Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old March 10, 2020, 08:48   #1
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Cheap way to a decent trigger...

So in the Accuracy thread I described my builds, and one of the things that I mentioned that I realized had not been discussed here was the trigger adjustment grip screw. I've mainly seen them through JoeBobs, but have found them considerably cheaper on Ebay or other places. First of all, here's what I'm talking about. Next, here's the same screw and how it works and is installed. It really doesn't get much easier. I know it will take up the lash in any milspec trigger. I have never used "only" a milspec, and have always started with the Spike's Battle Trigger in all my builds. The SBT is essentially a polished milspec that was then nickel-boron coated. It's slick, but still milspec in geometry. I added the trigger-adjustment screw after the fact and that took things to a new level. Combining the SBT with the screw and a bit of Mobil 1 grease makes for a surprisingly good trigger with very little creep, and feels quite a bit lighter. Combined with the spring kit and it's amazingly good for the $$$. With PSA's improved trigger I'm sure the results would be similar, and you're into your trigger for about $55 bucks with the spring kit. Hard to beat for the $$$ spent.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 09:27   #2
LKY_13
Sig Sauer Me
Contributor

FALaholic #: 41000
Interesting. I just went with Huey's advice in the same thread and ordered JP's reduced power spring kit for my Blackhawk trigger. Nice that there are lower cost options out there. I can't see dropping $300 on a trigger.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams

Foi Est Tout
μολων λαβε
SiG for Life
LKY_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 09:40   #3
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Larue MBT-2s (two stage). They also make a MBT-1s (single stage).

$80.

Just another option.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 11:05   #4
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I have been useing POF 4.5 # drop in triggers and it helped decrease my group size. Plus the antiwalk pins are nice. I have another build headed this way, should be here Monday.
Old March 10, 2020, 11:43   #5
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
^

Nice looking trigger.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 13:37   #6
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
I dropped about $95 on my James Madison Tactical Saber, and it's a really good trigger, but for my cousin's build I went with the Rise Armament RA-535. It's normally a $200+ trigger, but PA had it on sale for $135 for Black Friday. That thing is a work of art. It truly is like breaking a thin glass rod. For general use though the $55 proposition above is a MAJOR improvement over standard milspec and should make groups shrink from a basic AR, but this thing blows that out of the water. I'll admit, I regret not ordering 2 of them.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2020, 14:23   #7
fly2.0
To Old To Give A F**k
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKY_13 View Post
Interesting. I just went with Huey's advice in the same thread and ordered JP's reduced power spring kit for my Blackhawk trigger. Nice that there are lower cost options out there. I can't see dropping $300 on a trigger.
JP spring kit . 3 1/2 lb pull is what i run in many of my lower's $10 shipped .

It's just as good as my POF one peace drop in .

((( Micro Galil / Colt )))
fly2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 16:37   #8
LKY_13
Sig Sauer Me
Contributor

FALaholic #: 41000
K... JP reduced power spring kit + Blackhawk Blaze trigger = excellence. Very happy. That reset is superb. Thanks Huey!!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams

Foi Est Tout
μολων λαβε
SiG for Life
LKY_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 17:12   #9
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
That is a clever way to improve a notoriously bad trigger.

I went with the Larue 2 stage just because I didn’t want to have to fiddle with taking the mil spec hammer and trigger out a bunch of times and polish metal to achieve an acceptable pull which I know is not the best thing to do... I retain the mil spec hammer & trigger as well as a extra spare complete bolt , firing pin, cam and cotter pin in a spare , emergency replacement parts bag Incase my carbine takes a shit in the field.

The very well used,rattle trap upper , beat to shit looking M4’s in the army would often have very decent triggers probably due to firing thousands of rounds.

I also prefer a traditional screw together steel cleaning rod for possible chamber obstructions... the Otis kits are okay... but I prefer the steel rod

Last edited by Tip_drill; March 16, 2020 at 17:19.
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2020, 19:23   #10
nvcdl
Registered

FALaholic #: 1312
I'm sold on the hiperfire triggers - only match trigger that combines light trigger with robust hammer spings.
nvcdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2020, 11:01   #11
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvcdl View Post
I'm sold on the hiperfire triggers - only match trigger that combines light trigger with robust hammer spings.
Have at least six Hiperfire triggers in rifles now and at least six more in parts locker for future projects. When I want a super crisp, reasonably light but 100% ability to light even the hardest primers even if rifle is full of mud, carbon blow back and been run for days nonstop and it's all life or death will hope I pulled a rifle with a Hiperfire. Amazing how it's dual spring hammer does not affect trigger pull and lights rounds off like hit by a sledge hammer. Very unique and good trigger except if were to ever have an issue can't rob parts from any other trigger parts in the kit or out of another rifle. Everything in it is proprietary.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote