Old February 22, 2020, 08:42   #551
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
As for your comments about our military,,,I'll offer this;
If the USSR/China/EU/ anyone or any country,,or any group of countries could defeat the US military,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would have been done already.
Best way to defeat the US is to leave it alone. People here will not be able to handle it and will find something to be completely outraged about enough to burn cities down.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2020, 13:08   #552
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Best way to defeat the US is to leave it alone. People here will not be able to handle it and will find something to be completely outraged about enough to burn cities down.
Yep!

Back to the virus,,,,now running hard in South Korea

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51596665

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2020, 14:03   #553
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
From USA Today

CDC is preparing for the 'likely' spread of coronavirus in the US, officials say

Quote:
“We’re not seeing community spread here in the United States, yet, but it’s very possible, even likely, that it may eventually happen,” she said. “Our goal continues to be slowing the introduction of the virus into the U.S. This buys us more time to prepare communities for more cases and possibly sustained spread.”

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2020, 16:00   #554
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
Interesting. Don't think these guys won't use it.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN20G075
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2020, 22:36   #555
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

First the virus,,,now the locusts,,,

https://www.thedailybeast.com/after-...hat-hits-china

Old February 23, 2020, 18:44   #556
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
I heard about this in an interview I was listening to today.

Does anyone remember this report from last summer?

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-48904350

Link to the interview at SGT Report on Youtube.
https://youtu.be/-HE-F7sFrig?list=TL...MjDnKCMJMrnesA

This could add more credibility to the theory that the Chinese government released this virus on purpose for cover to quash protest and round up demonstrators.

This virus seems to have thrown ice water on the protests in Hong Kong, too.

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 16:51   #557
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
I heard about this in an interview I was listening to today.

Does anyone remember this report from last summer?

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-48904350

Link to the interview at SGT Report on Youtube.
https://youtu.be/-HE-F7sFrig?list=TL...MjDnKCMJMrnesA

This could add more credibility to the theory that the Chinese government released this virus on purpose for cover to quash protest and round up demonstrators.

This virus seems to have thrown ice water on the protests in Hong Kong, too.

That BBC report can't possibly be true,,, why,,several folks here about are convinced,,,that China is some 1st world power,,,with a military capable of jumping tall buildings in a single bound.

If any country can't feed its people,,,,handle even normal waste materials,,,keep the air somewhat clean enough to take in without causing massive numbers of cancers,,,,,,,,,,everything else they claim to be capable of,,is just hog wash,,,if they can locate a pig or two not infected and dying to even wash.

Back to the virus,,,,Italy seems to be in pure panic mode,,,shutting down schools,,factories,,and whole cities.

Old February 24, 2020, 16:56   #558
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
That BBC report can't possibly be true,,, why,,several folks here about are convinced,,,that China is some 1st world power,,,with a military capable of jumping tall buildings in a single bound.

If any country can't feed its people,,,,handle even normal waste materials,,,keep the air somewhat clean enough to take in without causing massive numbers of cancers,,,,,,,,,,everything else they claim to be capable of,,is just hog wash,,,if they can locate a pig or two not infected and dying to even wash.

Back to the virus,,,,Italy seems to be in pure panic mode,,,shutting down schools,,factories,,and whole cities.
You're right, the BBC report can't possibly be true...

But keep on dreaming. Clearly, if you say it enough you'll probably believe it...

Unfortunately, others will probably believe it too, and that might influence their preparations for the future in unproductive ways...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 17:45   #559
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
You're right, the BBC report can't possibly be true...

But keep on dreaming. Clearly, if you say it enough you'll probably believe it...

Unfortunately, others will probably believe it too, and that might influence their preparations for the future in unproductive ways...

Forrest
You and I agree on about 99% of everything around here,,,,,but this one ain't one of them.

China can fly her nukes,,,some of them,,many of them,,will most likely hit close to their targets.

Conventional forces,,,,,,,simply not impressed with their abilities.

When China opened up their country to the west way back when,,,advent of TV, Radio, cell phones,,internet to the common man and woman,,access to westerners,,foreign markets,,them former peasants now want "stuff" they see everyone else in the world having,,,interest in the "communist struggle" began to wane and quickly.

I look at China,,like I did Russia/USSR.
The "common people" just want to have a nice life,,better life for their kids,,no war,,no taking over the world crap.

China,,by their actions,,,are terrified of allowing their people to practice their Christian faith,,,why,,because they (communist) can't compete with a common pastor,,,same thing for their treatment of the muzzies that live in China.

China formed a huge ass land army,,still maintains it,,somewhat,,why,,,since no one wants to invade China?????
A large ass army,,,is one way,,,to keep young men "busy",,,,with a paycheck,,food,,basic medical care,,creating a "communist" style middle class from otherwise rice planting dirt poor peasants.

A large army,,also keeps the communist in power,,,not just by the threat of a gun barrel,,but with,,,a large enough army,,has enough families with a member or two in uniform,,,with "perks" to keep those extended families inline.

China is leveraged about max,,,and now with this shutdown nearly nation wide,,,China is about to go broke,,within 60 days or so,,if this current crisis does not slow down,,go away.

Small businesses inside China account for about 98% of the weekly paychecks,,and those businesses are closed down.

And,,last thing,,for me,,,Trump is not going nuts over this,,,why,,because he gets the finest daily brief of any leader worldwide,,,,far from perfect,,,but better than anyone else,,and he was already in an economic war with these folks,,,and never involve yourself when your enemy is cutting their own throats.

Trump is in India today,,,the second largest population on earth,,and announced the sale of 5 billion in advance weapon systems,,and India is,,right next door to China.

This was not done by accident........................

Old February 24, 2020, 19:25   #560
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Interesting development if true.
Some people have no symptoms but are infectious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFoj2L2LpNA
Old February 24, 2020, 19:28   #561
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Harvard University epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch is predicting the coronavirus "will ultimately not be containable" and, within a year, will infect somewhere between 40 and 70 percent of humanity, The Atlantic reports. But don't be too alarmed. Many of those people, Lipsitch clarifies, won't have severe illnesses or even show symptoms at all, which is already the case for many people who have tested positive for the virus.

That's precisely why he doesn't think the virus can be stopped. Viruses like SARS, MERS, and the avian flu were eventually contained in part because they were more intense and had a higher fatality rate. In other words, if you were infected by the virus that caused SARS, chances were you weren't out and about. But because the current coronavirus, known as COVID-19, can be asymptomatic, or at least very mild, there's a better chance people will likely go about their day as normal. The down side, though, is that it becomes harder to trace and prevent. In that sense it's similar to the flu, which can also be deadly, but often passes without the infected person seeking medical care.
https://news.yahoo.com/harvard-scien...195800282.html
Old February 24, 2020, 19:58   #562
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I have a difficult time trying to swallow that China let this loose to quell Hong Kong. They are loosing a gazillion dollars a day,every day,that they stay isolated from the markets. This was just about the last thing they needed.That and locusts. Even Russia slammed the border shut on them.
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 20:01   #563
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
I have a difficult time trying to swallow that China let this loose to quell Hong Kong. They are loosing a gazillion dollars a day,every day,that they stay isolated from the markets. This was just about the last thing they needed.That and locusts. Even Russia slammed the border shut on them.
Yep,,,and don;t forget,,,they've lost their pigs and chickens as well,,,to another virus.

Old February 24, 2020, 21:00   #564
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
That and locusts. Even Russia slammed the border shut on them.
The Chinese are like locusts. They are the majority in Vancouver, B.C.
They have a very large presence in Seattle area. And no, these are not all the descendants of the coolies brought here to build railroads.

They are also incredibly abundant in the Russian Far East.
Why wouldn't Russia slam the border shut if there is an imminent threat.
They do business together, they are not friends or relatives.
I believe they will some day take over the Russian Far East by just being there and multiplying.
IIRC, Russia got that area during a particularly weak point in the very long history of China.

They have a huge presence in Africa and are buying up huge tracts of potential farmland.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Old February 25, 2020, 07:40   #565
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
They are also incredibly abundant in the Russian Far East.
Why wouldn't Russia slam the border shut if there is an imminent threat.
Based on Chinese history, how long until they say the virus was created in a Russian research lab and they had to close the border to protect the Chinese subjects?
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 08:35   #566
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Based on Chinese history, how long until they say the virus was created in a Russian research lab and they had to close the border to protect the Chinese subjects?
The Russians are already suggesting that it was US that did this...

Most don't realize yet that the world is changed forever by all this and we won't be going back to 'normal.'

But normalcy bias is just normal...

Forrest
Old February 25, 2020, 10:44   #567
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:

Most don't realize yet that the world is changed forever by all this and we won't be going back to 'normal.'

Forrest
There is a video posted in another thread that is made by Milenial Millie that shows us that this virus could be a tool to take our government from us. You have to watch the video to understand.

If an emergency is declared over this Trump loses his power as potus and the deep state takes over.

Point being, you would never stand for Martial and be forced to stay in your home. You would out of fear stay in quarantine. Perfect tool to gain control.

Last edited by Bawana jim; February 25, 2020 at 11:49.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 18:39   #568
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
well, Iran screwed up and released actual numbers and you're not going to like it

the numbers that they reported shows a 19% death rate
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 18:54   #569
Bawana jim
Registered

I wasn't happy Schumer was trying to start a panic today.
Old February 25, 2020, 18:57   #570
Shoots High
previously "powderhead"

FALaholic #: 18717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
There is a video posted in another thread that is made by Milenial Millie that shows us that this virus could be a tool to take our government from us. You have to watch the video to understand.

If an emergency is declared over this Trump loses his power as potus and the deep state takes over.

Point being, you would never stand for Martial and be forced to stay in your home. You would out of fear stay in quarantine. Perfect tool to gain control.
Linky thingy??
Shoots High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 20:01   #571
Bawana jim
Registered

So it looks like the virus will hit kali and wipe out the homeless first, who'd a thunk it?
Old February 25, 2020, 20:24   #572
ftierson
Registered

Xinhua news service is now referring to President Xi in print and on TV as 'Xi the Commander.'

Well, that sounds slightly ominous...

At least to some...

Forrest
Old Yesterday, 00:53   #573
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:

Forrest
Maybe we did...and the Chinese stole it.....
They've been on a tear lately,stealing all sorts of tech from the west. This was a dirt bike they couldn't handle. Who knows. Well,somebody knows.
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51   #574
Oz308
Registered

FALaholic #: 68280
:-(

Quote:
I wasn't happy Schumer was trying to start a panic today.

Never let a good crisis go to waste, BJ

Regardless of how this all started, remember it's an election year, here- somehow, DJT and/or the 'Horrible Deplorables' will get the blame.

Sounds ridiculous, but if it starts to take root here, they'll grab hold of the issue, and twist it anyway they can for political advantage.

Even if DJT did everything possible to help the situation, mustered every type of qualified people to help out....they'd still paint it as 'not good enough', or hell, even racist, xenophobic, etc.

And yeah, it wouldn't even shock me if the swamp powers used such a situation to try and control or stomp people. I know that sounds like total tinfoil, but I've gotten to the point, that nothing they'd do shocks me anymore. I do truly believe, the swamp things will do anything to maintain their money, power, and position.

BOTH 'sides' of the aisle. Red or blue is an illusion. Swamp creatures are purple.

We're expendable. If we don't or won't comply and obey, so be it. Isn't that what the supposed 40 million illegals are for, the 'contingency' replacements?

And if some of them wake up a bit, and end up raising a ruckus, they can be replaced as well, plenty of other countries to choose from.

At least that's what it now feels like to me.
Oz308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14   #575
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
[snip]...shows us that this virus could be a tool to take our government from us. [/snip]
Two replies:

1) "It" has already been taken from us.

2) "They" can have it!

Is my reply too cynical?

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:46   #576
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Two replies:

2) "They" can have it!

Is my reply too cynical?
I am cynical. I experienced corrupt government first hand and will never trust them again. However I don't think they have full control over us as long as Trump is in there. The nameless faceless buearcrats do run the country but Trump is making it hard for them.
Old Yesterday, 08:59   #577
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Got a phone call from a doctor friend last night and text from another this morning saying to elevate our groups status to DEFCON 3 as we may need to consider going to ground and avoiding ALL public contact soon due to Coronavirus. The husband/wife team who are both doctors said will be dropping off a suitcase of clothing, supply of I.V. fluids, antivirals, other specific meds that can't be obtained at pharmacies or scrounge to augment my supply and two trunk loads of emergency food at my house as have a dozen well chosen people who will rally on the Ponderosa and all three doctors on the list now discussing it seriously for first time. Y'all may want to be thinking flu shots and stockpiling lots of antivirals.

In thirty years with last twenty being serious planning and stockpiling of survival goods this is the first time any in the group have assembled mentioned an actual need to impliment and the three doctors have contacted me in pas 48 hours even offering cash to buy more filters for my whole house positive pressure filtration system. Very scary, asked how many filters had for gas masks which I said won't need unless go outside and have enough at over 200 Swiss made, 200 Israeli and 100 plus U.S. NBC filters for over two dozen masks. They are putting all employees in gloves and masks at work starting next Monday.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24   #578
Bawana jim
Registered

Just a point of view and probably not worth your time to read it.

Last edited by Bawana jim; Yesterday at 14:47.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41   #579
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Two replies:

2) "They" can have it!

Is my reply too cynical?
Yes, it does sound cynical.

But, also realistic and about sums it up...

Forrest
Old Yesterday, 14:45   #580
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I know the U.S. only has enough innoculations, antivirals and such to treat 1/3 of population. If we have a real pandemic it all goes to government, military and emergency responders. If any is left goes to critical infrastructure technicians. Most hospitals run 85% to 90% capacity. In a matterrible of days most will have to chain the doors. In past ten years most body armor I sold was to repo men and skip tracers aka bounty men. About five years ago doctors began to buy and past two years are my number one buyers, especially of covert.

It started when I began to wear daily even to doctors. Would have to undo a strap or remove based on exam and they would ask questions. Sold a kit to most of my doctors and their wives then they told others in the trade and passed on my contact information. Many are in fear when lock up offices, especially when dark on short winter days. Hospital parking lots are some of the highest crime areas but it's not talked about. When people have dying wife or kids at home and are told the supply has run out many will try desperate measures to get medicine.

Was told straight up by the doctor I know who is a full time drug researcher for two big pharmaceuticals that the current flu shots have no effect to slow corona. Antivirals help if able to keep victims hydrated and medicated with I.V. antivirals. I have always kept at least two dozen liter bags of I.V. saline, half dozen lactated ringers and half dozen 5% dextrose, doc said is going to drop another box of assorted that is slightly out of date as never really goes bad even though we can make more in-house if need. I actually keep several adjustable pipets for drawing precise amounts of liquid injectables at much finer resolution than able to with a syringe. Many drugs can be combined or compounded if have the right ingredients, tools and knowledge.

While my house is full positive pressure and sealed from outside totally if need and have all I need to build a dual chamber airlock had not thought of a quarantine room. Am picking up some extra supplies and equipment to seal and vent one room if have a half dozen people locked in and one starts showing symptoms of anything contagious. Can't have everyone sick and nobody to stand their watch or give care to the sick. Would be my luck my primary physician and key combat experienced ex military would be the ones to get sick and can't let them die. I hold the secrets to the entire Ponderosa and keeping power up, watts properly allocated, where all ammo and specialty items are stored along with only one that can set up the radar and Lidar. Seismic sensors just have to be turned on but have hundreds of steel cans with supplies purposely marked in code as don't want anyone who sees them to know all the contents. Wife knows a lot of that to a degree and much less likely to catch a flu bug based on past history.

While I have redundant overkill unless multiple occupants survive a year without resupply everyone should know how to start an I.V. and have a few bags on hand and knowledge to make I.V. saline. Most online recipes are for nasal or opthalmic use, not direct to blood stream which needs to be much more sterile. IV Saline Market and IVtoGo.Com are a couple of places to get started with purchases, some B vitamins and C additives are good to have if understand how to administer and why. Remember everything has to be sterile so a pressure cooker can be used for that.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old Yesterday, 15:15   #581
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Not an intentional snark or directed at anyone, but...

No one here gets out alive.

This is also not a defeatist sentiment, it is the reality of physical existence.
I am comforted by the knowledge that soul does not perish.

Carlos Castenada
Old Yesterday, 18:38   #582
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I am comforted by the knowledge that soul does not perish.
Can anyone prove this? Help a guy out.

Old Yesterday, 20:36   #583
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Can anyone prove this? Help a guy out.
I can not prove it to anyone else, but I have proven it sufficiently to myself.
Soul is energy and energy can't be killed.
It merely changes form.

This is my belief based on experience.

Others may share it or not.

Carlos Castenada
Old Today, 00:47   #584
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Xinhua news service is now referring to President Xi in print and on TV as 'Xi the Commander.'

Well, that sounds slightly ominous...

At least to some...
By the way, the PRC has a launch scheduled on Saturday (but might be delayed slightly) for a Long March 3B with the Beidou-3 G2 payload.

Now, Chinese launches are not rare (they had more launhes last year than anyone else, of course). However, this one has some special significance because it completes the geosynchronous shell of their GPS system (last satellite needed).

Their system uses satellites in a couple of different orbital 'shells' including a geosynchronous shell (unlike most other nations).

Of course, almost all modern weapons, tactical or strategic, use GPS targeting systems (there are other targeting systems too, of course, but GPS has become the most important).

You need your own GPS system for warfighting since someone else's system can be denied you when you might need it most.

We have our Global Positioning System (GPS), the Russian Federation (following on from the Soviet Union) has their GLONASS, and the Chinese have Beidou.

You certainly wouldn't want to start anything without your GPS up and running...

Forrest
Old Today, 12:58   #585
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Very interesting vaccine approach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV1CZxJ-uvU
Old Today, 13:02   #586
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Doc told me today all his normal vendors are out of medically certified sterile N95 masks. Told him I had plenty as well as industrial supply which he is going to pick some up bit said medical industry frowns on materials off retail shelves.
Old Today, 14:03   #587
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Lock down millions of people,,,food trucks stop running,,officials steal food to feed their own families.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...irus-lockdown/

Old Today, 14:08   #588
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

These folks are still shipping masks,,,,not made in China.

50 masks for 50.00

https://israelifirstaid.com/israeli-...eid=f3eb5253e0

Old Today, 14:24   #589
Bawana jim
Registered

Look, you have up to 40 million illegals here in America and they are not prepared. They have to get out and eat so they will spread it if they have it. If you can't even close the border do you think you will quarantine 40 million hungry flu filled folks?

Now add to that the hundreds of thousands of homeless that live on the streets, do you think they will abide by a quarantine when they get hungry? Heck they have been living on the streets like it is the 16th century just waiting for a plague to hit.

We outsourced our medical supplies to China and can't even put mask on the people here.

The flu hits more than once on the same person so how many time will illegals go back and forth over the border and spread it again?

Our healthcare system can't give 40 million illegals full care and have enough to cover Americans too.

Face up to it, if this is real then we sold out to China and now it's getting our payback.
Old Today, 14:25   #590
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
Don't think theyre n95 level. .
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:42   #591
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harwell View Post
Don't think theyre n95 level. .
Listed for 99.5 % ??? of bacteria and virus,,,,,protection,,I trust them better than;
Made in China,,,like many n95 rated ones are sold here,,,,

Like you and many other folks around here,,,been stocked for something like this for years/decades,,,but for others,,,its a source,,,but looking at their web site,,,they are selling out fast,,,everyone is,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,since they make their own, in their own country,,,read in Hebrew press,,,,companies are now running 24/7,,,even on sabbath,,,

When its time for me and mine to wear masks,,its well past time to lock the front gate,,,turn on the coffee pot,,and settle down for a while.

Old Today, 14:51   #592
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
These folks are still shipping masks,,,,not made in China.

50 masks for 50.00

https://israelifirstaid.com/israeli-...eid=f3eb5253e0
Those are no better than a cotton bandana. When wife still practiced denistry would go two to three of those per patient. A box of 50 would last her two days. We have at least 500 of the light surgical masks but from what I have read from credible sources they are near useless against Wuhan Flu virus and need to be changed several times per day if exposed to people. Looked today and recently could buy a dozen N95 (removes 95% of fine particulates) for $20 and today they are $12 to $20 each. Went to see what gas mask filters are bringing and price has increased by a factor of 5x to 10x. Saw a used Avon military gas mask already bid up to $350 and was buying them new for $99 not long ago.

MSA Advantage masks are $200 withe one filter and MSA Millinium masks are $439 with one filter and spare filters are $50 each. Have six Millinium and six Advantage masks in basement with 144 MSA filters, 220 Swiss made NBC filters and over 400 Israeli filters and two dozen Israeli masks. Have a half dozen of the US issue cold war issue "cheek filter" masks where have to remove mask to change filter but have over 100 filter sets for them so keep them aroumd. Have pair of Avon masks with battery powered fans to make breathing more natural and total of a dozen masks with built in microphones so are radio ready. I could cash in big but not selling a single unit now.

At work I have four 3M full face respirators and at least two dozen filters per mask. Have several 20 count boxes of N95 masks at work and over 100 at home. Wife has two suitcases full of surgical masks in her dental supplies. Every vehicle we own has two Israeli gas masks with pair of spare filters in case we are caught out and have a Hazmat issue or some unforseen issue with the atmosphere. I have planned for this over 30 years and bought masks/filters like most buy hamburgers and sodas. I am looking at a 20 count box of 3M N95 masks still sealed with price of 29.95 and this same box is now $229.95 on Amazon. If you didn't already stock up and need them may be screwed or have to pay some hoarder like me whatever price they name. I hoarded for my health and that of the team so mine stay till someone comes with guns and takes them.

People that have made fun of my whole house positive pressure filtered system and NBC rated air filtration in panic room may be wishing they had done so if Wuhan gets hold in U.S. People say the percentages of deaths in China are not worse than average but when has China told the truth. Fact they have so many doctors dying like the one whour raised the flag over this bug from treating it and that local doctors are concerned is enough for me. Clean air is important as clean water but seems like everyone has water filtration but few have air filtration.
Old Today, 14:59   #593
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Those are no better than a cotton bandana. When wife still practiced denistry would go two to three of those per patient. A box of 50 would last her two days. We have at least 500 of the light surgical masks but from what I have read from credible sources they are near useless against Wuhan Flu virus and need to be changed several times per day if exposed to people. Looked today and recently could buy a dozen N95 (removes 95% of fine particulates) for $20 and today they are $12 to $20 each. Went to see what gas mask filters are bringing and price has increased by a factor of 5x to 10x. Saw a used Avon military gas mask already bid up to $350 and was buying them new for $99 not long ago.

MSA Advantage masks are $200 withe one filter and MSA Millinium masks are $439 with one filter and spare filters are $50 each. Have six Millinium and six Advantage masks in basement with 144 MSA filters, 220 Swiss made NBC filters and over 400 Israeli filters and two dozen Israeli masks. Have a half dozen of the US issue cold war issue "cheek filter" masks where have to remove mask to change filter but have over 100 filter sets for them so keep them aroumd. Have pair of Avon masks with battery powered fans to make breathing more natural and total of a dozen masks with built in microphones so are radio ready. I could cash in big but not selling a single unit now.

At work I have four 3M full face respirators and at least two dozen filters per mask. Have several 20 count boxes of N95 masks at work and over 100 at home. Wife has two suitcases full of surgical masks in her dental supplies. Every vehicle we own has two Israeli gas masks with pair of spare filters in case we are caught out and have a Hazmat issue or some unforseen issue with the atmosphere. I have planned for this over 30 years and bought masks/filters like most buy hamburgers and sodas. I am looking at a 20 count box of 3M N95 masks still sealed with price of 29.95 and this same box is now $229.95 on Amazon. If you didn't already stock up and need them may be screwed or have to pay some hoarder like me whatever price they name. I hoarded for my health and that of the team so mine stay till someone comes with guns and takes them.

People that have made fun of my whole house positive pressure filtered system and NBC rated air filtration in panic room may be wishing they had done so if Wuhan gets hold in U.S. People say the percentages of deaths in China are not worse than average but when has China told the truth. Fact they have so many doctors dying like the one whour raised the flag over this bug from treating it and that local doctors are concerned is enough for me. Clean air is important as clean water but seems like everyone has water filtration but few have air filtration.
Simply not true Huey.

Disposable surgical face mask .
Latex free; Glass free.
Resistance to breath (Delta P) <23.I Pa/cm.
High bacterial & particle filtration efficiency.
According to norm EN I4683:2005.
Made of a non-irritating, soft, non-woven material; latex free.
3-layer surgical masks have a 99.5% filter effect.

Made in Israel.
Mask color: Green or blue.

Many of us are prepared,,this is for folks that ain't, and are looking for masks.

Do you know of any place in the US that can provide face masks of this noted efficiency today???????

If you do,,,please post up a damned link.