The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old November 05, 2019, 18:12   #51
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
GP, 2bare, Sig and Andy pretty much sum it up.

I have always been treated well by folks here. I have found, either through personal experience or observation, that communications - PROACTIVE communications - prevent or solve most problems. Folks here will give a LOT of benefit of the doubt if you are up front. That said, there is a limited window of opportunity before talk will start to sound like excuses. Looks like Lear has no shortage of the latter.

Quote[ "Oh and Mark, GFY. You've never had a negative dealing with me and, in fact, you are widely disliked among the FAL world due to how long you take to return people's rifles and just being an arrogant ass. There's entire FB threads about you and how long you take to get people's rifles back to them." ]endquote

And yet I venture to say that the vast majority of those folks were informed of the wait time at the outset. Mark has often stopped accepting new orders because of in house workload. I've known a lot of folks who have had Mark work on rifles for them and while some might have LIKED a quicker turnaround, none of them have regretted the time investment vis a vis the finished product. Keeping in mind the up front comms and certainty of not only receiving the product, but also getting an exceptional one, I would have to say your argument is apples vs oranges - maybe even sour grapes ?

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2019, 19:43   #52
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
GP, 2bare, Sig and Andy pretty much sum it up.

I have always been treated well by folks here. I have found, either through personal experience or observation, that communications - PROACTIVE communications - prevent or solve most problems. Folks here will give a LOT of benefit of the doubt if you are up front. That said, there is a limited window of opportunity before talk will start to sound like excuses. Looks like Lear has no shortage of the latter.

Quote[ "Oh and Mark, GFY. You've never had a negative dealing with me and, in fact, you are widely disliked among the FAL world due to how long you take to return people's rifles and just being an arrogant ass. There's entire FB threads about you and how long you take to get people's rifles back to them." ]endquote

And yet I venture to say that the vast majority of those folks were informed of the wait time at the outset. Mark has often stopped accepting new orders because of in house workload. I've known a lot of folks who have had Mark work on rifles for them and while some might have LIKED a quicker turnaround, none of them have regretted the time investment vis a vis the finished product. Keeping in mind the up front comms and certainty of not only receiving the product, but also getting an exceptional one, I would have to say your argument is apples vs oranges - maybe even sour grapes ?
+1. As usual, Jim hits the nail on the head here IMO.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2019, 21:24   #53
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
+1. As usual, Jim hits the nail on the head here IMO.
dunno' this entire thread started over a huge pussy farting contest between Cops

I have bought from both Lear & George
both were exemplary, there is no reason for the dickhead dogpile
I can't say anything bad about either
Lear states the parts are in transit, I believe they are
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2019, 22:01   #54
Arby
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
I have bought from both Lear & George
both were exemplary, there is no reason for the dickhead dogpile
I can't say anything bad about either
This isn't about your purported experiences. Lear 70 has his own negative history going back quite a bit prior to this thread. Lots of excuses, lots of whining about how hard his life is.
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 00:00   #55
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
This isn't about your purported experiences. Lear 70 has his own negative history going back quite a bit prior to this thread. Lots of excuses, lots of whining about how hard his life is.
true enough from a few panty waist types who demand things yesterday
you do make a decent point though, excuses can only go on so long before they assume a pattern

as far as my "purported" experiences
ask either of them if I bought from them you silly cocksucker
I have
bought a wonderful under cost L1 barrel from George, some bits from Lear
what's so impossible to believe about that ?
shit you piece of trash not knowing what G was short I even offered to sell him my bits at cost + shipping if he had a build to be done for a customer/buddy
all he stated was "adapter", I have the para stock adapters but he needed the ones to make the Grenidier top covers para capable which I didn't possess

I have strong bones you are rather young Arby, no clue how long time frames from outfits like Numrich used to be
it was weeks dumdum

SARCO crowd financed imports all the time, Cholly was infamous for it but you were likely pissing your short pants back then. They were still doing it in the 90s asshat

I am always amazed by people like you that won't even wince about buying something from a corp like Apex but then expect others to provide detailed pix of a damn screw
Get over yourself
Old November 06, 2019, 05:34   #56
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:

Yeah, I thought it was so weak (desperate?) as to be undeserving of a repartee or even a bitch-slap. The back of my hand is still sore from slapping RSS around.

But yeah, it's not just apples to oranges. It's disingenuous. Which shouldn't surprise anyone as Lear70 is always making deflections, obfuscating, and crying and whining like a little bitch. The one thing we have no reason to expect, as there is no history of it, is straight talk.

Most of the orders on my website ship next business day. But then I don't advertise items for sale that are not physically in my possession and ready to ship. That would be dishonest. Occasionally, 2-3 business days, if I need to change a finish from Park to black. In which case I just send the customer an e-mail that says so.

Custom build orders? I've got over 40 in the shop right now and my best guess right now is 3 months. And payment isn't required until the work is done.
Haven't accepting anything other than FALs for the last 2-1/2 years and generally have 40-50 people waiting in line.
Because I'm that awesome. But if one of them says "hey, tired of waiting, send it back", I'll gladly do so.

Quote:
cocksucker
And RSS goes homo erotic in 3, 2, oops- he's already there.

Last edited by gunplumber; November 06, 2019 at 05:50.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 05:34   #57
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
When I lived in teh Roman Empire, mail went by donkey cart both ways.
Old November 06, 2019, 08:11   #58
Arby
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:
you silly cocksucker

you piece of trash

dumdum

asshat
Mr. "Keeping It Cool" has once again lost his cool. He becomes unhinged so easily.
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 08:33   #59
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
“Keeping it Fool”

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 20:28   #60
nwobhm
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FALaholic #: 9580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear70 View Post
This guy is getting his parts in about 48 hours.
the gman, It's been about 48 hours. Have you received your parts?
nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2019, 22:00   #61
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Contrary to Richard Murphy's assertions, I have posted every bit of correspondence we had concerning this matter. I do not tell lies. I really appreciate the comments regarding my suitability for my profession and if he chooses to, I will gladly send him my LT, my Captain, my Undersheriff and my Sheriff's personal cell phone numbers. I will also provide them with copies of this thread as I have absolutely nothing to hide and my comments are nothing more than righteous indignation. Blackmail only works on those not willing to call you on your bullshit.

Mr. Murphy was but a short step away from having an arrest warrant for fraud issued for him out of the local courts here in NM. Sure, it wouldn't have been extraditable but it would have been listed in NCIC and would have shown up on every traffic stop and background check that was ever run on him. It was only because I had been away recently that I did not make the complaint. My wife also has family in LE close to Hendersonville TN that would have gladly served the civil paperwork if it were needed. More unnecessary bluster from him.

I have been away in Moab, UT for the last 5 days filming a pilot show which hopefully will get picked up by History Channel but we shall see. I did indeed receive 4 adapters today which was one less than I paid for. I contacted Mr. Murphy and he refunded the remaining $25 via PayPal. He apologized for the inconvenience so the matter is closed to my satisfaction.

It's probably best he get out of the parts business as if, as it appears, he is so incompetent as to lose parts he had made and take months to replace them while attempting to blame the customer for his incompetence.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 10:28   #62
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
When Lear 70 was selling small adapters and said straight up in his threads part was developed, had a picture of his prototype and said would go into production once he received "x" number of orders to warrant tooling up and doing a production run. I had no problem with that and twice had a successful tranzactions where he produced and shipped parts in time frame promised. But reading this thread is disturbing as have total respect and trust for the G-Man and lean on him for good advice.

I get behind, sometimes way behind, on work in my business. A of my clients know this going in and if have a hard deadline I make it happen. 70% of work is completed in very timely manner and 20% runs over my normal turn around where the clients are informed am behind and which of their orders is highest priority where we begin working based on clients needs rather than date order came in. Then there is 10% of our work where circumstances like backordered materials, health issues or family emergency throw us behind.

Right now have a job that has 23K gold leaf and after ordering my leaf the client changed size of sign increasing square footage from 32 sq/ft to 48 sq/ft and supplier has no Italian gold in stock to ship until they get resupplied from Italian gold beaters. If use leaf from any other manufacturer even if it's 23K will not match and job will not meet my standard of quality. Also we use 2X double thickness leaf which is even rarer as people don't want to buy double the weight in gold to cover the same area but reason client chose us though highest bidder when looking at different shops work others gold that was outside over a few years was already dull and even worn till background color was showing through thin spots in gold.

When they increased size initially told them would not be an issue. When case my gold vendor to discover they were at least a month out from getting g any 23K 2X gold leaf as manufacturer in Idaho was going to have to hammer it out and required I buy an entire box which is three times what I need to doe the entire job. Told client could provide sign on time to original specifications or wait till some very skilled Italians got in the mood to hammer out a special order of 2X thickness gold leaf. They said would wait patiently as wanted it the bigger size and I will actually break even due to purchase of extra gold but will have enough in vault for next three or more gold leaf jobs.

I email them a copy of my weekly update on expected ship date from gold importer (last U.S. gold beater closed up shop) which keeps them happy as change in specs was their decision. When holding a large down payment (or small) client deserves regular polite communication. On small jobs we never get a deposit but anything super custom or for client never done business with get 50% on order and collect rest upon delivery. Crowd funding should be 100% in bold print when selling items and have considered doing a couple items myself but like at real job do 50% deposit. Hated to see this get so nasty as it's one more vendor will have to be leary of.

Edit: spell check changed Italy to Idaho in one spot.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat

Last edited by hueyville; November 08, 2019 at 11:44.
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 14:56   #63
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3008 View Post
I always appreciate how quick you get my stuff out Mark. I know when I order something I can count on it being here in a couple days.
If more businesses used ARS as a shipping standard the world would be a better place...
Old November 07, 2019, 15:20   #64
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
Dang! Mebs and I cannot even get a quote or nothin'. Not even a laugh emoji. Nothin'......I'm almost tired of tryin'.

Glad you got some of your parts, g man

Leland
FUUN063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 16:34   #65
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
If more businesses used ARS as a shipping standard the world would be a better place...
and if more businesses spouted off as he does they would fail

picture him selling you say, a car, even frozen pizza
while I'd walk away I know a bunch of people who will punch him straight in the face here
Old November 07, 2019, 16:35   #66
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
When Lear 70 was selling small adapters and said straight up in his threads part was developed, had a picture of his prototype and said would go into production once he received "x" number of orders to warrant tooling up and doing a production run. I had no problem with that and twice had a successful tranzactions where he produced and shipped parts in time frame promised. But reading this thread is disturbing as have total respect and trust for the G-Man and lean on him for good advice.

I get behind, sometimes way behind, on work in my business. A of my clients know this going in and if have a hard deadline I make it happen. 70% of work is completed in very timely manner and 20% runs over my normal turn around where the clients are informed am behind and which of their orders is highest priority where we begin working based on clients needs rather than date order came in. Then there is 10% of our work where circumstances like backordered materials, health issues or family emergency throw us behind.

Right now have a job that has 23K gold leaf and after ordering my leaf the client changed size of sign increasing square footage from 32 sq/ft to 48 sq/ft and supplier has no Italian gold in stock to ship until they get resupplied from Italian gold beaters. If use leaf from any other manufacturer even if it's 23K will not match and job will not meet my standard of quality. Also we use 2X double thickness leaf which is even rarer as people don't want to buy double the weight in gold to cover the same area but reason client chose us though highest bidder when looking at different shops work others gold that was outside over a few years was already dull and even worn till background color was showing through thin spots in gold.

When they increased size initially told them would not be an issue. When case my gold vendor to discover they were at least a month out from getting g any 23K 2X gold leaf as manufacturer in Idaho was going to have to hammer it out and required I buy an entire box which is three times what I need to doe the entire job. Told client could provide sign on time to original specifications or wait till some very skilled Italians got in the mood to hammer out a special order of 2X thickness gold leaf. They said would wait patiently as wanted it the bigger size and I will actually break even due to purchase of extra gold but will have enough in vault for next three or more gold leaf jobs.

I email them a copy of my weekly update on expected ship date from gold importer (last U.S. gold beater closed up shop) which keeps them happy as change in specs was their decision. When holding a large down payment (or small) client deserves regular polite communication. On small jobs we never get a deposit but anything super custom or for client never done business with get 50% on order and collect rest upon delivery. Crowd funding should be 100% in bold print when selling items and have considered doing a couple items myself but like at real job do 50% deposit. Hated to see this get so nasty as it's one more vendor will have to be leary of.
I'm inserting one last post on this matter, I consider it like George closed

you hit on one great point
the differences between doing something as business versus hobby
some in this thread are doing things purely as business
with Lear it was a part time gig

In my experience that often expands response as well as other time frames
it's not like ordering from Midway nor should we expect it to be so

Gunsmiths kinda get my goat on these matters
I have a #1 Remington Rolling Block I sent out over two years ago with an original NOS barrel ready to screw in that action. Just pull the old one and install the one I included. Old smith, one of the few I trust to do it right and reasonable, he's just over booked and mostly retired.
Came in a couple weeks ago, perfect install for well under $200 including fitting a blank extractor and fitting up the sites. Tedious business compared to FAL builds. I'm happy as a pig in shit.
again, he's retired...it's a favor when he does things for me with an open ended timeframe. That's different than full time folks who do less asking more money for similar timeframes however I get that too
Some of the better of them are really slammed with backlogs

I'm done with debating crap here, it's akin to rolling with pigs in their own shit
Old November 07, 2019, 16:55   #67
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
and if more businesses spouted off as he does they would fail
Bitchslapping your lying ass is a public service. If more did it, maybe we'd have less pathological liars like you spinning your bullshit stories. I've been telling it like it is for 30 years. Some find it refreshing.

Quote:
while I'd walk away I know a bunch of people who will punch him straight in the face here
Gee - I thought you were the tough guy always punching out those you didn't like. Let me guess though, you always made sure the odds were in your favor, first. Because really, you're a pussy. A dried out husk of irrelevancy.
Old November 07, 2019, 19:05   #68
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Bitchslapping your lying ass is a public service. If more did it, maybe we'd have less pathological liars like you spinning your bullshit stories. I've been telling it like it is for 30 years. Some find it refreshing.

Gee - I thought you were the tough guy always punching out those you didn't like. Let me guess though, you always made sure the odds were in your favor, first. Because really, you're a pussy. A dried out husk of irrelevancy.
refreshing ?
honestly many find it annoying, not me but many others Mark. You much like myself are not very popular. As a fellow dickhead I'm Okay with you even when you are wrong. You always bring a smile buddy.

Sure, years ago I was somewhat of a force to be reckoned with
same deal with you
and yes, what person does not make certain odds are in their favor first Fool
Is not that not the first rule of operations ?
would I risk my family to make some point...
likely not, will you ?
many of my examplars happened over thirty years ago

I'm old, bordering on too old to be any sort of effective anymore
We have 70 year olds thinking they can be effective in the field here
that's a serious fantasy
maybe on high ground with optics and distance
anything else you better have major advantage, the kind you in your idiot attitude is somehow "unfair"

there are no rules Mark
just winning or losing

want to continue this, take it downstairs to the basement or keep it Ghey up here where I won't respond. I'm fully done with your spew in public.

Last edited by Riversidesports; November 07, 2019 at 19:11.
Old November 07, 2019, 20:11   #69
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
Isn't it about time to pull this thread off of life support.
gentlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 20:58   #70
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanjoe View Post
Isn't it about time to pull RSS off of life support.
FIFY
Old November 07, 2019, 22:05   #71
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
FIFY
FTW.....

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2019, 22:16   #72
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
and if more businesses spouted off as he does they would fail...
Yet, he thrives....

Bless your silly little heart for posting such a stupid response....

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 12:36   #73
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
We all know I am an @$$ but have some jos where clients were told up front it may be two months or two years before it can be worked into the schedule. My issue is getting skilled labor for the fabrication of jobs after I meet client, design and price job then hand off the laborder intensive work to hired hands then once fabricked I do final technical work and Q.C. before schedule for installation. Last 26 people hired under age of 35 in about a 30 month period didn't last a week. Longesthe made it four days. He was 32 years old, had done three tours in middle east with Marine Corp then worked as lead climbe on a cell crew.

Agreed to start him at $18 per hour for two weeks, if still with me raise to $22 per hour then at six week mark to $25. After that he could make as much as he wanted based on output. I have titanium leg, broken spine in three places, cancer survivor and more issues but on Thursday of first week he told me if I expected him to work as hard as I do he needed $25 per hour first week. Plan was he worked with me on the road week one and week two put him out by himself and see how many job sites he averaged per day. He just vapor locked and went back to his parents basement and sent his mommy to pick up his check and didn't even call me to say would not come in Friday or even answer phone when called him at 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30 to see if had a break down or issue as I already had our days work loaded on truck by 7:30.

I now have three part time employees. One is 56, another 65 and last is 76. My machinist dying ruined a big slice of our work and he was still working in his 80's. When he didn't show up knew something bad was wrong. I wI'll pay a hand silly money after they prove they are motivated and profitable, not texting all day. Issue is my old crew are all part time due to health issues like me (out of work today recovering from nerve block in spine yesterday and procedure with neurologist at 4:00 on Wednesday so able to still work most of the day. None work a full week and two only work two days back to back occasionally. But all can out work most millenials for the time they are in the building.

My rfile smith retired at 70. He was so overwhelmed with calls his son a full time machinist quit his job and his dad has been training him to carry on the family turn bolt business. The son has caught on quickly as helped his dad on evenings and weekends for twenty plus years before dad retired but son is 50 so hopefully he will be working as l Ion as I need custom bolt action work. My guess is GP and others are in same boat a lot of us are in. If hires help then would spend most of their time fixing employees mistakes that cost reputation for quality. I had to choose, turn out cap in volume or quality at best speed possible which at times is very slow.

Up till 2007 could keep a decent crew. After crash of 2008 the white kids and Mexicans discovered Uncle Sugar would pay them to stay at home rather than go to work as other minorities had already discovered. Entitled whit kids realized parents finished basement or guest house for free was better than a job. Last I heard U.S. has 1.5 million million open jobs which is more than in the unemployment system. We need a good immigration policy where I can sponsor someone willing to work to immigrate if I keep them busy and paid. House next door to my business is for sale and offered to buy it and let my last full time employee live in it for free as a bonus to stay. Issue was he and his old lady had three kids and we're not legally married so she got all the benefits of a single mother with three kids and he was getting hammered from his perspective on taxes. Left me for a job that paid $5 less per hour but was paid cash so didn't have to pay taxes.

Running a quality minded small business is difficult to forsee future work flow. Working a full time job then running a side business where does your allegiance lie? Miss work and lose job to get promised side work out or leave side jobs hanging till have time to fool with them? I closed a successful outdoor retail store as it was eating too much of my primary businesses time and could not do both to a reasonable standard. Am sitting on two FAL parts opportunities but to do them right need to pull $50,000 from savings to have parts made and then hope they sell. Tried the crowd sourcing and it became too complicated too quick and never took a dime from anyone to do it that way. If don't have the resources to finance a business then you don't have any business in business. Taking people's mone and not delivering is a sure reputation killer.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2019, 16:36   #74
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Hueyville Distilled:

The First Rule of Work Club is: Show up for work; The Second Rule of Work Club is: Show up for work; The Third Rule of Work Club is: No Members under 35 years of age.

Last edited by pistolero1911; November 09, 2019 at 08:01.
pistolero1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2019, 06:00   #75
Sh3008
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
That’s a fact!
Old November 11, 2019, 10:12   #76
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
My wife runs an online business "for fun." She truly enjoys it, and the fact that it makes the mortgage every month is quite nice. However, she gets her frustrations with customer interactions as well, but when she does she brings me the entire saga, essentially asking if her reaction was appropriate, before actually acting on it. Complaints like "the item doesn't fit on me like it does the mannequin" or "the color is actually really dark blue and not black when in the sun" are where I call the customers idiots and deem her response appropriate. However, by playing customer's advocate, she can come to see through my explanations that occasionally the customer IS right, and their anger not completely misplaced.

In every case, however, it was communication that mattered most. If she screwed up, the client messaged her, she responded, most times it was worked out because of the comms and the appearance to want to make things right. I told her excuses behind a keyboard are hollow at best, and often disingenuous at worst. It's easier to refund money and wash your hands of something than spend hours making excuses or lies, especially in a digital footprint world. Fortunately she's honest to a fault, but the sentiment still applies.

Ultimately what it comes down to is why make so much trouble for yourself over such a small amount of money? Buy your name and reputation back over a hundred bucks by simply refunding the money. Why ruin what you consider fun over so little? You've let a bit over $100 destroy your will to do something you apparently enjoyed doing? I'm guessing you've been thinking about quitting anyway and this gives you the excuse. As to the customer, they are customers. Your motivation for running a business, however small, is not their concern. It is the ability to create products that are solutions to problems the customer has. That is the customer's concern, the problem they are attempting to fix. When you take money, however little, but leave the customer with the same problem they had will typically create anger, ESPECIALLY when you choose to not communicate. Those excuses are assumed legit, then repeat excuses are assumed disingenuous. Once you've "gone there" only product or refund will buy back your reputation.

Few people want to blow up sellers because we all know life happens. It wasn't like this was brought to the public 2 weeks into the ordeal. When you go into months before you're blasted, again over so little money, you have very little to stand on at that point, and complaining about dusty inventory isn't the problem the guy buying from you is trying to fix. By that point you're just another retailer, and can be expected to be treated as such. I'm sorry about your loved ones. I'm sorry about your injury and your surgeries and your recovery time, and I pray that you heal up both physically and emotionally, but at some point you have to man up, tell the customer, "I'm sorry, I'm dealing with a lot of unforeseen $#!+ right now, here's your money back, I'll contact you if and when I can get you taken care of, have a nice day." and be done with it. Had that happened do you think we'd be reading this airing of grievances now?
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2019, 10:21   #77
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
^^^Exceptionally well said.^^^

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2019, 10:27   #78
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhend170 View Post
I'm sorry about your injury and your surgeries and your recovery time, and I pray that you heal up both physically and emotionally, but at some point you have to man up, tell the customer, "I'm sorry, I'm dealing with a lot of unforeseen $#!+ right now, here's your money back, I'll contact you if and when I can get you taken care of, have a nice day." and be done with it. Had that happened do you think we'd be reading this airing of grievances now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
^^^Exceptionally well said.^^^
To echo Tuhlman, yes well said indeed.
Old November 11, 2019, 11:16   #79
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
To echo Tuhlman, yes well said indeed.
Yes, I have to agree with Mike. A tip o' my hat to jhend170!

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2019, 13:59   #80
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
I'm inserting one last post on this matter, I consider it like George closed

I'm done with debating crap here, it's akin to rolling with pigs in their own shit
And yet, 13 posts later .................

As Dorothy said, "Will this nightmare ever end ?".

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2019, 23:14   #81
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
And yet, 13 posts later .................

As Dorothy said, "Will this nightmare ever end ?".
so three days later you bee bop in with this trash to bring the whole dead & dissolved matter to breathing again ?

Really...

You must be one real special breed of Jackass

In case you missed it, there's a Dumping Brass thread down below where as a contributor you can contribute
This situation here is a closed matter troll.
Old November 12, 2019, 07:48   #82
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
Quote:
so three days later you bee bop in with this trash to bring the whole dead & dissolved matter to breathing again ?

Really...

You must be one real special breed of Jackass

In case you missed it, there's a Dumping Brass thread down below where as a contributor you can contribute
This situation here is a closed matter troll.
Oh, how the pot called the kettle black.

Who died and gave you the impression you were in charge?
Old November 12, 2019, 10:30   #83
OMCHamlin
Registered

FALaholic #: 15205
Well, just a bystanders educated observation, having bought and sold on numerous forums; deals going south look a lot like this every time:
1. Buyer orders “X”. (X = a used or new part or something the seller makes)
2. Communications between buyer and seller are exemplary right up until the moment the buyer sends payment.
3. Comms from buyer continue, comms from seller cease.
4. Buyer becomes frustrated, attempts to continue to communicate with seller, but after a point of time, begins to take an understandably sour tone.
5. Buyer, frustrated, airs the issue on line.
6. Thread about asshole seller grows, seller eventually steps in to explain how:
a. My dog he...
b. My wife she...
c. Our supplier they...
d. My health it...
e. My emotions, my mental health, my wiener, my crack addiction, my blah, blah, blah...
7. Frustrated, buyer unleashes on seller publicly. What he says or doesn’t say is of no real importance at this point, per the righteously indignant seller, he has “CROSSED THE LINE!”
8. Buyer, having crossed said line, will now get nothing!!!
Buyers “crass behavior” replaces and supersedes all sellers previous excuses.
9. Cycle repeats, with another forum member eventually posting a link to the sellers previous exploits.
10. Other forum members rise to defend seller.
11. Repeat...

It’s actually pretty funny exactly how close to the above template these things usually are, no matter what forum it begins on. Funny that is, unless you’re the poor sap (aka buyer) that got shafted.

Last edited by OMCHamlin; November 12, 2019 at 10:37.
OMCHamlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2019, 11:32   #84
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
[QUOTE=OMCHamlin;4806155]Well, just a bystanders educated observation, having bought and sold on numerous forums; deals going south look a lot like this every time:
1. Buyer orders “X”. (X = a used or new part or something the seller makes)
2. Communications between buyer and seller are exemplary right up until the moment the buyer sends payment.
3. Comms from buyer continue, comms from seller cease.
4. Buyer becomes frustrated, attempts to continue to communicate with seller, but after a point of time, begins to take an understandably sour tone.
5. Buyer, frustrated, airs the issue on line.
6. Thread about asshole seller grows, seller eventually steps in to explain how:
a. My dog he...
b. My wife she...
c. Our supplier they...
d. My health it...
e. My emotions, my mental health, my wiener, my crack addiction, my blah, blah, blah...
7. Frustrated, buyer unleashes on seller publicly. What he says or doesn’t say is of no real importance at this point, per the righteously indignant seller, he has “CROSSED THE LINE!”
8. Buyer, having crossed said line, will now get nothing!!!
Buyers “crass behavior” replaces and supersedes all sellers previous excuses.
9. Cycle repeats, with another forum member eventually posting a link to the sellers previous exploits.
10. Other forum members rise to defend seller.
11. Repeat...

I think everyone like's to fight and see who's dick is bigger . They all got a room together , for a circle jerk .

((( Micro Galil / Colt )))
fly2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote