The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reference and Data Section: a FAL FAQs and Library

Notices

Old June 09, 2020, 15:18   #1
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39856
Arabic FAL markings

So I went to Wikipedia and looked up the FN FAL users list and cross referenced Arabic state users with their official languages and other commonly spoken languages to try and figure out where the Arabic marked FAL parts may originate from....probably an exercise in futility but here goes....I’m sure this list isn’t all inclusive and there may be errors...i left out the obvious like Turkey and the G1s......I’ll also try to list rifle configuration if any are known....configuration info comes from pics on the net and info from this site..

Arabic FAL users....

*Bahrain..... Arabic and English ...probably standard markings

*Chad .....Arabic and French...markings I assume would be standard since French is also spoken in Belgium...from pics...wood type c stock, type 2 lower, type 3 upper, bipod cut barrel and hgs , combo device..

*Comoros.....Arabic and French....Probably standard markings

*Djibouti .....Arabic and French...Probably standard markings

*Egypt....Arabic

*Iraq....Arabic....para models with type 3 uppers and type 2 lowers ....bipod cut hgs and barrel...para length and standard length barrels...combo device....possibly other configurations and possible rifles from other countries during the civil war ...

*Kuwait..... Arabic....but used standard FAL markings....wood type c stock, type 2 receiver and lower ...NBC cut lugged barrel and NBC cut hgs....possibly all wood early on?

*Lebanon...Arabic but was a French mandate....probably standard markings...mag well marked with AL and a number (serial ?)....also cedar tree stamp...SAND CUT CARRIER....also saw one with long grenade sight...appears to be type 2 and 3 rifles with bipod and NBC cut hgs and barrels...lots of plastic and maybe some wood.....probably other countries rifles during the civil wat...

*Libya ......Arabic and also Italian ....standard markings...one version with BPC barrel and metal hgs...combo device...no bipod...wood type c with brass disc..Para rear sight with Holland mag release...type 2 and 3...possible sand cut carrier..

Also another version taken out of styrofoam boxes...standard wood type c ...type 2 lower and 3 upper...BPC hgs and barrel...SAND CUT CARRIER.

Possibly others from other countries during the civil war...

*Morocco ..... Arabic and also French and English...probably standard markings

*Oman .....Arabic and English...probably standard markings

*Pakistan: English and other local languages ....probably standard markings

*Qatar.... Arabic and commonly spoken English....configuration and markings?

*Saudi Arabia ....Arabic....paras seen in pics....national guard had wood c stocks fixed swivel...combo device and plastic NBC hgs... Grenade sight gas plug....possibly earlier versions updated?

*Somalia...... Somali and Arabic..also English and Italian ...probably standard markings

*Syria.... Arabic....but also former French mandate....configuration and markings?

*Tunisia ....Arabic and also French....probably standard markings

*United Arab Emirates ......Arabic...

*Yemen..... Arabic

Last edited by embatp; June 09, 2020 at 16:27.
embatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2020, 07:50   #2
imacoonass01
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Interesting. I have not actually seen any Arabic marked FAL on the Files. I got the major parts to build one (Lower/barrel/bolt and carrier). It was sold to me, as a Saudi Arabian kit. I would not know if it is or not. It is definitely from the Mid East, having Arabic serial numbers. Interesting that you noted, that the Saudi FALs, had a grenade gas plug. I would not have known that. I got a Belgian C-Stock and NBC hand guard to use for my build. Does anyone have an Arabic marked FAL build? Pictures?
Old June 23, 2020, 13:09   #3
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39856
Yeah...again that was the national guard....other units may have had other Configs....
Old June 28, 2020, 03:24   #4
chrsdwns
Registered

FALaholic #: 9846
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacoonass01 View Post
Interesting. I have not actually seen any Arabic marked FAL on the Files. I got the major parts to build one (Lower/barrel/bolt and carrier). It was sold to me, as a Saudi Arabian kit. I would not know if it is or not. It is definitely from the Mid East, having Arabic serial numbers. Interesting that you noted, that the Saudi FALs, had a grenade gas plug. I would not have known that. I got a Belgian C-Stock and NBC hand guard to use for my build. Does anyone have an Arabic marked FAL build? Pictures?

Member Ex1 has an Arabic marked FAL.

Pretty awesome

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."
~~Ludwig Von Mises

...when poets buy guns, tourist season is over................Walter R. Mead.
chrsdwns is offline   Reply With Quote