The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 85 40.09%
I ordered, and received product timely 59 27.83%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 10 4.72%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 42 19.81%
I just like stirring shit 13 6.13%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.42%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 16, 2020, 18:02   #751
DSARMS_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 63362
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMoose View Post
I’ve actually got to agree with this, having worked with old school Tool and Die makers and press shops out of high school and Transitioning into CNC stuff later on some things just don’t translate, or it’s overall more economical to redesign the entire system...then it’s FAL version 2.0 which is not the customer base
Yes very true. We looked into 2.0 and the market just isnt there.
Old March 17, 2020, 00:10   #752
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSARMS_REP View Post
Copy? We have a different body a different material, a different follower and our cuts are different.

By your flawed logic both moses and dsa copied thermold
The hell you say:

https://www.falfiles.com/forums/show...1&postcount=18

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Steve I am pretty sure he is talking about the new DSA polymer mag (design apparently inspired by much of the design incorporated in my Moses mags except for the looks of the sides)

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2020, 07:49   #753
DSARMS_REP
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
SO FALSE

Besides the obvious differences in the mag body.

The inside ribbing/guides and our followers are completely and the followers wont interchange at all. The floorplate on ours is straight from an l1a1. The front beek/catch on ours is way different than the moses. The feed lip profiles are also different.

Of course somethings look similar like the rear mag notch and they both use standard fal springs, because after all they are both FAL mags.
Old March 18, 2020, 13:00   #754
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
I would have come to this thread first, Brunop just sent me the link to it.

I am going to make everything right that I possibly can!

I didn't build my once stellar reputation for 16 years to just let it all get trashed.

I will ask you guys and gals advice, I think I already know the answer but I assume it would be best to start my own thread about making things right to all my customers who never got their order and didn't get a chargeback on their credit card and get there refund that way.

What department should I start this thread in?

There I will try to address all your wants and enquiries.

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 13:44   #755
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:

I didn't build my once stellar reputation for 16 years to just let it all get trashed.

I will ask you guys and gals advice, I think I already know the answer but I assume it would be best to start my own thread about making things right to all my customers who never got their order and didn't get a chargeback on their credit card and get there refund that way.

I would do it in the FN sub forum. I'd also suggest a full and honest account of what happened to make you go off the rails and what led to this thread. Doing so would rebuild trust. Look bro, you didn't kill anyone, you didn't rape anyone or hurt anyone so bad they couldn't recover from it financially. You spent a fcukton of time and your own money on the mags to get them to market and they worked. Then, for some reason, you trashed your reputation and business. In order to trust you, people need to know why then you make it right and move on.

I've never met you but I think we've done business a long time ago and I'm willing to forgive and move forward. Good luck.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 13:54   #756
DSARMS_REP
Registered

Quote:

Everyone here at DSA is rooting for you Jonny , for the record Jonny has always been solid with us.
Old March 18, 2020, 14:00   #757
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Quote:
SO FALSE

Besides the obvious differences in the mag body.

The inside ribbing/guides and our followers are completely and the followers wont interchange at all. The floorplate on ours is straight from an l1a1. The front beek/catch on ours is way different than the moses. The feed lip profiles are also different.

Of course somethings look similar like the rear mag notch and they both use standard fal springs, because after all they are both FAL mags.
OK all you have to do is compare the pics between the Moses mag and the DSA polymer (fusion) mag and it is blatantly obvious there were some key design features that were reverse engineered (copied) from the Moses Mag and incorporated into their mag. For the DSA rep to deny that is kind of silly.
I will concede the outside ribless side walls of the DSA mag did not copy mine. The U shaped spacer bars on the front near the top, do they look familiar? (identical)?

I can get into great detail on these features if need be.

I think I need to say this on behalf of DSA:

I am extremely grateful to DSA for selling my mags for me while I was unable to work or much less run the processes needed to make a Moses mag work 100% after coming out of the mold. There are several secondary procedures required after molding to make a Moses Mag complete. DSA was doing that secondary work for me and also assembling the mags.
I only had to have the parts shipped to them. They really helped me get through the toughest of times by doing this.
In this process though I had to tell them all my proprietary secrets on how to make a polymer FAL mag work 100%. Has there ever been a FAL polymer mag work 100% before mine?

They did however on a post here on the fal files a while back say they had no plans on making a polymer mag since the Moses mag worked so well.
So I took them at their word and divulge my secrets to them. Once again I can go into great detail on this. "I am paraphrasing"

I am sure if someone does a search they can find that post. I think it was posted by Dan one of their representatives who does a lot of there testing and you see him in a lot of the DSA video's.

I have no problems with a company making a polymer FAL mag.

A company selling my mag exclusively and then copying key proprietary design features that make my mag work, well that's a different story.
Like I said I can go into fine detail if need be.

It also would have been nice if Dave or Dennis would have at least given me a heads up that they were doing this. Not one single word!

And right on their website it says they have been working years on the development of this DSA polymer mag
I think that all speaks for itself.

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old March 18, 2020, 14:09   #758
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Quote:
Everyone here at DSA is rooting for you Jonny , for the record Jonny has always been solid with us.
I appreciate your kind words and must say all the guys at DSA have always been solid with me up until this ordeal,
And the lack of any clue you guys gave me you were doing this polymer mag and that it was based highly on mine.

I have always been an open DSA supporter and hope to be in the future, and that you guys will do the right thing and discuss with me what we can do to come to a fair resolution on this matter.

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old March 18, 2020, 14:29   #759
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
I would do it in the FN sub forum. I'd also suggest a full and honest account of what happened to make you go off the rails and what led to this thread. Doing so would rebuild trust. Look bro, you didn't kill anyone, you didn't rape anyone or hurt anyone so bad they couldn't recover from it financially. You spent a fcukton of time and your own money on the mags to get them to market and they worked. Then, for some reason, you trashed your reputation and business. In order to trust you, people need to know why then you make it right and move on.

I've never met you but I think we've done business a long time ago and I'm willing to forgive and move forward. Good luck.
gman, I will give a full and honest account and do my best to answer all questions.

It may be a day or 2 before i can start earnestly on the thread because I
have a lot of things on my list at the moment that I am doing to get my business back up and running so i can start the process of finishing unfinished orders etc.

I will do my best to at least start the thread today and get into the deeper details and questions in the next couple days or sooner as time permits.

I thank everyone for their well wishes and hope l can build everyone's trust and respect back.

I apologize to everyone i have affected in a negative way.
I do intend on making things right!

Thanks Johnny (moses)

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old March 18, 2020, 15:54   #760
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Johnny, please start a new thread in the REVIEWS subforum.

You can use that thread for whatever positive purpose may be served by having a viewable-to-all-the-public thread.

Post it here>>>>> https://falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

You should be the thread-starter. I will do what I can to make sure the thread remains civil, and on-topic. Anybody reading my remarks here, please take note.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 15:55   #761
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:

Good to have you back Johnny!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 16:18   #762
T.C.
Registered

FALaholic #: 72745
Wow. Interesting turn of events!
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 19:17   #763
DSARMS_REP
Registered

I'm sure there is a market for a reliable modern looking fal mag like the moses, but we needed a classic looking polymer mag. This meant a completely different body with different ribs which meant a different follower than yours(moses) as well to work with our internal ribs. This different follower needed different top fed lips to work with our follower. We also wanted a more l1a1ish floorplate with a plain bottom floorplate and with the ease of disassembly of glock mag so what we did was just use the glock design. We also wanted a stronger front catch/beek so we made it larger with a different profile than a standard steel fal mag or a moses mag.

The thermold was the first polymer fal mag and for the time it was a decent try. Your moses mag are great for a modern looking mag and our fusion mag is great for a more classic looking mag. But all three are different, so this copy calm is just bs.

Last edited by DSARMS_REP; March 18, 2020 at 19:33.
DSARMS_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 22:22   #764
4x401
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Wink

Quote:
I'm sure there is a market for a reliable modern looking fal mag like the moses, but we needed a classic looking polymer mag. This meant a completely different body with different ribs which meant a different follower than yours(moses) as well to work with our internal ribs. This different follower needed different top fed lips to work with our follower. We also wanted a more l1a1ish floorplate with a plain bottom floorplate and with the ease of disassembly of glock mag so what we did was just use the glock design. We also wanted a stronger front catch/beek so we made it larger with a different profile than a standard steel fal mag or a moses mag.

The thermold was the first polymer fal mag and for the time it was a decent try. Your moses mag are great for a modern looking mag and our fusion mag is great for a more classic looking mag. But all three are different, so this copy calm is just bs.
*(Cough) Bullshit *(Cough)

DSA (May Satan Bless his thieving, child molesting heart) has built an business model on lying and deception....

God bless America.

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 23:15   #765
the gman
Registered

Quote:

LOL! This has to be the biggest load of crap you've posted yet and there have been some whoppers over the years. DSA has a business model of taking other people's ideas and ripping them off. Just a few are the lower with an integrated thread for an M4 style stock which was a rip off of the Kaiser Defense VLOPSI lower. Then there was replacing the rear sight with an AR sight which wrought the 'Hampton" lower that another FAL addict came up with which brings us nicely to the BRS stock that was undoubtedly inspired/copied from the original adapter for the ACR stock.

You guys very rarely innovate but you surely can rip off, possibly improve then claim credit for the ideas of others. Sure Dave ain't Chinese or Israeli because that's their business model....

Edited to add a comment on the highlighted quote: of COURSE you are sure there's a fcking market for a polymer FAL mag! You let moses invest his time, his treasure and his knowledge into developing a working mag (cuz whatever else Thermold mags where, they didn't work... ) then when a market was established, you jumped into the game. If the Moses Mag had fallen flat, you NEVER would have spent the money on a polymer mag. Try selling that bullshit someplace else bub.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old March 19, 2020, 07:16   #766
DSARMS_REP
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
LOL! This has to be the biggest load of crap you've posted yet and there have been some whoppers over the years. DSA has a business model of taking other people's ideas and ripping them off. Just a few are the lower with an integrated thread for an M4 style stock which was a rip off of the Kaiser Defense VLOPSI lower. Then there was replacing the rear sight with an AR sight which wrought the 'Hampton" lower that another FAL addict came up with which brings us nicely to the BRS stock that was undoubtedly inspired/copied from the original adapter for the ACR stock.

You guys very rarely innovate but you surely can rip off, possibly improve then claim credit for the ideas of others. Sure Dave ain't Chinese or Israeli because that's their business model....

Edited to add a comment on the highlighted quote: of COURSE you are sure there's a fcking market for a polymer FAL mag! You let moses invest his time, his treasure and his knowledge into developing a working mag (cuz whatever else Thermold mags where, they didn't work... ) then when a market was established, you jumped into the game. If the Moses Mag had fallen flat, you NEVER would have spent the money on a polymer mag. Try selling that bullshit someplace else bub.
Inspired by and ripped off are 2 way different things did the ak47 rip off the Remington model 8. Did the vltor stock rip off the colt m4 stock? We could do this all day, but its really not going to go anywhere considering you think brs stock is an acr stock wow just wow.

A cosmetic trend is not a rip off. Someone somewhere first thought to build ar15s with the gas block under the handguard this is now the cosmetic look of most ar15s. Speaking of which most of the ak and ar products using your logic are rip off products. I guess the pmag is a rip off to the oralite as well as the moses to the thermold.

Well I guess I will take the bait and compare the Brs stock vs acr stock

The lop track on the brs is on bottom not the sides, the side fold button is on the button not the side plus uses a completely different linkage than I have ever seen in any stock. The cheek piece has 4 parallel height adjustments plus an angled position, the acr has 2 positions flat and angled. The acr cheek piece is friction locked the brs is spring locked. The brs has an internal recoil dampener the acr has nothing. The acr has less sling points. The brs buttplate is steel reinforced and held on via side bolts the acr is plastic reinforced and held on with bolts in the rear like most stocks.

We made an acr stock adapter in March 2011 I know because I showed it on a fal in peru with a vltor rail the whole gun was fde We have shown pics from may 2011 at sitdef peru show proving this, and it's also somewhere in Google images. The acr is a cool stock but we wanted our own so we designed and built the brs.

Last edited by DSARMS_REP; March 19, 2020 at 07:37.
DSARMS_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2020, 22:38   #767
4x401
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Inspired by and ripped off are 2 way different things did the ak47 rip off the Remington model 8. Did the vltor stock rip off the colt m4 stock? We could do this all day, but its really not going to go anywhere considering you think brs stock is an acr stock wow just wow.

A cosmetic trend is not a rip off. Someone somewhere first thought to build ar15s with the gas block under the handguard this is now the cosmetic look of most ar15s. Speaking of which most of the ak and ar products using your logic are rip off products. I guess the pmag is a rip off to the oralite as well as the moses to the thermold.

The lop track on the brs is on bottom not the sides, the side fold button is on the button not the side plus uses a completely different linkage than I have ever seen in any stock. The cheek piece has 4 parallel height adjustments plus an angled position, the acr has 2 positions flat and angled. The acr cheek piece is friction locked the brs is spring locked. The brs has an internal recoil dampener the acr has nothing. The acr has less sling points. The brs buttplate is steel reinforced and held on via side bolts the acr is plastic reinforced and held on with bolts in the rear like most stocks.

We made an acr stock adapter in March 2011 I know because I showed it on a fal in peru with a vltor rail the whole gun was fde We have shown pics from may 2011 at sitdef peru show proving this, and it's also somewhere in Google images. The acr is a cool stock but we wanted our own so we designed and built the brs.
Following in Daniels footsteps.....

Not surprising, DSA is well versed in walking through the house with shit stained boots...:the carpets been wreaking in this place for years....whistling:

Old March 19, 2020, 23:31   #768
parallaxbill
Prototype machinist
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 26251
Miss shooting and talking with you at the CRPC matches Johnny. I hope you'll come show us up sometime in the future. We need the competition.

Good luck in all you do.

Best Drop 8 time, 9.41, 8 for 8
6.5 Grendel AR15
parallaxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2020, 21:34   #769
the gman
Registered

Quote:

Balls. You utterly missed the point. The POINT is DSA has a well documented history of, yes, ripping off other people's ideas ONCE they are proven to work. I never said the BRS is a rip off of the ACR as the Robinson XCR is very similar which was just about copied by FN for the SCAR. What I said was you waited until the ACR stock adapter was a clear commercial success before you went to work on the BRS. Same with the VLOPSI lower; you saw a successful design by someone else, copied it and used your marketing power to sell it.

MagPul P Mags have been around for what, almost 2 decades now and it wasn't until the Moses mag was a clear commercial success that DSA decided to bring out a polymer mag for the FAL. You want to say that Moses revealing his trade secrets to you about how the mags needed to be made had absolutely nothing to with the introduction of your polymer mags and was just a mere coincidence but that ain't gonna fly with those of us with memories longer than your dick.

There's no such thing as coincidence and a little hat tip or flipping some coin to Moses would indicate your gratitude for a bit of knowledge given.

Look, I want DSA to be successful because you're the only company with FAL products with any longevity in the business and you have produced some fine products. I got to handle some FAL's at SHOT with the BRS stock and like it very much, I think its much better than the ACR stock/adapter work around. I like the look of the polymer DSA mag and think it fills a need in the absence of the Moses mag. I like the new M Lok rails and they are considerably less expensive than the VLTOR. You guys do you but don't come trying to bullshit us because we've seen it all before from DSA...

-Alexis de Tocqueville
Old March 24, 2020, 11:57   #770
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
DSARMS_REP, some food for thought: If someone come up with a decent product, *even* if DSA was already doing some research on a similar idea, reach out to them and see if they want to work together with you. And then, when you do sell it, make a point to state the creator. This will make people feel like if they come up with a clever concept, they know they can reach out to DSA who will (if it thinks it is viable) put its muscle/resources to help that reach the market. So, more people will be contacting you. And you will be making money by having first access to those products. I have seen a lot of small-run items that could be right now being sold at your website but they are not comfortable with the idea, thinking you will do a China on them.

Take the high road and avoid falling into the jack-of-all-trades trap. There are people better than you on some areas; work with them so you can cut your R&D and maximize return. And focus your R&D into other areas... like making a proper British L1A1 receiver for people like me.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 12:14   #771
DSARMS_REP
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
DSARMS_REP, some food for thought: If someone come up with a decent product, *even* if DSA was already doing some research on a similar idea, reach out to them and see if they want to work together with you. And then, when you do sell it, make a point to state the creator. This will make people feel like if they come up with a clever concept, they know they can reach out to DSA who will (if it thinks it is viable) put its muscle/resources to help that reach the market. So, more people will be contacting you. And you will be making money by having first access to those products. I have seen a lot of small-run items that could be right now being sold at your website but they are not comfortable with the idea, thinking you will do a China on them.

Take the high road and avoid falling into the jack-of-all-trades trap. There are people better than you on some areas; work with them so you can cut your R&D and maximize return. And focus your R&D into other areas... like making a proper British L1A1 receiver for people like me.

The comms issues we had were the same as other members so we desided to go on our own. We Also wanted an msrp of 19.95 and offer dealer and distributor pricing which is another major factor why we went on our own. Lots of factors were involved here. The main one still being the cosmetics and more universal fit.
Old April 03, 2020, 09:01   #772
jugrunner
Restless
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Go find some nice STG parts .. quit casting everything under the sun .. Quit lying to your customers .. Tell whoever is making the new forged receivers to go back to original Austrian specs instead of DSA outofspec BS .. (bbl timing short) .. Those are just a few suggestions ..

BTW: neither mag looks "Traditional" .. That wide floorplate on the DSA KILLS IT >> !!!!!!!!

I just bought 10 very nice STG mags off GB for $130.00 shipped to my house ..

With so many surplus mags around I guess my question is .. why .. ??
Old April 03, 2020, 09:25   #773
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
They probably figured by now out that people will complain no matter what they do.
Old April 03, 2020, 11:22   #774
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugrunner View Post

I just bought 10 very nice STG mags off GB for $130.00 shipped to my house ..

With so many surplus mags around I guess my question is .. why .. ??
I've wondered the same thing.

People seem to have a hard-on for anything plastic. I mean there are millions of surplus AR mags our there but people still by magpul by the pile. I dont get it.
Old April 03, 2020, 15:20   #775
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
I've wondered the same thing.

People seem to have a hard-on for anything plastic. I mean there are millions of surplus AR mags our there but people still by magpul by the pile. I dont get it.
They work great, no sharp edges, easy to get from reliable people who ship fast and take cc.
Old April 03, 2020, 22:32   #776
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
+1

Also, Magpul mags don't have worn feed-lips and a good follower. And if you drop a loaded one on its top, you didn't just bend or crack said feed-lips.

And they're $12/copy.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 03, 2020, 23:13   #777
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
+1

Also, Magpul mags don't have worn feed-lips and a good follower. And if you drop a loaded one on its top, you didn't just bend or crack said feed-lips.

And they're $12/copy.
Ok, you guys got me on the no sharp edges but is that really an issue?

And there are pics above showing what happens to loaded plastic mags when dropped. You aren't going to sell me on that.

Finally, I got these for $9 a piece and there's more in the MP for $10. How's $12 a price advantage? And if we go back on topic of plastic FAL mags $12 won't touch them.
Old Yesterday, 19:19   #778
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Back on the topic of the thread, wasn't there supposed to be a thread where Moses detailed the reason for his hiatus and subsequent screwing of customers? Have I missed that?
Old Yesterday, 19:27   #779
4x401
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Back on the topic of the thread, wasn't there supposed to be a thread where Moses detailed the reason for his hiatus and subsequent screwing of customers? Have I missed that?
Im missing that....