The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Shotgun Files

Notices

Old November 21, 2019, 21:56   #1
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Stoeger M3000, $400

On sale with rebate at Bass Pro. Got one for same price a couple years ago. Theyre no Benelli but still a heck of a shotgun for $400. I recall mine had some issue where hammer would hang on disconnector hook occasionally. Easy fix. Mag tube wasnt all that tight in receiver so I glued it in with sleeve loctite with primer since loctite doesnt activate on aluminum. Action on mine is slick as snot. Runs like raped ape, even on cheap ammo, though some report otherwise with walmart federal target loads. I did slick mine up a bit but I dont think it was necessary.
ByronF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2019, 22:06   #2
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Got a 2000 and 5 3000 a few years ago. Gave away four to nephews for Christmas and they slay many ducks and Canadians (geese that is). Kept a 2000 (wood stock) and 3000 for myself. Great shotguns and as good as the parent company's (Benelli) gun in my opinion. Keep thinking I should have gotten a couple more when the prices were just over a couple hundred bucks.
Old November 27, 2019, 19:40   #3
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Full disclosure. I did some things to mine to improve it. If you are a person who hates having to understand a trigger group to solve a hung up hammer then you might be disappointed. I enjoy figuring out minor QC issues that can be easily solved. For $400 I got $100 worth of therapy.
ByronF is offline   Reply With Quote