The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old February 16, 2020, 11:34   #1
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
To the younger single Files Members....Dating in 2020

God bless and God Speed to you guys. I'm very fortunate that part of life is in the rearview mirror as I listen to my teenage nephews and twenty somethings I work with talk about dating today.

Unfortunate tales of dating apps, girls more pre-occupied with their phones than a guy on a date, facebook antics, and yes hyper polarity in politics. Ex-boy friends that are now "BFFs" and text while you are on dates with a gal is also something I can't wrap my head around. I'm sure they are more than BFFs.

Warning signs are abundant now...too many tatoos seem to be the order of the day, but this one screams run!..Hang in there guys:

Old February 16, 2020, 11:59   #2
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Dude, I freaking can't believe the shit that's out there these days. Damn hog rings in noses, piercings, tats, stretched out ear lobes etc.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 12:39   #3
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
Was out for dinner with the woman one evening and noticed a young couple at the table across the aisle from where we were sitting. Both had their cellphones out, pecking away furiously, and not having a spoken word shared between them. Thought occurred to me that they may be having some serious phone sex later after the meal.

A summertime pleasure is to enjoy the city park down by the river and see the boaters and ships pass by. Last couple of years has been overrun by groups of young folks starring at their phones while chasing those Pokemon things on the screen. Youth of today totally reduced to unaware zombies. One can only wonder who they will vote into office.
Uriah Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 13:34   #4
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post

Is the second communist Trotsky? Or is the second one Marx and the first one is Nietzsche?

That is one stupid bitch. I doubt she could last 5 minutes under genuine communist dictatorship, i.e.: Stalin would have that tattoo of Lenin flogged off of her. Mao would have her head chopped off for having a picture of Stalin.

Brother Bubacus: Did you post the at pic on Snugbus this morning?

Jarhead
Old February 16, 2020, 13:50   #5
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah Lee View Post
Was out for dinner with the woman one evening and noticed a young couple at the table across the aisle from where we were sitting. Both had their cellphones out, pecking away furiously, and not having a spoken word shared between them. Thought occurred to me that they may be having some serious phone sex later after the meal.

A summertime pleasure is to enjoy the city park down by the river and see the boaters and ships pass by. Last couple of years has been overrun by groups of young folks starring at their phones while chasing those Pokemon things on the screen. Youth of today totally reduced to unaware zombies. One can only wonder who they will vote into office.
Welcome to the Matrix...

And, what astounds me, it that people pay to be connected to (and controlled by) it...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 14:25   #6
BarnOwlLover
Registered

FALaholic #: 81552
Don't fuckin' ask me. I'm a millennial (barely) and I don't get a lot of the shit that's going on in today's culture, let alone dating. Maybe I should be glad that I dated a girl only once (we're still good friends, just not romantically involved) and I'm still a virgin, huh?

I think the media has fucked things up with dating and such. Yeah, it'd be nice to have like what Bella and Edward had in Twilight, but wishing for such perfection (if you can call it that) is an illusion and most of us don't get that.

Hell, I watched Eye Candy back in the day when it was on MTV for a bit, and that show kinda showed the fucked up side to modern dating. In my world doing what Jake did to Lindy on that show would be a damn good way to get your ass killed, either in self-defense, retaliation, or just sent to the state penitentiary and the express lane to the gallows or the firing squad. Yeah, I get that it was a teen/YA horror show based on a teen/YA novel by RL Stine, but for a PG-13 show it was creepy as ****, when you realize that shit could happen to someone in real life.

And I think I'm fucked up for thinking that certain things are attractive and also just wanting simple romance and companionship, not the whole ******* world.
BarnOwlLover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:16   #7
Peconga
Registered

FALaholic #: 1881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post

Is the second communist Trotsky? Or is the second one Marx and the first one is Nietzsche?
L to R: Marx, Friedrich Engels, Lenin, Stalin. Let the Party begin.

No Trotsky. Probably in the kitchen getting ice.

Last edited by Peconga; February 16, 2020 at 18:25.
Peconga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:23   #8
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
That tattoo would look good on a lampshade

At least Mexican whores will keep their cell phones in their purse
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:32   #9
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
Quote:

The commies definitely got her back.
moonbat60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:40   #10
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
I always wear my chaps on the first date.

That gets the field established early.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 18:43   #11
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
It's not so bad in the 30+ range. This shit is out there don't get me wrong but real people exist too and are happy to have someone to talk to. They get better the further south you go.
Old February 16, 2020, 20:12   #12
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwlLover View Post
Don't fuckin' ask me. I'm a millennial (barely) and I don't get a lot of the shit that's going on in today's culture, let alone dating. Maybe I should be glad that I dated a girl only once (we're still good friends, just not romantically involved) and I'm still a virgin, huh?

I think the media has fucked things up with dating and such. Yeah, it'd be nice to have like what Bella and Edward had in Twilight, but wishing for such perfection (if you can call it that) is an illusion and most of us don't get that.

Hell, I watched Eye Candy back in the day when it was on MTV for a bit, and that show kinda showed the fucked up side to modern dating. In my world doing what Jake did to Lindy on that show would be a damn good way to get your ass killed, either in self-defense, retaliation, or just sent to the state penitentiary and the express lane to the gallows or the firing squad. Yeah, I get that it was a teen/YA horror show based on a teen/YA novel by RL Stine, but for a PG-13 show it was creepy as ****, when you realize that shit could happen to someone in real life.

And I think I'm fucked up for thinking that certain things are attractive and also just wanting simple romance and companionship, not the whole ******* world.
Twilight...?

Is that a TV show?

You watch TV?

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Old February 16, 2020, 20:28   #13
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Twilight...?

Is that a TV show?

You watch TV?

Just sayin'...

Forrest
QFTT. I think I saw about 15 minutes of That Girl the other night. Marlo Thomas talks and whines too much. Back then she was teh hoTT chix.

Old February 16, 2020, 21:54   #14
BarnOwlLover
Registered

Yes, I read and liked Twilight and watched the movies. At least once you read up on how Twilight vampires compare to traditional ones, they're actually bad ass compared to almost every other sub-species of vampire. Too bad that Twilight was YA/teen romance and not blood and guts action. And this is from someone who generally doesn't give a shit about pop culture most of the time. Because, well, most of it kinda sucks.

You'd probably argue that getting a $400 dollar 55 inch LG 4K TV is a waste for someone who actually doesn't watch a ton of TV. However, I love my You Tube videos (mostly gun and history stuff), I do have some stuff on Netflix, and I'm also as nearsighted as hell and tend to sit back from the TV (living room arrangement for watching TV kinds sucks), and I do watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans every year.

But yeah, I think that I'm fucked up looking at what's going on (though I should know the opposite is true). I want a girl who I can hang out with, talk to, be myself with and she can be the same with me. Not to mention that if they like getting their nails done I can do that as a bonus.
Old February 16, 2020, 21:57   #15
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

But yeah, I think that I'm fucked up looking at what's going on (though I should know the opposite is true). I want a girl who I can hang out with, talk to, be myself with and she can be the same with me. Not to mention that if they like getting their nails done I can do that as a bonus.
Dude.

Old February 16, 2020, 22:34   #16
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbat60 View Post
The commies definitely got her back.
Yeah, since that's the direction the bullet to the head usually comes from.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 23:08   #17
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Dude.
Not so sure about that.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2020, 23:24   #18
hokey45
Registered

FALaholic #: 41407
Well if there is an upside, at least the piercings, tats, weird hair, overt politics are easy to spot red flags so you don't waste time.
Old February 16, 2020, 23:31   #19
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokey45 View Post
Well if there is an upside, at least the piercings, tats, weird hair, overt politics are easy to spot red flags so you don't waste time.

Forrest
Old February 16, 2020, 23:43   #20
Doug_262
Registered

FALaholic #: 63845
Omg the tats... especially across the chest... or under them.
Doug_262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 00:14   #21
BarnOwlLover
Registered

I actually don't have a big problem with tattoos and piercings, though I like it to be kept to sane levels and tats to have a meaning sentimental to the girl who has one. I don't like having politics rammed down my throat, though.

I can tolerate a lot of shit, but outright Fascist or Communist views don't really fly with me.
Old February 17, 2020, 03:09   #22
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
It's not just phucked for the younger guys, but for the older ones too. All these young screwed in the head chicks have Mom's you know.
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 07:39   #23
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
God bless and God Speed to you guys. I'm very fortunate that part of life is in the rearview mirror as I listen to my teenage nephews and twenty somethings I work with talk about dating today.

Unfortunate tales of dating apps, girls more pre-occupied with their phones than a guy on a date, facebook antics, and yes hyper polarity in politics. Ex-boy friends that are now "BFFs" and text while you are on dates with a gal is also something I can't wrap my head around. I'm sure they are more than BFFs.

Warning signs are abundant now...too many tatoos seem to be the order of the day, but this one screams run!..Hang in there guys:

So, it is a great piece of art, despite the subject matter.

I would imagine some young twisted vet talking his way into the sack with this scumbag and opening more than just her mind. Talk about a grudge f69K.
Old February 17, 2020, 10:23   #24
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
This is nothing a belt sander won't fix.

Don't get me wrong, a properly executed and tasteful tattoo can be enhancing. I know several women who have them, a couple who have a sleeve, and the work fits their personalities and enhances their personal qualities. But on the obverse, women with too damn many piercings and jailhouse-looking tattoos just look trashy. One woman I grew up with used to be beautiful - until she fancied herself a tattoo artist for a while and used her body as a canvas. Ruined her looks. It was like taking a restored classic Corvette and slapping big rims, huge brushed aluminum letting, and fuzzy dice off the rear view mirror - just trashy.

On a related note, a good friend of mine who foresaw the vaping/CBD craze coming a few years ago and got into it early enough to make money is now looking to open a tattoo removal office. His logic is there's a glut of dumbass young people who got tattoos at an early age and while it might've been a great idea then, it's a problem now. And that's where he comes in - for a price.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 10:57   #25
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
I was rowing last summer, and a very attractive big boobed hispanic or black woman, mid 50's started hitting on me. Said she was from Puerto Rico.
She had a skinny partner who also has big boobs but who cannot speak English.

WTF?

Was she nuts? I have no interest today in a relationship. She is outta my league anyway. I have to stick to the "70 somethings", and I aint interested.

Anyway, she pestered me for about a month, flashing those big knockers on a slim frame, before she disappeared entirely from the scene.

She wanted directions, or for ME to take her to the Syracuse airport to pick "something" up; She also pestered another guy in front of me for the same thing, as if I would respond with the directions again. WTF??? SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE, especially her interest in me.

Too much mystery for me about her real intentions.

If it is too good to be true and has big boobs,......RUN.

Oh yeah, I did see her dressed in a fake, or an Auxillary Police cop uniform one day entering the "Y".

WTF??

I guess I am a target of some sort, from the Deep State. I wonder why?
Big Boobs can always get you into trouble, or dead.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 11:11   #26
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
Going rate for a green card marriage is 25k. You may have missed out on cash and some fun.
Old February 17, 2020, 11:28   #27
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
WTF? If it is too good to be true and has big boobs,......RUN. Big Boobs can always get you into trouble, or dead.
There is a well endowed lady at work, in another department. We have been circling each other for years, negotiating but have never “closed the deal” so to speak. She is bright and funny, but really pisses me off sometimes and I see a deep mean streak (think Praying Mantis). But then I think about those giant breasts and I get drawn back in.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 11:59   #28
Edgartwib
Registered

FALaholic #: 80246
Quote:
Not to mention that if they like getting their nails done I can do that as a bonus.
Why dont you give your balls a tug.

https://www.facebook.com/59154137088...3821716985740/
Edgartwib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 12:20   #29
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
There is a well endowed lady at work, in another department. We have been circling each other for years, negotiating but have never “closed the deal” so to speak. She is bright and funny, but really pisses me off sometimes and I see a deep mean streak (think Praying Mantis). But then I think about those giant breasts and I get drawn back in.

Forrest
Old February 17, 2020, 20:51   #30
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
Quote:
Some nice upper padding is nothing to frown over.....
moonbat60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2020, 21:17   #31
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Going rate for a green card marriage is 25k. You may have missed out on cash and some fun.
Not hardly

Visit gal a few times in her Country then file a K1 fiancée Visa
can get drawn out but usually well under a year
K1s are under $500 bones

more American fantasy...
sorry to burst bubbles here

Hey V, you want a well used twenty some Mex to keep the bed warm ?
applies to others here as well...
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 05:50   #32
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokey45 View Post
Few years back a buddy of mine told me that the liberal chicks were kinkier and more open minded in the sack.

I investigated.....

He was right.

Tats and such can enhance or detract, depending.
Old February 18, 2020, 07:13   #33
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Few years back a buddy of mine told me that the liberal chicks were kinkier and more open minded in the sack.

I investigated.....

He was right.
I disagree. In my experience they are continually changing positions and wanting to pull out before the job is done.
Old February 18, 2020, 07:14   #34
hokey45
Registered

FALaholic #: 41407
Hey if red flags are your thing...again a time saver
Old February 18, 2020, 09:21   #35
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
BAD IDEA. Do not shit where you eat. Only fish and bacteria do that.

Jarhead
Old February 18, 2020, 10:34   #36
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
I don't go to Kia's used car lot to buy a damned Ferrari. It's all about where you go shopping to find quality. If you do it on the average college campus these days you'll "over assume" WAAAYYY too much (gender, orientation, color???). Go where the good girls are. The ones volunteering for meaningful causes, the ones busting their azzez to work their way though school, on a degree that gets them a better job than one that requires leaving room for cream, the ones in church because they want to be there. The ones that already have meaningful careers (nurses, teachers, etc).

If you stop looking in the f'ing trash bin you might stop finding what others have already thrown away, and likely with good reason.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 10:34   #37
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
BAD IDEA. Do not shit where you eat. Only fish and bacteria do that.

Jarhead
And DI ARs...
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 11:23   #38
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhend170 View Post
And DI ARs...
Hell, that's an argument in favor, not against. I thought that we were trying to recommend against...

Forrest
Old February 18, 2020, 11:28   #39
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Valier Plame and many other good looking Russian women are successful spies, because men are so easily deceived and lead on, so dazzled are we at the boob drop.

In fact women do not even have to be spies to be successfull at it!!
Ask my ex's.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 22:36   #40
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Quote:

Looks like the girl is into us dudes with facial hair, Gonna get lucky tonight!!!
Old February 21, 2020, 22:41   #41
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
I was rowing last summer, and a very attractive big boobed hispanic or black woman, mid 50's started hitting on me. Said she was from Puerto Rico.
She had a skinny partner who also has big boobs but who cannot speak English.

WTF?

Was she nuts? I have no interest today in a relationship. She is outta my league anyway. I have to stick to the "70 somethings", and I aint interested.

Anyway, she pestered me for about a month, flashing those big knockers on a slim frame, before she disappeared entirely from the scene.

She wanted directions, or for ME to take her to the Syracuse airport to pick "something" up; She also pestered another guy in front of me for the same thing, as if I would respond with the directions again. WTF??? SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE, especially her interest in me.

Too much mystery for me about her real intentions.

If it is too good to be true and has big boobs,......RUN.

Oh yeah, I did see her dressed in a fake, or an Auxillary Police cop uniform one day entering the "Y".

WTF??

I guess I am a target of some sort, from the Deep State. I wonder why?
Big Boobs can always get you into trouble, or dead.
Sounds like she was working undercover for the vice squad. If you had stopped to help her with the directions, she'd have busted you for solicitation. Ya did good to keep on rowin'
Old February 22, 2020, 01:12   #42
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I bet she was a Deep State agent. They heard about all the leaf burning ol' Vee was doin'...and driving his loud, smoky cars!

They are onto you Guy.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2020, 01:25   #43
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
That could be her real back hair.

Something about a father that spent time in vietnam gave female offspring a strange growth of hair on her back.

I experienced a young female that had that affliction back in 1993 or abouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post
Looks like the girl is into us dudes with facial hair, Gonna get lucky tonight!!!
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2020, 13:13   #44
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
In the age of the internet, this is sad but true: