Notices

Old March 23, 2020, 23:52   #1
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Confession: I picked up a bucket of 300 x .380 today at a premium

I just bought the pistol a few weeks ago and didn't want to buy bulk supplies for it until I knew what it liked.

That didn't age well.

So I have 30 x Hornady Critical defense rounds for it and about 70 x Win range ammo. I've shot up 230 (?) rounds of Winchester 95 gr range stuff and 70 rounds of the critical defense. But I love shooting this thing (S&W .380 EZ). So I picked up a bucket of 300 UMC 95 gr .380 at the Fleet Farm for $101 out the door. That's about a $30 premium over online bulk pricing.

Am I lacking self control? Should I have just waited? It's worth the extra $30 to shoot it now, right? Or do I have a problem?

For those of you unfamiliar with Fleet Farm: muh ha ha ha ha. We got 'em and you don't you poor bitches. Fleet Farm is awesome. But even Fleet Farm was completely out of all 9mm and most pistol ammo.

I think I'll go pop off a couple rounds
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 01:17   #2
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
Well at least you were able to buy some ammo. Pretty dry around here.
Old March 24, 2020, 01:31   #3
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACV View Post
Well at least you were able to buy some ammo. Pretty dry around here.
I reload,and my factory carry ammo was bought a long time ago,,so not sure about these prices,,,but J and G seems to have ammo,,in stock,,,both 380 and 9mm

FMJ on 380 and both FMJ and some premium HP for 9mm.

https://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-handguns-c-25_31.html

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 01:48   #4
MACV
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I reload,and my factory carry ammo was bought a long time ago,,so not sure about these prices,,,but J and G seems to have ammo,,in stock,,,both 380 and 9mm

FMJ on 380 and both FMJ and some premium HP for 9mm.

https://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-handguns-c-25_31.html
No I don't really need any ammo. I don't own a 380. And I have a fair supply of most other calibers
Old March 24, 2020, 02:08   #5
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
No I don't really need any ammo. I don't own a 380. And I have a fair supply of most other calibers
Same here,,,no need to go out and buy anything,,which is very nice,,to be ahead of the curve for a change.

I cut loose some 9mm,223, and oo buck to local Doc/MD friend today when he stopped by.

He had a decent normal stash,,,but seems the teen aged son went shooting with his friends couple months ago,, and forgot to tell his dad about it.

Friend was highly pissed off he was,,when he went to load up his rifles, shotguns, and handguns,,and the stash was empty.

Old March 24, 2020, 03:27   #6
MACV
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Same here,,,no need to go out and buy anything,,which is very nice,,to be ahead of the curve for a change.

I cut loose some 9mm,223, and oo buck to local Doc/MD friend today when he stopped by.

He had a decent normal stash,,,but seems the teen aged son went shooting with his friends couple months ago,, and forgot to tell his dad about it.

Friend was highly pissed off he was,,when he went to load up his rifles, shotguns, and handguns,,and the stash was empty.
Nothing wrong with taking care of friends. We're all in this shit storm together. I go see my heart Dr next week, he's a big time shooter. It will be interesting to get his take on all this. He may need ammo too.
Old March 24, 2020, 05:48   #7
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
muh ha ha ha ha. We got 'em and you don't you poor bitches.
Oh yeah? Well I have a few thousand empty .380 brass, bullets, primers, powder and a Dillon 550B with carbide dies! But after a recent move all that stuff is packed away, somewhere.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 06:41   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Mmmm I wonder if I have any factory 380, I load for 380 but don't recall if I have any factory.
Old March 24, 2020, 10:04   #9
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Nothing wrong with taking care of friends. We're all in this shit storm together. I go see my heart Dr next week, he's a big time shooter. It will be interesting to get his take on all this. He may need ammo too.
Most all of my docs keep weapons and shoot,,,and yep,,,we're all in this shit pile together.