The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2020, 14:30   #1
Bubacus
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13971
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,977
Robinson Arms Bringing Back the M96 "Stoner" for limited production of 200

They had enough parts to assemble some guns. Hopefully just getting some capital to bring the M96 back... Lets see what happens. The video shows the gun at the 2:20 mark.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...the-stoner-63/

__________________
Bubacus
Bubacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2020, 15:27   #2
yovinny
Old Fart
Platinum Contributor
 
yovinny's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7679
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wastelands of Western Kentucky
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
They had enough parts to assemble some guns.
Thats quite the revelation to those with rifles needing parts that they've turned a blind eye too and claimed they didnt for years.....
yovinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 08:49   #3
Billybob
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 306
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 143
Iíd love to have one but he totally lost me at the $2500 point. No way thatís a $2500 rifle.

Billy bob
Billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 09:12   #4
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
easttex's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 20438
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Addison, Tx
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
Thats quite the revelation to those with rifles needing parts that they've turned a blind eye too and claimed they didnt for years.....
For $2500, the rest of us should be leery about purchasing one. Particularly so if there's no guarantee we'd be able to get parts support after the purchase.
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 10:16   #5
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
 
Mebsuta's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4143
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Khemi, Stygia
Posts: 11,410
Pass.
__________________
Hai
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 11:04   #6
FalNovice
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 11584
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
Thats quite the revelation to those with rifles needing parts that they've turned a blind eye too and claimed they didnt for years.....
That is exactly what I thought. I passed on a very sweet deal on a M96 because the owner had lost what should have been an easily replaceable part....but they couldn't help me.
__________________
.50 Beowulf.....even the name says you ain't gonna make it!
FalNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 11:27   #7
lew
Registered
Contributor
 
lew's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 16727
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,941
For that price, I'm getting another XCR. The Stoner (and derivative) is a cool and novel design, but not for that money. There's a guy over on arfcom putting together Stoner parts- new and used.
__________________
Statism: Ideas so great, they're mandatory.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 14:37   #8
Delta-3
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 36449
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home
Posts: 478
There's been alot of hoopla about them making these again. They changed the bolt head & they will now accept AR mags. Supposedly it's a limited run to test the market. At $2500, they're going to lose alot of potential buyers that were lining up to buy one.
__________________
Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
Delta-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 15:15   #9
hansellhd
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31152
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,351
From what i understand there will be no new production, these last 200 will be assembled from old/new stock.
All 200 hundred will sell out quick. The top feeder will retail for $3500.00. Seeing the original Stoner63's are going for over
100K these clones seem like a bargain to low end collectors like myself.

This one cost me 2K (NIB) a few years ago and I'm glad I have it.



__________________
HDH.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 15:24   #10
hansellhd
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31152
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
There's been alot of hoopla about them making these again. They changed the bolt head & they will now accept AR mags. Supposedly it's a limited run to test the market. At $2500, they're going to lose alot of potential buyers that were lining up to buy one.
The Robinson 96 has always accepted AR15 mags, these will be just like the guns produced back in the 1990's/2000's.
__________________
HDH.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 19:50   #11
wanneroo
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74891
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tioga County, PA
Posts: 1,537
I think for collectors that do not have $100K to spare but can afford $2500, I am guessing these will all sell out.
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2020, 08:50   #12
yovinny
Old Fart
Platinum Contributor
 
yovinny's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7679
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wastelands of Western Kentucky
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
From what i understand there will be no new production, these last 200 will be assembled from old/new stock.
All 200 hundred will sell out quick. The top feeder will retail for $3500.00. Seeing the original Stoner63's are going for over
100K these clones seem like a bargain to low end collectors like myself.

This one cost me 2K (NIB) a few years ago and I'm glad I have it.



How do you like the ace stock on there ?
And whats going on with that barrel ? Was it cut and threaded for a m16 FH ?
yovinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2020, 13:40   #13
hansellhd
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31152
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
How do you like the ace stock on there ?
And whats going on with that barrel ? Was it cut and threaded for a m16 FH ?
Yes I like the ACE folder, it was an option with the M96. Yes previous owner did
the barrel FH Mod. None of these M96 rifles came with a FH do to the AWB.
Stoner 63 did have the FH.

The M96 with some others for size comparison.



Some think the M96 is large and heavy, it's not. About the same weight as the FNC, the GALIL/VEPR/V93 are all heaver.
__________________
HDH.

Last edited by hansellhd; February 01, 2020 at 13:49.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2020, 14:45   #14
BarnOwlLover
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81552
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 505
What's the muzzle brake/flash hider on the Vepr?
BarnOwlLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2020, 09:17   #15
yovinny
Old Fart
Platinum Contributor
 
yovinny's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7679
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wastelands of Western Kentucky
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
Yes I like the ACE folder, it was an option with the M96. Yes previous owner did
the barrel FH Mod. None of these M96 rifles came with a FH do to the AWB.
Option ? As in factory option ?
That must have been later on,,,as ace wasent even around when they came out...
I was in on the ground floor for my pair and had to do the pre order and wait.
In fact ive never seen one before stormworks or whatever came out with their adapter and its not shown in robinsons parts manual.

Last edited by yovinny; February 02, 2020 at 09:25.
yovinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2020, 09:47   #16
Andy2205
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 26110
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fl. Panhandle
Posts: 448
Buy one to chunk in your Delorean. Price point and no spares + the fact people were looking for parts for previously purchased weapons = GFY.
__________________
" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
Andy2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2020, 12:27   #17
hansellhd
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31152
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
Option ? As in factory option ?
That must have been later on,,,as ace wasent even around when they came out...
I was in on the ground floor for my pair and had to do the pre order and wait.
In fact ive never seen one before stormworks or whatever came out with their adapter and its not shown in robinsons parts manual.
Then you know more about these than I do, That's what the previous owner told me.
I do know that this one is a late production Gun that was never fired.
The only thing I did to it was put on the stomworks optic Mt. & red dot.
Then I took it out to the range and put 100 flawless rounds through it.

I don't recommend the M96 as a beater rifle to put 1000's of rounds through,
these things have moved into the collector realm now. If someone just wants to shoot 1000's of rounds get an AR15 and have at it.
__________________
HDH.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2020, 12:34   #18
hansellhd
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31152
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwlLover View Post
What's the muzzle brake/flash hider on the Vepr?
https://www.cncwarrior.com/Russian-O...er-p/24619.htm
__________________
HDH.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2020, 17:40   #19
yovinny
Old Fart
Platinum Contributor
 
yovinny's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7679
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wastelands of Western Kentucky
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
Then you know more about these than I do, That's what the previous owner told me.
I do know that this one is a late production Gun that was never fired.
The only thing I did to it was put on the stomworks optic Mt. & red dot.
Then I took it out to the range and put 100 flawless rounds through it.

I don't recommend the M96 as a beater rifle to put 1000's of rounds through,
these things have moved into the collector realm now. If someone just wants to shoot 1000's of rounds get an AR15 and have at it.
Im cant say its not possible...It could well be on the later post ban guns and I never saw one until later.
I didnt pay much attention after a hand full of years waiting on all their promises that mostly never materialized.
yovinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2020, 07:46   #20
mountainman
Registered
 
mountainman's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 14702
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Deltona FL
Posts: 4,647
got prints for firing pin if'n anybody needs em. I still owe two pcs to the guy that got me those drawings when I make em that is.
__________________
PM me if you need something not advertised for sale.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2020, 08:58   #21
Rudolf
Registered
 
Rudolf's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Salem, ORegon, USA
Posts: 978
When will they ever do the belt fed?
Rudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files