The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old February 27, 2020, 00:00   #1
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
For those of you who remember a drug raid in Houston....

This was the raid where an older couple were killed when HPD burst in, claiming that they'd been selling heroin.

69 people may have been convicted on false evidence ex-Houston officer Gerald Goines prosecutors say/

It seems the officer behind the raid might've lied about obtaining from a CI that didn't exist in an effort to get his warrant. It also looks like the Houston DA is onto him. And, it appears that 69 convictions stemming from his policework may now be in question.

I dislike dirty cops.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 00:22   #2
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Well….the DA we have may or may not do jack schitt about any of it. It's going to take locked up convicts getting their families to hire defense lawyers to make anything at all happen.

Drugs is a dirty business....on both sides of the law. Best to stay well clear of that stuff.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 07:09   #3
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Crazy. Just that one bad cop. Makes you wonder how so many good cops were unable to see that he was a lying POS.

Blind eye?

Inept?
Old February 27, 2020, 08:06   #4
AliYahu
Registered

FALaholic #: 11084
Those 69 cases were cases where the person was convicted solely on the crooked officer's testimony - there are countless other cases that involved Goines and his equally-crooked-and-indicted partner, and other just-as-bad members of the HPD narcotics squad.
I'm not happy Goines is out on bond, he needs to be in GenPop in Huntsville!

Eli
AliYahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 08:22   #5
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Crazy. Just that one bad cop. Makes you wonder how so many good cops were unable to see that he was a lying POS.
Blind eye? Inept?
The rest are just as crooked as he was. I don't believe for a moment the rest were oblivious. You don't have dirty cops, you have dirty departments. Top down corruption is what creates an environment where scum like this thrive. He should be executed.
Old February 27, 2020, 09:16   #6
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
The rest are just as crooked as he was. I don't believe for a moment the rest were oblivious. You don't have dirty cops, you have dirty departments. Top down corruption is what creates an environment where scum like this thrive. He should be executed.
I know it, I should have used sarcasm font.
Old February 27, 2020, 09:25   #7
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
I know it, I should have used sarcasm font.
Oh, I got the sarcasm, I'm echoing your sentiments.

"just a few bad apples"

No - institutional corruption.
Old February 27, 2020, 10:55   #8
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Narcotics & Vice squads are usually dirty

Okay, think about this some
does a doper buy a quantity of blow without sampling it ?
of course not
it's expected by dealers that the buyer will do a line or three
thus undercover Narcotics piggers are invariably druggies themselves

Many Vice piggers screw hookers to get inside that game too, learn who the pimps are, etc
hard to get inside networks unless you are dirty yourself

Guns ?
ATFE does the same thing committing various criminal acts
the Holder Mexico thing was a wonderful example how rules don't apply to LE

Watched this garbage go down again and again particularly with Drug Task force operations where most of the enforcers ended up worse than the abusers...literally licensed to lie, get blasted on the dope, steal, rape, etc as they were doing the Lord's work

If you bother digging around some there are just hundreds of examples of this in mainstream press, tip of the Iceberg shit in America
Rank & file knows it's going on
just not much Good guys can do to stop it when it's already instlllutionized behavior by their superiors supported by both Prosecutors and the judiciary.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2020, 08:54   #9
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Read newspaper article back when the paper, not the internet was where people got their news. It was out of Texas and a well to do man who was supporting the campaign of man running against sitting sheriff was tipped off a no-knock was issued for his home in time to call Federal Marshals.

When cops swarmed porch before they could ram the door the U.S. Marshalls opened door and ordered all cops on porch to place hands on wall per their warrant. Several cops were covering from behind cars or still in cars of which most jumped in vehicles and drove away. It was about a dozen on porch or too close to run and when Marshal service searched them all had mix of bags split for street size sales of dope from marijuana in 1/4 to 1 ounce bags and cocaine in gram to eightball size baggies which they all started to try and be first to cut deals to testify for immunity.

They were ordered to find all of the dope in the mans house to take his money out of the race and discredit the candidate running against sitting sheriff. Turned out all dope came from evidence room. There are really good cops and really bad cops just like preachers, doctors and any profession. It's just a bad cop has power to ruin people's lives forever. Cops also had plans to seize home, car collection and more. With seizure laws have had cops tell me it's more profitable to bust people who own their homes and vehicles than people who rent an apartment and drive leased car. They look at assets as part of how agressive they will pursue a case.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat

Last edited by hueyville; February 29, 2020 at 09:00.
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote