The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old February 08, 2020, 09:55   #1
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
National Drug Threat Assessment Report - Not Good

The link shitter is back. After Reviewing the national drug report as summarized by the good folks at borderline beat the story is not pretty Unless you’re a pro drug dip shit in which case this report should be very encouraging. There are drugs flooding into Oklahoma so what does our dumbass governor do, he goes after the Indian tribes to try to squeeze a little more money out of them.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/0...sment.html?m=1

Mexican TCOs: Mexican TCOs remain the greatest criminal drug threat to the United States; no other groups are currently positioned to challenge them. The Sinaloa Cartel maintains the most expansive footprint in the United States, while the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación or CJNG) has become the second-most dominant domestic presence over the past few years.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 10:02   #2
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Mexican drug cartels will soon have retail spaces at this rate. I'm sure there are many people here in the US profiting from all of this, that is why it doesn't go away.

Last edited by Bubacus; February 08, 2020 at 10:08.
Bubacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 10:10   #3
cotter
Registered

FALaholic #: 23754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
Mexican drug cartels will soon have retail spaces at this rate. I'm sure there are many people here in the US GOVERNMENT profiting from all of this, that is why it doesn't go away.
FIFY
cotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 10:15   #4
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Iff you don't want to buy a gun, then don't.

Oops. .I mean If you don't want to buy drugs, then don't.

Where is the problem? It's supply and demand working.

The problem is personal responsibility. We need to stop treating people who OD with taxpayer money. Let them enjoy the consequences of their choices.

The demand will diminish exponentially.
Old February 08, 2020, 10:47   #5
Registered

I have presented the latest info. If it doesn’t fit your perspective I cold care less.
Old February 08, 2020, 10:50   #6
Registered

An alarming trend is the increasing presence of Asian MLOs engaged in the laundering of drug proceeds on behalf of the Mexican TCOs. This trend is a result of the imposition of a cap by the Government of China on foreign exchange transactions ($50,000/year) and overseas withdrawals on Chinese bank issued credit and debit cards ($15,000/year). The demand of Chinese nationals to transfer their wealth outside of China and into the United States has fueled the demand for U.S. dollars.
Old February 08, 2020, 11:05   #7
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Iff you don't want to buy a gun, then don't.

Oops. .I mean If you don't want to buy drugs, then don't.

Where is the problem? It's supply and demand working.

The problem is personal responsibility. We need to stop treating people who OD with taxpayer money. Let them enjoy the consequences of their choices.

The demand will diminish exponentially.
Hard to argue with this. It's Darwinian.

That said, methamphetamine is a chemical weapon as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who makes it or transports it here is committing an act of war. Long ago, the Chinese thought opium fell into that category as well.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 11:16   #8
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
I have presented the latest info. If it doesn’t fit your perspective I cold care less.
So you are link shitting. . . . Again.

Post reported.
Old February 08, 2020, 11:27   #9
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Hard to argue with this. It's Darwinian.

That said, methamphetamine is a chemical weapon as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who makes it or transports it here is committing an act of war. Long ago, the Chinese thought opium fell into that category as well.
An act of war against who?

The problem is not drugs, the problem is sympathy for those who abuse drugs. When we as a society simply let them die, the "problem" becomes self-limiting.

There will always be people looking for an escape from reality. The "problem" is created by government restricting access to a product in demand. With that restriction comes a motivation for black market.

Colonists smuggled tea to avoid the British tax. Even when the crown subsidized BEIC tea, so even with the tax it was cheaper than smuggled tea; many colonists still preferred the slightly more expensive smuggled tea on the principle of rejecting the tax. It's one of the few examples I can think of where ideology tweaked an otherwise economic decision.

With the black market comes a desire to increase profit by decreasing costs - and with no market "branding" or quality standards, the quality of the product decreases.

One should be able to buy cocaine or a machinegun over the counter at Walmart with no regulation, and a reasonable expectation of "as advertised" quality for either inanimate object.

Sure - some people will behave badly with either product. Regulate their public behavior, not the object.
Old February 08, 2020, 12:36   #10
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
An act of war against who?

The problem is not drugs, the problem is sympathy for those who abuse drugs. When we as a society simply let them die, the "problem" becomes self-limiting.

There will always be people looking for an escape from reality. The "problem" is created by government restricting access to a product in demand. With that restriction comes a motivation for black market.

Colonists smuggled tea to avoid the British tax. Even when the crown subsidized BEIC tea, so even with the tax it was cheaper than smuggled tea; many colonists still preferred the slightly more expensive smuggled tea on the principle of rejecting the tax. It's one of the few examples I can think of where ideology tweaked an otherwise economic decision.

With the black market comes a desire to increase profit by decreasing costs - and with no market "branding" or quality standards, the quality of the product decreases.

One should be able to buy cocaine or a machinegun over the counter at Walmart with no regulation, and a reasonable expectation of "as advertised" quality for either inanimate object.

Sure - some people will behave badly with either product. Regulate their public behavior, not the object.
Except methamphetamine doesn't kill you for a long time. It turns you into a psychotic shell with little hope of recovery. It does kill a few, and destroys almost everyone who gets involved though. Some drugs really are worse than others.
Old February 08, 2020, 12:44   #11
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Except methamphetamine doesn't kill you for a long time. It turns you into a psychotic shell with little hope of recovery. It does kill a few, and destroys almost everyone who gets involved though. Some drugs really are worse than others.
I don't think this invalidates any of Marks' observations. If anything, it reinforces them. Any meth head who breaks into my house, or assaults a member of my family or myself, etc, etc, is not going to take a long time to die. I think most here would feel the same.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 17:37   #12
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Ironic...too much of the bad sort of drugs,while we experience shortages of the variety that benefit our society. I'm no fan of drugs of any sort,but sometimes,they are necessary.
I can't believe how dependant we have become upon china,for our pharma stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5cnm-RAC4
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 17:44   #13
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Ironic...too much of the bad sort of drugs,while we experience shortages of the variety that benefit our society. I'm no fan of drugs of any sort,but sometimes,they are necessary.
I can't believe how dependant we have become upon china,for our pharma stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5cnm-RAC4
I dare you to find anything on prescription box or the enclosure that says the country of origin on many drugs. Only the distributor. I found that odd. I do have a bottle of allergy pills that are made in India. Man that's some comforting shit there.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2020, 19:44   #14
CG&L
Registered

FALaholic #: 27951
Here, most people cook their own meth and prescription drugs are a huge problem. You could cut out all the imported stuff and there would still be a big problem with what's domestically available.

And as it's always been, alcohol is still the #1 most abused drug causing most of the problems.
Old February 08, 2020, 20:47   #15
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor

WWII was fought on methamphetimine.
Old February 08, 2020, 20:48   #16
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor

Hitler was a meth addict.
Old February 10, 2020, 07:16   #17
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
The link shitter is back. After Reviewing the national drug report as summarized by the good folks at borderline beat the story is not pretty Unless you’re a pro drug dip shit in which case this report should be very encouraging. There are drugs flooding into Oklahoma so what does our dumbass governor(the second Native Governor Oklahoma has had) do, he goes after the Indian tribes to try to squeeze a little more money out of them.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/0...sment.html?m=1

Mexican TCOs: Mexican TCOs remain the greatest criminal drug threat to the United States; no other groups are currently positioned to challenge them. The Sinaloa Cartel maintains the most expansive footprint in the United States, while the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación or CJNG) has become the second-most dominant domestic presence over the past few years.

Why do you support the government dictating what men can buy and sell?
I'm startin' to think you were a good fit for New Mexico....Taos is pretty.

GP, as he often does - nails this.
Old February 10, 2020, 08:40   #18
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Oh I don't know but it's just my opinion ya'll are missing the truth but it really doesn't matter I guess because you can't change things. You will live with the problem. The problem is the culture and society drive, entice, lure people to drugs. They create a mindset in weak minded people that tells them they would rather be on drugs than living in this world sober minded.

It's the world created for you and you will blame your neighbor for his weakness rather than blame those who destroy the culture.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2020, 09:37   #19
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Freedom and responsibility on the individual. Not that complicated.

Smokers get COPD, alcoholics, drug addicts...broken lives.

Darwin wins in the end.
Old February 10, 2020, 09:43   #20
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
I've never figured out what possesses someone to want to try hard drugs. Anyone with half a brain whose graduated high school in the last 30 years knows that stuff isn't good for you and it never ends well. Why anyone would think they're smarter than that is beyond me.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2020, 09:55   #21
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Freedom and responsibility on the individual. Not that complicated.

Smokers get COPD, alcoholics, drug addicts...broken lives.

Darwin wins in the end.
Oh I don't know. Do you think when the culture forces both parents to work and their kid is put under peer pressure to do drugs that it's freedom?

A lot of the kids I went to school with did drugs, it was the popular thing to do, part of the culture created by your peers. When I got out of school and worked construction you didn't work if you didn't drink with the crew. It was the culture in those days.

The results are obvious to the point that the culture is driving people to escape this world. Drug addicts are slow suicides, people who hate the culture they are forced to live in.

It's just my opinion that freedom and responsibilitie isn't being taught in schools and young people really don't have a good chance to avoid the drug scourge and peer pressure. It's by design my cynical nature tells me.

One last point and I will leave you be. Good friend was very healthy and had a good job, great wife and two wonderful kids. He was doing everything right and was sure to be a sucess. Very smart guy and got promoted to run a store. He was driving home after a visit and was killed by freedom loving drunk driving illegals along with his wife.

That wasn't Darwin winning.
Old February 10, 2020, 11:59   #22
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Oh I don't know. Do you think when the culture forces both parents to work and their kid is put under peer pressure to do drugs that it's freedom?

The culture forced...victim mentality

A lot of the kids I went to school with did drugs, it was the popular thing to do, part of the culture created by your peers. When I got out of school and worked construction you didn't work if you didn't drink with the crew. It was the culture in those days.

Not my experience, maybe you picked a poor employer?

The results are obvious to the point that the culture is driving people to escape this world. Drug addicts are slow suicides, people who hate the culture they are forced to live in.

Then why am I sitting here stone-cold sober? You think my life has been roses and sunshine? More victim mentality.

It's just my opinion that freedom and responsibilitie isn't being taught in schools and young people really don't have a good chance to avoid the drug scourge and peer pressure. It's by design my cynical nature tells me.

Seriously "don't have a good chance"? C'mon. Look at the honor students, the successes.

One last point and I will leave you be. Good friend was very healthy and had a good job, great wife and two wonderful kids. He was doing everything right and was sure to be a sucess. Very smart guy and got promoted to run a store. He was driving home after a visit and was killed by freedom loving drunk driving illegals along with his wife.

So - #1, illegals shouldn't be driving, #2 - drunk driving itself is illegal. Your anecdote has zero to do with the subject at hand.

That wasn't Darwin winning.
Equating an illegal alien breaking a couple laws has exactly what to do with importation of drugs?

If any point is to be made, you illustrated that even though laws are on the books, DUI roadblocks, all kinds of government sanctioned BS to prevent drunk driving - a tragedy still occurred.
Old February 10, 2020, 12:07   #23
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Freedom is messy.
Old February 10, 2020, 12:21   #24
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Equating an illegal alien breaking a couple laws has exactly what to do with importation of drugs?

Are you on drugs when you wrote that? Come on Ted really?

If any point is to be made, you illustrated that even though laws are on the books, DUI roadblocks, all kinds of government sanctioned BS to prevent drunk driving - a tragedy still occurred.
What I have pointed out is how easy it is to get and do drugs and alcohol. Folks want the freedom and I am all for freedom too but if you harm anyone with your freedom then you should pay the same price you put them through. If you killed someone while you drove drunk then you should die. If you harmed someone then you should pay for the rest of your life until restitution is made.

However we know those things won't happen or it may stop some of the drug trade. If user knew there was going to be a big penalty then the smart ones wouldn't take chances with the lives of others.

Do you drive drunk Ted? Do you risk it after you get drunk?
Old February 10, 2020, 12:31   #25
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Freedom is messy.
There is no freedom in this culture created for us by criminals. The mess is someone's making and I don't believe people want to live in this mess. However it won't change in our lifetime so we will learn to live with it.
Old February 10, 2020, 12:49   #26
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
What I have pointed out is how easy it is to get and use assault weapons. Folks want the freedom and I am all for freedom too but if you harm anyone with your freedom then you should pay the same price you put them through. If you killed someone while shooting then you should die. If you harmed someone then you should pay for the rest of your life until restitution is made.

However we know those things won't happen or it may stop some of the gun trade. If user knew there was going to be a big penalty then the smart ones wouldn't take chances with the lives of others.

Do you drive drunk Ted? Do you risk it after you get drunk?
I don't drink, do drugs, gamble or watch football.

As most here know, my oldest son killed himself in 2017. He was an opiate addict. Brought up in a Christian home - absolutely no nonsense, middle-class with married parents.

I hate it with every particle of my being. My fking eyes hurt most days because I still cry like a baby over it, often.

No law prevented it. The sellers of his preferred drug are licensed and protected by the United States government. It was his choice to start, it was his choice to die rather than live sober.

At least he was free, and made his own choices.
Old February 10, 2020, 13:34   #27
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
I don't drink, do drugs, gamble or watch football.

As most here know, my oldest son killed himself in 2017. He was an opiate addict. Brought up in a Christian home - absolutely no nonsense, middle-class with married parents.

I hate it with every particle of my being. My fking eyes hurt most days because I still cry like a baby over it, often.

No law prevented it. The sellers of his preferred drug are licensed and protected by the United States government. It was his choice to start, it was his choice to die rather than live sober.

At least he was free, and made his own choices.
Sorry for your loss but addiction isn't freedom, it's a slavery only death takes away. My oldest brother was 12 years older than me and died at 36 from drug addiction. My wife of over 40 years died of tobacco addiction. My best friend for many years died from alcohol.

Everyone gets started down the path for one reason or another but by their friends. Who else could talk you into doing stupid things. It's the culture and we won't change it because we can't but it should change. Too many good people are lost to us.
Old February 10, 2020, 13:38   #28
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Sorry for your loss but addiction isn't freedom, it's a slavery only death takes away. My oldest brother was 12 years older than me and died at 36 from drug addiction. My wife of over 40 years died of tobacco addiction. My best friend for many years died from alcohol.

Everyone gets started down the path for one reason or another but by their friends. Who else could talk you into doing stupid things. It's the culture and we won't change it because we can't but it should change. Too many good people are lost to us.
Humans make bad choices, that's just life.

Getting the government to intervene only makes things worse.
Addiction isn't freedom, that is 100% correct. One forges his own fetters.
Old February 10, 2020, 14:22   #29
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Humans make bad choices, that's just life.

Getting the government to intervene only makes things worse.
Addiction isn't freedom, that is 100% correct. One forges his own fetters.
Government will intervene but only to take over sales to the addicts. Just like booze the government will get their share of the action. They are the cause of our failing culture.
Old February 12, 2020, 06:15   #30
swerina
Registered

FALaholic #: 82745
Drugs have been trying to fight for many years and someone is leading this fight and has a lot of income from it.
swerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2020, 06:17   #31
swerina
Registered

FALaholic #: 82745
People need to learn how to think with their own heads and make decisions. Now many people know about the dangers of smoking.

Last edited by swerina; February 12, 2020 at 07:25.
swerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2020, 09:44   #32
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
Quote:
Freedom is messy.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerina View Post
People need to learn how to think with their own heads and make decisions. Now many people know about the dangers of smoking.
I'm not sure I understand why people take up smoking nowadays, either. It's fairly widely known that it's addictive and isn't good for you.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2020, 23:20   #33
Registered

Cartels are involved in slavery, loan sharking, murder, drugs, identity theft, prostitution, stolen cars, blackmail, kidnapping, poaching, and lots of other stuff. Time to declare them terrorist organizations. Hooking more kids on drugs is good biz practice. For cartels. For kids its hell. And their families.
But it looks like utah will legalize polygamy. More perversion.