The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Concealed Carry & Personal Defense

Notices

Old September 04, 2019, 11:26   #1
Eyeguy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73288
WTK: Anyone purchased from craftholsters.com

Looking for a new shoulder holster and found this product (model 42/22) online.

Product link is here-https://www.craftholsters.com/leather-shoulder-holster-system

Seems well made, shows good user reviews and is reasonably priced. Questions emailed through their site were answered clearly and promptly.

Had a follow up question and decided to call the company directly today. Found out that they are based in Slovenia and source product from Slovenia and Italy, depending on the model. Customer service rep was courteous, spoke passable english and was able to answer my questions.

My concern is in making a credit card payment to an entity outside the US. Craft claims they are in the process of setting up a business unit in the US to facilitate an easier payment process for US customers but currently I would have to place my order online providing credit card information. Easy enough to call my bank to provide them with advance notice of my purchase so expect no issues in getting Craft paid. Call me old school but sending my credit card into to Slovenia makes me uneasy.

I've looked at Galco and pricing is at about a 20-25% premium based on comparative pricing even with the 20% discount they're offering online through the end of the month. Also found an option online at stonerholsters.com but can find no reviews on their product.

Appreciate any feedback.
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2019, 21:04   #2
TXMoose
Registered

FALaholic #: 73164
They also sell through Amazon if you are worried about payment or delivery....I was just looking for one for my K6s revolver
TXMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2019, 23:07   #3
Eyeguy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMoose View Post
They also sell through Amazon if you are worried about payment or delivery....I was just looking for one for my K6s revolver

Thanks TX. I searched shoulder holsters on Amazon but didn't see Craft's offerings pop up. They seem to be well made and well designed. I like the fact that the holster can be removed from the shoulder rig and used as a belted holster alone. I also like that they enclose the muzzle end of the holster. Would prefer a horizontal orientation on the mag holder but.... I would like to be able to order the rig and additional holster and mag holder for a second pistol; they offer that option on their own site. If I can figure out how to do that on Amazon I'm in.

I also like the Galco Miami Classic. A little pricier but with the brand I know I'll get quality for the money. The Glaco holster is open on the muzzle end but mag holder is horizontal orientation. No snap closures on the mag holder but don't expect that to be an issue.

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Eyeguy; September 04, 2019 at 23:15.
Old September 05, 2019, 05:55   #4
frankxtc
Registered

FALaholic #: 10952
I ordered a dual mag pouch from them for my SIG P238.
I knew it would take them a while to make it, 2 months later received a really excellent, well made mag pouch, very happy.
Paid w/ paypal.
I do not go in for collecting guns.
I never buy a gun unless I really need it.
As a matter of fact, I really only need about a dozen, or possibly fourteen, more guns than I have now.

Last edited by frankxtc; September 05, 2019 at 05:57. Reason: pmt
frankxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2019, 06:40   #5
Eyeguy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Thanks Frank. Glad that worked out and yes, PP much preferred to sending CC info overseas.
Old September 05, 2019, 15:36   #6
Snake Bitten
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy View Post

I also like the Galco Miami Classic. A little pricier but with the brand I know I'll get quality for the money. The Glaco holster is open on the muzzle end but mag holder is horizontal orientation. No snap closures on the mag holder but don't expect that to be an issue.
I have the Armadillo Holster version of the jackass shoulder rig, decent holster for the money. Sometimes cheaper on ebay vs their website. Reviews on ebay.

Guns have two enemies: Rust and Politicians
Snake Bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 06, 2019, 17:18   #7
TXMoose
Registered

FALaholic #: 73164
Sorry wasn’t clear.

Falco, which supplies craft, sells direct on Amazon

Looks like the price is the same either way
TXMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 06, 2019, 20:27   #8
Eyeguy