Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I love your stage descriptions !

I try! Lol.
ElTigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2019, 09:04   #52
ElTigre
Registered

FALaholic #: 79507
I'm proud to announce that Hawke Optics is sponsoring the match! Hawke Optics seem to be one of the best kept secrets in the optics world. A legacy of high quality glass and all the functionality you could ask for defines the various product lines. Remember that custom 10/22 we're giving away? Hawke is sending one of their fantastic Vantage scopes to top it off. And another for the general prize table! You can find them on social media and check out all their products on their website.

www.hawkeoptics.com
Old August 20, 2019, 17:34   #53
ElTigre
Registered

Well, since I'm kind of shit at this whole MD thing I missed the 2 week reminder. So hey, heads up, 12 days till registration opens.
Old August 24, 2019, 10:31   #54
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Kahntrol Solutions is returning this year and they're coming through in a big way. Want to really stop your recoil? Check then out. They engineer some of the best brakes on the market. You can check them out on social media or on their website www.kahntrol.com
Old August 24, 2019, 12:02   #55
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTigre View Post
We have another sponsor! Kahntrol Solutions is returning this year and they're coming through in a big way. Want to really stop your recoil? Check then out. They engineer some of the best brakes on the market. You can check them out on social media or on their website www.kahntrol.com
I can attest to that. I won one last year at the Carolina RNG. Built a rifle around it and it is probably the best brake I have used. Almost zero recoil and muzzle rise. It will be on the rifle I use at the River Bend RNG Match next weekend. You can see it then.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 18:09   #56
ElTigre
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
I can attest to that. I won one last year at the Carolina RNG. Built a rifle around it and it is probably the best brake I have used. Almost zero recoil and muzzle rise. It will be on the rifle I use at the River Bend RNG Match next weekend. You can see it then.
Sadly I'm not making River Bend. But I've seen them in action at PRS matches. They're crazy good.
Old August 25, 2019, 18:11   #57
ElTigre
Registered

Rimfire Stage 3 - Stalking the Underdark
Move through the Drow encampment, taking out the squad of evil elves.
Move through the cave, placing two hits on each target as they present themselves. D zone hits will not count. 10 second penalty for each target not neutralized.
Remember, you need some sort of light to move through the cave.
Required hits - 10
Old August 25, 2019, 19:23   #58
ElTigre
Registered

So the other day I did a podcast about the match on Patriot Defense Podcast. Here are the links if you wanna listen to me ramble for a little bit.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2bN...T2SL1mp2930wKw

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1206537029
Old August 28, 2019, 13:00   #59
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor!!! LMT Defense makes some of the best rifles in the world. They're trusted by the military and LEO agencies everywhere. Wanna get your hands on one? They're sending a complete rifle that's gonna be one of the stage guns on stage 1. And then we're giving it away. That's right, someone is gonna walk away with one of these baddass guns.
Old August 29, 2019, 20:02   #60
ElTigre
Registered

Rimfire Stage 4 - Killer Bees!
The zombie apocalypse has caused even regular animals to become frightening. Bees have grown to enormous size, and are meaner than snakes!
Engage 2 6 inch plates from the standing at 20 yards, 2 plates from the sitting or kneeling at 40 yards, and 2 plates from the prone at 60 yards.
Required Hits - 6
Old August 30, 2019, 13:43   #61
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Athlon Optics is gonna top that LMT Defense rifle with one of their fantastic scopes. Athlon is some of the best values in the optics world. Tier One level glass priced just right. You can check them out on their website and social media

www.athlonoptics.com
Old August 30, 2019, 15:55   #62
ElTigre
Registered

Another sponsor has come on board! Dave Wenger of Wenger Blades is an ABS journeyman smith, which means he's pretty much a badass. And his blades just prove that. He's sending me one of his hand forged knives for the prize table. You can find him on social.media or check out his website.

www.wengerblades.com
Old August 31, 2019, 11:03   #63
ElTigre
Registered

Here is your roughly 24 hour heads up. Registration opens up tomorrow at 12 Central
Old September 05, 2019, 20:21   #64
ElTigre
Registered

Got a couple free slots on the prize table at 2019 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun. Good luck to all the competitors!
Old September 09, 2019, 09:01   #65
ElTigre
Registered

So let's talk about stage 1. Y'all know the course of fire. 2 hits pistol, then 5 hits with a randomized rifle. A little more info, you'll have 6 shots to make those 5 hits. If you can't clear the stage with that, you get to pick up one of these randomized melee weapons. I'll have water balloons tied to the target stands, and you must busy the balloons to clear whatever targets you don't get with the rifle. Wanna just go and melee? Do it. Wanna carry your own melee weapon? Go for it. Bonus points if anyone carries a chainsaw. For the record, that's a Louisville Slugger, a KABARtana, and a Trauma Hawk from Zombie Tools
Old September 10, 2019, 15:12   #66
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor!! Section 8 Tactical Supply is an awesome gun store down in Jackson, Georgia. They're offering all of the competitors a pretty sweet discount on all of their Garmin products, and gonna be putting some limited edition AR furniture on the prize table. You can check them out on social media and their website, www.section8supply.com
Old September 10, 2019, 15:23   #67
ElTigre
Registered

And we have yet another returning sponsor! Iron City Rifleworks is coming back this year. They manufacture some of the coolest AR accessories and receivers on the market. Their bolt carrier groups are some of the best in the business. Check em out on social media and their website. www.ironcityrifleworks.com
Old September 10, 2019, 22:46   #68
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 7 - Awww crap, these guys STILL heal? - Presented by Seekins Precision
Hit all 6 heads of the hydra in a row otherwise they'll just grow back! If you miss, you gotta move so you don't get bit!
On the buzzer, engage the plate rack at 15 yards. You must make a clean run to finish the stage. If you miss any plate, you will run around the barrel roughly 5 yards to your left(keeping your muzzle pointed down range)
while the RO resets the plate rack.
Required pistol hits - 6
Old September 12, 2019, 19:48   #69
ElTigre
Registered

New feature! We are offering a "gun handling and safety orientation" course for those who wish to take it on Saturday morning. If you've never did a RnG before, or any competition shooting, then this class maybe something you wanna check out. It'll be an hour to an hour and a half and will cost 10 bucks per shooter. It will be COMPLETELY COLD. No live fire will happen. But you'll go over how to clear your rifle and show it as such to an RO. How to clear your pistol and show it. How to reholster safely. How to move with your weapons without flagging everyone around you. A very basic intro for those who want/need it. Sign up for this will happen on race day at registration. So if you're interested, please bring an extra 10 bucks in cash. Half the money is going to Mission 22. The other half is going to pay the 3 ROs who will act as instructors for their time.
Old September 19, 2019, 21:30   #70
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 8 - Planet of the Apes - Presented by Burris Optics
The apes have taken advantage of the chaos to show that they have evolved. They're making a play for ownership of planet earth. Kill the underlings, while simultaneously punching through Ceasar's armor to take him out!
Start in shootbox 1, hit all 6 pistol targets. Safely transition to your rifle as you move to shootbox 2. Hit one of the 5 smaller gongs, then the large silhouette. Repeat until you have hit all 5 gongs, and have hit the large silhouette 5 times.
Required pistol hits - 6
Required rifle hits - 10
Old September 24, 2019, 20:27   #71
ElTigre
Registered

I'm excited to announce that Holosun Optics is returning this year as a sponsor! They've made a big splash in the micro red dot world and many in the industry are touting them as the pistol sight option to have. All of their sights are rock solid, and have some features that simply raise the bar on the competition. You can check out their whole line up at www.holosun.com
Old September 24, 2019, 20:41   #72
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Primer&Co is gonna be giving away a goodie bag to everyone who runs the match. They'll include a discount code for some of their awesome shirts and other assorted accoutrements. The shirts are awesome, and the business is ran by a great woman and her midpack shooting husband. You can find them on Instagram, Facebook and their website. www.etsy.com/shop/Primerandco
Old September 26, 2019, 20:04   #73
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day!!! I picked up this little beauty from Alexander Arms tonight, along with all kinds of swag. This is the second of the 3 random guns for Stage 1. Chambered in .17HMR, it's gonna get topped with one of the Hawke rimfire optics. Alexander Arms represents innovation unleashed, and they hit a homerun with this sweet little rifle.
Old September 26, 2019, 21:41   #74
ElTigre
Registered

I have two other matches who are cross pollinating with mine and throwing a free slot of our prize table. Heartbreak is one of the most physically demanding Run N Guns in the country and is an absolute top notch event held at Bluegrass Sportsman's League near Lexington KY. The match will be on February 22, 2020. And the Tristate Tactical Two Gun is happening on November 16, 2019 at Redbrush Range near Evansville Indiana. This is the first year for this highly physical tactical two gun match that features no resupply and an obstacle before every stage. You can find information on both matches on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/HeartBreakRnG/

www.facebook.com/Tristatetacticaltwogun/
Old September 29, 2019, 19:15   #75
ElTigre
Registered

Just a heads up, Wednesday is the last day to withdraw and receive a full refund. After that you will receive 50 percent refund if you withdraw more than 14 days before the match. Inside of that, I'm sorry but I can't give you any refund.
Old September 30, 2019, 19:09   #76
ElTigre
Registered

Patches got delivered today! Pretty pumped with how they turned out! Will have info on shirts in the next few days. Also, let's discuss lodging. Far and away the best place to stay is the Lodge at Rockcastle Shooting Center. There are other hotels in the area, but the full experience isn't just the race, it's the gear swap the night before and the camaraderie of sharing a beer and bitching about the evils of a jackleg match director. All of this is convenient when you just stay on property. Plus the service is top notch, and you won't get dirty looks when you field strip your AR in the lobby. Give them a call and reserve rooms soon, cuz I'm sure they're gonna fill up for that weekend.
Old October 03, 2019, 20:01   #77
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor!!! Teludyne Tech has sponsored this match since the beginning. They have given the winner a custom Dracos Straight Jacket Barrel system both years. Well, this year they're custom shop is in the process of moving, so they didn't know if they'd get to. They reached out to their partner, Falkor Defense and in collaboration, they're coming back. They're shipping us a barrel that will change the way you think about repeatable accuracy. I've had one of their barrels on my RPR for years, and it's the single most accurate gun I've ever fired. And guess what, poi shift due to heat really isn't a thing with these barrels.you can find their full line up at www.dracosbarrels.com
Old October 03, 2019, 20:16   #78
ElTigre
Registered

And another sponsor! @vortexoptics is another company that has always supported this match, and does a ton for the shooting sports in general. They also happen to make some fantastic optics. Whether you need binos, a long range precision scope, a duty LPVO, or a lightning fast red dot, Vortex has something for you. You can check them out on various social media and on their website www.vortexoptics.com
Old October 05, 2019, 15:31   #79
ElTigre
Registered

Full course of fire in one spot for the 10K.

Stage 1 - Well F@ck Presented by MOA Targets LLC

So the apocalypse has happened. You're a ways from home and all you have is your pistol. You need a rifle, and you know just the gangbangers house where to get it. But you never can tell what kind of rifle they're gonna have.

Stage your rifle to the side. Draw one of three colors. On the buzzer, engage the Mini Mo target from 10 yards. This target will require you to hit the "bullseye" chest plate, which will raise the head target. You will then shoot the head target, knocking it down and resetting. Reholster your pistol. Run to the board matching the color you drew. Pick up the rifle behind that board. It is loaded with an unknown amount of ammo. Engage 5 rifle targets. If you run out of rifle ammo, you may pick up the melee weapons associated with your rifle and clear the remaining targets.

Required pistol hits - 2
Required rifle hits - 5 from a stage gun

Stage 2 - Toddler Rescue Presented by Firearm Guard

Zombies are attacking and you've gotta save the little kid. Even if he is ugly. Don't shoot the other people trying to escape though. Murder is still bad.

On the buzzer pick up the simulated toddler and move forward through the cave. You will engage 5 zombie targets one handed. Each target can be neutralized with a single headshot. Hits anywhere else on the target won't do any good. A hit anywhere on a no shoot will cost you 30 seconds to your shoot time. After you have completed the course of fire, return the simulated toddler to his starting position and exit the cave.

Required pistol hits - 5

Remember, you will need some sort of light to move through the cave. Weapon mounted lights fine for the course of fire, but you will need to get to the start position without one. I recommend a headlamp or handheld light that fits in your pocket.

Stage 3 - The Walking(and crawling) Dead Presented by Alexander Arms

The Walking Dead are bad enough. Did you know that small animals who eat zombie flesh get the virus too? Destroy the human zombie hoard, then take out the zombie rats.

Start in shoot box 1, find and engage all targets with a single hit from your rifle. Move to shoot for 2, repeat. There are 20 hits between the two shoot boxes, the RO will not point out targets and you will decide when you have hit them all. Then, move to shoot box 3, and transition to your pistol. Clear the 10 targets hanging from the stand.

Each rifle.target left not neutralized is a 30 second penalty. Each pistol target left is a 10 second penalty.

This is the only steel target stage with penalties instead of a DNF since you aren't being told how many targets can be engaged from each shoot box. Rifle targets will be 6-10 inch plates ranging from 50-100 yards. Pistol targets will be 2-6 inches at a range of about 7 yards.

Required rifle hits - 20
Required pistol hits - 10

Stage 4 - Defending Area 51 - Presented by Smokes Composites

Just cuz the apocalypse has happened doesn't mean you get to blow off duty. Defend the aliens against the swarm of hipsters, geeks, and other aliennappers.

Start by moving up to the VTAC board. There are 5 pistol targets(Kyle's) ranging from 7-12 yards and 5 rifle targets(Naruto Runners) from 50-75 yards. You must hit one target from each port of the VTAC board, including the barricade on the outside. You can choose which targets to engage first, rifle or pistol, and which ports to shoot that weapon out of. You can only use each port to hit a single target, then must transition to a different port.

Required rifle hits - 5
Required pistol hits - 5

Stage 5 - Golems Presented by ThunderBeast Arms
A mad wizard has created a bunch of golems! Kill them all before they can terrorize the country side.

On the buzzer, engage the targets from nearest to farthest. The closest target will be a 4 inch plate at 60 yards. The furthest will be a very large plate at 500. The 8 in the middle are of various sizes at unknown distances.

Required Rifle Hits - 10

Stage 6 - Quick Draw Mcgraw - Presented by Mantis X
You come upon a rogue flying monkey in the woods. Take him out before he can eat your face!
On the buzzer you will have 5 seconds to draw and make a single hit on a target at 7-10 yards.
Required pistol hits - 1

Stage 7 - Awww crap, these guys STILL heal? - Presented by Seekins Precision
Hit all 6 heads of the hydra in a row otherwise they'll just grow back! If you miss, you gotta move so you don't get bit!
On the buzzer, engage the plate rack at 15 yards. You must make a clean run to finish the stage. If you miss any plate, you will run around the barrel roughly 5 yards to your left(keeping your muzzle pointed down range)
while the RO resets the plate rack.
Required pistol hits - 6

Stage 8 - Planet of the Apes - Presented by Burris Optics
The apes have taken advantage of the chaos to show that they have evolved. They're making a play for ownership of planet earth. Kill the underlings, while simultaneously punching through Ceasar's armor to take him out!
Start in shootbox 1, hit all 6 pistol targets. Safely transition to your rifle as you move to shootbox 2. Hit one of the 5 smaller gongs, then the large silhouette. Repeat until you have hit all 5 gongs, and have hit the large silhouette 5 times.
Required pistol hits - 6
Required rifle hits - 10

Total rifle hit count:45
Total pistol hit counts:35
Old October 12, 2019, 13:18   #80
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day! Teludyne Tech and Falkor Defense sure know how to make a helluva barrel! This thing was packaged so awesomely that I was honestly hesitant to open it up. And when I did it was like opening the a treasure chest. This barrel is epic. And it comes prefit with an adjustable gas block and gas tube. Of course it's chambered in my favorite long range caliber, 6.5 Creedmoor.
Old October 16, 2019, 20:33   #81
ElTigre
Registered

Below is the full course of fire for the Rimfire 5K on Sunday. Still plenty of slots left for it, so if you have some friends who are thinking about it, tell them to get signed up!

Stage 1 - The Walking Dead
Headshots, headshots, headshots. It's all about the headshots when you're facing up against zombies.
Start in shoot box one. Hit 5 targets with a single hit each. Move to shoot box 2. Hit the same 5 targets again with a single hit. Move to shoot box 3. Hit the same 5 targets with a single shot each.
Total hits required - 15.

Stage 2 - Quick Draw Mcgraw
You come upon a rogue flying monkey in the woods. Take him out before he can eat your face!
On the buzzer draw and make a single hit on a target at 7-10 yards. This is the single pistol stage. There will be a provided pistol if you don't own one. If you wanna carry and shoot your own, feel free to do so.
Required pistol hits - 1

Stage 3 - Stalking the Underdark
Move through the Drow encampment, taking out the squad of evil elves.
Move through the cave, placing two hits on each target as they present themselves. D zone hits will not count. 10 second penalty for each target not neutralized.
Required hits - 10

Stage 4 - Killer Bees!
The zombie apocalypse has caused even regular animals to become frightening. Bees have grown to enormous size, and are meaner than snakes!
Engage 2 6 inch plates from the standing at 20 yards, 2 plates from the sitting or kneeling at 40 yards, and 2 plates from the prone at 60 yards.
Required Hits - 6

Stage 5 - Monsters Everywhere!!!
A horde of monsters approaches, blast away until they're all gone!
Engage 12 randomly placed and sized targets from inside the shoot box.
Required hits - 12

Total Hits required - 43
1 pistol hit
Old October 16, 2019, 20:36   #82
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day! Yesterday I got a shipment from Hawke Optics. Two fantastic scopes. Got home from work today and mounted one on the custom 10/22. So this rifle is officially done building and ready to shoot. That Hawke scope is perfect for this build and I just can't wait to see what it can do.
Old October 16, 2019, 20:42   #83
ElTigre
Registered

T-shirt sales are live! Our sponsor Run N Gun Apparel has been working hard and got them up today. If you want them by match day, you have about a week to order them. The link will remain live for about a week to a week and a half after the match. But you should order one now, wear it and get it all dirty at the match, then order another one because it was a good luck charm and helped you run faster and shoot better! To maintain total transparency, I will be making about 5 dollars off of each shirt sold to help cover match costs.

https://runandgunapparel.com/product...ie-10k-t-shirt
Old October 17, 2019, 12:01   #84
ElTigre
Registered

Alright guys I sincerely apologise about this. I just got off the phone with Run and Gun Apparel. Due to an issue that has never before came up, they can't use their usual printing agent. So they are going to use a different one, a more local business. This has two main effects. The first is that if you want the shirt by match day, you need to get your orders in today. The second big change is that all the colors of the logos are going to be changed to zombie green, instead of multi colored. If you have already ordered a shirt, and this is a problem, contact them and they will cancel the order. On the bright side, this has allowed us to expand to a "collection" of shirts. Check them out at the link below.

https://runandgunapparel.com/collect...ife-zombie-10k
Old October 22, 2019, 05:50   #85
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day! Sort of. Our sponsor @primerandco has just released this awesome hoodie. I mean, who doesn't love an FAL? If you don't you should. So head on over to the link below and order one. If you contact them, they can hand deliver on match day. Also, they are gonna have a booth at the match, so they will have some in stock and also be able to take orders. This thing may really be appreciated, as the weather that day is supposed to be chilly at best.

https://primerandco.patternbyetsy.co...-by-primer-and

P.S. If this shirt doesn't sell well on this forum I'm gonna be highly disappointed in y'all.
Edit: Use code ZOMBIERNG if you wanna pick up your shirt at the match. It's good until Sunday and will save you 20 percent plus shipping

Last edited by ElTigre; October 22, 2019 at 07:39.
Old October 29, 2019, 17:51   #86
ElTigre
Registered

Some things happening this weekend other than the main matches. We of course are having the Accushot Challenge as a side match. We are also going to be having a quick draw side match. Ever wanted to go head to head with a buddy and see who was quicker on the draw? Here's your chance for irrefutable proof who's better. And the winner will get a raffle ticket.
Friday night we're gonna have the Zombie gear swap. 7-9. Location will likely be the dining room, but barring that, we will make an alternate location announcement. So bring your gear you don't want and see if you can swap it out for something you do want. Guns also welcome. Saturday morning is the Run N Gun Orientation and Skills Class. This will be offered by my ROs. Signups for this class will happen during registration and costs 10 bucks. This is a chance for folks who are less comfortable or who haven't competed before to get some lessons on safety and how to efficiently move through a stage given by some of the top competitors in our sport.

And last, but not certainly least, our sponsor MOA Targets is bringing a full auto lower. You can slap your upper on it, flip the giggle switch and go to town. Note, we are not responsible if you don't have a full auto rated bolt carrier group. So bring some.extra ammo and let freedom ring. To kinda celebrate all this, they're also offering a package deal. You can pickup one of their Mini Mo targets and their Freedom Wheel(their awesome spinner) together as a package deal. They will also be on site and can answer any questions you might have about their steel. Link to the special deal below.

https://www.moatargets.com/package-d...reactive-combo
Old November 09, 2019, 08:57   #87
ElTigre
Registered

Last call on shirts! There are these raglan baseball shirts and hoodies left at the link below. Shirts will be available through next Friday. @runandgunapparel did a great job with these and you're missing out if you don't get one...or seven.

https://runandgunapparel.com/search?...oduct&q=zombie
Old Yesterday, 21:09   #88
ElTigre
Registered

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lstenn...71494821/page1

Pictures from the match taken by one Lisa Stennett. Feel free to use these as you see fit, but if you use them, credit her.