Notices

Old March 14, 2020, 07:19   #1
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Ammunition sales surge amid coronavirus concerns

Ammunition sales surge amid coronavirus concerns

Quote:
Ammo sales are surging amid coronavirus concerns.

“It’s nationwide. All major distributors right now are sold out completely of 9 millimeters,” he said.

Ammos sales have tripled here in the last two weeks. While this store and others we reached out to still have ammo in stock, it’s unclear when re-supply shipments are coming.

“People see it, they’ll buy it because they don’t want to be without,” said Steven McPhee of Cape Coral.
https://www.winknews.com/2020/03/13/...irus-concerns/
Old March 14, 2020, 07:45   #2
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
Reloading, even 9mm, is looking better every day ain't it.

My shelves are bowing now, and plenty of brass and cast projos to still mate up.
Old March 14, 2020, 19:49   #3
partisan50
Registered

FALaholic #: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefarmer View Post
Reloading, even 9mm, is looking better every day ain't it.

My shelves are bowing now, and plenty of brass and cast projos to still mate up.
I started reloading back in the mid 1980s and reloading 9mm since the late 80s. I always bought components in bulk and was reloading 9mm and 38spl for $1.75/box. The cheapest reloads were $5.00/box. It don't take long on a progressive press to load pistol ammo.
partisan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2020, 12:55   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
LGS sold all bulk ammo out yesterday that was left. Have a half dozen 1,200 & 1,600 round cases ordered in past eight weeks not opened or put up for long term storage yet. If they have any issues restocking Monday will likely take half to them so can keep clients happy. Some is too specialized to take to retail store for panic buyers. Have more 5.56 than can ever shoot. Wife and I did another 10,000 count run of 5.56 between Thanksgiving and Christmas with about 6,000 more cases prepped towards next run and trying to concentrate on 6.8 spc II, 458 SOCOM, 6.5 Creed and keep up with my constant consumption of 45 acp and wife's 160 grain cast 7.62×39.

She much prefers to practice with 7.62 cast in SKS than anything else because she is cheap. Knows I recycle all lead bullets fired into bullet traps, get 7.62×39 steel cases free and boxer primed brass cases last near forever with a tad of Reloader 7 pushing the powder coated lead gas check projectiles since began making our own gas checks. Amazing how cheap it is too shoot ×39 when use free recycled lead, free home punched gas checks and load to just high enough pressure to cycle her SKSs. She will practice with AR 15 enough that controls are intuitive but only have 75 yards max range inside fence of back yard with three traps that will stop all pistol and low powered cast lead rifles such as ×39, subsonic 338 Federal, subsonic 458 SOCOM, etc.

5.56 M193 will ruin a set of strike plates quickly and 855 burns nice round holes even if angle is shallow as 30° on strike plates. 5.56 55 grain swaged soft lead will not ruin traps as jackets are so thin and alloy soft but she knows how much effort goes into drawing out cases into jackets, trimmimg, casting cores, swaging bullets then running through pointing die so she will seldom shoot many of them except to stay proficient and in tune with her fighting rifle. Wife is deadly to our fence line with either an SKS or AR 15 which is really all I need her to be if have to press her into a defensive roll. She is also very proficient with her Walther PK380s and Colt Diamondback 38s for close quarters indoors. She needs her wheelchair in public about 25% of trips out of house and we have turned it into a mini gun ship with rear and side storage pockets plus Kevlar seat pads.

Never can tell when the next panic will start, how long will last and how high prices will go. Pays to always be heavy enough on commercial ammo to sell for profit and use handloads for personal use. Would never sell my premium military ammo but M193, M855 and 7.62 M80 ball are always good movers along with 7.62×39 in sealed cans. Rim fire runs first and has the best margin so watching that market next few weeks to see if demand out runs supply.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2020, 13:04   #5
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
There are 2 trains of thought about having thousands of rounds.. those that have this believe they need this to sustain a long dry spell or they are going to use their home as a base of operations that is immune from attacks from hordes of looters or government agents who disapprove of your long term survival plans because they go contrary to their agenda... having 50K rounds of ammo will do you no good when this governments agents or looters set fire to your home and the shit all cooks off while u burn to death... this is how they do it folks.

Then there is the mindset that I subscribe to that I don’t want any more ammo than I can carry in 2 loadouts... mobility and being where the enemy (or virus)or threat can’t find you is a sound tactic especially in the current crisis.

That being said ammo prices in my area are going through the roof

Last edited by Tip_drill; March 15, 2020 at 13:20.
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2020, 13:11   #6
Tip_drill
Registered

I have my old TAP loaded with 8ea 30 rd mags and my IFAC ... I don’t want to hump anymore ammo than this in addition to my other equipment if I had to bug out ... I’m talking about on foot because roads will be the worst place to travel on if Tshtf
Old March 15, 2020, 14:50   #7
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
Will trade ammo for toilet paper. Contact me at stinkybutt.com
Old March 16, 2020, 10:17   #8
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip_drill View Post
There are 2 trains of thought about having thousands of rounds.. those that have this believe they need this to sustain a long dry spell or they are going to use their home as a base of operations that is immune from attacks from hordes of looters or government agents who disapprove of your long term survival plans because they go contrary to their agenda... having 50K rounds of ammo will do you no good when this governments agents or looters set fire to your home and the shit all cooks off while u burn to death... this is how they do it folks.

Then there is the mindset that I subscribe to that I don’t want any more ammo than I can carry in 2 loadouts... mobility and being where the enemy (or virus)or threat can’t find you is a sound tactic especially in the current crisis.

That being said ammo prices in my area are going through the roof
You are assuming they plan to use it in a defensive manner.
Old March 16, 2020, 10:35   #9
Tip_drill
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
You are assuming they plan to use it in a defensive manner.
I have so much “faith” that gun owners, conservatives and patriots are going to band together and resist the tyranny in this country that I plan on walking into Mexico to escape the inevitable chaos when it kicks off.... ALONE

In the military ,we considered having an enemy isolated,holed up or confined into a building or home that was surrounded by US forces as almost the ideal scenario..., we got u by the nutz .. just ask qusay and uday Hussein ... their ammo fort was bigger than most here

You sound like u watch a lot of Rambo movies bro... One man armies are Hollywood fiction... Militaries defeat enemies by ganging up on them with superior numbers and superior technology and kick the shit out of them.

Any Force especially a government one is going to show up at your home under a shtf scenario and give you the option to surrender or they will use an incendiary device to burn you and your ammo fort down... By the time they get to your house they will have done this so many times their technique will be perfected.. a group such as antifa won’t even give you the option to surrender first .

I can give you many examples of this government doing just what I am describing, going after an individual or a small group and murdering them while “patriots” such as some of those here cheered their actions on and celebrated the governments tactics because they “had it coming”..

This is the harsh reality I foresee.... I certainly hope no one here has to experience any of this nastiness .

Last edited by Tip_drill; March 16, 2020 at 11:21.
Old March 16, 2020, 11:46   #10
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
I see this "reality" too - there are plenty of people that were on the side of the Feds when Waco happened. They had to pull the "I voted for Goldwater" trick later once they saw what happened.

Meanwhile, you overestimate the numbers of military and police forces in the United States. 1MM members of active duty armed forces stateside? 10% "shooters" = 100,000. That's (avg) 2,000 per state.

You said, "In a SHTF scenario...". How many people does it take the U.S. Army to set up and run an FOB in one single metro area with political unrest? Los Angeles County has over 140,000 armed gang members - more than standing armies of half of NATO members. How many members of the military will it take to "manage" that geographic location: coastline, mountains, dense suburban & urban - plus semi-rural & rural populations, too. Greater area runs from Mexican border to the Grapevine, and from the coast to the desert east of Riverside. Those four counties are 12MM people, and it's 37,000 square miles. It'd be like trying to manage Serbia (smaller and less people) - but there's also a large coastline and a Not-A-Border (tm) with Mexico. And millions of people who eat due to Electronic Debit Cards - so possibly starving. Forget NYC, Boston, Washington D.C., Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, Kansas City, Seattle, Portland, Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Birmingham, Miami, and fifty other metro areas I didn't think of off the top of my head. How are 1MM people managing these sites?

So if it's not Big Army + Marines, who are going to be very busy, which group is going to do that "collect the guns & ammo" thing?

SF?
National Guard?
Local SWAT?

I dunno, man. I do know this: one 'rogue' cop named Dormer tied down ten domestic agencies for weeks. I also know that 300 auxiliaries supporting 30 'team members' with 6 shooters (total) tied down thousands of Brit troops in Ireland for half a decade or more. Now the Brits are more civilized than any occupying force on planet earth - they deserve credit for not putting Ghandi in a 55 gal barrel and shrugging their shoulders.

That being said, I doubt the U.S. forces are going to go door-to-door and burning out U.S. citizens. Maybe I'm just hopeful, but I think they're going to be too busy to wonder about my garage. In small places like this, I suspect they'll be glad to have an area to not worry about.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago

Last edited by brunop; March 16, 2020 at 11:59.
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 11:48   #11
Tip_drill
Registered

I’m not overestimating bro, it’s going to take them time to get to you... but they will be coming if you resist their agenda.

Under the current situation, it might be mandatory testing where if you test positive or resist you get “detained “ and or vaccinations ,a forced quarantine on a base or makeshift camp etc.. it’s all speculation for purposes of preparedness and conversation at this point.

If it gets to the captain caveman, teowaki type scenario it’s not the men in us military uniform you have to worry about so much.. it’s the paid mercenaries this government and the UN likes to hire to do their very nasty work for them while maintaining plausible deniability... these clowns will be dressed like they came out of a LL bean store ready to go fly fishing with coyote brown plate carriers over their flannel shirts.

Last edited by Tip_drill; March 16, 2020 at 12:06.
Old March 16, 2020, 12:21   #12
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

... and speaking Bulgarian. I know.

We'll see. Like you said, I hope we don't get to experience this type of fun.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old March 16, 2020, 12:30   #13
Tip_drill
Registered

My main point in all this is if you are not prepared to do all out band together war with them ( . yea right) then your best bet is to avoid them and be where they can’t find you.

I am speaking as a single man with no family, material possessions (besides those that fit into a filbe backpack)or ties to keep me here or a slave to the system ... so take that for what it’s worth YMMV
Old March 16, 2020, 16:22   #14
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I'm adding future tax payers to the roles for your medicare and ss payments.

We could leave, but I don't want to be a refugee, either. Moving family of seven ain't that easy. Plus there's a tiny farm here that makes food.

I'm planning on sharing what I've got until it's gone. We'll see how that works out.
Old March 16, 2020, 17:44   #15
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I see this "reality" too - there are plenty of people that were on the side of the Feds when Waco happened. They had to pull the "I voted for Goldwater" trick later once they saw what happened.

Meanwhile, you overestimate the numbers of military and police forces in the United States. 1MM members of active duty armed forces stateside? 10% "shooters" = 100,000. That's (avg) 2,000 per state.

You said, "In a SHTF scenario...". How many people does it take the U.S. Army to set up and run an FOB in one single metro area with political unrest? Los Angeles County has over 140,000 armed gang members - more than standing armies of half of NATO members. How many members of the military will it take to "manage" that geographic location: coastline, mountains, dense suburban & urban - plus semi-rural & rural populations, too. Greater area runs from Mexican border to the Grapevine, and from the coast to the desert east of Riverside. Those four counties are 12MM people, and it's 37,000 square miles. It'd be like trying to manage Serbia (smaller and less people) - but there's also a large coastline and a Not-A-Border (tm) with Mexico. And millions of people who eat due to Electronic Debit Cards - so possibly starving. Forget NYC, Boston, Washington D.C., Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, Kansas City, Seattle, Portland, Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Birmingham, Miami, and fifty other metro areas I didn't think of off the top of my head. How are 1MM people managing these sites?

So if it's not Big Army + Marines, who are going to be very busy, which group is going to do that "collect the guns & ammo" thing?

SF?
National Guard?
Local SWAT?

I dunno, man. I do know this: one 'rogue' cop named Dormer tied down ten domestic agencies for weeks. I also know that 300 auxiliaries supporting 30 'team members' with 6 shooters (total) tied down thousands of Brit troops in Ireland for half a decade or more. Now the Brits are more civilized than any occupying force on planet earth - they deserve credit for not putting Ghandi in a 55 gal barrel and shrugging their shoulders.

That being said, I doubt the U.S. forces are going to go door-to-door and burning out U.S. citizens. Maybe I'm just hopeful, but I think they're going to be too busy to wonder about my garage. In small places like this, I suspect they'll be glad to have an area to not worry about.
You're far more polite than I concerning this utter non sense,,,the USA military will EVER go house to house collecting firearms.

We have about 18,000,000 vets in this country,,,3,000,000 plus that have served since 9/11,,and another 6,000,000,,,my generation from Vietnam,,the rest from Korean and WWII.

https://www.census.gov/library/stori...-veterans.html

Another 25,000,000 hunters,,if not far more,,millions of them prepper people,,and on and on.

Why has MA, NY, NJ, CT, VA, CA, WA, OR, etc,,,knot heads never tried to go house to house searching out firearms?????

And some people actually believe,,,OUR USA military,,,made up of our sons, daughters,,husbands, wives,,aunts and uncles,,cousins,etc,,,would actually attack their own families.

Besides being out numbered 100 or more to one,,,no one(gun grabber) ever wishes to give the mass of American gun owners/with millions of trained combat vets,,, a clear target to bust dead off in the asses.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 18:10   #16
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
Saw a story with a line of people outside of a gun store. Was wondering if they were unprepared snowflakes or patriots that finally recognize that our country is under attack from the subversive media being handled by Global Elites and corrupts politicians willing to destroy the country to accomplish their gains.

There are less than 100 deaths in 9 weeks in a country that takes 4 days to drive across. There are 48 people per day killed in traffic accidents. More people have died from violent assaults in just one quadrant of Chicago during the same span as this virus.

Last edited by gentlemanjoe; March 16, 2020 at 19:02.
gentlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 18:58   #17
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
Vages gun store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Risbi82nr0k&t=156s
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 23:24   #18
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
SG Ammo not taking any orders so many sales say may be able take more by weeks end. Many sites checked very limited supplies of only expensive specialty ammo left. Worse fast run than Sandy Hook when ammo production down 20%. Can't even find 22 Nosler, 6.8, 458 SOCOM and other flavors of brass in bulk at fair prices for reloading.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote