Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old February 24, 2020, 20:34   #1
johnnycobra
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 26209
MBT trigger

I havenít spent $ on AR triggers before, but bought two of these a while back.
Dropped it in last night and upon initial check over, VERY pleased..

Canít wait to try it out so I can prove my rifle is still not the limiting factor in my poor marksmanship.
johnnycobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 20:43   #2
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Good choice, they are an excellent buy for a superb AR trigger.

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 20:48   #3
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
I have a mbt 2s with the flat trig face... I bought it after comparing one my friend has on his rifle to the mil spec one I used to have on mine.. big difference!
The reset on it is short and excellent IMO

I am going to add the kns anti rotational ham and trig pins to it to make it fool proof and shtf ready
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 21:51   #4
FriendBesto
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 77523
Love mine. Amazing trigger for the price.
FriendBesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2020, 23:09   #5
Redoubt
Registered

FALaholic #: 82243
Ive got one showing up friday. Not really a big fan of 2 stage but I figure its for my PRI mod 0 so its a precision gun and for that price Ill give it a whirl.

Larue's business practices have gone wonky in the last year. Their upper builds and standard parts are now months and months out. The triggers aren't made by them so they ship from a different company in Austin.
Which I guess is good as everything Ive ordered from them has no warning on long wait times and if you dare call to ask they basically tell you your out of luck, deal with it.
I liked their stuff better before they became the hipster brand.

Ive given up trying out one of their uppers. Noveski, PRI and DD have all made guns for me in the time that Larue cant get a upper out.
Old February 24, 2020, 23:58   #6
yovinny
Old Fart
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 7679
Ive a few mbt 25's and been very pleased, but Ive one sitting on my kitchen table to be shipped back for a replacement.
Seems like the sear wasent seated fully in the fixturing and wasent ground enough...
Chit happens I guess,,,it wont stop me from buying another.
yovinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 07:06   #7
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
The triggers aren't made by them so they ship from a different company in Austin.
[/snippage]

Never heard that one before...although I'm out of the loop.

Here is a 2016 time lapse video of building and setting up shop space to make MBT triggers, on site at LaRue.

I quote the video comments:
Quote:
I kicked things off by carving out a large enough space out of our rough storage area in the back of one of our larger buildings, then duct-taped a GoPro on the wall, and off we went.

Carlos Castenada
Old February 25, 2020, 09:59   #8
Redoubt
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Never heard that one before...although I'm out of the loop.

Here is a 2016 time lapse video of building and setting up shop space to make MBT triggers, on site at LaRue.

I quote the video comments:

Hmmm, Ive got to look on the receipt I just got from them, but its from a place in Austin not larue, and It said it would by the other entity as well. Let me see what I can find. I might be mistaken completely, at least my wife will tell me I am daily on other matters!
Old February 25, 2020, 10:14   #9
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
Hmmm, Ive got to look on the receipt I just got from them, but its from a place in Austin not larue, and It said it would by the other entity as well. Let me see what I can find. I might be mistaken completely, at least my wife will tell me I am daily on other matters!
Funny how that works, isn't it...

Forrest

Last edited by ftierson; February 25, 2020 at 10:40. Reason: Fix the red...
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 10:20   #10
Redoubt
Registered

So my receipt and shipping information is from Austin precision products. But I think Larue owns that company as well. Perhaps its just their machine shop or something.
Either way Im excited to try out the MB2. Im a huge fan of their mounts.
Its nice that someone is making a precision ar trigger that isn't over 200 dollars these days.
Old February 25, 2020, 10:25   #11
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

They used to always bill themselves as *Dead Center of Texas*

LaRue Address:
850 CR 177
Leander, TX, 78641

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Lar...l-512-259-1585

Carlos Castenada
Old February 25, 2020, 11:35   #12
lew
Registered

FALaholic #: 16727
The MBT is a superb value. While it's not as smooth and crisp as my pair of Elftmann triggers, I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a precision rifle if that's what I had.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 12:22   #13
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
I put an MBT2 in my AR-10 and really like it. I'll be purchasing another for my AR-15 once I get the other work needing done it addressed.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 16:57   #14
Redoubt
Registered

Got a email today. I guess all the products I ordered last week are now back ordered.
Called them and asked if they had any idea how long. Was told " nope, No idea"

Im so tired of dealing with Larue, I will most likely send their damn trigger back and go with Geissele.
I own thousands of dollars in their mounts and parts, been a loyal customer for 15 years but this new customer service standard they are all about is a joke.
Old February 25, 2020, 17:39   #15
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
My trigger was shipped from Leander Texas... I just threw the box away.

BTW.. I chose to install the heavier trigger spring for a faster reset.. the trigger is such an improvement over the mil spec one it replaced the heavier pull the stronger spring supposedly causes isn’t noticed ..by me anyway.

I like the flat faced trigger... it changes the feel enough to make me forget all the rounds I pissed away shooting at ghosts with my issue M4 and helps me concentrate on accuracy

Last edited by Tip_drill; February 25, 2020 at 17:45.
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 18:05   #16
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
The Colt Competition Target Triggers that CDNN was clearancing when Colt Competition folded have proved to be stunning triggers for me when combined with a JP spring kit. When they first had them were selling for $19.99 first weekend then went up to $39.99. Purchased two dozen of them when I called and was told the $19.99 price was three days only. Got them and liked so much called and talked the guy on the phone into selling me a dozen more at $19.99 if I purchased two dozen of the Colt Milspec triggers at same price. Had paid $9.99 for a dozen of the Milspec units during the initial sale so ended up with three dozen Colt Milspec and three dozen Colt target triggers on that deal.

When Hiperfire redesigned the 24 and 24E dual spring triggers the price dropped to $29 and picked up a dozen of each. Same when found RRA National Match triggers on a clearance and purchased a dozen. Anytime I see a decent trigger on clearance I buy at least a dozen and keep piling them up for builds. Have so many triggers, lowers and uppers buying barrels to build them all would cost five figures but keep looking almost daily for barrel deals. Remember when Palmetto used to have deals on good barrels and miss those days. Purchased them in six packs all the time and now wish had been buying by the dozen as well. Of course at the time didn't know I was going to have an opportunity to by machined billed lowers for $19 by the truck load. Found two boxes with a dozen new lowers per box on a paint shelf in my shop last week. That's another 24 builds need barrels for.

For those suffering with a crappy trigger, order a JP 3.5 Enhanced Reliability Spring Kit, remove lower, put some old fashioned Crest toothpaste on hammer/sear and disconnect engagements then cycle it a few dozen times. Remove trigger and clean all the toothpaste out of trigger and lower extremely well, reassemble using the JP spring kit which costs $9.99, lubricate and you may not want to drop coin on a trigger. I did that for years before funds and glutted market allowed me to buy nice triggers by the dozens.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 18:21   #17
Redoubt
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip_drill View Post
My trigger was shipped from Leander Texas... I just threw the box away.

BTW.. I chose to install the heavier trigger spring for a faster reset.. the trigger is such an improvement over the mil spec one it replaced the heavier pull the stronger spring supposedly causes isnít noticed ..by me anyway.

I like the flat faced trigger... it changes the feel enough to make me forget all the rounds I pissed away shooting at ghosts with my issue M4 and helps me concentrate on accuracy
Ive got Timney and CMC flat triggers and I too really love the feel of the flat face especially in precision guns.
Old February 25, 2020, 18:41   #18
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I put a CMC drop-in single-stage flat face in my Colt 6920 and the MBT in the PSA M4 clone. I like 'em both but that CMC is so sweet...and light. Wow.

Ė Harry Truman

"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2020, 20:55   #19
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
I put a CMC drop-in single-stage flat face in my Colt 6920 and the MBT in the PSA M4 clone. I like 'em both but that CMC is so sweet...and light. Wow.
Except for varmint rifles and target rifles used for precision use off a rest or bipod I prefer single stage triggers in a fighting rifle with short reset. Flat are better for many if doing action shooting and I like the "JP Enterprises EZ Trigger System with Armageddon Gear Revolution Roller Trigger" which is straight but has a sleeve on bearings so no matter if hook it with too much finger or finger tip with not enough contact it reduces the tendencies to pull or push the rifle off target. It ships with the JP Enhanced spring kit and is factory rated for 3.0 to 3.5 pound pull but I usually tune them to 2.75 pounds for my fighting fast and dirty type rifles as sometimes the time to reposition your finger on trigger may be the time that gets you shot or for competitive shooters drop three or four places in a close race for the high score.

https://www.primaryarms.com/jp-enter...54-jpfcp-1ez-r

I have found them on sale from $99 to $149 and when find them at the $99 price point will buy as many as can stand.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2020, 09:51   #20
Jimbo Jones
Registered

FALaholic #: 69168
Deal from LaRue

Found this on Gun.deals

$70 each if you buy 5

https://gun.deals/product/larue-tact...rigger-sale-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post