The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old December 30, 2016, 14:44   #1
unionguy
Registered

FALaholic #: 36394
Pandemic threat is real

Not just Bill Gates, we are overdue by historical standards.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7501536.html
unionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2016, 15:05   #2
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Gates is a compete ass, but like a broken clock, both are right a couple times a day.

Food, water, and maintain a 300 foot ZERO contact rule until it runs its course.
No warm host, no virus.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2016, 15:54   #3
rowjimmy
Registered
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
At least he has no vested interest in vaccines:

http://www.gavi.org/funding/donor-profiles/bmgf/

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2013/06/07...-philanthropy/
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2016, 17:36   #4
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

You noticed I did not mention vaccines, as in taking them when a pandemic hits???

Vaccines or pandemic?????

Mother nature has a much better way to handle this shit than gates and crew.

Old December 30, 2016, 22:54   #5
rowjimmy
Registered
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
You noticed I did not mention vaccines, as in taking them when a pandemic hits???

Vaccines or pandemic?????

Mother nature has a much better way to handle this shit than gates and crew.
I was commenting on the article, not your reply.
Old December 30, 2016, 22:23   #6
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Statistical certainty it'll happen.... sooner or later.
Old December 30, 2016, 22:59   #7
rowjimmy
Registered
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Statistical certainty it'll happen.... sooner or later.
Yep, it's when, not if.

I got the flu last year. i thought it was a bad cold as I had no fever. Then I read that the flu doesn't necessarily cause a fever. I went to work and went on with my life. Luckily I don't think I got anyone else sick, but I always try to take precautions, even when only sick with a cold. I think I would have taken the time off had I known it was the flu.
Old December 30, 2016, 22:56   #8
rowjimmy
Registered
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Vaccines are good to keep up with, ... just before Thanksgiving to boost the immune system still caught a strain that was not covered in the inoculations. There are so many strains of flu and so many new mutating that there is no way to guarantee not catching one, especially the nasty types. .....
I think you refuted your own supposition.
Old December 31, 2016, 18:25   #9
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
pandamammic schmandoramic - i ain't worried. more than likely to be killed by a drunk driver or lightning.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 07:21   #10
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Volunteer grave diggers: Canadian government asks funeral homes to prep for pandemic

While Canadian health officials have extensive plans to ensure people survive a future influenza pandemic, they’ve also made macabre recommendations for the nation’s funeral homes for those who don’t.

“In a pandemic, each individual funeral home could expect to handle about six months work within a six- to eight-week period,” the Public Health Agency of Canada warns on a web page about the management of mass fatalities during a pandemic flu.

Storage space for corpses could also be a problem, the agency notes, and it says refrigerated trucks or ice rinks could be pressed into service if needed.

Continued: https://globalnews.ca/news/3652652/c...-funeral-home/
Old October 15, 2017, 10:21   #11
rowjimmy
Registered
Gold Contributor

This is tangential to the topic, but of note:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...andoned-russia
Old October 15, 2017, 12:22   #12
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Volunteer grave diggers: Canadian government asks funeral homes to prep for pandemic

While Canadian health officials have extensive plans to ensure people survive a future influenza pandemic, they’ve also made macabre recommendations for the nation’s funeral homes for those who don’t.

“In a pandemic, each individual funeral home could expect to handle about six months work within a six- to eight-week period,” the Public Health Agency of Canada warns on a web page about the management of mass fatalities during a pandemic flu.

Storage space for corpses could also be a problem, the agency notes, and it says refrigerated trucks or ice rinks could be pressed into service if needed.

Continued: https://globalnews.ca/news/3652652/c...-funeral-home/
Seems like a lot of countries are making plans for mass deaths for some as yet non made public reasons.

The report above, states bodies are not contagious from simple flu, which is correct, but with a huge number of deaths, how do you really know if the bug is natural or man made and not designed to remain active in a dead host for some period of time to keep infecting anyone that comes into contact with it.

Some mass death event takes place, forgo all normal burial practices, dig a deep pit, toss in the dead, add fuel, burn, then bury, cover pit.
Deep pit, 20 to 30 bodies needs about 5 gallons of diesel fuel to get them burning.
Logs, tree limbs, anything else ya can get hold too, on top, will help render the bodies down to bones.
Stack all the dead bodies into one house, burn the house down on top of them, should work, be hot enough.
Human bodies will burn, you just got to get them hot enough to start.

Tough times, requires tough actions.

300 yards and zero outside contact allowed once you decide to lock down.

They make horror movies about this shit because it is horrible.

Old October 16, 2017, 12:12   #13
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
(Trim)
Stack all the dead bodies into one house, burn the house down on top of them, should work, be hot enough.

They make horror movies about this shit because it is horrible.
Don't want to be outside long enough to dig big hole of multiple small holes. Gathering sticks nor such either and diesel fuel will be to valuable to waste. With say just a 50% mortality rate if use 10% of structures as incinerators will still be plenty of infrastructure left as planet repopulates.

Unfortunately majority of re-population is most likely to occur in area whatever virus causing near species extinction occurs. If that is Africa where they have proven unable to rise above tribal lifestyle that dates back thousands of years only with Ak's and cell phones instead of spears and drums they will want to take their mental malfunction ways to greener grass. Asians will do the same and both live in either mud huts with grass roofs or paper houses with bamboo roofs. The under 35 millennial breeding stock of United States and Western Europe wont be able to hook up without smart phones and dating Apps. Asian and African populations will grow and move throughout Europe and South/Central American will re-populate and move into U.S.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2017, 14:13   #14
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Huey, I really don't expect to be around long enough to worry about any re-population which takes place, but,,,, if I am, I will rise up and do my part to help out a little.

Old October 17, 2017, 13:39   #15
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Be better to have the Silent Generation (Greatest Generation) and early to mid Baby Boomers spawning genetic material than these Gen Y and Gen Z kids. A few Millennial's with sense but most will die within 72 hours of their I Phones going kaput as can't wipe their @$$ without doing a Google search. So stick around, keep your old self in the game and remember that just a few years ago in the grand scheme of human existence that men took females in the 14 to 16 year old range as wives and started spitting out a fresh farm hand every 12 to 15 months till had to get a new one because the first one was weak and died spitting out farm hands. Helped keep the gene pool strong.

Plus the added benefit that 14 year old girls can fight off Navy SEAL's with 10/22's so you night need a harem. May even live long enough to pass some real skills down to your first new run of offspring. I chose not to have kids (greedy and wanted to go climb mountains and buy toys for myself instead of modern kids you can't legally give a spanking) but if world goes sideways and needs repopulating will do my best if find some young females needing some genetic material from someone that no matter what keeps getting up from every significant injury or illness and gets back in the game. Its the least I can do.

Why am building the apartment downstairs to code with sound and fire proof insulation between it and rest of house. Telling wife its a place for our future caregiver to live but may need it for raising post SHTF family and the noise not disturbing the wife. She doesn't need to hear crying babies and the sounds of making more. Glad my wife has a sense of humor if she reads this...
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote