Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old February 18, 2020, 05:47   #1
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Pragmatic thought

Pragmatic thought is devoid of political consideration or any form of self enrichment,,, it is thought normally in pursuit of solutions of everyday and extortionary problems,,, such as the problems of President Abe Lincoln and a succession of city Marshals in Dodge City were faced with .
They dared to apply pragmatic thought,,, by force of arms they demanded compliance to the rule of law,,, asking nice didn't work no way no how, force of arms did.
The Civil War was a war over states rights and unregulated open carry were points of contention that needed pragmatic solutions,,, slavery was only part of a states right contention and not everyone could be trusted with a loaded fire arm amidst a populated area,,, that need as arisen again,,, asking real nice for compliance to the rule of law hasn't and wont work,,, pragmatic thought scares the shit out of most people,,, that's why we have are in our present day situation,,, from chaos will come some form of stability,,, whose idea of stability,,, it's a proposition that needs a pragmatic solution,,, not more political dithering.
A blind hog will find the occasional acorn.
In my opinion Bloomberg has some validity to his statement "that a zerox of most murdered and murderers would be the same in most urban locales",,, a majority of victims and perps are of the same race,,, that statement is true and racist,,, it is a observation not of my making

Last edited by martin35; February 18, 2020 at 22:16.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 09:16   #2
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
I've read that some folks like to state "Out of chaos comes order". I do not know from which spectrum of society these people come, but I thought the Law of Entropy defeated all of this foolishness as it has been proven a Brazillion times, hence it earned its status as scientific law.

The Cliff Notes version is something like "Everything (eventually) turns to shit", societies, gummints and empires included.

Jarhead
Old February 18, 2020, 10:48   #3
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Pendulums swing both ways. Gravity is only part of the drive. Were gravity the single force then equilibrium would always be achieved. It's the other forces, pushing the pendulum to the extremes, that cause it to go so far, and eventually countering forces overtake it and cause it to swing in the other, extreme, direction. So long as those extremes are encountered the pendulum continues to swing, and seems to be further and further with each stroke now.

Gravity isn't changing, the forces pushing to the extremes are. Eventually the pendulum breaks, an extreme wins for a time, and eventually a new pendulum is constructed, thus restarting the cycle. I swear I see stress fractures in the current one.
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 21:59   #4
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Pragmatic thought is a pain in the ass,,, not everyone wants to do it or is capable of the task,,, many trim the puzzle pieces to fit and call it pragmatic thought.
I would be dead many times over using that thought process, but it is the most viral mode of thought for a large part of masses and that mode of thought is the politician's meat.
Few will even try to reply to this thread,,, that is sad,,, thanks to those who did.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 14:52   #5
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
Pragmatic thought takes discipline in this modern era. Most folks won't think in terms of reality when the agenda driven talking heads hammer away endlessly during their busy day. It's much easier to delve into the world provided online or that which is offered by the entertainment industry. Peer pressure plays a big part as well. Perhaps that explains why so many young peeps become addicts even though they know what the outcome may be. Somewhere out there between pragmatism and idealism there is a sweet spot.

And I'll somewhat agree with you about the validity of Bloomberg's statement decrying perps of certain races and of certain crime areas. Yet some things just cannot be expressed publicly without creating a shit storm. Bloomberg's snobbish implications that farmers and machine operators are somehow lacking in grey matter is totally off the hook as well. My view is that he is blinded by his own self generated aura and lustful greed for more and more wealth.
Uriah Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 16:06   #6
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Pragmatic thought is a pain in the ass,,, not everyone wants to do it or is capable of the task,,, many trim the puzzle pieces to fit and call it pragmatic thought.
I would be dead many times over using that thought process, but it is the most viral mode of thought for a large part of masses and that mode of thought is the politician's meat.
Few will even try to reply to this thread,,, that is sad,,, thanks to those who did.
Oh I shouldn't reply because you won't like my answer. your pragmatic thought is tunnel vision. Yes a xerox copy from one city to another but how did it get that way and why is it every city is the same? Who controls the outcome in people's lives that can turn them to criminals? Could a man with 16 billion live with less and spend money creating a better life for people?

Yes a xerox copy created by the elite and used as a pawn to get gun controls they want. 22 trillion in debt and education is still producing xerox copies. 16 billion is a good part of that 22 trillion.
Old February 19, 2020, 17:12   #7
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Entropy = Iggerence!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 09:53   #8
Pluribus
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5600
Pragmatic thought requires logic which, requires reason. All put together though is a considerable amount of effort for the average bear.

Never hate your enemy, it only clouds your judgment.
Pluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 11:22   #9
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Bloomburg was a Republican who in the early days, sounded like V guy.

Yep, me.
Stop and Frisk, red-lining etc. Put the pressure on the problem areas of society. " OK"!! Perfect Pragmatism.

Now Bloomburg is a hypocrite, recanting to try and be elected POTUS; plus he is nearly 80 years old.

Pragmatism is practiced every day by MS-13, the Mafia, Iran, Mexican Cartels, the DNC and it involves lying, murder, theft, larceny and "the end justifies the means actions."

Law abiding pragmatism is not what we have, as we approach the abyss of chaos.

The dems cannot have total chaos until we are all disarmed, for our personal lone wolf pragmatism (safety) devolves to gun ownership and fomenting fear in any minority wanting to rob or kill us.

Life's meaning is simple; it is the The food chain/barbarism, is modified by
God's laws, common law...i.e. "the social contract."

Animal based mankind has been hindered by laws that force mankind to stop being an animal or suffer. Those laws are coming to an end in NYS, as the animals prepare for the spring offensive.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote