Notices

Old February 25, 2020, 18:29   #1
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Top Investor Asks For Advice on “Stockpiling Food”

Top Investor Asks For Advice on “Stockpiling Food”

Quote:
Investor and Bedrock founder Geoff Lewis is asking for advice on stockpiling food in another illustration of how the spread of coronavirus is driving fears of shortages.
https://summit.news/2020/02/25/top-i...ckpiling-food/

BLACK BLADE: Not only are the "Elites" booking private jets to boogy outta town they also want stockpiling advice ... This guy want his stocpile "Keto Friendly". :rofl_smal
Old February 25, 2020, 19:00   #2
Shoots High
previously "powderhead"

FALaholic #: 18717
Definitely you'll need a generous supply of dehydrated water and canned heat.
Shoots High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2020, 16:23   #3
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Good luck finding long term food, stock is low everywhere. I ordered some MH #10 cans Feb 10 and still have not received a ship notice. Lots of people buying right now.
Try finding face masks in stock anywhere.
Old February 26, 2020, 21:36   #4
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Right now,buy what you can buy.Stuff that is still in the stores. I'd focus on dried box foods,canned foods,butter, cereals,etc. Don't tie your money up in ordering stock that isn't there,and won't be for the foreseeable future. Only part with cash if you get something in return.
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2020, 22:30   #5
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
I’m going to buy a side of strip steak for the freezer.

Do you suppose if this gets bad anyone will mind if I shoot a deer off the back deck in the suburbs?
Old February 27, 2020, 09:06   #6
davedude
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Right now,buy what you can buy.Stuff that is still in the stores. I'd focus on dried box foods,canned foods,butter, cereals,etc. Don't tie your money up in ordering stock that isn't there,and won't be for the foreseeable future. Only part with cash if you get something in return.
Yeah well it showed to be in stock at the time and as of yesterday Mountain House still showed the items I ordered as available. Have not got a response to my email inquiry to them. Ordered through a third party originally, will not recommend them to anyone as it took follow up phone calls to get anything done. Prices are better than direct from MH and they promised shipment in a couple days. Oh well we'll see how it goes.
I already have a good supply oh MH #10 cans, just wanted to pad the stock some. We did add to rice, salt and sugar stocks.
This looks like the ammo scares, folks are worried and buying up available long term food in higher volume than normal. News about Corona virus gets worse daily.
Old February 27, 2020, 12:17   #7
TraFALgar
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4366
I ordered a few things from mypatriotsupply yesterday. Their website's shipping delay notice says that "Demand for our storable food product remains near 100X normal volume."
TraFALgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 13:09   #8
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Don't forget;

Toilet paper,,,,this virus hits the GI track hard,,like the flu,,

Tissue/kleenex,,hits the nose hard

Rubber gloves,, keeps the crap off your hands and reminds you not to touch your face when wearing them

Paper plates,,,plastic spoons/forks,,large trash bags,,black contractor,,for dumping all your waste in and sealing,,if caring for a loved one/family member when they come down with this virus/flu etc.

You can make your own masks;

Buy extra large white T shirts,,,,gauze pads,,4x4,,,

cut the T shirts into 4x4....5x5 squares,,,two layers of T shirt material,,place a 4x4 gauze pad in between,,sew them together,,,take thin strips of the T shirts/left over materials,,,and sew on at the corners,,12 inch long string pieces.

Masks are simply to trap the virus in the mask,,but allow air flow to the wearer.

The modern masks are real thin,,,able to trap a virus with very little material over the mouth and nose,,,,but the old way of making and using these,,with thicker materials works just as well.

Like the old days,,,ugh,,,of reusing needles and syringes,, yea,,,that was a "thing" not that long ago,,,one can reuse these masks,,,simply boil them for 20 minutes,,with a touch of bleach added to the water,,remove,,,air dry,,reuse them.

These cloth masks,,also fit better than the new ones,,,and fitment is all important.

Locate a local family member that sews,,,purchase T shirts,,cut and sew them together.

As the sun begins to shine all day,,,weather warms,,spring arrives,,all these elements are death to a virus.

Any virus is like fire,,,,it needs certain things to be just right,,to live and thrive,,move from person to person,,and spring time denies these "things".

Next fall and winter,,without a vaccine,,is going to be a real bitch.

Harbor freight has the thick latex gloves
Lowes has the large packets of TP paper towels
Walmart,,,paper plates,,plastic spoons/forks and Extra large T shirts.

China locked down all them millions of folks,,could happen here,,,and the food trucks of course stopped rolling into those areas,,and "officials" are now taking what food that does make it in,,to care for their own families,,,which seems to be the norm in these situations...........

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...irus-lockdown/

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 15:08   #9
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
If you ain't got the shit you need by now then everything you bring into the house my have the flu on it. Who stocked the shelves? Well maybe folks will be lucky.....or maybe not.

Preppers have their shit ready.
Old February 27, 2020, 17:10   #10
davedude
Registered

Pretty creepy video out of Wuhan. Locked down folks wailing.

https://youtu.be/Zp3jH6iYrnw
Old February 27, 2020, 19:17   #11
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedude View Post
Pretty creepy video out of Wuhan. Locked down folks wailing.

https://youtu.be/Zp3jH6iYrnw
Sounds like this below,,and even looks like this below.

Shove millions of people into those factory apartment buildings,,lock them in for a month or two,,and it will cause many to simply go mad.

Howling at the moon is a real thing.

Old February 27, 2020, 19:26   #12
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
I read in my local paper that this virus couldn't live on a surface of something, out in the open for much more than an hour. Any truth to that?

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2020, 20:03   #13
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbay View Post
I read in my local paper that this virus couldn't live on a surface of something, out in the open for much more than an hour. Any truth to that?
There are a ton of variables to take into account,,heat, temp,surface types,wet, dry, and on and on.

A rise in temperature and a lot of sunlight kills exposed viruses.
How fast,,,it depends.

Docs keep saying,,,come spring time,,,warm,dry sunny conditions,,,this dies off,,until next year.

People in China still wearing coats,,,,when the weather warms and the coats come off,,people air out their homes,,,sun shines,,,a virus like the flu,,goes away till the next season,,when it gets cold and people move back indoors for the winter.

Old February 27, 2020, 21:01   #14
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
It Begins: Hawaii Stores Empty Out On Coronavirus "Panic Buying"

Quote:
"The essentials toilet paper, paper towels, bottles of water, soap, a lot of Clorox stuff, cleaning supplies… I figure with all the coronavirus scare and everything, it's better to be safe than sorry," said Honolulu resident Keane Zakimi.

Hawaii Foodbank told KHON that residents are panic buying non-perishable foods and medical masks. They said the same fear that is seen in Asia has now spread to Hawaii.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/it...s-panic-buying

BLACK BLADE: Of course most preppers already are set for such an emergency should it arrive here.
Old February 27, 2020, 22:52   #15
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
Yellowhand,

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2020, 03:54   #16
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbay View Post
No.

9 days, but 14 days if bodily fluids such as snot are present.

It was 86 in Singapore the other dsy.
Summer in Australia.
Believe they just had their first death.

We are ~6 weeks behind China if you want to use that for reference.

There is no need for LTS food, most shelf stable foods will last 1-2 years, and most of y'all aren't going to put back that much.

Dollar tree has some pretty decent shelf stable milk $1/quart.
Free delivery to local dollar tree.

Your not going to be able to get red feather butter, but Aldi's carries Ghee... It's clarified butter.
Old March 03, 2020, 10:21   #17
davedude
Registered

Well yippee I got my ship notice on the Mountain House #10 cans from both the vendor and Mountain House customer service. Got everything topped off, looking ok for now. Ready for spring storm season and Corona virus as well.
Got to spend time to improve and expand my rain barrel system.......
Old March 03, 2020, 16:48   #18
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
For milk if you go to a decent grocery store their are two types of Almond Milk, I prefer Diamond Brand or Silk but will buy generic if cheaper. One is in the refrigerated section, has to stay refrigerated and lasts about eight to ten weeks before looks and smells odd. The other will find on a shelf, usually in the organic or "health foods" sections and can be stored on the shelf refrigerated for up to a year.

We keep both as the long storage shelf type costs more. In our basement where its a constant temperature and in a steel locker to discourage mice or squirrels from entering house and finding food have seen them chew though five gallon plastic buckets but never steel garbage cans or steel lockers have stored it 18 to 24 months and once opened has to be refrigerated if not consumed quickly.

I much prefer the vanilla almond milk which after a few weeks to a month tastes like real milk to me but most important it can be used to cook a mean pan of home squished biscuits and make homemade southern style "sawmill gravy" to go on said biscuits. Have made two batches of biscuits this week with gravy (its our Sunday morning ritual before church most weeks) and generally pull from the long term storage in the basement locker when it reaches 12 to 18 months on the shelf and then buy fresh to replace it so inventory is always rotating.

I buy what amounts to about one gallon per month which means at any time we have 12 to 24 gallons of almond milk in the basement and usually three to four gallons in the fridge upstairs. It keeps so long did not even go to the grocery store a single time in the month of February and still had three half gallon jugs in the fridge Sunday evening when went to store and bought nine half gallon jugs for fridge and another 1.5 gallons for the basement.

I keep a minimum of 1.5 to 2.0 years supply of my favorite organic blueberry shredded wheat cereal in the house. About two weeks ago I opened the first case with an early 2019 date, in January and most of February was still eating grocery store purchased organic cereal that I buy several cases whenever its on sale, date and shelf upstairs. Have opened boxes that were stored in original store packaging and in their original shipping cases as long as two years and it still tastes crisp and fresh pouring 18 to 24 month old vanilla almond milk on it.

We have at least two years of 25 year long term storage food for two people stashed but will most likely be given away at 20 years to a homeless shelter and replaced. I like real food and buying off the grocery shelf and learning how long stuff stays fresh either on shelf, refrigerated of frozen we can easily have two years of our same food we eat everyday, purchased when on sale because we never "need" it now because we are out of whatever because based on item know it lasts six months, twelve months, two years or more. Rice lasts near about forever near as I can tell. Butter which we keep about a years worth between fridge and freezer would be the first to loose which would be horrible not to have on fresh biscuits.

Baking powder goes bad quickly. Have learned self rising flour does not sore as well as regular flour and it does much better if refrigerate and why we have a fridge upstairs and basement plus big freezer in basement. We add baking powder to make biscuits and bread rise if not a yeast bread. People buying freeze dried don't realize some is only five year rated and the 25 year food is not cheap. Buy once cry once or twice based on age and lifespan. Looks like our 25 year food will have to be replaced one more time in our lifespan. Otherwise we can live off grocery store food purchased on mega-sale with coupons and save on average of over 2,000 dollars over average daily price by rotating and not ever buying if not on sale. Not missed a meal or eaten anything that looked or smelled rank.

People who panic purchase freeze dried usually let the rats get it because if didn't think to buy long before panic time have not thought how to store. A friend bought over $1,500 of freeze dried food that shipped in five gallon plastic buckets with lids like buy at home improvement centers. Told him if did not put it all in a steel job box or metal locker mice/rats/squirrel would get into it. He said he didn't have mice in his house, never had and never will as had a regular exterminator service. Put it all in a spare bedroom closet on main floor of his home. About two years later was repainting and doing some remodel work and that closet had to be emptied. mice had entered through exterior wall, chewed holes through back sides of his buckets and tunneled up into them eating what they liked and filling the buckets full of mouse crap which contaminated the entire lot.

I did not say "I told you so" but he put all in a roll off dumpster with the construction debris and now won't buy more as afraid of same issue when I told him for less than half the price of the food he can buy a ten gauge steel job box, bolt to concrete floor in garage, load with his plastic buckets and nothing is chewing through a steel job box but wont spend $500 to protect $1,500 worth of food. Most of the food people are buying now will go bad or bring rodents into their homes to ruin it if they don't think about how to secure it from a mouse that can squeeze under a door when young with a couple others and by running the baseboards or in attics/crwlspaces never bee seen till that big supply of emergency food has turned your house into a flea infested rat haven.

I gave him two Israeli gas masks several years ago and last week he asked if I had more he could buy. Asked him what happened to the two I gave him to which he replied an ex girlfriend he ran off after discovering she had a dope problem had turned one into a bong to smoke crack in and the other he put in his attic and the heat rotted the rubber. Sent him a link to them on eBay and he was stunned what they cost with a single filter when I gave him a pair in original box with two filters each. When he threw out the g/f's smoking apparatus and the mask that rubber rotted in hot attic he threw away the filters as well. My sympathy level for these people has vanished.

I give them good prepping supplies, they buy good stuff and do not care for it like their lives depend on it. When a person needs their preps their life does depend on them. I have a dozen Israeli masks in original boxes with two filters each. Have a pair of Avon fan driven battery powered dual filter masks with voice boxes, microphones for radios and drinking tubes. Have six MSA Millennium CBRN masks that can put filter on either side so does not mess with cheek weld on rifle or run as double filter, drinking tubes, clip on tinted visors and have microphone kits if don't use throat mics with them.

I still have four Vietnam/cold War era M17 USGI issue masks and over a dozen sets of the cheek filter sets per mask still sealed in foil/paper packaging. Hate a mask that has to be removed to do a filter swap but they are reasonably comfortable, paid for and have filters. All of the masks are kept out of U.V. light and at least once a year the rubber is wiped down with a preservative to keep it from getting brittle and cracking. Have 144 Swiss made 40mm filters along with about 60 spare Isreali 40mm filters, Avon brand filters in NBC, Explosive gas environment rated along with other specialty filters. Found a deal on 60mm NBC filters once so cheap had to buy a 50 count box so have at least a dozen 40mm to 60mm adapters. Can adapt 60's to 40 or 40's to 60.

We have rolls of plastic, cases of duct tape, cases of HEPA and activated charcoal filters for HVAC along with many pre-filters to keep the big chunks from reducing lifespan of the expensive filters. After thinking about Yellowhands Israeli 95.5% disposables even with well over 200 N95 3M filters ordred two boxes of the Israeli just to hedge. That is all the preps have added that have not had for years and continuously upgraded. Paid $99 to $149 for my MSA Millennium CBRN masks before adding the tinted visors, extra filters and microphones. ON eBay a base model Millennium CBRN mask is bringing over $500 today. Have no sympathy and almost want to neckbeard some masks and filters while the market is high and resupply later like a Sandy Hook of breathing equipment. May sell some of the M17's if price goes up enough for new with spare filters.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 04, 2020, 06:56   #19
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Do most of our grocery shopping at Kroger leveraging their Mega-sale items, Buy 5 Save $5, electronic coupons from Kroger App, Kroger print coupons sent via mail and given at register plus manufacturer download and print coupons. Have literally seen items on Mega-sale that were also included in their Buy 5 Save $5 plus had electronic coupons plus print coupons from Kroger and manufacturer. When the stars align in the past have walked out with (my trick usually only allows five of each item per visit but drive by Kroger at least twice a day) one of our favorite product say in $5 per unit price range for under a buck per unit. Have a receipt saved from late 2018 where purchased five $5.99 items and after all discounts and coupons applied paid 79 cents per item. That was a $26 savings on five blocks of cheese.

First job to get best prices is a journal and/or spreadsheet plus time in store, online and opening "junk mail" with coupon offers. When Kroger opened at the time their largest store in the state at corner where I make my third turn going to work and five minutes if no wrecks blocking an intersection from house had to stop in. Noticed most food was higher than our normal prices for most items but were sale items that were less than average price in my journal so picked up three to five units of three different items and while wandering the store saw the POP ads for the Kroger App. Downloaded in the store and found two of the three items had electronic coupons dropping price even more.

Up till this point most Fridays left work early starting at Aldi, then Sam's Club, Walmart, major Bakery/bread store manufacturing outlet, J&J Foods (local discount grocery) and Publix last as has highest average food cost of any other chain but ocassional sale item worth the stop. My trip is effiently laid out and keep a journal (electronic for easy updating) with all items we try to always have in house updating regular price of each store plus that weeks sales. Would sometimes at end of trip have three to five items that had not purchased till saw all prices in store as not always consistent with web sites and apps that went on list to pick up next day when close to store with best deal. My logging showed $1,500 to $2,000 saved per year at the time which is a fair number of firearms, ammo and accessories deals for the effort.

As I settled into the new Kroger began to notice trends when items would go on sales, how good of sales and match to my print and e coupons best possible. Kroger allows coupon stacking and have used three to four coupons on same item. We actually get a monthly mail out now based on our purchase history which usually has one item in our profile "free with any purchase" often it being a $5 to $7 item. Ayone who does not pick up $5 bills off the floor has more money than me. Midnight Tuesday is when weekly sales change so if have an item with limit stopping at least once per day I stop on Tuesday to get my last four or five which is usual limit.

New sales begin Wednesday so stop and often just roll buggy through store not buying anything unless it's so cheap know not to let it slip as often the best sales go out of stock first day and might get restocked only once that week. This gives me a couple days to plan for my big trip on Saturday as they have a lot of half day only sales to get people in the store Saturday morning because it's a ghost town with usually only one register open and a dedicated small group of power shoppers. Walk in with a plan but scan every isle for the half day only sales after my 7:00 am Men's Bible Study & Prayer group meeting so hit the store between 8:00 am and 8:30 before special sales are gone due to the others like me.

Knowing item x goes on Mega-sale one week per month, one week in eight, one week per quarter or two weeks per year allows me to have a good idea of how much to buy when sales hit based on extra coupons and discounts. May have to buy a months worth of this and three months of that but after first six mnths had a system allowing me to buy 85% of all our food in the newest and cleanest store in town for less than any other place if track everything properly and use my coupons. Worst year since they opened we saved $1,900 over everyday prices and best year save $3,500 over everyday prices plus get one fuel point for every dollar spent weekdays and 2 fuel pots per dollar on weekends. Not uncommon to have enough points to save fifty cents per gallon so we pull at least two trucks to pump and fill one then the other often saving almost $20 on fuel and have on a few occasions had a buck per gallon off when they had a 4x fuel point special weekend.

Another trick is Kroger gives 4x fuel points on gift cards. If I have a $500 tool have seen on sale at Lowe's or Home Depot buy a $500 gift card to proper store, get 2,000 fuel points and buy tool with the gift card. Almost always have at least a $100 gift card for Lowe's and Home Depot in pocket for small purchases and by playing the fuel point game we save on average over $1,000 per year on fuel. Add in grocery savings and we save $3,000 to $4,000 per year playing Kroger game by their rules. What can you do with an extra $4,000.

Yesterday needed to stop and make my last purchase till the flu worry is over as we have no immediate grocery needs, even for milk out to at least nine months now on even a small item except yogurt which does not keep well and can live without. The isles were packed to point of difficulty navigating store with "Pic-Click" shoppers. This is where you buy groceries online or with App, store employee pulls your order and you stop at side door where it's loaded in vehicle without ever exiting car. All my doctor buddies said they are bing groceries online for delivery to stay out of crowds much as possible. Talked to a Pic-Click worker and assistant store manager who said they just set a store record for Pic-Click orders on a Tuesday of over 200 orders with a Tuesday average of 80. Said basically every day for past week has been a record day and each day the number of pic-click orders climb.

Sometimes they have Pic-Click specials that may be half price of buying in the store yourself. I keep watch for those and when spot order as many of the Pic-Clik items as possible online and pay. Then go in store to leverage in store deals and as leave swing by the Pic-Click pickup door. Shop smart and can have two years food supply like we do and save thousands of dollars doing it as always have enough of anything to wait for next super sale price. Takes a little planing and work but allows me another few AR 15 and AR 10 builds a year as wife let's me buy gun parts with money saved since I took over grocery shopping and put effort into my system.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 04, 2020, 19:08   #20
davedude
Registered

Well what a change a couple days makes. Just got this email from Mountain House. Looks like they are sold out .... of everything. Glad I got mine in when I did.

Quote:
Trouble viewing our email? View in Your Browser

EMERGENCY MEALS

ADVENTURE MEALS

SMOOTHIES

SIMPLE SENSATIONS

MOUNTAIN HOUSE UPDATE
We hope this email finds all of you safe and healthy. Over the past few weeks, we've seen unprecedented demand driven by Americans preparing for the impact of the coronavirus on their daily lives. Due to this increased demand in stores and online, our website is currently out of stock on our items. Our teams are working diligently to meet the growing demand across the country and your patience is greatly appreciated.

IF YOU'VE ALREADY PLACED AN ORDER

1. We are currently reviewing all orders placed in the past ten days.
2. We are removing items unable to be shipped and will email a revised order confirmation with updated items and quantities. (Some people have already been sent this communication. Please check your inbox.)
Due to the high number of orders we're attempting to process, we ask that you do not call our customer service line as this will only further slow order processing.

IF YOU HAVEN'T PREPARED YET

1. Click here to print a kit builder for a specific retailer or click on a logo below.
2. Please visit our "Where to Buy" page to locate your nearest retailer that carries Mountain House.
3. Items will be released in the order they become available on MountainHouse.com. Please visit regularly as inventory sells out fast.

STAY INFORMED

Please continue to monitor and stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 outbreak by checking online with local health authorities, the CDC and the World Health Organization.

Old March 04, 2020, 19:19   #21
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Going to buy a few extra boxes of pop tarts,,,,,things keep forever,,,,the modern day chocolate bar too!!!!

Folks are finding out,,the hard way,,,that on average three days worth of chow in the house,,,is simply not enough.

The LDS store is out of everything,,,never seen that before.

https://store.churchofjesuschrist.or...encyPreference

Old March 04, 2020, 19:27   #22
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Going to buy a few extra boxes of pop tarts,,,,,things keep forever,,,,the modern day chocolate bar too!!!!

Folks are finding out,,the hard way,,,that on average three days worth of chow in the house,,,is simply not enough.

You get more pop tart for your money buying winco brand.

Edited to add, I saw the first food delivery trucks in the neighborhood today. Guy delivers to the door and walks away.

Last edited by Bawana jim; March 04, 2020 at 19:45.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 04, 2020, 19:53   #23
davedude
Registered

Quote:

My next stop is the liquor store. Sure would suck to run out of straight bourbon whiskey while standing by in quarantine. I'm going to skip the boutique cask strength with age statement stuff and go for smooth quality at a good price point and lots of it.
Old March 04, 2020, 20:08   #24
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
My next stop is the liquor store. Sure would suck to run out of straight bourbon whiskey while standing by in quarantine. I'm going to skip the boutique cask strength with age statement stuff and go for smooth quality at a good price point and lots of it.
Wife and I don't drink,,,,I used to,,,stopped back in early 70's,,,,,,,,,,HOWEVER,,,, going to be adding a few bottles to the stash,,,one never knows....

Will stack them over by the BLT sandwiches,,,,,

Old March 04, 2020, 20:19   #25
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

In all honesty,,,,enough stuff in the in-house pantry for 60 plus days,,,if a problem develops,,,much of that,,,will be "expanded" out with rice/beans/mac/etc,,,to 90/120 days,,,then the heavy store rooms come into play,,,for yr/18 months plus for a couple of people....

That old can of chili,,,wonderful by itself,,,gets mixed in with rice to feed three/four/five meals for a couple of people...........

Couple cups of dried potato's,,cup of carrots,,cup of beans,,cup of other lentils,,a few biscuits baked up,, gets turned into nice hot meals for a day or two for a couple of folks...

Expanding meals not that hard,,,if one is stocked up with enough of the basics.

If all else fails,,,runs dry,,,eat the dog food stored for the hounds,,,then eat them hounds....

Old March 04, 2020, 20:26   #26
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots High View Post
Definitely you'll need a generous supply of dehydrated water and canned heat.
I on't know where to get the dehydrated water, but here is your Canned Heat.

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2020, 12:04   #27
davedude
Registered

Quote:
Wife and I don't drink,,,,I used to,,,stopped back in early 70's,,,,,,,,,,HOWEVER,,,, going to be adding a few bottles to the stash,,,one never knows....

Will stack them over by the BLT sandwiches,,,,,
Added to the rest this should get me by for a week or two. Or three. And who knows, may be effective in treating corona-virus. My selections may not be quite up to bourbon snob standards but I do not care. Been taking a "shine" to white dog too but has to be minimum of 100 proof to make the list.

whiskey - Copy
Old March 07, 2020, 12:59   #28
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Added to the rest this should get me by for a week or two. Or three. And who knows, may be effective in treating corona-virus. My selections may not be quite up to bourbon snob standards but I do not care. Been taking a "shine" to white dog too but has to be minimum of 100 proof to make the list.

whiskey - Copy

JB and Chivas,,old school I guess.