The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > CZ Firearms - Czech it out!

Notices

Old January 05, 2020, 11:27   #1
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
New CZ-P10

Just picked this P-10 F optics ready last night. My Trijicon SRO will be here this Tuesday. The trigger is pretty darn good right out of the box with a clean crisp break. The ten pull average was 4lb.0.9oz.

Ron W.
sportsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 07, 2020, 20:23   #2
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

I got the Trijicon 5 MOA SRO mounted today and headed to the range. This set-up is sweet! I ran 100 rounds through the new P-10 and it was flawless. I was killing 6" plates from 5-40 yards with ease. My best from 40 yards was 5 out of 6 hits standing and leaning against a beam. Very fast follow up shots with the dot never leaving the optic window.

I have a HB Industries trigger and striker spring set on the way. The trigger is already pretty decent, but the safety flipper dohickey in the middle of the trigger doesn't go flush with the trigger when pulled. After a bit of shooting, this becomes annoying and starts to wear on your finger. I would be surprised if CZ doesn't address this in the future.

Ron W.
Old January 10, 2020, 15:55   #3
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

All done.

I put the new HBI trigger and new striker spring in this morning. This is all I'm going to do to this, so I'm calling it done for now. Both the factory trigger and the HBI have {had} a really nice break.

Edit; After looking at the picture of the barrel where recoil spring seats I had to break it down. The picture looks like the steel has a fracture in it. It was just a little oil and optical illusion. It did kinda freak me out when I saw the picture though.

Factory trigger with 10 pull average OTB unfired:

HBI trigger and striker spring 10 pull average:

Ron W.

Last edited by sportsnut; January 14, 2020 at 08:19.
Old January 12, 2020, 09:31   #4
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

I never would have thought without any polishing and just a striker spring change and HBI trigger I would be in the 3lb pull range. Pretty darn impressive for a striker-fired pistol. All of my Glocks are starting to rumble a bit..

Ron W.
Old January 14, 2020, 08:17   #5
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

I ran 180 rounds through it today and then checked trigger pull. It was down a few ounces from the last outing. This set-up is really nice. My buddy shoots with an RMR and is excited to try the SRO when we shoot this Friday.

Ten pull averages.

CZ factory set-up OTB unfired:

Before the 180 rounds today. The first test after striker spring and trigger install:

Today after 180 rounds:

Ron W.
Old January 18, 2020, 23:33   #6
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Thatís a nice looking rig! I really like the P10 series. Donít own one (yet), but the P10C fits my hand about as well as any polymer pistol could, and CZ pistols of all flavors are top shelf in my experience. Do you find your trigger mods worth the extra cost over stock? You mentioned your Glocks, how does your P10 compare against them overall?

ďIím saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about whatís enough. And for Godís sake, think about who you are.Ē - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 09:16   #7
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
Thatís a nice looking rig! I really like the P10 series. Donít own one (yet), but the P10C fits my hand about as well as any polymer pistol could, and CZ pistols of all flavors are top shelf in my experience. Do you find your trigger mods worth the extra cost over stock? You mentioned your Glocks, how does your P10 compare against them overall?

I'm no expert, but I'll always love my Glocks. This particular P-10 with the Trijicon SRO and HBI trigger is a pure pleasure to shoot and my favorite striker-fired pistol.

From what I have seen I got lucky with the factory trigger which was right around 4lbs. The HBI trigger and striker spring just made it better. For the money, it is definitely worth the upgrade.

Ron W.
Old January 19, 2020, 15:27   #8
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
I did some CGW trigger mods to my SP01 Phantom. While not a striker fired pistol, the SA trigger pull was reduced to around 3 pounds and the DA pull was about 4Ĺ pounds. CGW and HBI make some fantastic mods for the CZ family. The HBI trigger really changes the apparent feel of trigger compared to the stock one due to its construction, angle of pull and the reduction of pull length. CGW goes farther by replacing stock FCG parts with re-engineered parts that address the entire firing sequence. You cannot go wrong with parts from either company.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2020, 17:41   #9
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
I did some CGW trigger mods to my SP01 Phantom. While not a striker fired pistol, the SA trigger pull was reduced to around 3 pounds and the DA pull was about 4Ĺ pounds. CGW and HBI make some fantastic mods for the CZ family. The HBI trigger really changes the apparent feel of trigger compared to the stock one due to its construction, angle of pull and the reduction of pull length. CGW goes farther by replacing stock FCG parts with re-engineered parts that address the entire firing sequence. You cannot go wrong with parts from either company.
I'd love to compare yours with my slightly reworked Shadow 2 and see how they compare.
I HATED the Shadow 2 when I first started using it, but after doing some very minor tuning and getting used to the heft, I've grown to love how precise it is. Seriously, it's a fine instrument.

In a pinch, I shoot better with my 75D Compact, but when I get my game face on, there's no comparison. That Shadow 2 will outshoot anything else in my collection, and it's not even close.

I measured about 3.2 lbs on the Shadow in SA, and about 4.5 in DA, and I consider that a bit light, even for my numb old digits.

ďAnyone who doesnít think the Welfare Industrial Complex is trying to increase dependency isnít paying attention.Ē - Howie Carr
ExCdnSoldierInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2020, 12:57   #10
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
[QUOTE=sportsnut;4826848]I got the Trijicon 5 MOA SRO mounted today and headed to the range. This set-up is sweet! I ran 100 rounds through the new P-10 and it was flawless. I was killing 6" plates from 5-40 yards with ease. My best from 40 yards was 5 out of 6 hits standing and leaning against a beam. Very fast follow up shots with the dot never leaving the optic window.

Right on dude! I am really liking the SRO too. Though i did put it on my plastic fantastic pistol of choice....

T
Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 08:41   #11
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

[QUOTE=Tat2;

Right on dude! I am really liking the SRO too. Though i did put it on my plastic fantastic pistol of choice....

T[/QUOTE]

Troy, which Glock did it go on?

Ron W.
Old January 31, 2020, 14:29   #12
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut View Post
Troy, which Glock did it go on?
I have it on a Gen5 Glock 34.... I have thousands of rounds through the Gen3 and had no use for a Gen4. But this Gen5 is an improvement and the MOS is nice
Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 15:48   #13
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2 View Post
I have it on a Gen5 Glock 34.... I have thousands of rounds through the Gen3 and had no use for a Gen4. But this Gen5 is an improvement and the MOS is nice

Copy that!

Ron W.