The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 04, 2019, 13:26   #151
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 16,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Activist judges can be impeached just like Presidents.
What planet are you living on...?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 13:27   #152
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 21,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Activist judges can be impeached just like Presidents.
By the swamp? Its my opinion that the swamp won't ever impeach a justice of the Supreme Court. They are hand picked to be just what the swamp wants and only the swamp has the power to remove them.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 13:28   #153
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 21,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
What planet are you living on...?

Forrest
Texas.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 14:41   #154
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas on the Brazos
Posts: 26,783
Wise the Phuck up,,, 14 federal judges were impeached in our history,,, 7 were removed from office by the Senate.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 14:53   #155
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,742
Yes....butt.....That’s what they are there for regardless of the other stuff. We all know conservatives always appoint Rinos?



Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
The SC is about the most "political" body of nine people,,ever sat onto a court bench.

The SC is made up of people,,selected from the lower courts,,,all of which came out of liberal progressive schools,,,

That some few of them,,,still hold views we agree with,,is still a dangerous situation for one and all.

The 2nd amendment is about as simple a statement as ever written.

The background discussions,,,which took place before it was included in the BOR's is about as simple a founding document ever written.

Having ANY judge,,,interpret the Second Amendment,,,is a Rx for disaster.

I hold,,,that the 2nd Amendment,,,is the exact same as,,,the sun simply rises in the east,,,in our country,,and is never open to interpretation or further discussion by anyone.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 14:58   #156
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
...
I hold,,,that the 2nd Amendment,,,is the exact same as,,,the sun simply rises in the east,,,in our country,,and is never open to interpretation or further discussion by anyone.
It was worded in such a manner so as to preclude any effort at 'interpretation', and to render such efforts ridiculous on the face of it. One sentence, '... shall not be infringed'. No 'subject to' clause, no 'unless incovenient', just 'shall not be infringed.' with an ending period.

Still asshats will try to call a pig an eagle if they can sell tickets. Won't make it fly though.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 15:13   #157
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas on the Brazos
Posts: 26,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
Yes....butt.....That’s what they are there for regardless of the other stuff. We all know conservatives always appoint Rhinos?
Is that any thing like electing a Rhino President,,, soon to be twice?
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 15:15   #158
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 21,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Wise the Phuck up,,, 14 federal judges were impeached in our history,,, 7 were removed from office by the Senate.
"In 1804, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to impeach Associate Justice Samuel Chase. A signer of the Declaration of Independence, Chase was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court by President George Washington in 1796. A Federalist, Chase irked Thomas Jefferson and his Republican allies in Congress, and was impeached on politically motivated charges of acting in a partisan manner during several trials. However, in 1805 Chase was acquitted by the Senate, a decision that helped safeguard the independence of the judiciary. He served on the court until his death in 1811"

"In 1969, Abe Fortas became the first—and, to date, only—Supreme Court justice to resign under the threat of impeachment. Named to the court by President Lyndon Johnson in 1965, Fortas was forced to step down due to financial improprieties that involved him agreeing to act as a paid consultant to the family foundation of a man under investigation for securities fraud."
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 17:04   #159
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Wise the Phuck up,,, 14 federal judges were impeached in our history,,, 7 were removed from office by the Senate.
Out of how many tens of thousands sitting on the bench,,,over the past 240 plus years??????

Out of the actual seven removed,,,how many won back their seats on appeal?????

To,,,another damned court.

As for electing a RINO to president,,,,,,,yea well,,,,,as far as him being a rino,,,,he's been a damned effective rino,,,,just saying,,,or would you rather have hillery clinton in office today??????????????
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 17:14   #160
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
It was worded in such a manner so as to preclude any effort at 'interpretation', and to render such efforts ridiculous on the face of it. One sentence, '... shall not be infringed'. No 'subject to' clause, no 'unless incovenient', just 'shall not be infringed.' with an ending period.

Still asshats will try to call a pig an eagle if they can sell tickets. Won't make it fly though.
I've always wrote off crazy shit ranting politicians,,,as just the cost of having these ass wipes in office,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but today,,,,,,,,,,watching parts of the so called "hearings",,,,,,,,,, this shit has gotten serious.

Using the courts,,,,,to go after anyone,,,on presumptions,,,feelings,etc,,,with zero evidence of wrong doing,,,,,,because they,,,someone dislikes the outcome of an election,,,,,,,,,this is getting real,,,and extremely dangerous.

VA is not trying to ban weapons based upon facts,,,AR's simply are not used to murder people,,,all of this crap is based upon "feelings" at best,,,and a simple "power grab",,at worst,,,to remove the means for citizens of VA to fight back at the planned for socialist takeover of this once great state of VA.

VA is simply the opening shot,,,at birth till death,,, TOTAL and complete control over the citizens of this great nation.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 17:49   #161
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I've always wrote off crazy shit ranting politicians,,,as just the cost of having these ass wipes in office,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but today,,,,,,,,,,watching parts of the so called "hearings",,,,,,,,,, this shit has gotten serious.

Using the courts,,,,,to go after anyone,,,on presumptions,,,feelings,etc,,,with zero evidence of wrong doing,,,,,,because they,,,someone dislikes the outcome of an election,,,,,,,,,this is getting real,,,and extremely dangerous.

VA is not trying to ban weapons based upon facts,,,AR's simply are not used to murder people,,,all of this crap is based upon "feelings" at best,,,and a simple "power grab",,at worst,,,to remove the means for citizens of VA to fight back at the planned for socialist takeover of this once great state of VA.

VA is simply the opening shot,,,at birth till death,,, TOTAL and complete control over the citizens of this great nation.
Whether it is the opening shot or not will probably be a hot topic of debate long after you and I are gone. One thing is for sure though, it's the shot we're dealing with right now.

Like all important events what's ahead won't be easily reducible to the simple 'this caused that' sort of analysis the pointy heads like, real root causes are as complex and difficult to analyze as the folks living it. Which really is distressing because what that implies is there ain't no silver bullet, no magic button that can affect the course of events. Which is why it, to me at least, has the feel of watching a train wreck in slow motion. It's obvious what's about to happen, it ought to be easily avoided, but somehow despite all the arm waving and gnashing of teeth it never is.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 17:57   #162
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 21,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Whether it is the opening shot or not will probably be a hot topic of debate long after you and I are gone. One thing is for sure though, it's the shot we're dealing with right now.

Like all important events what's ahead won't be easily reducible to the simple 'this caused that' sort of analysis the pointy heads like, real root causes are as complex and difficult to analyze as the folks living it. Which really is distressing because what that implies is there ain't no silver bullet, no magic button that can affect the course of events. Which is why it, to me at least, has the feel of watching a train wreck in slow motion. It's obvious what's about to happen, it ought to be easily avoided, but somehow despite all the arm waving and gnashing of teeth it never is.
I have been hearing a great deal that brings on a lot of thought. The real root cause isn't complex or difficult, it's just folks won't open their eyes past an event. It's tunnel vision because people don't put together all that is happening along with the event. Folks are more likely to worry about what's for dinner tonight than they are what's comming a year from now.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 18:11   #163
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Whether it is the opening shot or not will probably be a hot topic of debate long after you and I are gone. One thing is for sure though, it's the shot we're dealing with right now.

Like all important events what's ahead won't be easily reducible to the simple 'this caused that' sort of analysis the pointy heads like, real root causes are as complex and difficult to analyze as the folks living it. Which really is distressing because what that implies is there ain't no silver bullet, no magic button that can affect the course of events. Which is why it, to me at least, has the feel of watching a train wreck in slow motion. It's obvious what's about to happen, it ought to be easily avoided, but somehow despite all the arm waving and gnashing of teeth it never is.
All wars begin with a single round being fired,,,,this appears to be the very first round fired,,,in that,,,the rule of basic law/decency has been flung into the mud,,, without anyone even trying to hide the fact.0

The world seems to drink the Cool-aide every now and then,,,,and we're no longer immune.

Events will begin to spiral out of all control now,,,,insanity is about to rule once more.

Written a long time ago,,,true before and will be true long after the upcoming events of today,, are laid bare at the feet of history.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 19:42   #164
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,742
I’ve always said we are basically 2 generations behind the British politically.
Them and the Euro have all but bought the lie hook line and sinker that they
are safer without the need to bear arms. We are watching the second generation behind the millenials brainwashed into believing this gun grab bullshit is the way to go.....the next generation will not be interested in guns and they'll blame us for any damage that occurs during the ensuing civil war.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
All wars begin with a single round being fired,,,,this appears to be the very first round fired,,,in that,,,the rule of basic law/decency has been flung into the mud,,, without anyone even trying to hide the fact.0

The world seems to drink the Cool-aide every now and then,,,,and we're no longer immune.

Events will begin to spiral out of all control now,,,,insanity is about to rule once more.

Written a long time ago,,,true before and will be true long after the upcoming events of today,, are laid bare at the feet of history.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 23:10   #165
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
I’ve always said we are basically 2 generations behind the British politically.
Them and the Euro have all but bought the lie hook line and sinker that they
are safer without the need to bear arms. We are watching the second generation behind the millenials brainwashed into believing this gun grab bullshit is the way to go.....the next generation will not be interested in guns and they'll blame us for any damage that occurs during the ensuing civil war.....
I'm at the point now,,,,no longer being polite to these liberal pos types,,,if they want my firearms/my freedoms,,,then hell,,,just take their best shot and be done with it.

And like millions of others,,,,I don;t need any para-military training,,some Ben Gay,,,and a huge dose or two of Geritol,,,but no extra training required.LOL
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2019, 23:13   #166
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 20,628
Thinking on it,,,,forget the Geritol,,,,just a good stiff hit or two of fine 25 yr old scotch,,,ready to go.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2019, 12:18   #167
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 63101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 5,913
Thats funny, it makes one imagine who is leading who by the nose, then? For the Brits to be so far 'ahead' of the times - maybe some ideology is guiding the Us's - one wonders! The rise and fall of empires - is guided by debt! Quid pro Quo!
__________________
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled!" -- Mark Twain

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2019, 12:26   #168
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
...Like all important events what's ahead won't be easily reducible to the simple 'this caused that' sort of analysis ...
malice, because revenge.

there is your lowest common denominator.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files