Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old February 13, 2020, 12:07   #1
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Talking Trump brushes off end to Philippines military pact

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday brushed aside the decision of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte to end a decades-old military agreement with the United States, saying he did not really mind and it would save money.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...204927062.html
Old February 13, 2020, 12:12   #2
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
This should make j happy, since he has a yuge disdain for military spending by this country. We be saving money now.
Old February 13, 2020, 12:20   #3
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
US President Donald Trump on Wednesday brushed aside the decision of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte to end a decades-old military agreement with the United States, saying he did not really mind and it would save money.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...204927062.html
Awesome....let's keep on pulling out of faraway places. This could be the start of a good trend.
Old February 13, 2020, 12:36   #4
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefarmer View Post
This should make j happy, since he has a yuge disdain for military spending by this country. We be saving money now.
True friends let you go your own way. Time for the Philippines to be what they want.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 15:10   #5
yovinny
Registered

FALaholic #: 7679
No worries,,its all good..
China will fill the hole,,and after awhile, treat them like the Jap's did....
yovinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 15:14   #6
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Awesome....let's keep on pulling out of faraway places. This could be the start of a good trend.
Yes!

We just cut a short term deal with those old nasty terrorists the Taliban, maybe exiting Afghanistan is next.

..............juanni
Old February 13, 2020, 15:45   #7
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
No worries,,its all good..
China will fill the hole,,and after awhile, treat them like the Jap's did....
As to the last, one can only hope.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 16:23   #8
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
As to the last, one can only hope.
and why would you even say something like that ?

I have yet to meet a Philippino that had hate for America
met a few Japanese that loathed our Nation

but at least the Japanese didn't try to genocide the islands like we did in the early 20th century

you may want to rethink that statement some brother
we are talking about one of the most hardcore largely Christian populations on earth
yeppers, murder them out and let Jesus sort souls right
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 16:33   #9
Bawana jim
Registered

Some years ago at a Portland gun show they had the Japanese pilot that shot down Pappy Boynton selling books at a table. As I looked at the book two Asian gals that I have no idea what country they were from walked by. He blurts out " look at those fking monkeys, just like monkey's aren't they".

There is a lot of hate in Asia and it's historical in nature so it won't go away. In my opinion.

Last edited by Bawana jim; February 13, 2020 at 17:17.
Old February 13, 2020, 16:51   #10
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Yes!

We just cut a short term deal with those old nasty terrorists the Taliban, maybe exiting Afghanistan is next.

..............juanni
One can only hope. That place is the graveyard of empires.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 17:02   #11
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
and why would you even say something like that ?

I have yet to meet a Philippino that had hate for America
met a few Japanese that loathed our Nation

but at least the Japanese didn't try to genocide the islands like we did in the early 20th century

you may want to rethink that statement some brother
we are talking about one of the most hardcore largely Christian populations on earth
yeppers, murder them out and let Jesus sort souls right
Right. By comparison the Japanese didn't treat them all that bad as they did, for example, the Chinese. Regardless at the end of the day the PI needs to accept responsibility for their choices. It is part and parcel of the whole 'freedom' thing. And I am for that.
Old February 13, 2020, 18:28   #12
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Right. By comparison the Japanese didn't treat them all that bad as they did, for example, the Chinese. Regardless at the end of the day the PI needs to accept responsibility for their choices. It is part and parcel of the whole 'freedom' thing. And I am for that.
Therein lays the main problem

Japan STILL has issues accepting responsibility
China, much the same over Mao's mass murder which so happened to be largely organized by Soviet Jews

So just exactly where do the people of the Philippines fit in ?
They were brutally repressed by Spain and fought them
We promised them a Nation in the 1890s, they became our proxy which kept troops stationed there locked in place
Then we denied them freedom so they took to fighting us
They were still fighting us in the 30s bubba'

Then it gets wild...
MacArthur loots the National Treasury, dumps tons of Silver and yes Gold at sea before his chickenshit retreat to Australia
some hero huh'

Same folks that fought Spain then America started hacking up Japs
this time we actually supported the people
air and sea drops of munitions and medicine plus we inserted advisors, number of OSS types
flips went to town slaughtering Japanese, there is some argument as to who won the front in the islands, the island Guerillas were brutal by 44' and had largely driven the Japs back to fortified garrisons

Japs planned on demolition of Manilla
that plot was mostly foiled, not by America either
in the end Mac shows up as some crackpot Jesus figure with his I Have Returned speech

Later we helped install Marcos who was little more than a political thug

So do tell
When does our nation accept it's own responsibilities...
seriously, at what cost this "freedom" you speak so highly of huh'

nope, this is pure still born diplomacy
as I see it Trump was playing barter town with Xe to achieve minor trade concessions.
shit they didn't even slow down the flood of synthetic dope from China one bit. Xe could stop that pretty much in a few days but that is barely on the table with The Donald

all Mexico is is a transshipment point for that particular poison originating in Xe's China
Old February 13, 2020, 19:10   #13
Sagerider
Registered

FALaholic #: 66564
This makes me a sad camper. Never been there but I consider them our friends.
As to shooting drug dealers check out the drug crocodile, one look and you would shoot them too and put them out of their misery. Walking corpses is what people on this crap become. Started out in Russia I think.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.

Last edited by Sagerider; February 13, 2020 at 19:22.
Sagerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 19:17   #14
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Therein lays the main problem

Japan STILL has issues accepting responsibility
China, much the same over Mao's mass murder which so happened to be largely organized by Soviet Jews
Sure.

But again, at some point they gotta accept it for what it is. If they don't they'll wind up swirling down the toilet with the turds, raging about how unfair it is and how it's all someone else's fault. Which is where the likes of J would lead 'em.

Smaller nations like the PI don't get to go it alone, it's just a fact of life. Not for long anyway. Never have, never will. They get to choose their friends (sometimes) and it ain't a la carte, it's a package deal. And they don't always get to choose, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria didn't get much of a choice after the fall of the Reich. And even when they do none of the choices may be what they want, all come with downsides. Yet some are distinguishable from others in important ways.

Frankly I'm for leaving 'em be, I don't think we need to empower anyone with the confidence that the 11th hour British guarantee gave the Poles back in 1939. Although I will say they have probably fared a lot better via their association with the US than they ever would have under Imperial Japan or, for that matter, Spain.
Old February 13, 2020, 19:27   #15
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Some years ago at a Portland gun show they had the Japanese pilot that shot down Pappy Boynton selling books at a table. As I looked at the book two Asian gals that I have no idea what country they were from walked by. He blurts out " look at those fking monkeys, just like monkey's aren't they".

There is a lot of hate in Asia and it's historical in nature so it won't go away. In my opinion.
That was my late Uncle's best buddy "Mike", author of Bye Bye Blacksheep

Mike was quite the character
yeah, I can absolutely believe him saying that too
Old February 13, 2020, 19:38   #16
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:

Then you know I don't bull shite in my stories. My daughter is good friends with a female schoolmate from Guam. I was invited to a family BBQ and got to hear old war stories of when the Japs invaded Guam. They never moved on and still carry the hurt, then they teach their kids about that past.

I bought a bunch of tea grown in Guam that cleans your system from them.
Old February 13, 2020, 19:39   #17
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:

This guy?

From the article:

As for Kawato's claim, Henry got this statement from the former president of the Japanese Defense Agency: "Kawato Masajiro piloted the third aircraft in a formation of four, and his assigned duty was to fly protective cover for the Japanese pilots actually engaged in the aerial combat in which Major G. Boyington was downed. Kawato Masajiro had a reputation among his fellow pilots as having plenty of guts. His courage in combat is not in question, but in so far as the battle of January 3, 1944 is concerned, his claim for credit is groundless and without a basis in fact."

http://https://www.warbirdforum.com/kawato.htm
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 19:54   #18
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Sure.

But again, at some point they gotta accept it for what it is. If they don't they'll wind up swirling down the toilet with the turds, raging about how unfair it is and how it's all someone else's fault. Which is where the likes of J would lead 'em.

Smaller nations like the PI don't get to go it alone, it's just a fact of life. Not for long anyway. Never have, never will. They get to choose their friends (sometimes) and it ain't a la carte, it's a package deal. And they don't always get to choose, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria didn't get much of a choice after the fall of the Reich. And even when they do none of the choices may be what they want, all come with downsides. Yet some are distinguishable from others in important ways.

Frankly I'm for leaving 'em be, I don't think we need to empower anyone with the confidence that the 11th hour British guarantee gave the Poles back in 1939. Although I will say they have probably fared a lot better via their association with the US than they ever would have under Imperial Japan or, for that matter, Spain.
That's the point...
Philippinos don't whine or bitch. You won't really know there are even pissed until bad shit starts happening and that takes a great deal in their culture
extremely tolerant people by any measure

Actually they will get along fine without American military bullshit and that's all we are talking about bubs
Where was America when the Chinese started stealing islands from them and violating their coastal waters ?
That's right, nowhere

Yes they asked again and again
and this is how we treat a treaty ally
overall we ignored them as sucking Chinese dick is far more important in DC

so what did this lead to ?
Well State visits between Manilla and Putin as well as Xe
Of course dumbass Americans don't follow these things
So now that America gets the hardcore Snub we have a bunch of Filers acting all butt hurt.
Sad truth is I have been posting on the lead up to this here since before Trump was elected.
but faux never covered nor did CNN
it was all outside the nation news feeds

Way to go Donald !
Old February 13, 2020, 20:22   #19
kels
Registered

FALaholic #: 15859
Since China and Vietnam don’t get along, we could probably made a deal with Vietnam

Like Germany wanting us to pull out, then they realized how much money we dumped into their economy
kels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 20:30   #20
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
This guy?

From the article:

As for Kawato's claim, Henry got this statement from the former president of the Japanese Defense Agency: "Kawato Masajiro piloted the third aircraft in a formation of four, and his assigned duty was to fly protective cover for the Japanese pilots actually engaged in the aerial combat in which Major G. Boyington was downed. Kawato Masajiro had a reputation among his fellow pilots as having plenty of guts. His courage in combat is not in question, but in so far as the battle of January 3, 1944 is concerned, his claim for credit is groundless and without a basis in fact."

http://https://www.warbirdforum.com/kawato.htm
bad link for me
that said, quite a bit of Imperial Japanese history is wide open to dispute
We pretty much just burned their military records during and after the war
Facts are, most claims are unprovable

Boyington contested Mikes version of events
then again Pappy was quite the drunken bullshitter himself which don't in anyway take away from some of his accomplishments
shit even the Red Chinese regard him as one of their own War hero's due to his year or so of service in their Flying Tigers

anyways that's about all there is to say about that I guess
Old February 13, 2020, 20:35   #21
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
That's the point...
Philippinos don't whine or bitch. You won't really know there are even pissed until bad shit starts happening and that takes a great deal in their culture
extremely tolerant people by any measure

Actually they will get along fine without American military bullshit and that's all we are talking about bubs
Where was America when the Chinese started stealing islands from them and violating their coastal waters ?
That's right, nowhere

Yes they asked again and again
and this is how we treat a treaty ally
overall we ignored them as sucking Chinese dick is far more important in DC

so what did this lead to ?
Well State visits between Manilla and Putin as well as Xe
Of course dumbass Americans don't follow these things
So now that America gets the hardcore Snub we have a bunch of Filers acting all butt hurt.
Sad truth is I have been posting on the lead up to this here since before Trump was elected.
but faux never covered nor did CNN
it was all outside the nation news feeds

Way to go Donald !
Who is acting butthurt?
Old February 13, 2020, 20:43   #22
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Who is acting butthurt?
between this and the other thread there's a good two pages of butt hurt it seems
Old February 13, 2020, 21:36   #23
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
We should stop being the greatest nation in the history of the world as soon as possible,,, and start going along to get along,,, in a pigs ass.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 00:47   #24
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
PH just told us to f-ck off. I understand why they did it, and trying to hang on makes us look pathetic and weak. We'll be fine and so will they.
Old February 14, 2020, 06:50   #25
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
We should stop being the greatest nation in the history of the world as soon as possible,,, and start going along to get along,,, in a pigs ass.
Psssst.....we were the greatest nation on earth before we set up house in the PI. We can still be the greatest nation on earth.
Old February 14, 2020, 08:06   #26
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
between this and the other thread there's a good two pages of butt hurt it seems
Well I guess I missed all the butthurt. Seen a few references to it, a couple of our resident knuckleheads are, as usual, drooling over the idea of it but I ain't seen any.
Old February 14, 2020, 08:10   #27
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Psssst.....we were the greatest nation on earth before we set up house in the PI. We can still be the greatest nation on earth.
Uh, no, that's the British Empire you're thinking of. You know, the one that took an obscure island dialect and turned it into the language of the entire planet, made cricket the most popular game in india and successfully colonized africa. About the only thing they really failed at was teaching the french the virtues of the flush toilet.
Old February 14, 2020, 08:13   #28
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

This is a funny thread. PI wants us out, apparently we're gonna get out, everyone seems to be OK with it except Martin....

And still the women take their swipes.
Old February 14, 2020, 08:18   #29
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Uh, no, that's the British Empire you're thinking of. You know, the one that took an obscure island dialect and turned it into the language of the entire planet, made cricket the most popular game in india and successfully colonized africa. About the only thing they really failed at was teaching the french the virtues of the flush toilet.
Uh, no, Bubbs. I was not thinking of the British Empire.

Yes, yes.....how's that irrelevant little island doing today? The queen still reigning over an empire?

What happened?

Andrew Jackson had the correct attitude about that bunch of inbred sunsabitches.
Old February 14, 2020, 09:28   #30
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Uh, no, that's the British Empire you're thinking of. You know, the one that took an obscure island dialect and turned it into the language of the entire planet, made cricket the most popular game in india and successfully colonized africa.
The most significant impact the British Empire had was taking places that were more or less in population/resource equilibrium and turning them into the rapid resource extraction/exploding population model which will eventually turn those places into the same pathetic state as the home island.

Over populated, exhausted resources, wildlife and fisheries extinct or depleted, grossly polluted, fossil fuels running out and a entitled class of parasites on top skimming off the cream......and no place left to loot.

Thanks, snaggletoothed Brits!

.............juanni

Last edited by juanni; February 14, 2020 at 09:47.
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 10:33   #31
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
[QUOTE=TedKennedy;4841133

Andrew Jackson had the correct attitude about that bunch of inbred sunsabitches.[/QUOTE]

OH NO!! There you go!! Quoting that guy who kilt Indians... I mean Native Americans. Now you did it!

Ain't supposed to do that , you know.

Jarhead
Old February 14, 2020, 11:12   #32
yovinny
Registered

FALaholic #: 7679
Quote:
Yup,,,thats Americans for ya'....

Happily killing muslim fanatics for centurys now....
yovinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 11:17   #33
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
Yup,,,thats Americans for ya'....

Happily killing muslim fanatics for centurys now....
Yep, and the muzzies are still there, and we aren't.

We are slow learners.

.............juanni
Old February 14, 2020, 11:20   #34
Bawana jim
Registered

Ya the muzzies...

https://youtu.be/tYn_6NjcopY
Old February 14, 2020, 11:27   #35
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
OH NO!! There you go!! Quoting that guy who kilt Indians... I mean Native Americans. Now you did it!

Ain't supposed to do that , you know.

Jarhead
If it wasn't for Andrew Jackson, my family wouldn't be in Oklahoma. I have no problem with Ol' Hickory.
Old February 14, 2020, 11:32   #36
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
Some years ago at a Portland gun show they had the Japanese pilot that shot down Pappy Boynton selling books at a table.

I knew Pappy and my wife use to help him sell his book at air shows, and he said that jap was full of shit.

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

"Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.”

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 11:36   #37
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
Some years ago at a Portland gun show they had the Japanese pilot that shot down Pappy Boynton selling books at a table.

I knew Pappy and my wife use to help him sell his book at air shows, and he said that jap was full of shit.
he spoke good English, good enough I could understand him as he insulted other Asians..
Old February 14, 2020, 11:47   #38
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Those inbred 'sonsofbitches' now control the fedres, and the Cb's of most nations, apart from a few - and we've largely been at war with that few ever since 1945!
Citing that any nation are all simply inbreds, is a failure of thought (immigration?) - since the 3rd Great British Empire, post 1812 - it's all been run by a FEW, who now severely influence the rest of the world!

Stop blaming nations, and consider the rulers and controllers - at the end of the day America fell into the same trap that the British People had done - they believed too much of what they were told by the politicians, propaganda via media portals, and other disinformation sources - to rally around a falsely constructed mode of patriotism - when all it is, is herding the flock!.
Consider 'ownerships of the Ideas' to apportion blame - currently:- google, twitter, nyt,cnn, msnbc etc..... all working and funded by what? The rest is iggerence, xenophobia, arrogance and gullibility - all symptoms of stupidity!

What we many want for the USA, is what the Philippines want for themselves - nothing wrong with that!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti

Last edited by Trypcil; February 14, 2020 at 13:04.
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 13:10   #39
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Uh, no, Bubbs. I was not thinking of the British Empire.

Yes, yes.....how's that irrelevant little island doing today? The queen still reigning over an empire?

What happened?

Andrew Jackson had the correct attitude about that bunch of inbred sunsabitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
The most significant impact the British Empire had was taking places that were more or less in population/resource equilibrium and turning them into the rapid resource extraction/exploding population model which will eventually turn those places into the same pathetic state as the home island.

Over populated, exhausted resources, wildlife and fisheries extinct or depleted, grossly polluted, fossil fuels running out and a entitled class of parasites on top skimming off the cream......and no place left to loot.

Thanks, snaggletoothed Brits!

.............juanni
Sure. Absolutely even.

So what? They were still the 'greatest nation on earth' at the time, just sayin ... It certainly wasn't their erstwhile colony. we were still focused on taming the continent.