The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old May 12, 2011, 14:28   #1
History Nut
Registered

FALaholic #: 15359
New York PD arrest "Terrorists" in gun buy

Fox News just 'broke' that NYPD arrested two men after they bought guns and a hand grenade to attack Jews.

The Mayor put in a plug for more gun control of course. He implied that a new restriction on sales (those on terrorists watch list restricted from gun purchase) would prevent such an occurance.

The problem is that hand grenades (live) can't be legally purchased. The one they displayed was an old 'pineapple' type. I wonder if it was 'live' as they had it just sitting there next to the three handguns the 'terrorists' bought FROM UNDERCOVER NYPD OFFICERS!

So let me summerize: Two probable terrorists bought a possible Destructive Device and three handguns from undercover cops without going through the normal (legal) process including complying with New York's Sullivan Law that requires lots of hoops to be transitioned to legally purchase a handgun and have it in New York City. Therefore since the buyers didn't comply with ANY existing laws, we should add more 'gun control' laws to the Federal Register even though they would not have had any effect in this grossly illegal purchase!

I don't doubt that the two arrested are 'bad guys' and deserved arrest. I also don't have a problem with the NYPD doing the sell (that was said in the press conference) to catch the BGs/Terrs. I do have a problem with the Mayor exploiting the news conference to push for legislation the wouldn't have done anything in this case if it had been on the books already.

I am also not surprised at the Mayor's exploitation as that is what politicians especially Urbanite ones do to the rest of us.

I put this in News and Current Events as it just happened. I thought it might fit also under RKBA but went for currency.
Old May 12, 2011, 15:06   #2
Joerkol
Registered

FALaholic #: 3445
Bloomberg

So how many of you own a enert gernade From wwII?? I have one with a big hole drilled in the bottom, They don't even make them any more. What say you??
Joe
Joerkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 15:59   #3
olgier
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 17951
Some of them don't even have the holes drilled in the bottom. Just inert fuse assemblies.
olgier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 16:17   #4
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
In Fla a while back Bush's AG- Gonzales--- got some "terrorists" to buy some "combat boots"..that was all they had money for------- and arrested them for terrorism!!

By the Way...
Obama has passed an executive order empowering himself to imprison anyone deemed to be a threat to the government--all by his own executive decree.
...Like King Louis.

While we sleep, the future UN High Commissioner for the territory of N. America--after he looses the 2012 election, is plotting your fate, too.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 18:41   #5
Frank Pinelander
Registered

FALaholic #: 20231
Quote:
Originally posted by V guy

By the Way...
Obama has passed an executive order empowering himself to imprison anyone deemed to be a threat to the government--all by his own executive decree.
...Like King Louis.

Link? Cite?

Rank amateurs discuss grand strategy

Professionals discuss logistics
Frank Pinelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 22:28   #6
Mark IV
Registered

FALaholic #: 50937
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Pinelander

Link? Cite?
I think he's referring to a proposed executive order for "preventive detention." My internet research doesn't show it being implemented, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's drafted and ready to be signed if the right circumstances arise.
Old May 13, 2011, 09:30   #7
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Yep, it is an executive order--- a very long one.
Just type in "executive orders" and a search engine will take you there.

I am trying to get the drift of Obama and his thugs.

Reading through the list of Presidential Executive Orders, it appears that he is ruling by Executive Order.

He is implementing the rejected Disclose Act anyway. He will do immigration reform this way too.

A mystery is the recent one about Bosnia-Herogovina.

The UN High Commissioner rules over that country and can overrule anything that the politicians do in THAT burg. He has just issued a new executive order protecting anything the UN Commissioner there does.
The locals are getting out of control and want to shuck the UN out.

Obama has about said that N. America is out of control with racism, whitemen,tea party Joe the Plumber, Palin types. Whitemen regularly persecute blacks, illegals and Muslims.

Getting the UN to declare the USA a rogue state due to the 2nd Amendment and the inconvenient Constitution, with our history, IS a done deal--he just has to ask them to vote so...after he looses the 2012 election.

12-21-12 is likely the date the Tower of Babel Un trys to take over after Obama looses the election.... and installs him as UN High Commissioner; the camps open and you will be arrested and NEVER come home. Democracy is then dead world wide and the Caliphate can attack Europe.

Obama reads like an open book---The Communist Manifesto.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 12:42   #8
101ABN327
Registered

FALaholic #: 19486
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

I think he's referring to a proposed executive order for "preventive detention." My internet research doesn't show it being implemented, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's drafted and ready to be signed if the right circumstances arise.
"preventive detention." ??? Sounds a bit like thought crimes...
101ABN327 is offline   Reply With Quote