The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14, 2020, 10:32   #1
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,472
Not sure what to do with all that land

It looks like the the 5 Big Tribes in Okieland might squeak out a win in court and get over 10 million acres and cover nearly all of eastern Oklahoma. Now assuming thelaw is actually followed for once and the land is returned I am trying to imagine what is the best course of action regarding all those non-tribal members on my land. Charge em rent? Maybe work out some type of treaty with them? Any suggestions?

https://www.indianz.com/News/2019/10...o-return-e.asp

https://www.cherokee.org/about-the-nation/maps/

Some terf by Tenkiller Lake would be nice but getting a monthly rent check would be sweet.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 11:20   #2
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 63101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 6,705
Put all non-tribals in a camp, start proxy wars with the surrounding states, all while lobbying DC., to fund it all! Follow the existing paradigm, there is one already!
__________________
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled!" -- Mark Twain

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 11:34   #3
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 19,044
SCOTUS has ruled that "Laches" applies to all old claims.

SCOTUS did rule that native American Tribes can BUY as much land as they want and put it into trust, "Land into Trust."

Local Oneida Tribe has done that a bit.

They bought up 10,000 acres and let it go wild with some farmland to raise beef cattle.

That went away when they could not find anyone to manage the beef cattle.
Funny that they found out that farmers work for almost nothing, but hired help will not.

The now overgrown land lays fallow; Oneidas do not hunt much today either.
However there is room for a cigarette factory.

A new DisneyLand attraction WAS being planned to draw in visitors, but competing Casinos have been built all over, cutting down the base of potential visitors. and available cash.

Owning too much land invites squatters, timber theives, and general management headaches.

Buffalo roaming again, will cause major headaches for railroads and Interstate/local highways.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 11:38   #4
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
It looks like the the 5 Big Tribes in Okieland might squeak out a win in court and get over 10 million acres and cover nearly all of eastern Oklahoma. Now assuming thelaw is actually followed for once and the land is returned I am trying to imagine what is the best course of action regarding all those non-tribal members on my land. Charge em rent? Maybe work out some type of treaty with them? Any suggestions?

https://www.indianz.com/News/2019/10...o-return-e.asp

https://www.cherokee.org/about-the-nation/maps/

Some terf by Tenkiller Lake would be nice but getting a monthly rent check would be sweet.
I bet you'll get a big, fat check real soon.

On "your land"?

Who was on it before it was given to you?
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 12:31   #5
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,472
Might have to call up Trump Jr for some ideas. Something like a flat tax on non tribals might work like muzzies use on non muzzies. Since Tulsa is on tribal land that place alone could generate wuite a beef stake. There are bout 400,000 people in Tulsa x $500 per head = $20,000,000, utility easements, oil & gas, sweet.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 12:38   #6
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
Might have to call up Trump Jr for some ideas. Something like a flat tax on non tribals might work like muzzies use on non muzzies. Since Tulsa is on tribal land that place alone could generate wuite a beef stake. There are bout 400,000 people in Tulsa x $500 per head = $20,000,000, utility easements, oil & gas, sweet.
Good idea. How you going to enforce this?
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 12:41   #7
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 20,039
Quite a leap going from a SC decision on jurisdiction in a murder case to the big $$$ payday.

I wouldn't rack up the credit cards just yet.






..........juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 12:45   #8
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 24,990
My brother married an Indian and she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Her tribe built a casino and my brothers son works there making really good money. Her tribe doesn't have a lot of land but they turned it into a bonanza from their people.

It's not how much land you own, it's your ambition to make what you own work for you.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 12:52   #9
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
My brother married an Indian and she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Her tribe built a casino and my brothers son works there making really good money. Her tribe doesn't have a lot of land but they turned it into a bonanza from their people.

It's not how much land you own, it's your ambition to make what you own work for you.
I married an Indian, and yes, she is beautiful.
She didn't rely on the tribe for crap, got her nursing license, then her RN, then her BSN, now she's a CRNA with a doctorate.

Individual hard work and ambition is the enemy of "victim status" groups.
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 10:36   #10
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,472
I meant tribes keep other tribes gambling enterprises out of their jurisdictions. The Creeks won’t allow other tribal casinos in their jurisdictions.

Trade might be worthy, but I only take guns, jewelry, Real Pendleton wool blankets. Beads, nope.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 12:00   #11
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
I meant tribes keep other tribes gambling enterprises out of their jurisdictions. The Creeks won’t allow other tribal casinos in their jurisdictions.

Trade might be worthy, but I only take guns, jewelry, Real Pendleton wool blankets. Beads, nope.
There should be another war. Cherokee versus Creek. I can just imagine all the modern day warriors facing each other down. Probably look like it did in the early 1800s, except in slow motion.
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files