The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old October 26, 2019, 10:27   #51
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Well, about all that can be said about this mess is, 'keep voting for democraps kommiefornia, you're halfway to hell.....'
357ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2019, 22:18   #52
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
THE wide-spread panic caused by the California wildfires has shockingly sparked looting as gangs stormed evacuated areas to steal guns and chainsaws.

Six people have now been arrested after being found with allegedly stolen items in places cleared as a result of the fire which has claimed the lives of at least 48 people.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/773955...mp-fire-butte/

Glimpse of the future

Quote:
Venezuelans started looting supermarkets in Caracas on Sunday, as power outages reached their fourth day
Venezuela opposition leader Juan Guaido called for a nation-wide march on the capital to pressurise regime
The country will enter fifth day of power outages after blackouts crippled infrastructure, shops and hospitals
At least 15 patients with kidney disease died after dialysis machines stopped working during power outage
President Nicolas Maduro has blamed the blackout on sabotage and cyber attacks from within Venezuela
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-outages.html
Old November 02, 2019, 22:26   #53
Story
Registered

But wait, there's MORE

Quote:
Amid what was effectively the longest planned power shut-off in California, the toll of the blackout — both immediate and existential — took shape Wednesday for PG&E customers who have weathered back-to-back outages, lasting up to five days for nearly half a million people.
Quote:
Unsure whether Pacific Gas & Electric would keep a promise to restore power by evening, county executive Carol Huchingson said Wednesday afternoon she was considering opening emergency shelters for medically fragile residents who have been pushed “completely around the bend.” Worry that outages are the new normal has been replaced by insistence that they cannot be.

“It’s insane,” Huchingson said. “It’s horrible and just totally unacceptable.”
https://www.omaha.com/news/national/...e98dc0541.html
Old November 03, 2019, 09:30   #54
partisan50
Registered

FALaholic #: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
So now,people will have to cook over open fires outdoors,and thus,increase the chances of wildfires....
Unless they have a BBQ grill.
partisan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 03, 2019, 10:11   #55
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
I'm sure the state could do a much better job of running things

What a mess....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/califor...-e-11572641749

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 03, 2019, 18:44   #56
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
More on the above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJWhqbCe-04
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 01:50   #57
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Medically fragile patients should have backup energy. Can run my BiPAP ASV over a week without charging the battery tethered to its UPS. Can bring another battery up if need or more likely the generator cycles keeping the refrigerators, freezers and house comfortable running HVAC as often as needed doubt it would be an issue. Have an oxygen generator and nobody in our house needs oxygen but can see a need for it if riding out some nasty air quality contaminant. We also have a defibrillator since wife's bone disease is progressing and her ability to do CPR without hurting herself is slowly getting to critical point. Last month when we updated our CPR cards it was a struggle for her to light up the green lights on the dummies. People who can't keep life critical machines running with a spare in case it breaks plus emergency power with its own backup to run them need to rethink their situation. If they can't afford it then their family or church needs to step in and help.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 06:06   #58
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
Sounds like they living the reservation lifestyle out In cali
. Nothin relaxing like hauling water & cuttin fireeood.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2019, 11:11   #59
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

If spreads to cities may burn up some of the feces and bet it is displacing thousands of people (mostly illegals) living in tent cities. Wonder how much is going unreported. I like it when Georgia Power comes down my street cutting back all trees and limbs within a set distance of power lines. We still have some extended outages from ice storms but this summer was the worst drought in North Georgia I can remember in my life and have not heard about any fires caused by electrical lines and trees or other foliage.

We don't sue the power company or issue injunctions when they try to keep the power grid clear of obstacles. Hate to say it but the tree hugging liberals are getting what they deserve. We still do controlled burns to control underbrush and reduce chance of big wildfires. Bet what's happening in Cali is closest they can come to controlled burns. Let it grow till have a real problem. Would not live there if was given a check for $10,000,000 day I moved in a Cali addressed home.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old November 06, 2019, 08:47   #60
Story
Registered

Got shortwave?

Quote:
California saw significant interruptions of cellphone service due to the planned power shut-offs at precisely the time customers needed to be alerted about evacuation warnings — raising questions about how prepared California is for future electric shut-offs and other public safety emergencies, such as a major earthquake.

At one point, Marin County saw 57% of its 280 cellphone tower sites out of service. Other counties also saw major disruptions: Sonoma, Lake, Santa Cruz, Humboldt and Calaveras all encountered days in which more than 20% of cellphone towers were out; Napa County saw a day when 19% of cell towers were not working, according to data released by the Federal Communications Commission.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...jor-earthquake
Old November 06, 2019, 09:38   #61
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
I am kinda of waiting for them to say if we had banned guns and Hilray for president, the fires would not have happened.

You know, kinda of "if she weights as much as a duck, she is made of wood and therefore she is a witch" argument.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 12:25   #62
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

After spending years working tech support and emergency power for Ma Bell I know how fragile the cell, wired and internet grids really are. Like having backup generator everyone should have at least a technician level ham radio license and a couple radios.
Old November 07, 2019, 14:15   #63
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
How is that lectric automobile working out?
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2019, 14:44   #64
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
How is that lectric automobile working out?
I expect the answer to be something like this
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote