The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Gunsmithing & Build It Yourself

Notices

Old February 17, 2020, 16:55   #1
Ahealey19D
Registered

FALaholic #: 83655
Utah County Gunsmithing Services

Hey all, as the title suggests, I'm looking for a gunsmith in the Utah County area that specializes in building the FAL. Is anyone aware of one in that area? If not, who would you guys recommend? I have an IMBEL kit with a 21" barrel, if that's any help. Thanks in advance everyone
Ahealey19D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 19:34   #2
ActionYobbo
Registered

FALaholic #: 32542
before I recommend anyone I need to know what receiver do you have?
Old February 17, 2020, 19:53   #3
Ahealey19D
Registered

FALaholic #: 83655
Hey there, I don't have a receiver yet, but I plan on getting a DSA type 3.
Ahealey19D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 23:08   #4
grumpy1
Registered

FALaholic #: 72190
The best FAL builder I knew and who built my FAL passed away a few years ago. He lived in Orem. I donít know what happened to all his tools he had, as he and his wife split 4 or 5 years prior to him passing.

I know there are several FF members that live in the Salt Lake valley. For the life of me I canít think of any of their names. Iíve meet one of them in a face to face transaction 10 plus years ago. We had a good chat and as I remember he said he had all the tools to build FALís. I just wish I could remember his name.
grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 23:19   #5
grumpy1
Registered

Iíve never meet FF member Black Blade (heís pretty active on here) he lives in Springville. He might be able to help? I donít know what he has or can do to help you out.
Old February 18, 2020, 10:14   #6
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Never understood the need to find someone local - UPS will get it coast to coast in 4 days.

I'm pretty backlogged, with 40+ FALs in line right now, so you'd be looking at 12-16 weeks maybe, but UT is one day shipping.

Old February 18, 2020, 23:18   #7
grumpy1
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Never understood the need to find someone local - UPS will get it coast to coast in 4 days.

I'm pretty backlogged, with 40+ FALs in line right now, so you'd be looking at 12-16 weeks maybe, but UT is one day shipping.
While I havenít used your services, I have been impressed by the work you turn out, Mark. If the in person results are half as good as the photos posted on here, I would be over joyed to own a FAL that you put together.

That being said, there is something about building your own gun. And a FAL isnít like an AR, you need special tools and knowledge in order to make a FAL.
Old February 27, 2020, 19:06   #8
raexcct2
Registered

FALaholic #: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
While I havenít used your services, I have been impressed by the work you turn out, Mark. If the in person results are half as good as the photos posted on here, I would be over joyed to own a FAL that you put together.

That being said, there is something about building your own gun. And a FAL isnít like an AR, you need special tools and knowledge in order to make a FAL.
Mark's work is like a piece of art. You would be amazed at the quality of his work. I have been using Mark for FAL/L1A1's/Galils and HKs since the 1990's.
raexcct2 is offline   Reply With Quote