The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Concealed Carry & Personal Defense

Notices

Old February 20, 2009, 22:15   #1
younggun
Registered

FALaholic #: 18437
Shoulder holster recomendations please

Ok my CCW should be coming soon, I only have 2 pistols right now a FN-HP-SFS (Hi-Power) and a Sig P226. I am considering various forms of carry. I am looking very intently at a shoulder rig. I know it is completely useless for summer unless I am wearing a suit, which I do on a regular basis. So what is a good holster, I am on a budget, however I do understand the law of you get what you pay for has not been revoked.
Old February 20, 2009, 22:43   #2
bykerhd
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2798
I'm not much of a fan of shoulder holsters. But, the Galco horizontal rigs are probably one of the more versatile and useful of the bunch.

They are modular and you can build around the basic harness.
Watch them on E-Bay. You can sometimes get them for at affordable prices. Sometimes.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2009, 23:11   #3
Jailguard
Registered

FALaholic #: 10331
I'll second Galico I had a Miami Classic for a 1911 for a long time it was the only holster that seemed to fit me right.
Old February 21, 2009, 13:06   #4
ggiilliiee
banned again

FALaholic #: 17179
shoulder rigs suck ...they chaffe my nipples ..hehe ..slower than molasses ..try a sob ....that way you can hold off someone with your weak hand and pull it without being stopped like when trying to get it out from the front of your body ..someone could stop ya from doing that with a front riggin ....my bersa in the back pocket would come out so much faster ...and thats kinda the point ...just opinion
ggiilliiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2009, 19:01   #5
Para Driver

FALaholic #: 6350
I like the Galco cross draw, with the half harness.. yes, I can wear it in the summer under a lose shirt.
Para Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2009, 19:56   #6
Registered

FALaholic #: 8922
Never been impressed with the horizontal shoulder holster design. I'm pretty thin and every one I ever tried on with a large frame pistol printed. I'll like a nice old Biachi X-15 series myself.
0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 09:34   #7
charles isaac
Registered

FALaholic #: 891
Shoulder rigs seem to be the best way to carry a large pistol, but I only use vertical.

Horizontal rigs do cause your pistol to be pointed at people you do not intend to shoot and to some people, being flagged with a weapon with a chambered round is being flagged, whether it is in someones hand, finger straight and off the trigger, or hanging in a holster under someones shoulder. Just sayin.
charles isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 10:10   #8
Deltaten
Registered

FALaholic #: 124
Make sure it's one that has a high resale value; so when ya sell it, you'll not lose yer shirt

More minus' that pluses. They have a rather limited use "window". Not sayin' ya *shouldn't* try one; just don't become so enamored of one to attempt continuous wear. DAMHIK

If I absolutely, positively hafta carry that 5th or 6th piece OB. I'll slip into the one remaining SH I have; a self-produced upside-down rig for my 4" m-66. ONly *so* much room on teh belt, yanno
Old February 22, 2009, 12:04   #9
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Quote:
Originally posted by 0007
Never been impressed with the horizontal shoulder holster design. I'm pretty thin and every one I ever tried on with a large frame pistol printed. I'll like a nice old Biachi X-15 series myself.
Them's can be BIG holsters.

Remember, this guy make the M-1 look like a Mini-14.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 14:26   #10
fastfreddy
Registered

FALaholic #: 7303
The Galco tuxedo shoulder holster works well with a suit and a PPK. It's a "Bond" thing.
Old February 22, 2009, 22:32   #11
Para Driver

FALaholic #: 6350
Quote:
Originally posted by charles isaac
Horizontal rigs do cause your pistol to be pointed at people you do not intend to shoot and to some people, being flagged with a weapon with a chambered round is being flagged, whether it is in someones hand, finger straight and off the trigger, or hanging in a holster under someones shoulder. Just sayin.
yep, took some time to get used to that... but the rig has a thumb strap over the firing pin, and with a series 80 1911...
Para Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2009, 03:44   #12
fry
Registered

FALaholic #: 5498
im with ggggiiilliiiiee, shoulder rigs blow.
you will spend as much on a kick ass shoulder rig as a keltek32 and and a kydex.

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|lL-O|||||O_
()_)()_) )_)
fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2009, 20:27   #13
JAB75
Safety Detector
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 12107
I use an IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special with my 1911. Comfortable, concealed, and easily assessable. My personal favorite.

-JAB75
Or on the trigger of your gun?
JAB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2009, 09:25   #14
URBAN ASSAULT
Registered

FALaholic #: 5143
Location: Far, far underground, surrounded by fire & stinky Liberals.
I sometimes carry my Para-Ord P14 in black leather #56 with nickel hardware from these good folks...

http://nelsonleather.com/product_inf...roducts_id=210

I liked them because they let me come in to the shop so the harness could be sized to fit me perfectly and the quality of the finished product was top-notch.

The super wide shoulder straps really distribute the weight of a big auto nicely, and I would buy one from them again.

I also went with a double-mag carrier on the weak side to balance the weight out.

The only addition to the holster I would ask for is keepers on either side that attach to either your belt, or to the waistband of the pants themselves to keep everything from flopping around.

-urban
Old February 26, 2009, 16:31   #15
chet
Registered

FALaholic #: 1082
Hated every one I have ever used, tried, bought,etc. Unless central casting is looking for a detective from the 70's, you won't like it either. While I will admit that a Burns Martin Lightin has a certain panache, I still hate them as practical items. Just my two cents.
Kydex or a quality leather belt holster are the way to go. My Galco Royal Guard has carried a full size 1911 for many types of pants and shirt/coat combos with no worries.

Chet
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 03, 2009, 11:52   #16
4x401
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Having carried concealed for almost 30 yrs. I can honestly say it`s a major PITA to carry a handgun of reasonable caliber, regardless of the mode of carry. Out of all modes I can attest to the shoulder holster SUCKING the most. I`ve tried all the major manufacturers and the Galco Jackass sucks the least, still I haven`t used a shoulder rig for years. I personaly prefer a horizontal SOB rig or some kind of IWB behind the hip or cross draw. Usually I keep my G-21 in the center console of whatever I`m driving and tuck it under my belt behind my hip when I get out for quick stops. If I`m going somewhere to be on foot for awhile I`ll put on a holster. I GARRANTEE any sholder rig you buy will live its life in drawer or be sold after very limited use.....
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 03, 2009, 12:01   #17
URBAN ASSAULT
Registered

FALaholic #: 5143
Location: Far, far underground, surrounded by fire & stinky Liberals.
But a shoulder holster does shine if you spend a lot of time behind the wheel.

It makes it much easier to get to the gun when you need it, and it isn't digging into your hip, or waistband from the pressure of the car seat.

A shoulder holster is far from perfect, but it does have it's place in my gun closet years later. I do use mine, and see no reason to sell it.

-urban
Old March 03, 2009, 12:58   #18
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
First you need a smaller carry gun, like a Kahr CW9 or a Glock 26. Then you need to rethink the whole holster idea. The best holster is no holster..

The reason I am saying this, is that it is a pain to keep taking a holster on and off. I normally carry a car gun (Sigma 9mm) in a holster next to my seat, and a carry gun that I can slip under a sweater or shirt when I stop at the mall, Home Depot, gas station, whatever. Sometimes I will just put my Keltec P32 in my pocket.

On the other hand, I would not recommend messican carry to anybody unless they are 100% comfortable with their weapons handling techniques. You do face serious consequences if you do something wrong.

It does work for me, been carrying that way since 1978, and never had an accident. A few close calls, like pulling out my Star Firestar from my belt, and it was cocked and unlocked - it has a hair trigger courtesy of Derek Martin. Another time I was in a motorcycle accident with my G26, lost the front and rear sight and it got scuffed up pretty bad, but no discharge. But it is fast, and the 3 gangbangers that followed me out of an AZ Walmart with robbery on their minds had no idea where it came from!

The only holster I carried and liked, was a belly band holster, but it is relatively slow. I did wear a holster when I was hunting coyotes and such, but I despise open carry in public, even where legal. Just my personal opinion, because in South Africa it will get you killed.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 03, 2009, 22:35   #19
younggun
Registered

FALaholic #: 18437
The reason I was looking at the shoulder rig is, I drive 6 or so hours a day. I agree with the a smaller pistol may be in order, however it is a matter of economics in that issue.
Old March 04, 2009, 19:30   #20
motosapien
Registered

FALaholic #: 9349
Quote:
Originally posted by younggun
The reason I was looking at the shoulder rig is, I drive 6 or so hours a day. I agree with the a smaller pistol may be in order, however it is a matter of economics in that issue.
You might look into a cross draw style holster.
motosapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2009, 21:21   #21
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
They have there downsides and are not my favourite styles of holster either but if you must a plain old Bianchi X-15 style is usable.

Andy
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2009, 02:11   #22
fal_762x51
Registered

FALaholic #: 16310
I have a PA-63 and 1911 GI version on my CCW. I tried both in a shoulder holster and it sucked. I found (to me) that an IWB holster is much better.
Old March 13, 2009, 21:28   #23
rustyswarf
Registered

FALaholic #: 39946
I am not a fan of shoulder holsters for several reasons. If you have to draw in a hurry, you have a very narrow zone to stop the movement of your weapon to hit the target. If you strong-side carry as you draw you have from the feet to the head to stop your weapon and get off a shot. True, a hit in the ankle might not be a fight stopper, but it may allow you the precious time needed for a second, better aimed shot. If you feel you must have a shoulder rig, make sure it will allow you to re-holster the weapon with only one hand. The day may come when you cannot afford to let go with the other hand to holster the gun and the situation has changed to where the gun is not needed. If you don't believe that will happen--it will!
Find you a copy of Bill Jordan's "NO SECOND PLACE WINNER" and read it. Then read it twice more. This man will educate you.
rustyswarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2020, 11:12   #24
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
Eleven years later....

Let me start with apologizing for resurrecting this old 2009 thread....

But has the science of shoulder holsters improved any in 11 years? Galco seemed to be the consensus back then. Is it still?

I have never carried in church, but I'm seriously considering it following the recent second church shooting in Texas. (For that matter, I'm also considering taking some security guard training.)

The reason I'm asking about shoulder holsters is I can't see having a gun in my pants when I'm sitting in a pew. I EDC in a Sneaky Pete, but I think that would look very odd under my coat. (I really like the Sneaky Pete for carrying anywhere else I'm going.)

Although it's a somewhat informal church, I always wear a coat and tie. I'll probably have to buy a coat one size up to make room for the pistol.

If it makes any difference to the rig, I will carry my Springfield XD(m) 9mm Compact. To keep the size down, I'll use the 13 round mag in the pistol. I have the little pinky grips mounted on all my 13 round mags. I could put one or two 19 round mags on the other side. Vertical carry seems to make the most sense to me because I'll carry 13+1.

Any and all helpful suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

If all you've got is flaming, let me save you some time: From what I hear, "Shoulder holsters suck."
Old January 08, 2020, 14:53   #25
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Reading this thread, again, after more than a DECADE got me to thinking. Dirty Harry had no problem with a shoulder holster. And he was packing some serous iron too!. Too have been thinking about shoulder holster carry, ankle carry, and cross draw under some circumstances. Hard to beat IWB strong side but it sucks from seated.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2020, 16:18   #26
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
My "Jackass" shoulder rig is still working just fine all these decades later.

Sparks Six pack,,,all is good.

Got to keep rockin that Miami Vice five o-clock shadow,,,loafers and no socks,,,white linen oversize jacket look,,,,hiding that Jackass rig.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2020, 17:30   #27
Snake Bitten
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13425
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
:
+1, mine too, plus some cheaper priced copies with nice/decent leather available now...

Guns have two enemies: Rust and Politicians
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Snake Bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2020, 12:33   #28
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:

Sparks Six pack,,,all is good.

Got to keep rockin that Miami Vice five o-clock shadow,,,loafers and no socks,,,white linen oversize jacket look,,,,hiding that Jackass rig.
Nuts. Just looked at the GalcoGunLeather website and the only Springfield models the Jackass rig accepts are 1911s. Same goes for the improved vertical holster. Back to square one.
Old January 09, 2020, 13:42   #29
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAndy View Post
Nuts. Just looked at the GalcoGunLeather website and the only Springfield models the Jackass rig accepts are 1911s. Same goes for the improved vertical holster. Back to square one.
What model for the Miami Classic,,,AKA,,,the Jackass rig,,,are ya looking for?????

Seems to be made for everything??????

https://www.amazon.com/Miami-Classic...oulder+Holster

The only real difference in the current miami classic and the old Jackass,,,seems they made the one shoulder strap a little wider over the carry shoulder.

My original came in for the 1911,,,but I added a holster for Glocks and even a Smith 19 four inch with speed loaders on off side vs magazine carriers.

Old January 09, 2020, 16:42   #30
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:
What model for the Miami Classic,,,AKA,,,the Jackass rig,,,are ya looking for?????

Seems to be made for everything??????

https://www.amazon.com/Miami-Classic...oulder+Holster

The only real difference in the current miami classic and the old Jackass,,,seems they made the one shoulder strap a little wider over the carry shoulder.

My original came in for the 1911,,,but I added a holster for Glocks and even a Smith 19 four inch with speed loaders on off side vs magazine carriers.
First, the Range Safety Officer in me wants vertical carry rather than horizontal. Are Jackass/Miami holsters flexible that way?

Second, the pistol I want to carry is a Springfield XD(m) Compact. I'm sure any 3.8 inch barrel XDM holster will do. It's certainly possible I missed something, but when I checked the Galco website, the only Springfield options for the Jackass holsters were 1911s. None of the options were XDMs.
Old January 09, 2020, 18:57   #31
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
First, the Range Safety Officer in me wants vertical carry rather than horizontal. Are Jackass/Miami holsters flexible that way?

Second, the pistol I want to carry is a Springfield XD(m) Compact. I'm sure any 3.8 inch barrel XDM holster will do. It's certainly possible I missed something, but when I checked the Galco website, the only Springfield options for the Jackass holsters were 1911s. None of the options were XDMs.
I believe so,,,to answer the first question. Seem to remember seeing folks with the barrel down models. Which rip out the front end.

Something like this one

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/bianch...ntent=Products

With some model hand guns,,,sometimes,,,ya just got to locate something close,,,that when tried,,,it fits,,,but not made for a specific model.make.

Had a friend complaining he could not get a shoulder holster rig he wanted for his BHP,,, reminded him,,,a 1911 holster would fit,,a little loose,,but a nip here and a nip there,,,worked out well for him after a quick trip to holster and boot maker local here.

Old January 09, 2020, 19:07   #32
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
I believe so,,,to answer the first question. Seem to remember seeing folks with the barrel down models. Which rip out the front end.

Something like this one

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/bianch...ntent=Products

With some model hand guns,,,sometimes,,,ya just got to locate something close,,,that when tried,,,it fits,,,but not made for a specific model.make.

Had a friend complaining he could not get a shoulder holster rig he wanted for his BHP,,, reminded him,,,a 1911 holster would fit,,a little loose,,but a nip here and a nip there,,,worked out well for him after a quick trip to holster and boot maker local here.

I seldom use it, but I've got one that looks just like that link, but without the front strap (mine is 30+ years old). Pistol is held by spring tension. It was bought and made for a 4" Python. A 1911 fits just fine as well however. Yup, get something like that in roughly the right size and it should work fine.
Old January 09, 2020, 19:22   #33
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
I wore one for short period of time for work and disliked it a lot. Now that I got that out of the way, have you considered a cross draw holster? Worn on the belt in a reverse appendix carry, still covered by the jacket, and doesn't bang up against the seat back. Plus you can cant it to fit your draw techniques. Lots of good Kydex holsters with good retention out there. And they are relatively inexpensive.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2020, 20:56   #34
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailguard View Post
I'll second Galico I had a Miami Classic for a 1911 for a long time it was the only holster that seemed to fit me right.
Yup, I as well.
Old January 09, 2020, 22:27   #35
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Shoulder holsters have their place and time,,,but,,,95% or better of the time for me,,,one Glock,,one 1911, BHP,,,etc,,,with one magazine,,strong side thumb break holster riding on a decent belt suffices.

Sometimes,,,the leg holster for the little J frame 38 is called for.

Anything else happening or a real concern going on in my life,,,I want my rifle and LBE.

Old January 10, 2020, 10:36   #36
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:
Shoulder holsters have their place and time,,,but,,,95% or better of the time for me,,,one Glock,,one 1911, BHP,,,etc,,,with one magazine,,strong side thumb break holster riding on a decent belt suffices.

Sometimes,,,the leg holster for the little J frame 38 is called for.

Anything else happening or a real concern going on in my life,,,I want my rifle and LBE.
[chortle] Well, yeah, but the goal here is to NOT throw the congregation into a full blown panic and have them stampede out the doors and windows.
Old January 10, 2020, 13:45   #37
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
[chortle] Well, yeah, but the goal here is to NOT throw the congregation into a full blown panic and have them stampede out the doors and windows.
My congregation wants to see another sunrise,,,,so,,,they can figure out,,pretty smart folks,,,that force and proper force,,,is often called for in matters of survival.

Our one remaining,,,I'm terrified of guns,,,,,after a 10 minute conversation,,will be firing a hand gun for the first time in his 72 yrs on this planet,,,at around 1330 hrs on,,,21 Jan 2020

Survival tends to decrease silly notions in people heads about a whole host of issues.

Road killed rabbit becomes a gourmet meal to a billionaire that has not had a meal in 10 days.

Old January 11, 2020, 09:45   #38
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Galco Miami classic for semiauto and the Vertical Shoulder System for large wheel guns. Nothing like a 6" 44 mag under your arm for comfort.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2020, 21:52   #39
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:
My congregation wants to see another sunrise,,,,so,,,they can figure out,,pretty smart folks,,,that force and proper force,,,is often called for in matters of survival.

Our one remaining,,,I'm terrified of guns,,,,,after a 10 minute conversation,,will be firing a hand gun for the first time in his 72 yrs on this planet,,,at around 1330 hrs on,,,21 Jan 2020

Survival tends to decrease silly notions in people heads about a whole host of issues.

Road killed rabbit becomes a gourmet meal to a billionaire that has not had a meal in 10 days.
Yeah, well, I'd bet if you (or anyone) enters the sanctuary holding a rifle, even the folks who know you will exit posthaste.

A concealed, holstered pistol is a horse of a different color.
Old January 12, 2020, 23:11   #40
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, well, I'd bet if you (or anyone) enters the sanctuary holding a rifle, even the folks who know you will exit posthaste.

A concealed, holstered pistol is a horse of a different color.
Ya got all of this,,from;

"""Anything else happening or a real concern going on in my life,,,I want my rifle and LBE.""

Which, if you look back up above,,,,I separated out from the comments about CC handguns,,,by dropping it down a few spaces,,,meaning,,,,,my rifle and LBE,,,is my true go to weapon over any handgun,,,,if,,,,time and circumstances allow.

OF COURSE,,,,,a CC carry handgun is the very best option in any large diverse gathering of people with different ideas and concerns about
safety and security.

Said another way,,,,Paul,,,why do you carry a concealed pistol???
Answer,,,,,,,,because if I gun up with my rifle and LBE,which is my go to weapon of choice,,,,,it would upset the old ladies and children.

Old January 18, 2020, 23:50   #41
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
In about half the churches I work with am able to convince them to pull two of their LEO members to take turns sitting out of sight but in a centrally located area wearing body armor with an AR 15 slung for use. Try to find an area they can enter sanctuary, get to children's church or Sunday School rooms quickly as most are doing two to three services and people spread out across entire building from about 9:00 am till 12:30 pm.

I took one of my old IPSC unlimited race guns and totally rebuilt it in 10mm with a 3.25 pound trigger, tritium sights and three chamber compensator with all EGW titanium small parts. Carry a 5" 10mm as my backup. Had done this same thing with another IPSC unlimited pistol in 45 acp but decided I needed a pistol that had faster lock time and delivered ultimate controlable punch. Considered my 460 Rowand but have to run it slower due to heavier recoil. When in church I have a new body armor setup based on a covert NIJ 3a vest, 8"10" NIJ 3 Dyneema rifle plates and 5.5"11" Hexar flexible NIJ 3 rifle rated side panels. If able to keep rifle hits out of heart, lungs, liver and spleen then have a fair chance against 90% of the morons I see at public range with an AR or AK even with my 10mm compensated race pistol against a rifle and a moron. Besides, have God for my wing man and if I become primary pesky main target rest of security team can pour fire on the perp unmolested and calmly.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2020, 17:08   #42
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:
....it would upset the old ladies and children.
Um, yeah, my point exactly.
Old January 20, 2020, 17:11   #43
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
... LEO members to take turns sitting out of sight but in a centrally located area wearing body armor with an AR 15 slung for use....
This is a small town and a small church. To my knowledge, we don't have any LEO members. If we did, I suspect they would be armed and I wouldn't have a problem in need of a solution.
Old January 20, 2020, 18:35   #44
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Um, yeah, my point exactly.
Attitudes are beginning to change.
My folks are about or were,,the most anti gun folks in the country,,now,,its changing,, and quickly.
Threats and survival will do that for people.

Its just a damn sad commentary that its come to this for everyone.

Old January 21, 2020, 19:08   #45
Snake Bitten
Bronze Contributor

Check out www.armadilloholsters.com/ I own one, their jackass rig, GTG, IMO..

Edit: they have an ebay store too, no association...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by Snake Bitten; January 21, 2020 at 19:49.
Old January 26, 2020, 18:57   #46
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Bitten View Post
Check out www.armadilloholsters.com/ I own one, their jackass rig, GTG, IMO..

Edit: they have an ebay store too, no association...
I appreciate the suggestion, but Armadillo does not appear to offer a model for the Springfield Armory XDM Compact. If I had a Glock, I'd be in high cotton.
Old January 31, 2020, 21:31   #47
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
This is a pretty good product and it wears really comfortable. You can add tie downs for $20 by Galco and they hold your pants up too. I have worn this in the cold weather under my jacket but could wear it in the summer wearing just a shirt.

Down fall is a plus in the other direction, it's not heavy leather so it's doesn't ride you and gouge you. It takes two hands to holster the gun but I can live with that. One spare mag carry.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/957727327
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2020, 15:06   #48
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
I take those holsters are great if you are being attacked from the rear.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2020, 12:55   #49
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
I like the Air Marshall. If you're active, it sticks with you pretty good.
Old February 10, 2020, 19:13   #50
Snake Bitten
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para Driver View Post
I like the Galco cross draw, with the half harness.. yes, I can wear it in the summer under a lose shirt.
+1, just ordered cross draw holster from Craft holsters for S&W 6906, selected free shipping, made in Slovakia, will arrive next full moon

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ