The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old November 29, 2019, 21:46   #1
J308
Registered

FALaholic #: 7448
Red flag at work exactly as intended

As if we didn't already know what this red flag ish is for, here we have an ex-Marine at a protest who said, "If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," and the fbi subsequently took his guns.. Buh bye, bill of rights..

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-flag-law.html
J308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2019, 22:09   #2
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
This proves one shouldn't telegraph ones next move.

Do what is needed, dont talk about it on so called social media.

What he said is a no brainer, it's just our duty.
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2019, 23:05   #3
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
"red flag" that comes with a hammer and sickle on it,

confescation schemes are in direct conflict with our bill or rights, rights to freedom and liberty.
Old November 30, 2019, 00:07   #4
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Here's the rest of his quote:

“I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.”
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 00:41   #5
J308
Registered

FALaholic #: 7448
So? Should he have said he'd hand out thank-you notes if he gets attacked instead?
J308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 01:08   #6
Right Side Up
Registered

Try not to be such a dumbasss in life.

Red Flag law or no Red Flag law, you state in public you have spent a lot of time formulating a plan to kill mass numbers of people you're going to have LEO's knocking on your door. In his situation he evidently had a mental health warrant placed on him by the judge. He was locked up for 20 days to be evaluated. You don't seem concerned with that.

Last edited by Right Side Up; November 30, 2019 at 01:18.
Old November 30, 2019, 01:37   #7
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
You're all free to say what you think (it's called freedom of speech).

Unless you disagree with me, of course, and then I'll sic the JBTs on you to kill you (but I'm sure that goes without saying).

Just sayin'...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 01:47   #8
Right Side Up
Registered

None of you guys seem to get it.

You don't, let me repeat it, DON'T say at a protest that you have a plan in place to kill political opponents on a mass scale.

…..unless you want to phuck your life up for a while.

What the guy stated publicly is not protected speech. Get your books out and study.
Old November 30, 2019, 02:37   #9
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdYf_1WexXc

Old November 30, 2019, 08:33   #10
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
None of you guys seem to get it.

You don't, let me repeat it, DON'T say at a protest that you have a plan in place to kill political opponents on a mass scale.

…..unless you want to phuck your life up for a while.

What the guy stated publicly is not protected speech. Get your books out and study.
If thats true, kinda makes one wonder why entire groups of people marching in the street yelling "Kill the cops", et al and some "diverse individuals" can call for the genocide of an entire race (white) of people goes mostly unnoticed... sometimes even praised. Granted, this one guy "acted stupidly" (as Obama would say), but I think the rancor of his treatment stems from the fact that such prohibitions of speech seem only to be applied in one direction.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 15:15   #11
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:

you are wrong in stating that. he made no specific credible independent threat. he stated a conditional, generalized possible response.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 17:35   #12
Seaweed
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 2736
From what I have seen, if you make a threat and have the tools to carry it out, you have a problem.

If you say, for example that you are going to kill anybody, and have firearms, you will probably have a nice vacation at the gray bar hotel.

But if you say you are going to shoot somebody but don't have any firearms, you might avoid needing to leave your house.

Our culture is changing and leaving us old relics behind.
Seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 17:58   #13
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
If thats true, kinda makes one wonder why entire groups of people marching in the street yelling "Kill the cops", et al and some "diverse individuals" can call for the genocide of an entire race (white) of people goes mostly unnoticed... sometimes even praised. Granted, this one guy "acted stupidly" (as Obama would say), but I think the rancor of his treatment stems from the fact that such prohibitions of speech seem only to be applied in one direction.
You are free to report these types anonymously if you choose....the laws are a double edged sword....

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2019, 18:35   #14
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
You are free to report these types anonymously if you choose....the laws are a double edged sword....
They are a protected class.
Old November 30, 2019, 18:46   #15
Right Side Up
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
you are wrong in stating that. he made no specific credible independent threat. he stated a conditional, generalized possible response.
No, I'm not wrong. He said he formulated a plan to kill people belonging to a group he doesn't like, and the trigger he is waiting for is for an antifa punk to kill someone in his group. I'm curious if he would only be going after the infividual that would responsible, or just killing at random.

I'm curious as to what makes him any better than antifa.
Old November 30, 2019, 19:49   #16
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
He should have shouted, "Yall need Jesus! Come to church with me and learn about Jesus!".

But if he said, "If yall don't repent and give your lives to Jesus, you are going to burn in Hell!"

THEN the judge can/would order a raid on his house, kill him and his family and stomp his kittens and puppies; all in the name of Stalin.

Jarhead
Old November 30, 2019, 19:52   #17
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
No, I'm not wrong. .
under the law, you are. credible threat has a specific legal definition, but this happened in oregon, which does not recognise rule of law.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Old November 30, 2019, 21:05   #18
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
20 years ago he could have talked about this at the VFW over $2 beers with other guys, no one would care, and %99 would agree with him. But this is 2019, ISPs and lots of social media snowflakes are jonesing for this type of thing.
Old November 30, 2019, 22:50   #19
Right Side Up
Registered

Quote:
under the law, you are. credible threat has a specific legal definition, but this happened in oregon, which does not recognise rule of law.
Yeah well......he had the chance to say something profound, something that impressed, but alas no, he just makes threats.

God forbid a gun owner from acting like he has a brain.
Old December 01, 2019, 13:19   #20
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
The left has given everyone a new sense of purpose, with its pathetic fight against Trump and the Deplorables.

Speech about libs, like the insane Nadler, Schiff, Waters, Pelosi, etc, can duplicate what Republican Congressmen and the good Fox talking heads, but not say much more.

THAT still screws the libs, until Fox is taken down.

Threatening violence is verboten, but shooting deer, elk and hogs on tv is just grand sport!!! "Meat Eater", while not seen by libs, is on tv, like Hannity.

Owning ANY firearms itself, is like owning thermo nuclear devices, as far as the libs are concerned. We must fight to keep EBR's, and the rest of the 350 million arms out there.

They Fed libs cannot send in office workers from the Dept of Agriculture or Dept of Education, or Dept of State to arrest you right now, for voting for Trump.

As it stands in the PRONY, The Gov says "that you do not need ten bullets to kill a deer."

Deer Hunters continue to be the largest threat to a civil liberal society, and that body of gun owners in NYS, kill deer, bear, birds, hogs, coyotes and rabbits and wear camoflage clothing.

Sniper rifles, shotguns, camo and knives, are definite visible threats to the peace of mind, of those bantu top knot wearing, deer and cat lovers.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2019, 18:31   #21
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
Yeah well......he had the chance to say something profound, something that impressed, but alas no, he just makes threats.

God forbid a gun owner from acting like he has a brain.
political speech about public policy is a protected right. red flag laws are really all about quashing protected speech.

Old December 01, 2019, 18:35   #22
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
No, I'm not wrong. He said he formulated a plan to kill people belonging to a group he doesn't like, and the trigger he is waiting for is for an antifa punk to kill someone in his group. I'm curious if he would only be going after the infividual that would responsible, or just killing at random.

I'm curious as to what makes him any better than antifa.
Well was he physically attacking people ?

for example is it unlawful for me to state that if Antifa surround my car and start beating on it with bats & chains I will run them over and hope to kill them dead ?

Should my cars now be seized ?

just asking to see how insane you actually are RSU

How about ISIS nutters or cartel shooters ?
or is it just that you have a soft spot for Progressive militants...
as you referred to them, "political opponents"
my lord

these are not political opponents
they are common criminals that are just out there to cause carnage
I wager that like BLM a good share have ever even voted
it's all about the Wilding aspect
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2019, 19:15   #23
Right Side Up
Registered

I haven't responded to an idiot on the internet so I'll do it now and get it out of my system.

Saying that you'll defend yourself against an attack goes without saying. Saying that you have a plan in place to lots of Antifa members means something else. Innocent people will get harmed. The law didn't need a red flag law to take this guy into custody and hold him for mental evaluation.
Old December 01, 2019, 20:34   #24
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
The law didn't need a red flag law to take this guy into custody and hold him for mental evaluation.
not in oregon. you note that this is only happening in places that have leftist administrations that are fostering insurrection.

there was no specific credible threat in this case, as such has been traditionally defined.

what we are seeing is an expansion of definition for political purpose by a leftist administration that is designed to quash political speech. stating that you will kill an enemy that is engaging in a state of political warfare is political speech, so a protected expression in any rational sense and state.

this is an attempt to control political expression in the same vein as "hate speech" laws in EU controlled countries. it is all about keeping people from inspiring others to hold their governments accountable for damage caused by public policy that is not in the best interest of the general population.

Old December 01, 2019, 21:06   #25
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I haven't responded to an idiot on the internet so I'll do it now and get it out of my system.

Saying that you'll defend yourself against an attack goes without saying. Saying that you have a plan in place to lots of Antifa members means something else. Innocent people will get harmed. The law didn't need a red flag law to take this guy into custody and hold him for mental evaluation.
Well IF I were to lay rubber when surround by a crowd likely that invariably "innocents" will end up under my wheels

It's already happened twice
once was the Charleston clown but before that it occurred in Reno

So-called Water Protectors were blocking a major street
Some wimmins were in front of a pickup when other anarchists started punching the driver and passenger though open windows
Driver punched it, one old hippie broad went right under the pickup, broken bones etc RSU
all caught on video

Guess what ?
Guys in the truck were not charged, your "political opponent" types were though

Sure, I have a plan in these situations...to run them the hell over if they are blocking streets without permit and pose any manner of threat
I don't give a hoot who knows it, the more the better

In my opinion it's tragic and comical that you support Portlandia idiocracy or perhaps that was just a classic Freudian Slip regarding your real agenda

during the DAPL protests you should have heard what folks were telling the cameras up here. Many locals straight stated on TV that if they caught anyone sabotaging gas pipelines they would shoot to kill.

No Natural Gas means folks freeze to death in most towns in MN and yes, prior to that your "political opponents" were attacking local infrastructure
No one raided them, stuck them in some safe space for evaluation because EVERONE felt exactly the same way

didja' know a few DAPL cretins ended up gun shot ?
Stealing ranch Cattle will get you that way
no charges ever filed

Saying it's purely situational
you want to defend how Portland protects violent Anarchists have at it brother. Heck move on out there why don't you
You likely wouldn't make it very long where free folks still live is all I'm saying

btw: are you saying there are "innocent" Antifa out there ?
seems so...
isn't that about like "innocent" ISIS ?
Old December 01, 2019, 21:27   #26
Right Side Up
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post

btw: are you saying there are "innocent" Antifa out there ?
seems so...
isn't that about like "innocent" ISIS ?
If an American, antifa or otherwise, attends a protest and does not harm anyone they cannot be harmed either. Its called free speech, and freedom. If you stand outside the mayors house and convey your plan to kill people you WILL get arrested. Get over it. Really want to show me you care about the dumbass? Show me a cancekked check where contributed to his legal fund. Bigmouth.
Old December 01, 2019, 21:28   #27
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
From what I have seen, if you make a threat and have the tools to carry it out, you have a problem.

If you say, for example that you are going to kill anybody, and have firearms, you will probably have a nice vacation at the gray bar hotel.

But if you say you are going to shoot somebody but don't have any firearms, you might avoid needing to leave your house.

Our culture is changing and leaving us old relics behind.
I always has been “if you say you’re going to shoot someone, and lo and behold, he winds up shot and killed, you’re numero uno suspect”.
Old December 01, 2019, 21:51   #28
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
If an American, antifa or otherwise, attends a protest and does not harm anyone they cannot be harmed either. Its called free speech, and freedom. If you stand outside the mayors house and convey your plan to kill people you WILL get arrested. Get over it. Really want to show me you care about the dumbass? Show me a cancekked check where contributed to his legal fund. Bigmouth.
nope, not quite
Our Nation has a long and checkered history of jailing folks over your "Free Speech"

Lincoln incarcerated thousands
Woodrow Wilson many Hundreds
FDR did it
We did it again during the 50s

Okay RSU, what we have right now are very loosely organized cells of radicalized Americans
They are calling for a new order of things and openly stating that will take what you own. No color of law fiction, they advocate pure Revolution

They often go about in armed and masked gangs of marauders
I have no issues with people protesting
that's not what Portland Antifa does

Try walking into a rally of theirs sporting a Trump 2020 T shirt and get back to us about all these innocent political opponents just using their Freedom of Speech after they tear you up and spit you out

They are TERRORISTS
that's the difference

RSU without a clue
Old December 01, 2019, 21:58   #29
Right Side Up
Registered

I dont know what you're afraid of. Each antifa member has one vote at the voting booth. No more real power than you, me, or anyone else. Go check your closet for a boogeyman.
Old December 01, 2019, 23:27   #30
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I dont know what you're afraid of. Each antifa member has one vote at the voting booth. No more real power than you, me, or anyone else. Go check your closet for a boogeyman.
same can be said of the BLM people who burned Ferguson and Baltimore

and BLM is a totally legitimate group compared to ANTiFA
Old December 02, 2019, 00:58   #31
Right Side Up
Registered

My recommendation for anyone living in Ferguson and Baltimore is to move.
Old December 02, 2019, 07:59   #32
Romul
Banned - Nigerian IP address

FALaholic #: 82193
Quote:
My recommendation for anyone living in Ferguson and Baltimore is to move.
We are running out of places to move, what about people who just recently moved there, What happens to them ? I am sick and their of this shit. What have we done to these people.

Last edited by Romul; December 02, 2019 at 11:54.
Romul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2019, 11:38   #33
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romul View Post
I am sick and their of this shit. What have we done to these people.
leftists have pandered to them for decades to secure their votes, and have, in the process, created a hostile dependent that will not be sated. it is a monster of their creation. don't worry, it will eventually turn against them.

Old December 02, 2019, 11:58   #34
Romul
Banned - Nigerian IP address

FALaholic #: 82193
Quote:
leftists have pandered to them for decades to secure their votes, and have, in the process, created a hostile dependent that will not be sated. it is a monster of their creation. don't worry, it will eventually turn against them.
So we have to seat, wait and watch ? our founding father were the smartest men that ever walked this earth. they saw all this coming. We loose everything if we loos the second Amendment. they want the migration issue to remain worse this week keep the US in debts and over population. this will have us eating all we work for with nothing left for the future. i wonder why AOC can't realize that.
Romul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2019, 12:54   #35
Bug Tussell
Registered

FALaholic #: 2872
Seize the guns first, then due process later. Fuk you Donald for endorsing such a thing.
Old December 02, 2019, 14:29   #36
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Tussell View Post
Seize the guns first, then due process later. Fuk you Donald for endorsing such a thing.
exactly the point.

the intent and purpose of red flag no due process confiscation is to get the guns ,
to get the guns outside of law,
to get the guns under mere color of law,

to get the guns by any means.

the intent and purpose of red flag no due process confiscation is not to worry about due process rights,
not at all,
due process is not a consideration.

the consequence of that intent and purpose
is that the one and only metric for "success" of red flag is the number of guns confiscated: the more confiscations, the better it is working.

that is a feature, not a bug,

and that feature is why red flag crosses the red line that separates government subject to our bill of rights, and lawless tyranny.
Old December 03, 2019, 18:25   #37
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
exactly the point.

the intent and purpose of red flag no due process confiscation is to get the guns ,
red flag crosses the red line that separates government subject to our bill of rights, and lawless tyranny.
it is also to quash speech about guns, to "de-normalize" the "gun cuture", which intent of quashing is getting people to abandon the fun culture, and shrink it by attrition.