The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old January 13, 2020, 15:13   #1
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
Just got this from My Congressman ->

It will go no where in the house of Democraps though ,,But Im happy I voted for Rep. Mooney R -WV

I am pleased to announce that I cosponsored, H.R. 5289 the Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act of 2019. This bill removes unnecessary restrictions on gun owners by eliminating short-barreled rifles (barrels of less than 16 inches) from the definition of firearms under the National Firearms Act. The bill will eliminate costly government regulations on rifles commonly used for personal defense as well as hunting and competitive shooting. As a strong supporter of our constitutional right to bear arms, I will continue to fight to protect our Second Amendment from needless government intervention and regulation.

Summary: H.R.5289 116th Congress (2019-2020)
All Information (Except Text)

There is one summary for H.R.5289. Bill summaries are authored by CRS.
Shown Here:
Introduced in House (12/03/2019)

Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act of 2019

This bill removes short-barreled rifles (barrels of less than 16 inches in length) from the definition of firearms for purposes of the National Firearms Act. It also eliminates the prohibition on the transportation of such rifles in interstate commerce and treats persons who acquire or possess a short-barreled rifle as meeting the registration or licensing requirements for such rifle where such requirements are determined by reference to the National Firearms Act.

The bill preempts state or local laws that impose a tax or recordkeeping requirements on short-barreled rifles.

The Department of Justice must destroy records relating to the registration of certain rifles within one year after the enactment of this bill.
randy762ak is offline   Reply With Quote