Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Optics

Notices

Old October 17, 2019, 09:55   #1
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82779
Wtk value of old school fal scope

Morning, this came off a rifle I just purchased. It was damaged in the transfer and I need to know value for the claim.

The front tube got bent on the edge. I know nothing about these unfortunately.

Is it worth even doing a claim on?

Old October 17, 2019, 10:43   #2
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
As long as enough insurance was purchased before it shipped, yes, it's worth filing a claim. See if the seller has pics from before it was shipped. As to value, it's a collectable, so check the Google custom search falfiles for most recent valuations. Try ebay as well, you may fing one that sold for a lot. You'll need to proove the value before they'll pay for it.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 10:48   #3
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
$600-$800.

The shipper will fight claiming improper packaging. If this was shipped on a rifle and not in some tough case, I would concur. Was something else inside the container or did something penetrate it?
Old October 17, 2019, 14:55   #4
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
As long as enough insurance was purchased before it shipped, yes, it's worth filing a claim. See if the seller has pics from before it was shipped. As to value, it's a collectable, so check the Google custom search falfiles for most recent valuations. Try ebay as well, you may fing one that sold for a lot. You'll need to proove the value before they'll pay for it.

Thank you sir. He does have pics of it before showing it wasnít damaged. Do you know the model description of this optic?

Thanks man. God I love this place.
Old October 17, 2019, 15:16   #5
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog View Post
$600-$800.

The shipper will fight claiming improper packaging. If this was shipped on a rifle and not in some tough case, I would concur. Was something else inside the container or did something penetrate it?
It was the most amateur shipping- wrap job Iíve ever seen. There is a gouge on the package with the gouge going inward. Iím not a package damage expert but in my opinion, it obviously hit something with enough force to cause the tear.

The shipper claims they donít ship boxes with holes in them so...

It was wrapped separately from the rifle in thin bubble wrap within the same box.

P.s my wife wonít buy gun stuff for me but she loves books. Guess what Iím getting for Xmas?
Old October 17, 2019, 15:23   #6
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
That appears to be a ZF-24 model scope.
mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 16:12   #7
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Bummer, but like you said, it wasn't packaged well. I'd still file the claim. I have $1.75M of product drop shipped every year for my customers. Shit happens. I have had customers receive stuff damaged that was sent by their shipping freight courier who would try to come back on me. Sometimes I had to eat it because boxes were hanging over the pallet, etc.

I would think anybody with any sense would be extra vigilant in packing for a $500 optic. It's not ruined, but still would be pissed

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 19:08   #8
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp View Post
Thanks boss!
Old October 17, 2019, 19:11   #9
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Bummer, but like you said, it wasn't packaged well. I'd still file the claim. I have $1.75M of product drop shipped every year for my customers. Shit happens. I have had customers receive stuff damaged that was sent by their shipping freight courier who would try to come back on me. Sometimes I had to eat it because boxes were hanging over the pallet, etc.

I would think anybody with any sense would be extra vigilant in packing for a $500 optic. It's not ruined, but still would be pissed
Totally agree. It was a nice added bonus getting it with the rifle so this sucks.

The moment my ffl walked out with it and I saw the way it was packaged I was super pissed. Spend the 15 extra bucks on packaging right?

I hear you though. We ship tons of product just out of our warehouse and we see all kinds of stuff that gets damaged. Like you said shit happens.
Old October 17, 2019, 19:16   #10
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3008 View Post
Totally agree. It was a nice added bonus getting it with the rifle so this sucks.

The moment my ffl walked out with it and I saw the way it was packaged I was super pissed. Spend the 15 extra bucks on packaging right?

I hear you though. We ship tons of product just out of our warehouse and we see all kinds of stuff that gets damaged. Like you said shit happens.
Nice glass. Sometimes shit is too good to be true in this game It's still pretty cool in spite of the life it has lived

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 22:40   #11
TraFALgar
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp View Post
Actually, that is a Hensoldt FERO-Z24 Model 3.

See HK G3 Hensoldt scopes for more info.

If the front lens isn't cracked or chipped and if the image is still clear when viewed thru the scope, it might be worthwhile to have an optic / camera repair shop (do they still exist?) try to repair the dented tube. It is a high quality scope and a valuable collectible.
TraFALgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2019, 03:38   #12
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraFALgar View Post
Actually, that is a Hensoldt FERO-Z24 Model 3.

See HK G3 Hensoldt scopes for more info.

If the front lens isn't cracked or chipped and if the image is still clear when viewed thru the scope, it might be worthwhile to have an optic / camera repair shop (do they still exist?) try to repair the dented tube. It is a high quality scope and a valuable collectible.
Thanks man. The lens isnít cracked so thatís good! Iíll do a google search for a camera shop. It has a cool reticle. I actually really like it.