The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The SIG Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 06, 2020, 09:48   #1
BamaFal
Senior Member
Silver Contributor
 
BamaFal's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5018
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 506
Sig AMT for sale - not mine

As stated not mine, I know only that it is listed over at ar15. I wanted to post in case some of you might be interested.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipmen...51/93-1956504/

https://imgur.com/Laaot3K[/URL]
__________________
"We Shall Endeavor To Persevere" Chief Dan George

NRA Life Member
BamaFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 12:39   #2
pmf
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 2923
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,010
OK, so explain the $7800 cool factor. Doesn't look a whole hell of a lot different than a FAL. I'm guessing mags aren't plentiful.
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 16:58   #3
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 17,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
OK, so explain the $7800 cool factor. Doesn't look a whole hell of a lot different than a FAL. I'm guessing mags aren't plentiful.
The original SIG 510-4 mags are not plentiful, but the rifle will take (and work) with the Swiss StGw-57 24 rd mags, and they are easier to find...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2020, 17:02   #4
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 17,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
OK, so explain the $7800 cool factor. Doesn't look a whole hell of a lot different than a FAL. I'm guessing mags aren't plentiful.
By the way, I not sure what you mean by 'doesn't look a whole lot different than a FAL.'

You mean other than the retarded blow-back (roller locked) action with the fluted chamber and all?

It is a semi-auto rifle that shoots 7.62x51mm ammo, so that's the same...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 04:27   #5
parallaxbill
Prototype machinist
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 26251
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,051
I still regret not buying one in the 70's when I couldn't afford one while they were still being imported. $700+ was a lot of money for those, just as $7,000+ is now.

I think they were the most interesting and well made semi-auto rifles that could or can be found. They have a huge "Cool" factor.
__________________
ParallaxBill

Best Drop 8 time, 9.41, 8 for 8
6.5 Grendel AR15
parallaxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 15:07   #6
pmf
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 2923
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by parallaxbill View Post
I still regret not buying one in the 70's when I couldn't afford one while they were still being imported. $700+ was a lot of money for those, just as $7,000+ is now.

I think they were the most interesting and well made semi-auto rifles that could or can be found. They have a huge "Cool" factor.
That's about $3500 in today's money. I guess the other $4000 can be chocked up to scarcity.
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 20:35   #7
AGG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27127
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,101
Low production numbers + low U.S. importation = collectibility--- and just the 20-round magazines are @ $300.00--- 5- and 10-round magazines even more!!!

Tony
AGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 21:01   #8
Combloc
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 55596
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,044
The 510 is easily the finest rifle I own. Those who don't understand the allure have never experienced one.







__________________
I ain't too bright!
Forums are for furthering knowledge, not bragging about what you've got.
Combloc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 21:12   #9
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
VALMET's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1826
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 3,382
Nice guns, as usual combloc. I had an unfired one (a later Sigarms import) that I sold to fund a move back in 2009 (IIRC I got $6k for it then). Unbelievably well-built rifle. A friend of mine has the only NIB one I’ve ever seen.
__________________
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is a symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell, 1940.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2020, 17:19   #10
JebB
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 78782
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Free America
Posts: 17
I sold my AMT 2 years ago for $6500 IRC. Both it and the PE57 are the finest guns I've owned. Whatever price you have to pay to get one is worth it.
JebB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 11:20   #11
AGG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27127
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Nice guns, as usual combloc. I had an unfired one (a later Sigarms import) that I sold to fund a move back in 2009 (IIRC I got $6k for it then). Unbelievably well-built rifle. A friend of mine has the only NIB one I’ve ever seen.
Am I not your friend???
Oh--- seen.

Tony
AGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 11:24   #12
AGG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27127
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
The original SIG 510-4 mags are not plentiful, but the rifle will take (and work) with the Swiss StGw-57 24 rd mags, and they are easier to find...

Forrest
The early SIG PE57 magazines with steel followers (aluminum alloy v. later milledswirlson the magazine body with plastic followers) are compatible with the SIG AMT!!!

Tony
AGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2020, 21:04   #13
Near Sighted Sniper
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 536
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Phila,Pa
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combloc View Post

Now THAT my friend is a BEAUTIFUL pic!!!
One day I will buy a ZFK 55.
__________________
Originally said by hkshooter…
"Youth has it's advantages but having money isn't usually one of them."

Anonymous
The FAL is not a "platform".
It is a lady-lookin' foreign made collection of sexy Belgian curves that intimidates the shit out of today's Pajama-boy males.

It's not an Assault Rifle, it a Sport Utility Rifle.
Near Sighted Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2020, 11:03   #14
gopguy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 18484
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
OK, so explain the $7800 cool factor. Doesn't look a whole hell of a lot different than a FAL. I'm guessing mags aren't plentiful.
Much as I love the FAL its a completely different animal from the SIG AMT. The AMT is a civilian version of the SIG 510, you rarely encounter them in a shop or at a show. I bought mine nearly 30 years ago and paid $1500. A lot of money at the time but I am delighted I bit the bullet and took the flak from the wife for buying it. As mentioned elsewhere the StGw-57 mags work, but are too long for use with the AMT bipod... but I rarely fire this rare beast these days. When I got mine the barrel was bare threads, so I put a G3 flash hider on it. Works well enough.

gopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2020, 12:08   #15
AGG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27127
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopguy View Post
Much as I love the FAL its a completely different animal from the SIG AMT. The AMT is a civilian version of the SIG 510, you rarely encounter them in a shop or at a show. I bought mine nearly 30 years ago and paid $1500. A lot of money at the time but I am delighted I bit the bullet and took the flak from the wife for buying it. As mentioned elsewhere the StGw-57 mags work, but are too long for use with the AMT bipod... but I rarely fire this rare beast these days. When I got mine the barrel was bare threads, so I put a G3 flash hider on it. Works well enough.

Most excellent!!!

Tony
AGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2020, 13:23   #16
gopguy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 18484
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 57
Thanks Tony. This must have come in pre 1968, no import stamp on her.
gopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2020, 10:46   #17
AGG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27127
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopguy View Post
Thanks Tony. This must have come in pre 1968, no import stamp on her.
Probably not, as they were first manufactured in 1969--- likely a bringback of some type!!!

Tony
AGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2020, 08:13   #18
gopguy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 18484
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 57
Must have been.
gopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files