans are the Same as Democrats " & "I would still rather F*%# a Mail Box than vote Republican again" may not remember this in November ...
Gator Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2020, 19:04   #7
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 17,142
Well yesterday was the 155th anniversary of Lee surrendering to Grant in Virginia. Too bad he didn't sign them yesterday...
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2020, 02:03   #8
ALL FAL
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 24447
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,444
A whole Bunch af LAW-FAKERS there Huh?

Anti-gun "laws" are NOT LAWS. ONE BULLET WELL PLACED.
__________________
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2020, 19:56   #9
rowjimmy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 12,411
Well, the background check requirement is clearly about control. De facto registration/paper trail and more money for the state.

The one hand-gun a month might be inconvenient to a collector or competitive shooter who shoots multiple divisions, but not to the person just seeking to buy one for self-defense. This is likely prompted by straw purchases of handguns and their prevalence in crime. We should buy more rifles anyway...much better choice. This is an inconvenience at worst.

The Red Flag law is the most dangerous of this legislation IMO. This will just force more people underground #leresitance
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020, 05:32   #10
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alphaville
Posts: 3,534
Where was NRA? Donating the pen used to sign the bill?
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020, 06:47   #11
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 2,027
Isn't it both ironic and a window into the socialist tyrant Coonman that he would eliminate the requirement that a woman seeking to murder her unborn baby no longer be required a 24hr waiting period because Coonman says it infringes on the woman's rights to be made to wait 24hrs, but that it perfectly OK to trample the rights of all citizens by requiring a "one gun per month" law in the sorry-ass state?

The entire state, including its public schools and state offices, are mandated to honor "Black History Month" during the month of February, but now its OK for any local government to remove any and all Confederate statues or memorials, thereby trashing and erasing the rich history of the state embraced by a significant number of state residents.

You can be certain that these communists will use the pandemic or any other crisis to monkey with the November elections in order to commit voter fraud to maintain their political power in their march to turn Virginia into California.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020, 10:01   #12
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 24,297
Best time in the world to sign a new gun law is when folks are in lock down. Might want to think about that.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020, 10:27   #13
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,501
That’s where Virginia is these days...drugs and abortion are seen as positives, while guns and statues are public enemies.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020, 10:35   #14
Gator Monroe
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 83849
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Oak Run Ca.
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
That’s where Virginia is these days...drugs and abortion are seen as positives, while guns and statues are public enemies.
Many "Socially Liberal" Firearms Enthusiasts think Legalizing Drugs is the right side of history (Not me mind you)
Gator Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020, 13:51   #15
rowjimmy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 12,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
Many "Socially Liberal" Firearms Enthusiasts think Legalizing Drugs is the right side of history (Not me mind you)
Some people just have a consistent and moral view when it comes to human liberty. Why should the government dictate what you can and can't do with your body?

The drug war is an abject failure and has served as a pipeline to the for-profit prison system. Not to mention the expansion of no-knock warrants and civil asset forfeiture laws.

By and large, addiction is a medical problem, and is more prevalent in low socio-economic areas, misery goes hand in hand with using drugs to escape reality. Drugs bring violence because of the black market money available.

Countries that have legalized/decriminalized drugs have seen drops in use (Portugal etc...)
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 00:55   #16
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor
 
brunop's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 17136
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,472
Um, hello?!?!?

Can you knock it off with the logic and actual case studies?


Sheesh.


__________________
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 05:57   #17
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 6,389
I just wanna know why ANYONE is even discussing these non-laws let alone debating them?

Ignore them because they are not legal.

Just because somebody said something doesn't mean you have to do what they said.

If they send their brother to kick your ass because you didn't do what they said you just get your brothers and some rocks and boards and kick their asses and if they come back with bigger kids you do the same and you escalate it until the ones who have the most corrupt criminal pay-off system going gets to win because they pay for hired thugs with your money.

So, what's in your pocket?


__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 08:24   #18
rowjimmy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 12,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
....

So, what's in your pocket?


7.62 NATO
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 11:33   #19
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 13,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
I just wanna know why ANYONE is even discussing these non-laws let alone debating them?

Ignore them because they are not legal.

Just because somebody said something doesn't mean you have to do what they said.

If they send their brother to kick your ass because you didn't do what they said you just get your brothers and some rocks and boards and kick their asses and if they come back with bigger kids you do the same and you escalate it until the ones who have the most corrupt criminal pay-off system going gets to win because they pay for hired thugs with your money.

So, what's in your pocket?


To carry it one further, just because something is legal doesn't make it right never mind make it the right thing to do. In fact if you dig right into it there are times when it's hard to even detect a relationship between legality and what, for lack of a better phrase I'll call 'the right thing'. So where does that leave an illegal law that was structured within a legal system that proudly admits to no relationship with rightness or wrongness in the first place?
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 11:40   #20
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 17,249
Where's the 'just vote them out' guy...?

In a fair 'fight,' that might work...

But here we are...

Forrest
ftierson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 14:34   #21
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
To carry it one further, just because something is legal doesn't make it right never mind make it the right thing to do. In fact if you dig right into it there are times when it's hard to even detect a relationship between legality and what, for lack of a better phrase I'll call 'the right thing'. So where does that leave an illegal law that was structured within a legal system that proudly admits to no relationship with rightness or wrongness in the first place?
it was never about "right" or "wrong"
gun control is about seizing more power for the sake of power,
about people control, for the sake of more control.

which is why our bill of rights and liberties says what it says: to clearly mark the red line infringement of which always sets in motion very unpleasant consequences.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 15:04   #22
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 17,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
it was never about "right" or "wrong"
gun control is about seizing more power for the sake of power,
about people control, for the sake of more control.

which is why our bill of rights and liberties says what it says: to clearly mark the red line infringement of which always sets in motion very unpleasant consequences.
About sums it up...

Forrest
ftierson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 15:41   #23
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 13,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
it was never about "right" or "wrong"
gun control is about seizing more power for the sake of power,
about people control, for the sake of more control.

which is why our bill of rights and liberties says what it says: to clearly mark the red line infringement of which always sets in motion very unpleasant consequences.
Yeah I was just following Steve's line of thought here. Rats do what rat's gonna do of course. Which is why it is pointless to attempt to talk to 'em, to convince 'em. They just need to be removed.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 16:25   #24
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor
 
tdb59's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 63177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ironsman.com
Posts: 11,891
"You can't serve papers on a rat, Baby Sister.
You gotta kill him, or leave him be."




..................
__________________
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
......................
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2020, 17:12   #25
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 17,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
"You can't serve papers on a rat, Baby Sister.
You gotta kill him, or leave him be."




..................
Rooster Cogburn. I think it was the scene by the river at the house. Looking for Ned Pepper.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2020, 18:23   #26
rowjimmy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 12,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Um, hello?!?!?

Can you knock it off with the logic and actual case studies?


Sheesh.


rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2020, 19:12   #27
Gator Monroe
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 83849
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Oak Run Ca.
Posts: 147
Democrats & Republicans are not the same (Logic)
Gator Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files