Notices

Old September 24, 2019, 16:22   #1
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
80% Letitia

http://www.intellectualconservative....15-build-kits/

NY is now leading the way, in attempting to ban 80% AR receivers in NYS, and POSSIBLY, all AR parts and replacement parts sold on the internet.

Eighty% contacted Internet sellers of receiver blanks ,and other AR parts with a cease and desist letters.............lots of words there.

Can you ban a lump of metal that is not a gun;...."NO", according to the ATF.

Apparently, "intent" to construct an assault weapon, even with a Thorsden stock MAY become illegal, if constructed with an 80%'er........................... but legal, if built with a real AR Receiver. WTF?????

Such LEGAL AR's and AR10s ARE for sale, with Thordsen stocks, all over NYS in gun shops, right now.

Will NYS now issue an energency stop order on all AR sales in NYS?

That will require a determination regarding just what the Safe Act banned???

The legal AR's currently legal and available in NYS, are limited to a detachable 10 round mag and no flash hider or bayonet lug or pistol grip, and the Thordsen stock........... big deal.

THEY DID NOT BAN SEMI AUTOMATICS AT ALL, as they TRULY believed they did.

This sort of Legal AR ,is like a Remington 742 deer rifle or a BAR or an 1100 shotgun.

WTF are they going to do about the new Remington "Tact 13" and "TACT 14" "FIREARMS", now being sold in NYS, as entirely legal in appearance, as sawed off shotguns?

NYS will go to the fore front of the gun litigation very shortly, in the nation.

AND...........to their ignorance of the situation, FULL FEATURED AR's, with fixed Mag Lock arrangements, are also being sold with all evil features, at gun shops across NYS; they are not assault weapons as they do not have a detachable mag....... are also proliferating across NYS.

The NYS Safe Act has been for all practical purposes, been legally worked around and essentially defeated, like a ban on toilet paper................widely ignored, and leaves you with a shitty situation on your hands, screaming for the CSEA Janitor in the Capitol building, as the law was not comprehensive enough to totally ban all AR sales in NYS in any current configuration.

Coupled with the likely, 1-3 million AR's not registered in NYS, and hidden away by their guns owners---(not me, I registered), it sounds like Letita has only considered this situation about 80% and is reacting to a rant by the Gov who likely reads this forum and other AR forums.

80%, will likely need a new law that prevents home milled ghost guns, even with fixed mags, and in fact a total ban on gun smithing at all...should be a hoot to get passed and held up by the Fed Courts.

So, they will have to essentially ban all semi automatic weapons in NYS because of......................bibles and guns........... and voters.

It will not pass SCOTUS, I am 80% sure.

Last edited by V guy; September 25, 2019 at 18:21.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2019, 19:55   #2
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
I'm so glad I don't live in New York.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2019, 06:17   #3
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Prospective Ban will certainly result in panic buying as usual. Hang tough Vguy.
Old September 25, 2019, 18:37   #4
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

NYS apparanty contacted 16 vendors in OTHER STATES, GIVING THEM 5 DAYS, to turn over all their sales records, or face prosecution. It is already using or has obtained internet sales records from those vendors, on buyers of such 80% items.

And warned them not to sell 80% receivers in NYS..................what are legally lumps of metal, according to the ATF.

80% has forgotten about that pesky Interstate Commerce clause.

Will State Troopers head to California or other states with warrants and seizure orders? Nope.

I suppose that those vendors lawyers have refused to comply and send anything at all, to a rogue state-- the Sanctuary State, Cuomo Empire, a separate and independent state, and no longer part of the United States.

It took the SCOTUS to say that collecting sales tax from vendors in other states was legal.

No law against lumps of metal yet...........but I say that it is coming in NYS, along with more nonsense bans on parts and ammo. Next will be high performance parts for old cars that "pollute".

They got rid of 20 round mags, but not 10 round mags.
It looks like a high mountain for NYS to climb, and we need ICEberg to leave, so that the proper case is decided at SCOTUS. legalizing so called assault weapons and declaring the bans illegal.

NYS would ignore such a SCOTUS ruling for sure.......

NYS also wants to control ammo purchases, demanding NICS checks on ammo, something NYS failed to implement, even though it it is on the NYS books. They want the Feds to mandate NICS on Ammo.

Attempting To stop the sales of lower fire control parts, like LaRue and Geiseele Triggers and upper receiver bbls, bolts and parts, that are legal to buy is also part of the NYS Strategy.
Old September 26, 2019, 09:21   #5
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Ammoland just posted some info on this subject. I'm sure other states will be watching and ready to join in this type of nonsense:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/ny-...wer-receivers/

NY State Sends Cease and Desist Orders to Sites Selling 80% Lower Receivers

Syracuse, NY--(Ammoland.com)- New York Attorney General Letitia James sent a cease and desist order to 16 different websites selling 80% lower receivers and part kits.

“Your website offers unfinished lower receivers that require simple milling in order to manufacture unregistered and un-serialized assault weapons, despite the fact that such manufacture and possession are illegal in New York,” the order reads. “Nor does your website adequately warn New York consumers that using these products in the manner for which they are intended and advertised could result in imprisonment and/or fines.”

The anti-gun Attorney General is not releasing the names of the websites selling the parts for fear of driving traffic to their sites. One site targeted by James is 80-lower.com. AmmoLand was able to identify the site by a screenshot of the “No FFL Required” thumbnail included in the Attorney General's press release.

Buying and building an AR-15 from an 80% lower receiver is legal in New York state if it complies with the SAFE Act of 2013. The New York law bans semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines and one additional listed of cosmetic features. The websites in question are not breaking any state or federal laws.

In a statement released to AmmoLand by80-lower.com verified that they were one of the sites targeted and said they were surprised by the order.

“We were taken aback by AG James' cease-and-desist order and the language used in it,” the statement read. “Just as we've maintained since our founding, none of the products we sell are legally considered firearms by any state or federal law. More importantly, buying one of our products – in this case, an 80% lower receiver, officially called a receiver blank by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms – and turning it into a firearm does not in any way constitute the making of an assault weapon.”

Gun owners worry that if the Attorney General is successful in enforcing this cease and desist order that it will embolden her to pursue action against other sites. They fear she will target other sites selling non-regulated gun parts such as lower parts kits.

Gun rights activist see the AG's move as an attempt at more gun control. Gun Owners of America's Director of Communications Jordan Stein echoed this sentiment to AmmoLand.
Old September 26, 2019, 09:34   #6
ncjeeper
Registered

FALaholic #: 65663
Sounds like companies should just start making 79% lowers.
Old September 26, 2019, 14:15   #7
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

According to the draft law that is expected to pass next year, even home gunsmithing--i.e. assembling "no evil feature" AR15's, on legal 100% receivers, with Thordsen stocks............... must only be done by a registered gunsmith, no more home gunsmithing or assembly of COMPLIANT GUNS in NYS.

It is not clear that one can even take a 100% legal, registered AR-15 apart, or any firearm apart for cleaning, and reassembly--- the lower to the upper, without having a gunsmith do so, if that law passes.

It is maddness for sure.

I expect that Thordsen stocked firearms, with no evil features, will be announced as illegal semi automatic ASSAULT WEAPONS, just like the ones they banned, very shortly....fixed mag or not.

Or yeah, selling an 80% receiver blank, to anyone, after, or even before the effective date of he law, will be a felony.
Yet the law allows a gunsmith, to make and assemble a ghost gun, and # it.
Old September 26, 2019, 23:56   #8
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Let that obese woman push this shit upon other jurisdictions

Some points:
80% things are not firearms even under New York law
Whore is pushing a Pre Crime narrative
sorry even there that likely won't hold water until such a point as the State legislature decrees them as actual firearms.

She can't just make up law

My thoughts are it will attempt to go after vendors under civil law using the New Jersey model on magazines
serious difference is those mags are unlawful under established State law
80%s are not

Establishing lucid definitions/doctrine on this is nigh on to impossible
one can build STENs out of exhaust tubing, been there and done that years ago and that's much easier than milling an AR blank

Last edited by brunop; October 16, 2019 at 15:05. Reason: Over the line. Try again - and leave race-based remarks out?
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2019, 08:16   #9
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
More smoke and mirrors. Look here not over there...
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2019, 10:16   #10
blueyedfaler
Registered

FALaholic #: 3609
Could a lawyer type please explain how Newyork state could do any thing to any one for selling leagle what ever to that state? Seems only recourse would be violation of fed laws and that is not the case here!
blueyedfaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2019, 18:53   #11
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

The 2013 NYS Safe Act, already declared that if any ammo seller, in any state, did not register with NYS as a legitimate ammo seller, they would be arrested.

That NYS Law ammo has about collapsed; no arrests of people in Iowa yet.

All Ammo purchases in NYS have to go thru an FFL, who just hands the ammo over anyway after delivery to his shop, no NICS check, or NYS special NICS check, that the NYS Police refused to do. It is also apparent that ammo sales are still going direct to buyers who buy on GB.

The future of 80% receivers and milling jigs in NYS is bleak. They are considering blanks as 100% illegal guns.......... and selling or giving one away to anyone will be like handing a .357 over to a thug.

If they find that you bought one, you have to make sure you sold it to a person who would have passed a NICS check............shutting profitable resales down, maybe.

The proposed law also referred TO ONGOING SPECIAL SURVEILLANCE already authorized (by what court?) underway on Internet sales........ Like me.

I suspect they are monitoring gunbroker for NYS IP Addresses for ammo purchases and parts....like me
Old September 27, 2019, 19:10   #12
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

https://www.tacticalshit.com/sites-s...from-new-york/

Text of the letter sent to 16 vendors in other states, demanding that they preserve all sales data...................
Old September 27, 2019, 21:34   #13
TheOtherChris
Registered

FALaholic #: 2050
"Our products are not intended to be used for the manufacture or assembly of prohibited firearms."
Old September 28, 2019, 12:58   #14
Archilochus
Registered

FALaholic #: 75708
Regardless of the legitimacy of the edict, this will work as desired. Sellers (both business and individual) will not want to get caught up in any potential legal crap (imagined or real), and will comply - even to the point of *over* complying as a cover-your-ass move.

This same sort of garbage worked out exactly as planned in Massachusetts, and is (one of) my reasons to move to NH.

Last edited by Archilochus; September 28, 2019 at 16:08.
Archilochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2019, 14:29   #15
blueyedfaler
Registered

FALaholic #: 3609
There is not a gotdamn thing new york can do to someone in an other state for selling legal products! What are they going to do, send local cops to another state to arrest and kidnap and haul them back to NY? Seriously, who believes this?
blueyedfaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2019, 18:31   #16
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I’m still trying to visualize what a communist takeover of the
State of Texas will look like based on what I see taking place
in New York, California, Washington, Massachusetts et al....

There is a huge push to turn Texas blue....their going to choke us
till we turn blue.....

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 13:14   #17
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Since I originally registered, I will likely be inspected for "contraband" soon enough.

As a result, I have no 80% metal lumps, only real lumps with #'s.

I can legally still put together compliant firearms with serial numbers, and purchase parts.

The problem with NYS assigning unique serial numbers to ghost guns, if they pass such laws, is that it turns NYS into a Firearms MFG'er.

Those numbers have to be reported to the ATF, Federal excise tax paid, State sales tax paid on parts value, and then a NICS check conducted for $35.00 before re-delivery.

NYS as a Firearms MFG/Dealer?

I PREDICT THAT IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN LEGALLY.

Too many hoops for NYS to jump thru. What is the guy who gets the gun then uses the gun in a crime?

Seems to be the end for such an idea of assigning numbers; only confiscation and prosecution will happen for ghost gun possession.

Chop em up now in NYS, even though if compliant, they are legal to own.

It is cheaper to buy real AR receivers for $50.00.
Old October 16, 2019, 15:06   #18
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
I'd sell my house and move. Or I'd get it in my head that trouble's heading my way.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 15:30   #19
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I'd sell my house and move. Or I'd get it in my head that trouble's heading my way.
Trouble is already in NYS. As of Jan 01, there is no bail require for assault, b&e, grand larceny, drugs, etc.
Old October 16, 2019, 17:34   #20
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
^

I didn't know that, but it's in the favor of my point - which you already know.

I'd be outta there like the Eagles said: "lickety-splitly...".
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2019, 14:24   #21
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Since I originally registered, I will likely be inspected for "contraband" soon enough.

As a result, I have no 80% metal lumps, only real lumps with #'s.

I can legally still put together compliant firearms with serial numbers, and purchase parts.

The problem with NYS assigning unique serial numbers to ghost guns, if they pass such laws, is that it turns NYS into a Firearms MFG'er.

Those numbers have to be reported to the ATF, Federal excise tax paid, State sales tax paid on parts value, and then a NICS check conducted for $35.00 before re-delivery.

NYS as a Firearms MFG/Dealer?

I PREDICT THAT IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN LEGALLY.

Too many hoops for NYS to jump thru. What is the guy who gets the gun then uses the gun in a crime?

Seems to be the end for such an idea of assigning numbers; only confiscation and prosecution will happen for ghost gun possession.

Chop em up now in NYS, even though if compliant, they are legal to own.

It is cheaper to buy real AR receivers for $50.00.
Some points V
NY State can not assign SNs that will be Federally recognized
only ATFE can do that, they used to do this for recovered guns that had defaced serials.

There are ATFE standards on depth
you can not just buzz on a number with an electropencil engraver

more over, just because NY demands a SN don't raise the act to manufacturing
it's outside of ATFE duties to even include any of this in duties and they probably won't, outside the regulations, rules & Federal Law
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 19:40   #22
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
The best thing I ever did was get the hell out of Gloucester, Massachusetts.

What used to be a peaceful fishing town us now neo-lib central. And it’s spreai g all over the northeast.